Jabba's Palace Adventure Set w/Han (Carbonite) & Ree-Yees

Reaction score
I have yet to see one in a store. None of the WM's by me have anything in stock. Seeing several shelves of lightsabers and rarely a couple of the 6 inch. Both of which I do not collect.

Reaction score
Obijuan hooked me up with the set. It arrived today in great condition. A valued member of the community.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Again, this is hilarious & ironic. I.e., this Jabba's Palace set was something that people were clamoring over this past Spring, and some collectors (myself included) weren't sure this was ever going to be made available en masse @ retail. Now, it's not only a lot easier to find - but it's going on sale. Wow.

I've never seen more than 1-2 at any given time in my local Wally World, but it seems obvious this set will not be too tough to find for most collectors.

Reaction score
It's funny, I ordered another set @$39.99 this morning and it had already shipped by the time it went to $34.99. When talking to a customer service rep about a price adjustment they couldn't do it because of some WM policy. So instead, they processed a refund, the item will still arrive at the store, and then they said it will be sent back to their distribution center. I then went ahead and reordered it again at the lower price.

How hard would it have been to do a simple $5+tax price adjustment versus having to ship one item back while shipping another of the same item to the store?!? 😖

Reaction score
Again, this is hilarious & ironic. I.e., this Jabba's Palace set was something that people were clamoring over this past Spring, and some collectors (myself included) weren't sure this was ever going to be made available en masse @ retail. Now, it's not only a lot easier to find - but it's going on sale. Wow.

I've never seen more than 1-2 at any given time in my local Wally World, but it seems obvious this set will not be too tough to find for most collectors.
'member not to long ago when it was speculated that these wouldn't come back in stock after the first sell out. 'member? LOL!

Reaction score
Managed to score one of these at Walmart in the flesh. Skiff too. Great pieces. The fact we got a playset really came out of left field. The fact it's pretty screen accurate and collector oriented is even more shocking. But of course, this has my head spinning into what if territory. Why would they JUST do this? I saw an idea for a Dagobah one mentioned. That's just a must IMO. Include the cave and Yoda's hut, rocks to levitate, snakes, maybe even vines to swing from. I'd love a screen accurate Carbon Freezing Chamber. Heck, you could make it light-up! I'd say the cantina should be a shoo-in. At least booths and the bar, which could also give us some much needed updated Cantina aliens like the band. The Emperors Throne Room, the Ewok village, Echo base, Death Star rooms, Bespin rooms, so much potential here. I hope they continue to do more like this and it's not just a one and done sort of thing.

Reaction score
'member not to long ago when it was speculated that these wouldn't come back in stock after the first sell out. 'member? LOL!
We were assured by a frequenter of this thread that we needed to buy from the people (definitely not scalpers) who were fortunate enough to order 15 or more sets, otherwise we were never going to see them again.

Reaction score
My local Wal-Mart can't sell these. There have been 5 on the bottom shelf and 5 on the top shelf for weeks. Maybe now that they are $35 online they will start to sell.

img1.jpg

img2.jpg

Reaction score
These are back up to full price online - $49.67.
Still can't find these in stores out here and the order I placed for $35 earlier in the day just got cancelled....I guess there are more collectors out here than the rest of your parts...

Reaction score
Still can't find these in stores out here and the order I placed for $35 earlier in the day just got cancelled....I guess there are more collectors out here than the rest of your parts...
That happened to me once on a different toy. I thought I was getting a good deal, but the order was canceled. They told me it was a pricing errror.

Reaction score
I can't believe I got one of these for $35 online. I've never even seen one of these in store for full price. The store I got this from didn't even have it on display. Which means they are either only in the back warehouse at this store or they are displayed in an odd location.

Reaction score
Managed to score one of these at Walmart in the flesh. Skiff too. Great pieces. The fact we got a playset really came out of left field. The fact it's pretty screen accurate and collector oriented is even more shocking. But of course, this has my head spinning into what if territory. Why would they JUST do this? I saw an idea for a Dagobah one mentioned. That's just a must IMO. Include the cave and Yoda's hut, rocks to levitate, snakes, maybe even vines to swing from. I'd love a screen accurate Carbon Freezing Chamber. Heck, you could make it light-up! I'd say the cantina should be a shoo-in. At least booths and the bar, which could also give us some much needed updated Cantina aliens like the band. The Emperors Throne Room, the Ewok village, Echo base, Death Star rooms, Bespin rooms, so much potential here. I hope they continue to do more like this and it's not just a one and done sort of thing.
Agree 100% that it would be great to see more OT-specific playsets. However, to be honest I don't see this Jabba's Palace set as the first of many, for several reasons:

- For one thing, it's a fairly minimal set - yes, it looks great, but it's only a portion of Jabba's throne room wall. To really get a true Jabba's throne room set, we would need at least 7-8?! or more) other similar sets; maybe they could start including the floor with some sets - because the throne room isn't complete without the floor. However - even if they came out with a playset like this once a year, it would take 10 (or more) years to finish off just Jabba's palace. And, this is not even including the Rancor pit (though not sure how that would connect to the palace). Here's a nice 1983 model which is a great example of how a Jabba's Palace should look, though I don't ever see this happening for figures in the 3.75" scale:

-When it comes to additional OT playsets from other environments, there are definitely a plethora of others that Hasbro/Disney could release - i.e. Death Star, numerous Tattoine environments, Hoth, Cloud City, ANH Cantina, Ewok Village/Bunker, etc. The problem is that whenever Hasbro has done something like this in the modern line (1995-on), it ends up being half-@$$ed/sub-par. Examples include:

-The Sarlaac Pit (Target exclusive).
-The Lars Homestead (TRU exclusive)
-The Death Star corridor/DS escape small, cheap sets (1996)
-The Hoth environment (1997) - very small & cheap
-The Endor Bunker (1997) - also small & cheap

For Hasbro to really do a huge, elaborate playset with all of the trimmings, I expect it would have to be treated somewhat like the Sail barge, both in the way it's sold (kickstarter format?!/online-only) and about the same price ($500.00) - which would be way too expensive for most collectors including myself).

That being said - I would be all for smaller, less expensive playsets - as long as they weren't too small/minimal. I.e., something like the relatively recent BB-8 TLJ playset (with Snoke's throne room, etc.) would be cool - though I would be surprised if anything like this came out for the OT.

That also being said, I would rather see no new playsets at all - than see ones that were similar to the crap we got in the '90's & 200X's.

Reaction score
With the current state of Hasbro and the 3.75 line, I wouldn't expect to ever get a "complete" Jabba's Palace. If they retain the license, I could see them doing another section, but that's really it. I'm just happy this set exists, if nothing else, though another $50 companion piece would be great. I think its amazing that this set sold out multiple times and they had to produce more - it shows the demand and passion for the 3.75 scale. They may have produced a few too many now, but with the holidays, the shelves will likely be thinned out. The bonus though - if there is some remaining stock, collectors will be able to buy extras and customize other sections of the palace.

Reaction score
Agree 100% that it would be great to see more OT-specific playsets. However, to be honest I don't see this Jabba's Palace set as the first of many, for several reasons:

- For one thing, it's a fairly minimal set - yes, it looks great, but it's only a portion of Jabba's throne room wall. To really get a true Jabba's throne room set, we would need at least 7-8?! or more) other similar sets; maybe they could start including the floor with some sets - because the throne room isn't complete without the floor. However - even if they came out with a playset like this once a year, it would take 10 (or more) years to finish off just Jabba's palace. And, this is not even including the Rancor pit (though not sure how that would connect to the palace). Here's a nice 1983 model which is a great example of how a Jabba's Palace should look, though I don't ever see this happening for figures in the 3.75" scale:

-When it comes to additional OT playsets from other environments, there are definitely a plethora of others that Hasbro/Disney could release - i.e. Death Star, numerous Tattoine environments, Hoth, Cloud City, ANH Cantina, Ewok Village/Bunker, etc. The problem is that whenever Hasbro has done something like this in the modern line (1995-on), it ends up being half-@$$ed/sub-par. Examples include:

-The Sarlaac Pit (Target exclusive).
-The Lars Homestead (TRU exclusive)
-The Death Star corridor/DS escape small, cheap sets (1996)
-The Hoth environment (1997) - very small & cheap
-The Endor Bunker (1997) - also small & cheap

For Hasbro to really do a huge, elaborate playset with all of the trimmings, I expect it would have to be treated somewhat like the Sail barge, both in the way it's sold (kickstarter format?!/online-only) and about the same price ($500.00) - which would be way too expensive for most collectors including myself).

That being said - I would be all for smaller, less expensive playsets - as long as they weren't too small/minimal. I.e., something like the relatively recent BB-8 TLJ playset (with Snoke's throne room, etc.) would be cool - though I would be surprised if anything like this came out for the OT.

That also being said, I would rather see no new playsets at all - than see ones that were similar to the crap we got in the '90's & 200X's.
That is true. Calling it a playset really is rather generous, it's more like...set pieces or accessories than a sincere playset. It's funny you mention as just the other day, I was thinking that I hope they'd do sort of add on sets to basically "build" Jabba's Palace. I was thinking if they did a floor with the grate and a working trap door, you could do a rancor put to elevate the floor on top off so people can fall in. You could do the floor with a place to set Jabba's throne as well as the spit/fireplace behind him and the archway and back wall. Maybe even a Jawa with a fan all on top of the working opening and closing grate and trap door. Then release a rancor pit with opening door and maybe even a little pipe system to make the "fall" more screen accurate rather than a figure just "plop" falling in. The put it all on top of. Could even to a last set for the band. All these combined would be pretty epic. But well...the likelihood of this happening is well...pretty slim.

Reaction score
I think background is a better term than playset for Jabbas Palace. If I had to guess, whoever's concept this was at Hasbro had a mental picture of this on a shelf as a display piece rather than an actual "play" set.

There is a fine balance of enough and not too much to keep the price prudent. As stated, quality and detail trump size.

Now make a Dagobah set!

Reaction score
I picked it up, a second one, for $34. I want to expand my palace diorama but I would like to know if anyone has taken the taun-taun and jerba head off the wall? If so, then how?

Reaction score
I just hope future playsets will feature plastic bases and floors and be one unified piece instead of just boring walls. Yes, it works for Jabba's and yes I love mine, but playsets should be multiple environments or scenes within the same place. Kenner really had it right with the Dagobah playset back in the day, it's like a 4 in one set. Dark Side cave, Yoda's hut, Luke's training and levitation area, and the swampy bog that R2 can get "stuck" in. That's the kind of creativity and variety we need to see in future playsets. I'm all for realism, but include as much as you can WITHIN that realism. The Kenner Hoth sets were like this too, really cool plastic snow trenches, exploding Probe Droid, blast off parts, and the hanging area for Luke's feet to recreate the Wampa scene. Kenner got a little bit back into it in the 90s with the Death Star Detention Block, Escape set, and the Endor Bunker. Each of those were very small and very limited - would love to see Hasbro expand just a little more so that they really look the part. I have no doubt they could really nail it and do amazing work. So long as it's an OT playset (which we've been told it is) I will flip my lid in excitement when I see it. I remember how great it felt to FINALLY see a new playset, in the Vintage Collection nonetheless and IN STORES! This was like the 80s and 90s again...I actually was able to buy my Palace in the store. Felt amazing.

Reaction score
$34.99 on the website right now, for those of you holding out for a lower price.

Reaction score
Agree completely that this new Jabba's playset is more of a background "environment" than anything else. Actually calling it a playset is misleading, since - as cool as it looks - there's honestly not much to this.

I just hope future playsets will feature plastic bases and floors and be one unified piece instead of just boring walls. Yes, it works for Jabba's and yes I love mine, but playsets should be multiple environments or scenes within the same place. Kenner really had it right with the Dagobah playset back in the day, it's like a 4 in one set. Dark Side cave, Yoda's hut, Luke's training and levitation area, and the swampy bog that R2 can get "stuck" in. That's the kind of creativity and variety we need to see in future playsets. I'm all for realism, but include as much as you can WITHIN that realism. The Kenner Hoth sets were like this too, really cool plastic snow trenches, exploding Probe Droid, blast off parts, and the hanging area for Luke's feet to recreate the Wampa scene....
Yes, many of the Vintage late '70's/'80's SW playsets were, overall, great. Especially impressive were:

Imperial Attack Base (Hoth) - one of the best playsets ever made.
Probot & Rebel Turret playset (Hoth) - also fantastic
Ewok Village - excellent
Dagobah - clever design, which - as you said - was 4 different environments

However, not all of them were that impressive. Even as a kid at the time, I didn't like the cheap/sub-par elements like the cardboard backdrop for the creature cantina & the Sandcrawler cardboard backdrop on the Tattoine "playset".

As a kid & even more as an adult, I have really wanted Hasbro to pull out all the stops & make huge OT playsets that are improvements over the Vintage ones, i.e. no cardboard backdrops, large enough that there is "playability", etc. The Sail Barge was obviously awesome (didn't get this due to the price/size, but am glad it was made) - but, I consider this more of a huge vehicle than a playset.

Unfortunately, I don't see that Hasbro/Disney will ever release substantial, new OT playsets because they may not sell @ retail. I.e., I'm thinking a really big (but not huge) set with all the trimmings would be roughly $100 - $150 retail. And, in either the late '90's/early 200X's I remember reading that Hasbro was not focusing on playsets because of the expense - i.e., either the cost of making them was too high, and/or the retail cost would've been too high - and they didn't think the sets would sell as a result.

That being said, the superb Sail Barge selling well is a good indication that there are collectors who are willing to fork over their hard-earned cash if the product is substantial & iconic enough.

It's very telling that the only "playsets" we've gotten in the past several years have been associated with the new films, i.e. the BB-8 "head" playset for TLJ, and the more recent SW: A Solo story cardboard backdrop playsets. I don't think these sold that well, either.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am loving this...My store had 4 last week. Now they got another 4-5 in according to BS...at this rate, I might be able to get it for 20 as I had planned. I dont really need the set but the background, I can use for my other collections.

Reaction score
I placed an order for 2 at the 34.99 price on Cybermonday and today got cancellation email for my order - anyone else seeing this? I could place another order but I get the feeling it will get cancelled again- this has been the 4th time I've ordered online.

Reaction score
Agree completely that this new Jabba's playset is more of a background "environment" than anything else. Actually calling it a playset is misleading, since - as cool as it looks - there's honestly not much to this.

Yes, many of the Vintage late '70's/'80's SW playsets were, overall, great. Especially impressive were:

Imperial Attack Base (Hoth) - one of the best playsets ever made.
Probot & Rebel Turret playset (Hoth) - also fantastic
Ewok Village - excellent
Dagobah - clever design, which - as you said - was 4 different environments

However, not all of them were that impressive. Even as a kid at the time, I didn't like the cheap/sub-par elements like the cardboard backdrop for the creature cantina & the Sandcrawler cardboard backdrop on the Tattoine "playset".

As a kid & even more as an adult, I have really wanted Hasbro to pull out all the stops & make huge OT playsets that are improvements over the Vintage ones, i.e. no cardboard backdrops, large enough that there is "playability", etc. The Sail Barge was obviously awesome (didn't get this due to the price/size, but am glad it was made) - but, I consider this more of a huge vehicle than a playset.

Unfortunately, I don't see that Hasbro/Disney will ever release substantial, new OT playsets because they may not sell @ retail. I.e., I'm thinking a really big (but not huge) set with all the trimmings would be roughly $100 - $150 retail. And, in either the late '90's/early 200X's I remember reading that Hasbro was not focusing on playsets because of the expense - i.e., either the cost of making them was too high, and/or the retail cost would've been too high - and they didn't think the sets would sell as a result.

That being said, the superb Sail Barge selling well is a good indication that there are collectors who are willing to fork over their hard-earned cash if the product is substantial & iconic enough.

It's very telling that the only "playsets" we've gotten in the past several years have been associated with the new films, i.e. the BB-8 "head" playset for TLJ, and the more recent SW: A Solo story cardboard backdrop playsets. I don't think these sold that well, either.
I agree, that's why I left those cardboard ones off my list. I guess back in the day they were pretty cool, coming with 3 figures in baggies I believe and at least providing kids without the ability to buy a walker or sand crawler a semblance of one. Kenner was cool to do a lower priced batch, but like you said, I've been waiting decades for Hasbro to finally do a playset the right way with full realism, like the original Ewok Village. The Mustafar and Geonosis playsets were close, but a bit underwhelming in size and features. I just imagine an awesome Hoth Trench set today and what it could look like with the absurd detail that Hasbro can dish out, not to mention some fun exploding features and maybe even a place in the snow for the turrets that we already own from the Legacy era sets. They may have even done a TVC style battle back with the Satellite looking turret. I know I bought it. I'd personally love to see a fully-fledged Echo Base command complete with a small hangar area, mission control with consoles, med bay with bacta tank and a cave area attache for the Wampa. I know the Wampa scene takes place much further away, but it would be a very cool inclusion. Could have an ION cannon on the side and a shield generator that blows up as well. It would essentially be like a huge version of the Kenner Mini Hoth World from back in the day. That to me is the dream kind of playset. Ditto for a Death Star. Ditto for a Bespin. Ditto for an Ewok Village. These are all prime candidates that I hope get made.

As to your point about the cost - I think Hasbro could get much smarter than they've shown so far (Cookie Monster!?) and use HasLab as the avenue to get these epic playsets out. They have no idea how crazy collectors would go for these things. It's the way to keep us on the line. We all know the TVC line doesn't have many OT figures to finish up with, but playsets are the key to keeping longtime collectors investing in new product. We have hundreds of figures. We have dozens of great vehicles. We have beasts. We have speeders. What is the ONE thing that most die-hards don't have? ENVIRONMENTS TO PLACE ALL OF THIS GREAT STUFF IN! I still can't figure out how Hasbro hasn't landed on this simple notion. It's just good business. They have nothing to lose if they use HasLab.

Reaction score
People who paid $100 on Ebay have to be excited.
Just proves some people can be sensible and wait rather than need to have it immediately. I still paid regular retail for it - any OT playset Hasbro puts out I can pretty much guarantee I'll buy it for whatever the retail price is, because I want to support the manufacturing of playsets (a rarity the past 2 decades) with my dollar. But I'll never give in to those absurd eBay twits hosing people for hundreds of dollars just to have it first. No thanks. I'm glad this has come down in price because I really think it's a set every fan can enjoy.

Reaction score
I know there's been a lot of kicking given to the people who were advocating for going to scalpers/eBay when these were hard to find in the spring. But...yeah, that stance did not age well.

I'm feeling some pangs since I bought it at full retail and it's still unopened in my garage (still haven't gotten all the display shelves set up in the new house). Still, I grabbed it the first time I saw it in person on the shelf...it was a good feeling. I'll tell myself it was worth the extra $20 for that.

Reaction score
At $40 I just might buy a few for the eventual OOP and it's popular again in 5 years. If I sold off all my TVC from the last run, I'd be sitting pretty!

It really has to do with location, I still haven't see this in person at any Walmart.

Reaction score
Yes, some of these "collectors" actually bragged on this very board about getting multiples of this set for the purpose of selling them for twice the cost (or more). Now, that these sets are easy to find no one will need to get these on the secondary market. Hopefully some of these scalpers have some sets left over they weren't able to sell. If so, the joke's on you - suckers.