Jabba's Palace Adventure Set w/Han (Carbonite) & Ree-Yees

Reaction score
I think it's a good sign. As long as those same 6 sets aren't still on the shelves after Xmas then it is a good thing. I'm glad people are finally getting a fair chance to get it in stores now.
Exactly - always nice to see lots of people getting a chance at the best stuff. This truly is a gem, I hope everyone who wants one is picking it up!

Reaction score
I wish I could pick this up but I just sold all my OT toys. If I get this I will have to go back and get them all and that would be an expensive affair!

Reaction score
Sadly there has been more than a few issues with this company. I had two VC Hovertank pilots on order with them for what felt like an eternity, I e-mailed them and got told they would be in stock at the end of the month, this came and went. I went into their Facebook page to see they had a photo of their stand at a comic con in the UK, what do I see in plentiful supply? The Hovertank pilot! To say I was unimpressed was an understatement. After being fobbed off yet again, I demanded my money back and vowed never to use again! I would suggest you do likewise.
Be very, very careful when dealing with Darksidetoys. I took a huge gamble and ordered the Barge from them and everything was perfect, very smooth deal, no complains, but my cousin also ordered it and after months and months of excuses he had to file a formal complaint to get his money back. They told him that his barge came damaged and were trying to get a replacement from Hasbro, every time he asked for an update it took them more than a week to reply, then nothing until he filed the complaint. The problem with their story is that they didn't send him the booklet either when mine was sent months before the Barge was released so even if it's true that his Barge was damaged that shouldn't have affected his booklet... I would never buy from them again, that's for sure.

English is not my first language so if there's anything you don't understand please let me know about it (sorry!).

Cheers,

Reaction score
As an opener, I tend not to appreciate the packaging anywhere near the level of carded / boxed collectors, but I gotta say, this set is a gem. I actually want to display the box as much as the playset. I think the design and color pattern are true to Kenner, and make for a near perfect slice of nostalgia. I remember the Kenner Jabba's Palace set being one of my absolute favorite pieces as a kid, and this playset brings back those same feelings. I love seeing shelves stocked with these in photographs, I hope they sell out during the holidays - no collection should be without this set!

Reaction score
Finally!!!! I found two this morning at a Walmart I drive by when driving to our corporate HQ every few weeks. So happy I got my hands on one. Was very disappointed when my original Walmart.com preorder was canceled. So bizarre.

Looking forward to setting this up.

Reaction score
I've dealt with dorkside many times over the years with no issues; but the barge was not a standard type order.
Anyone ordered this from Darkside Toys in the UK? My PO is still unfulfilled and I can't seem to get an update from them.
Just wanted to clarify that it looks like the questions (and warnings) are about a UK site called Darkside, not the US-based Dorkside, who I think a lot of people on here have had good experiences with.

Reaction score
Just wanted to clarify that it looks like the questions (and warnings) are about a UK site called Darkside, not the US-based Dorkside, who I think a lot of people on here have had good experiences with.
And it looks like Darkside is being wound down...Anyone with outstanding orders please make attempts at getting your monies back.

Reaction score
And it looks like Darkside is being wound down...Anyone with outstanding orders please make attempts at getting your monies back.
I've been trying to get a response from these guys for close to 2 months. I sent them a final e-mail last week. If I don't hear back by Friday I'm going to call my credit card company. I've given them more than enough time.

Reaction score
Had one order fullfilled earlier this year but only partially (took them 6 month to get the POed stuff). Carefully packed and mint items. Only missing TVC Death Trooper and Imperial Tank Driver but i knew then both were hard to come by.

Then, in march i put a 10% deposit for a couple TVC waves. Communication was still good with them back in october and i felt confident they would come thru and deliver. Starting to think i'm not gonna see that stuff nor the £80 linked to pending figures.

Having used Paypal, i imagine i can only save the £75 linked to my latest order from early october.

Reaction score
Thanks for the warning. Where did you get this intel from?
This is taken from the 'Europe' forum further down the main page, it contains its own thread dedicated to Darkside toys, which can be viewed here:https://forum.rebelscum.com/threads/dark-side-toys.1142750/

The following quote is provided by forumer 'Bobashand':

"There's a massive thread on the echo modern Facebook group on DST and people have posted information from companies house suggesting they have started the process to wind down the company."

As someone who has been stung by this company, though not to the degree of some other unfortunate forumers, get your money reimbursed however you can.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Two stores near me have the Skiff, but one got this playset instead. It's tempting, if a bit pricey. Does anyone know if the trophy animal heads are removable? That would add some flexibility to the piece.

Reaction score
Two stores near me have the Skiff, but one got this playset instead. It's tempting, if a bit pricey. Does anyone know if the trophy animal heads are removable? That would add some flexibility to the piece.
I know a lot of people consider this "pricey", but I don't understand why. Two figures at retail are $13.00 each. That leaves $24.00 for the playset and the packaging. Doesn't seem to unreasonable to me. To answer your question about the heads, no. They are not easily removable.

Reaction score
I know a lot of people consider this "pricey", but I don't understand why. Two figures at retail are $13.00 each. That leaves $24.00 for the playset and the packaging. Doesn't seem to unreasonable to me. To answer your question about the heads, no. They are not easily removable.
I agree there seems alot of people who come on here thinking they are some marketing geniuses who think they know more about pricing a toy than others.

Reaction score
I think $50 for a playset and a couple figures is a good price. I feel those that might be hesitant, could be directing that toward the figure choices. Were they new, retooled, etc, I think some would feel its a better value. I was disappointed that Han didn't have the photo real tech, considering we were told the human figures would, but he's essential to the set. Ree Yees, while one of my favorite aliens, could have been something new or at least retooled, to drive interest in having a new character in the pack, especially since they came carded.

PS: My Ree Yees is for trade if someone needs it, but wasnt planning on buying the whole set.

Reaction score
I'm with you guys, it calculates out to a fair price. There's just this mental flag where $50 seems so much more than $40. It's worth it, and I'd probably buy 4 new VC figures if they had them, which is about $50. I really think modular playsets are a great way to get a scene put together, and hopefully this approach works for Hasbro too.

Reaction score
I think $50 for a playset and a couple figures is a good price. I feel those that might be hesitant, could be directing that toward the figure choices. Were they new, retooled, etc, I think some would feel its a better value. I was disappointed that Han didn't have the photo real tech, considering we were told the human figures would, but he's essential to the set. Ree Yees, while one of my favorite aliens, could have been something new or at least retooled, to drive interest in having a new character in the pack, especially since they came carded.
I don't think the set is overpriced for what you're getting, but I'm not thrilled that the 2 figures that come with the set are obviously in place of having a more substantial set. I.e., without the figures they could have included more of the wall, the floor, etc.

That being said, if these two figures were more interesting (i.e., non-re-resculpts) they would be more forgivable.

Reaction score
Who else thinks these will be price-reduced by the end of January. My stores are drowning in them.

Reaction score
Finally saw one of these in store. It is such a cool set that it was somewhat difficult for me to avoid caving in on a second. If the figures weren't repacks I probably would have picked it up.

Reaction score

PS: My Ree Yees is for trade if someone needs it, but wasnt planning on buying the whole set.

These are some of the hardest to get figures too - though I'm only talking about my own experience.

Reaction score
With Black Friday coming up, these might get snapped up. I'd say to anyone on the fence about getting a set, and they can find them in their store(s), pick it up soon!

Reaction score
Absolutely. Seems like they were over-produced in response to the high demand and lack of availability earlier in the year.
Agreed. But it seems like the typical knee-jerk reaction. While I totally feel they didn't make enough the first go round, they probably made too many the second time due to production reasons/costs. Time will tell. But if we're able to get an extra set at half price for fodder, it ain't all bad.

Reaction score
Absolutely. Seems like they were over-produced in response to the high demand and lack of availability earlier in the year.
Even if they were over produced for the second run, I still have not seen these at any of my area stores. The furthest store showed one in stock on Force Friday, but I don't think it ever made it to the floor before being purchased.

Reaction score
I've only actually "seen" a single one once a few weeks ago. Since then it seems only a random WM will show "limited stock" occasionally. Out of curiosity I checked Brickseek tonight and my nearest WM shows these at 50% off ($25). If they ever get one in at that price I'd surely try and grab it.