Jabba's Palace Diorama

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Insane!! Amazing! I thought Beaulieau's Palace was impossible to outdo, but this is about to!

Reaction score
Insane!! Amazing! I thought Beaulieau's Palace was impossible to outdo, but this is about to!
Thank you very much Daigo_Bah!
I'm happy to make a contribution in THE reference website on the Star Wars universe.
This website is incredibly rich and I think every member or visitor is happy to be here.

Reaction score
Finishing the room between the Throne room and the Carbonite room.

For the ceiling element, I used a damaged Kenner "Radar Laser Cannon".

And tinkered with the rest.

The decorative sculpture under the vault is made with Fimo clay.

Soon I will stick the sand

Reaction score
Carbonite Room - WIP

I tried to work this room as realistically as possible.
The "official" plan of the Palace that is found on the web has errors in several proportions as Carbonite room for example. I recalculated all with the different perspectives in the pictures I own.
The most important thing was to find the right general proportions so that the lights and shadows of the top grids to be oriented as in the movie.
Distance and angle of the lighting were also decisive.

Reaction score
Carbonite Room - WIP

I tried to work this room as realistically as possible.
The "official" plan of the Palace that is found on the web has errors in several proportions as Carbonite room for example. I recalculated all with the different perspectives in the pictures I own.
The most important thing was to find the right general proportions so that the lights and shadows of the top grids to be oriented as in the movie.
Distance and angle of the lighting were also decisive.

My god! That trophy room looks absolutely FANTASTIC!!! It looks just like the real filming set. Great job!

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Outstanding! Can't wait to see the trophy heads on the wall o-o

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you very much Daigo_Bah and Ashy_Larry for your very nice comments !

The trophy room is an important room. So I decided to add a playable part as for the grids or the floor hatch.
A new time, LEGO was the solution. A small gear system allows the Carbonite to go up and down with its LEDs placed inside for the lights.
It gave me more work but, in the end, it was really more fun.

UP/DOWN

The modeling of the trophy head "Jerba" will be the next step.

Reaction score
I finished lighting the small room.

A piece of Plexiglass engraved with a cutter ...

... as well as a yellow transparent film and the lighting is ok.

The head of the Tauntaun vintage Kenner version slightly re-carved and repainted.

I'm working on the Jerba modeling, in FIMO clay (photo taken by my daughter) :weeabooface:

Documents used for the jerba creature :

I cleared the photo with Photoshop. It can be seen the horns that were added to the creature.

Merry Christmas everybody !!!

Reaction score
My god! That trophy room looks absolutely FANTASTIC!!! It looks just like the real filming set. Great job!
I think that last shot is a comparison photo though. I'd love to see that trophy room once he has all his stuff in it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reaction score
Jess, this is looking fantastic. The yellow light in Jabba's alcove looks just like the film and the trophy heads look great as well. I can't wait to see them up on the wall.

Reaction score
Thank you Rchrz60 and dear bwize.

Trophy Room finished soon! I spent many hours on this small room... I think I'm a little crazy :)

Painted DIY and modeling :

It remains to realize the 3-shelf stand, glasses and curtains. If someone sees something I've forgotten ... Thanks

Reaction score
This is looking awesome! Love the heads on the wall, the furniture and pillows. Just needs Leia Boushh in there to set the scene. The lighting effects look spot on.

Reaction score
I'm sorry, it probably says something way back but I didn't want to go trudging through older posts, what scale is this? Is it for the 3.75" figures, or the 6" figures. Either way is amazing and I'm blown away, especially with Han in Carbonite moving up and down, but I would want to commission you for one if it's for the 6" figures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Utinniii

Reaction score
That is looking incredible. Items you could add are the pipe ends in the archway directly in front of Han (on the Jabba alcove side)

and below them is a table like the alcoves.

I assume you are adding the curtain to hide Jabba.

Here are good pics of the drink stand. (You will want to make 3 of them: Behind Droopy and on either side of Jabba's dais

The celing sculpture thing you made. are you lighting it up? It was lit on set.

Reaction score
Thank you Combat2000, Thank you bwize!

Thanks Rchrz60. The scale of the diorama is for the figurines 3.75" figures. My Palace measures in total 55" x 33.5" You imagine for 6" figures? :)

Thank you very much Utinniii for these new good photos and all these informations.
I'll add all these items. There is also a fourth cushion at the foot of the table and I'll change the colors and patterns as on the screen capture.
We can see a fifth cushion near the curtains too and a metal decorative object next to the other little table. We don't see it in full unfortunately.

Ok I see the pipe ends in the archway (red) and we can see a other wind chime near (green)
The lighting celling sculpture you're talking about is the spot light (yellow arrow) ?

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Mind officially blown! The lowering/raising mechanism is just too much awesomeness o-o

Utinniii

Reaction score
Thank you very much Utinniii for these new good photos and all these informations.
I'll add all these items. There is also a fourth cushion at the foot of the table and I'll change the colors and patterns as on the screen capture.
We can see a fifth cushion near the curtains too and a metal decorative object next to the other little table. We don't see it in full unfortunately.

Ok I see the pipe ends in the archway (red) and we can see a other wind chime near (green)
The lighting celling sculpture you're talking about is the spot light (yellow arrow) ?
Yes we do! It is behind Jabba somewhere (or near the game machines). I'll get you a pic when you have the time.

No. The white sculpture thing above Ree Yees and beside Cane Addis. It has a green light inside of it.

Reaction score
Thank you Utinniii for your informations.
I tell you what you mean. But I don't see the moment when the green light inside the white appears in the movie?

Utinniii

Reaction score
Sorry for not being clear. I'm really busy so I didn't have time to photoshop a circle in the pic.
Here it is with the green light.(Above Lando)

More buckets of fruits and the 3 level table.

Inside the archway beside it is a Wall computer

And here is the stand thing we can barely see when Jabba reveals himself. (The props were moved around a lot for each scene so you see them again and again in different spots.) It is right on the edge of the picture.

There is also this one.

Some details of Jabba's room.

Reaction score
This is amazing work! There are several pictures where I had to really look hard to figure out if they were movie stills or your diorama pictures.

Reaction score
This is amazing work! There are several pictures where I had to really look hard to figure out if they were movie stills or your diorama pictures.
I couldn't agree more, especially the trophy room, the diorama and lighting are spot on!

Reaction score
Thanks you KyleNotKatarn. Thank you Blue_Sky :)

Thanks again Utinniii for taking the time to send me these informations. All these details are interesting.
However, I have to make a choice. The archive photos are very practical but I think I will only realize the items that clearly appear only in the movie scenes.
The wall computer inside the archway for example is too blurry and I prefer not to realize it rather than inventing an object not in conformity with the film.
Another example: the lights in the holes located on the main wall in the trophy room. I know that they can light on but they are not lit in the film especially during the main "Carbonite" scene.

I got the picture with the Rodians and I had planned to improve the end of the joysticks on the wall computer.

I decided to realize the 3-shelf stand in 3d printing. Thank you Utinniii for the pics :)
I created two models. The model in the carbonate room has some small differences

Reaction score
I hollowed out inside the ceiling sculpture for two hours. Thank you Utinniii :)
I added a yellow light inside and the yellow light above the arcade. I hope you'll like the result.

Last edited:

Utinniii

Reaction score
looks great!
I also love that you put the set accurate steps going up. In the movie, they are going down (since Luke and Han meet from different directions but are both filmed going up the same steps.

Reaction score
Thank you Utinniii !
looks great!
I also love that you put the set accurate steps going up. In the movie, they are going down (since Luke and Han meet from different directions but are both filmed going up the same steps.

Utinniii

Reaction score
Are you making the couch? Between Rebo and ReeYees is the mushroom character as well. Also, the vent beside Jabba should have bumps inside.

Finally, since you are going for as accurate as possible, your 3 tier table design needs a bit more detail. You have the circle pattern in each section, but there is design on either side of the circle.

I'm only pointing these out because you seem to enjoy (like myself) getting as many details in as possible.

EDIT (again): I saw someone had their own face 3D Printed onto a Carbonite slab. I think you should sculpt your face on top of Han's so you can actually be in your diorama.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks Utinniii
I make small decoration objects for the moment.
When I work on the sofa, I will make attention to the details you have given me.

For the table, I saw the different pattern on the picture with Leia (with a large circle and two smaller ones) but I am unable to see where is the place in the table.

Concerning the head of Han in Carbonite, it's true that the sculpture could be further improved. But my eyes at this 3.75 "scale would not be accurate enough to attempt the experiment.
And then I also like to keep the toy aspect Hasbro with its small flaws :)

Are you making the couch? Between Rebo and ReeYees is the mushroom character as well. Also, the vent beside Jabba should have bumps inside.

Finally, since you are going for as accurate as possible, your 3 tier table design needs a bit more detail. You have the circle pattern in each section, but there is design on either side of the circle.

I'm only pointing these out because you seem to enjoy (like myself) getting as many details in as possible.

EDIT (again): I saw someone had their own face 3D Printed onto a Carbonite slab. I think you should sculpt your face on top of Han's so you can actually be in your diorama.

Utinniii

Reaction score
Thanks Utinniii

To be clear, the item in this picture is the droid serving tray in Jabba's sail barge. The top is from the same mold though (just layered).
Your arrow is pointing to the side.
On the top, each section has a border around it and a circle (with circles in it) in the centre. There is a celtic design on the outer corners.
Here is another pic.

The circle in the middle is deeper to hold the drink cup (like a cup holder in a car).

BTW, the chair with the gun and glass on it is the same one used in the cantina scene in A New Hope.

Reaction score
Utiniii--I thought that might be the same stool! FWIW, holeinthegroundpro.com has cast these stools up, if anyone's interested. Cool pic. I don't think I'd seen the second one previously.

Edit: Just dug back a few pages. LOTS of cool behind-the-scenes pics! Thanks for posting!

Jess, your diorama just keeps getting cooler. Add the 3 shelf table to the list of designs that, I hope, you someday post on Shapeways (or a similar site).

Last edited:

Utinniii

Reaction score
Utiniii--I thought that might be the same stool! FWIW, holeinthegroundpro.com has cast these stools up, if anyone's interested. Cool pic. I don't think I'd seen the second one previously.

Edit: Just dug back a few pages. LOTS of cool behind-the-scenes pics! Thanks for posting!

Jess, your diorama just keeps getting cooler. Add the 3 shelf table to the list of designs that, I hope, you someday post on Shapeways (or a similar site).
Here's a better shot.

Reaction score
Thank you very much Utinniii for the clarification and the pics. I will try to improve this.
Thank you Jaeger45 for you comment. Yes, I think all my models will be on Shapeways when the diorama is finished :)

I took a little break on the diorama. For a long time, I wanted to realize a custom of Yuzzum character. He will be in my diorama anyway.
I will post the WIP in the custom section in a few minutes.