Jabba's Rancor Pit - TRU Exclusive

Reaction score
Quality is great. Don't pass up if you don't have the Rancor... Jabba is good too... figures are good... and right now the price is just $79.98 at TRU.
Thanks for the info on this! I order this from TRU with a $25 store credit towards the purchase! I haven't got it yet, but should have it soon!!!

Reaction score
Thanks for heads up! All the tru in my area have entire endcaps of these for half off. I usually collect s
Sith and bounty hunters but this is one of those sets that tends to become extremely saught after down the road. I love the way it can be displayed in the box similar to starkiller base ren or other potf box sets in the past.

Reaction score
Got this for Christmas. Absolutely love it. I've opened it, removed the rancor and played with it a little. Love the detail, especially the piercings and chains. I put it back in the box for now since I have nowhere to display it... yet.

Reaction score
Is this Rancor the same one released a few eyars ago, that also had a Target retool for The Force Unleashed, or is this new?

Reaction score
Everything in the box is a repack except for Jabba, so yes it's the same Rancor. Actually both versions of it were Target exclusives previously.

Reaction score
The Rancor is painted much nicer and more realistically than the previous Target version, for what it's worth.

Reaction score
The Rancor is painted much nicer and more realistically than the previous Target version, for what it's worth.
I'm not sure I would agree. Mine has very stark differences in coloring between the feet and legs, and between other parts as well, so it looks kind of pieced together. Probably varies from figure to figure though.

Reaction score
I prefer the original Target release. The teeth were done a lot better the first time around too.

Reaction score
I was considering picking this up...but I'm struggling to justify it for $80. The only things I don't have in this set are the rancor and the gamorean guard.

Reaction score
The Gamorean guard is really an excellent figure alone. It was miraculous that I found two in the wild over at Walmart. If that set came with two I would've caved in and bought it for $80 or $90.

Reaction score
I just got this last Saturday about bought for $60 after tax with TRU store credit. and I must say my first SWBS purchase and very happy with it. And I must say the box mine came in is mint!! Not a scratch or crease.

Reaction score
The rancor is ridiculously awesome, I'd say it's nearly worth the price of admission alone and who knows when (if ever!) Hasbro will revisit this mold for another release. If you've got everything else from the set I imagine you could easily make back a good $30-$40 from selling off the stuff you don't want, especially the Jabba.

Reaction score
I'd ONLY be in it for the Rancor. I have the SDCC 6" Jabba w/ a custom throne. The other pieces in this set would go unwanted as I do not collect this line. The rancor, well....that's a different story lol.

Reaction score
No I have the Walmart Jabba, which is nice enough to not need replacing. I also wish there was a new rancor keeper in place of Leia she another gamorean guard in place of 3po.

Until I had the new Jabba I totally agreed with you. Once I put them together there is no comparison. The Walmart Jabba looks flat, or mushed compared to the black Jabba. The Walmart Jabba is great, until you have the black series Jabba.

Reaction score
The rancor is ridiculously awesome, I'd say it's nearly worth the price of admission alone and who knows when (if ever!) Hasbro will revisit this mold for another release. If you've got everything else from the set I imagine you could easily make back a good $30-$40 from selling off the stuff you don't want, especially the Jabba.

"I will love him and pet him, and he shall be my Squishy, and Squishy will be mine."

Reaction score
Until I had the new Jabba I totally agreed with you. Once I put them together there is no comparison. The Walmart Jabba looks flat, or mushed compared to the black Jabba. The Walmart Jabba is great, until you have the black series Jabba.
On cool, I caved and picked it up, just haven't opened it yet.

Reaction score
Watch Return Of The Jedi again; the Walmart Jabba looks like a pretty accurate representation from ROTJ, while this TRU exclusive Jabba looks more like the ANH SE Jabba.

Reaction score
This hasn't been available where I live and I'm not planning on getting it, BUT...since TBS 3.75" seems to be going on Hiatus or only being limited, if this does make ist way over here, then I'm thinking about getting it. I have the WM Jabba and all the figures, but the only Rancor I have is the real vintage one from the 80s.

Reaction score
Watch Return Of The Jedi again; the Walmart Jabba looks like a pretty accurate representation from ROTJ, while this TRU exclusive Jabba looks more like the ANH SE Jabba.
I don't really think this Jabba looks much like the CGI Jabba from ANH. I like the Walmart Jabba quite a bit, but it has some problems. The main one is that the head is too big in relation to the body, and looks kind of like a separate piece balanced on top of the body (which it basically is). There aren't many full-body shots of Jabba in Jedi, so I think we tend to overestimate how big his head was in relation to the body. But to me, the BS version looks more in proportion.

The Walmart Jabba also doesn't have articulated wrists. The poseable tail feature basically doesn't work at all, since the "skin" looks weird if you actually try and pose the tail. And some people are now saying that the rubber skin on the body is turning sticky and deteriorating. Mine is a little tacky, which has me worried for the longevity of the Walmart version. So these are all things to be aware of if you're trying to decide between versions.

Reaction score
Have yet to pick up the Walmart Jabba, though i've been meaning to since about 2011.
I like the Jabba in this Rancor pack because I feel it looks a lot like the 6" BS Jabba, which I love.

Reaction score
I see this keep getting cheaper and cheaper at my ( terrible btw) TRU, there is a price point at which I bite even though I already have everything in the box.

Reaction score
Bought this set, on clearance. Over all I'm happy with it for that price. The rancor is a fantastic toy. The inclusion of a new Jabba and a gamorrean guard is also great. My nit pick is there's no need for yet another Leia and 3po release. I did make the best of the extra 3po I have by turning it into an AOTC 3po even though I hate that movie.

Reaction score
Speaking of C-3PO, I was wondering if they ever corrected the back of the box that said that the set included Jabba's hookah but made no mention of C-3PO. I think the hookah would've been a better choice for this set -- especially if they could've included Salacious Crumb as well.

Reaction score
I picked this up and love it. $70 was a good price for me as I actually didn't have any of the figures included in this set.

Reaction score
Yeah, I passed this in TRU the other day and saw that price tag. I have all the figures and didn't really NEED it...but yeah. Had to get it.

Reaction score
I was thinking about upgrading my Walmart Jabba to this one, but all the ones on eBay have horrible paint apps on the nose. Did any of these guys come with good paint apps?

Reaction score
I keep tormenting myself by coming back to this thread even though I know it will never be available in the UK!

Reaction score
I keep tormenting myself by coming back to this thread even though I know it will never be available in the UK!
File it alongside the speeder bike, TVC Republic Gunship, TVC Millennium Falcon, B-Wing, Ewok catapult, Scanning Crew sets, Geonosis Jedi sets, Yavin Pilots etc

Reaction score
This set is on clearance now ($80) although I see others have gotten it for less.

Grab it soon, if you want it before a bunch grab it for ebay.

Reaction score
I picked up two today in their buy 1 get 1 50% off sale. Might keep on to offload when it goes out of stock from TRU. Wish I had picked up the Battle On Endor set when I saw it in my store last month.

Utinniii

Reaction score
Evolution of the Rancor

Her's a pic of my three Rancors.
You can see the progression in size.
I got the Black Series in October but I only opened it today. When I got out my vintage Rancor I was sad to discover that an arm had fallen off. I was too disheartened to take the photos.

Anyone know a good way to fix the Kenner Rancor? Last time I tried to fix my second one with nylon elastic cord, the arms were to loose. Mind you, I was a lot younger at the time. Still, any suggestions?

In case you're wondering, the bandage on the middle one is because he is recovering from that mean Jedi that dropped a gate on him.