Jabba's Palace

Reaction score
Here's a diorama I've been working on for a long time, and it's finally done (aside from some customs I want to add to it).

The whole thing is built into a custom coffee table, so it's a display area that serves a double duty. The center area is the main audience chamber, while there are assorted scenes around the perimeter. I'll be adding shots of the perimeter and the whole table, but here's a walkthrough of the main chamber.

A walkthrough of the Main Audience Chamber from my Jabba's Palace diorama. This is built into a coffee table and has a number of scenes, which I'll be sharing.

Main Audience Chamber (Instagram)

And here are some photos...

1cf43d51220c6dcbd42ae38e23caa6ea.jpg
908e60c41b1bc969ff54f39be4a586ea.jpg
4309a2ba0a40bbe9daa2a913aab5388f.jpg
1658ccf21be6d68c035caf96b9df613a.jpg
6b68ff56905ccea92da1167e4686cc53.jpg
9b7509ef3aa0df3ebbe6130797eb2f03.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reaction score
Absolutely beautiful diorama! I would love to learn more about the creation process, and see some pictures of the full coffee table.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Absolutely beautiful diorama! I would love to learn more about the creation process, and see some pictures of the full coffee table.
I'll definitely be posting some pics of the table itself, to show how it's all laid out. I'll also show some before and after, since the first iteration of this table was built before the blu-ray release of ROTJ, so pausing the movie to check out details didn't show everything as clearly as it does now, with 4k streaming.

I completely gutted the original table during COVID, and pretty much started over. Totally worth it!

Right now the completed table is up on sawhorses, but I'll be moving it to it's new home in my office this week.

This is a shot of the original build, when I lived in an apartment in NYC. I was super happy with it, and then my wife pointed out a very important fact: it's pretty boring from the outside. I had spent so much time thinking about the interior scenes that I neglected the exterior details.

f6f40046370467e4fc8c3d6e1e9f98f5.jpg

Here's a shot of the new build. Much better details in the interior, and interesting details on the outside. Where the original looked like a weird box unless you're looking through the few openings, this one is much more open and reads as a diorama from the outside as well (bear in mind it's up on sawhorses at the moment).

4ea80854188882c7ad21b5e8b9372db2.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is jawdropping, just amazing!!! That???? Is a work of art!!!! The details and realism are simply as good as it gets, love that you went back and did the outside too. Wow!!!! Looks really solid, do you mind me asking what you used?

Reaction score
This is jawdropping, just amazing!!! That???? Is a work of art!!!! The details and realism are simply as good as it gets, love that you went back and did the outside too. Wow!!!! Looks really solid, do you mind me asking what you used?

Many thanks!

The question is more "what didn't I use?" There are a ton of materials used, but the main body is wood, while the palace structures are 1/2" foamcore bonded with wood glue, and covered with at least one coat of plaster, sanded and shaped as needed. The floors are a mix of play sand, grout, white glue and an excellent homemade scenery glue I found on YouTube. And lots of paint!

LEDs were sourced from EvanDesigns.com, which I highly recommend for lighting. They're awesome.

Reaction score
What a fantastic display, there's so much about this that show exceptional planning and execution, building into the table is just over the top cool! Love that Costumes book on there as well!

Reaction score
What a fantastic display, there's so much about this that show exceptional planning and execution, building into the table is just over the top cool! Love that Costumes book on there as well!
Many thanks! And the costumes book is fantastic. It's a huge help, especially for some of the customs I still need to make to populate the diorama!

Reaction score
Wow. Great work and a wonderful display piece all around. Thanks for posting and I'll be looking forward to the video as well!!!