Jabba's Rancor Pit - TRU Exclusive

Reaction score
looks like POTF Rancor got whiplash when Jabbas Sailbarge stopped short and was rear ended by a sand crawler.

Reaction score
If you've been harmed in an auto accident call the Law Offices of Garindan and Associates. We'll get you the credits you deserve.

cut to testimonial clip.

watto: when-a I-a got-a my-a speeder all-a banged up. Garindan and Associates got-a me the settlement I-a deserved.

Reaction score
Still 80 at my TRU. employees cleverly hid it during the sale. 2 of these have been sitting around forever and I do need every fig in the set but it's a lot to ask at once when I'm trying to save for a BMF

Reaction score
Still 80 at my TRU. employees cleverly hid it during the sale. 2 of these have been sitting around forever and I do need every fig in the set but it's a lot to ask at once when I'm trying to save for a BMF
If the stuff is all new to you, you really can't beat that price. When the Rancor was out, that was $40 right there, plus the Jabba, I'd say new at retail they'd probably charge $25-$30, so already you're looking at $65-$70, and then add to that four TVC figures at $12 a pop, so $48, if you were to buy all of this stuff new at retail you'd be paying $113-$118, so $80 really isn't that bad. Now the price it was when this set first came out, THAT was bad.

Reaction score
I agree it's a great price but no big purchases until I get my hands on a BMF. Plus the girlfriend has teased about buying this one so I may wait to see how that goes down.

Reaction score
I agree it's a great price but no big purchases until I get my hands on a BMF. Plus the girlfriend has teased about buying this one so I may wait to see how that goes down.
That would be a good deal and stay after the BMF. Once you get one, you will never feel bad about the money you spent on it.

Reaction score
I thought that was so much money back then. Insane. I think I'll have a BMF soon as my tax return os about twice as high as expected. Also, I was foolish not buying that back then but I did buy lots of DBZ figures back then, all of which are extremely rare now. Getting offers for one of the figures for about $100 loose so I need to pull the trigger and sell these bad boys to get this ship. Loosing one rare thing but gaining another.

Reaction score
I'd have bought the whole pallet knowing then what we know now.
I don't believe Hasbro when they say this would now cost $600. They just want to sell the new Version. The old Version has already been developed, tooled, and paid for. This time they would have to pay for only Labor, raw materials, and shipping. With the Price of oil so cheap, I can't imagine plastic being that expensive. Labor costs have probably gone up, but that should be Offset without tooling and development costs, to an extent.

The Problem is that hasbro sees any Thing like this as an exclusive and not a General release and that's why they Name that Price. oddly enough, Hasbro was able to make that 6" TIE and the TFA Falcon General releaes, so why not their best ever MF?

Reaction score
I love the BMF. When my son first got it, it was too large for him to pick up.

Reaction score
Just to give you all a heads up, I placed an order on TRU.com and got this for $63.98 before tax. Toys R Us is currently running a friends and family discount of 20% off with the code FRIEND20. The code runs to Monday the 25th.

Reaction score
Just to give you all a heads up, I placed an order on TRU.com and got this for $63.98 before tax. Toys R Us is currently running a friends and family discount of 20% off with the code FRIEND20. The code runs to Monday the 25th.
Man, that's tempting ... and all I want is more Gammies!

Reaction score
Finally got around to messing with the Rancor set. I swapped the Jabba from the Walmart set out with the new one. Doesn't look too bad.

Reaction score
That looks great. I did the same. I was a proponent of the original Walmart Jabba until I got this guy in-hand. It's a fantastic looking figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JVM

Reaction score
Just ebayed the Jabba recently and this is an amazing sculpt. I was starting to think lately Hasbro could never quite perfect ROTJ Jabba. The paintjob's not qutie right to ROTJ, but it's still a beauty of a figure.

(Would be cool to see a Jabba with a ball-jointed waist someday, no?)

Reaction score
Didn't even know this existed until I saw it tonight in TRU. Marked down to $80. But when I got home and looked it up on line, I realized it was because someone had stolen the Gamorrean Guard out of the front.

Swine!!!

Reaction score
Didn't even know this existed until I saw it tonight in TRU. Marked down to $80. But when I got home and looked it up on line, I realized it was because someone had stolen the Gamorrean Guard out of the front.

Swine!!!
No pun intended?

But seriously that is so aggravating when thieves do that.

Reaction score

Swine!!!
Perhaps the Rancor got hungry and ate him? They do have an appetite for Gamorreans, after all :p...

Reaction score
Would be cool if they did an actual Rancor Pit. Would be easy to have several flat pieces to make the walls and ceiling, basically a plastic box that can be broken down and fit within a more retail friendly packaging size. Top of the Rancor Pit/box could serve as Jabba's throne room and coincidentally they release Jabba and his throne separately.

Reaction score
Neat idea, but since this one was on clearance for so long, I doubt it will be rereleased anytime soon.
I think they could easily make the packaging for products into dioramas or playsets.
Yeah but weren't the figures and Jabba all 6 inch?

Utinniii

Reaction score
The Rancor set was 3.75. The Jabba was scaled down from the 6".
The 6" Jabba did lingr on the shelves for a long time as well.
They still could do playsets though. The packaging inserts are red with a design on them which could easily be changed to a cardboard stand up of some kind.

Reaction score
I already posted in the Walmart Luke ROTJ thread, but seeing how it's the same figure, I'll ask here as well. I have purchased this Luke figure THREE times. Every time, I wind up loosing the little accessory tool he comes with. Anyone happen to have some extras they would be willing to part with? One or two, in case I loose it again! If you can help. please let me know. Thanks!