Jabba's Palace Adventure Set w/Han (Carbonite) & Ree-Yees

Reaction score
I did see a couple of these the other day. That and the Skiff. It seems the things really flying off the pegs are the action figures. My guess is the higher priced items tend to hang around a bit longer. I think as the holidays approach everything will sell out.

Reaction score
it boggles my head that the new skiff is cheaper 30ish bucks while the Jabba's palace playset is higher 40ish bucks and yes I know you get two figures from the jabba's palace playset thing, but its just a little weird that a big skiff boat thing is 10 bucks cheaper than the other thing

Reaction score
What is it then? Pleas share. Perhaps as a community we can come together and solve this dilemma of yours.
Or, perhaps, some members of this community could simply refrain from taking jabs at other members of the community simply because they were pleasantly surprised at the stock of a typically dismal store. That would solve dilemmas in a hurry.

Reaction score
it boggles my head that the new skiff is cheaper 30ish bucks while the Jabba's palace playset is higher 40ish bucks and yes I know you get two figures from the jabba's palace playset thing, but its just a little weird that a big skiff boat thing is 10 bucks cheaper than the other thing
Yes, this Jabba's Palace set is way overpriced @ $50. I.e., it's just a facade & two figures. The box didn't need to be nearly as big as it was; it adds 'perceived' value to the set, which is obviously deceiving. I'd say $40 would have been a lot more reasonable, and $35 even better.

That being said, if I see it @ that $50 @ Wally World, I'll snatch it up in a New York Minute - LOL. However, I still haven't seen these @ retail. And I'm definitely not paying online prices, which are upwards of $100 - or more. Screw that.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Or, perhaps, some members of this community could simply refrain from taking jabs at other members of the community simply because they were pleasantly surprised at the stock of a typically dismal store. That would solve dilemmas in a hurry.
Huh? If you have issues with stock then contact the store. I’m only contacting you because you initially replied to me. I thought you required help.

Reaction score
Huh? If you have issues with stock then contact the store. I’m only contacting you because you initially replied to me. I thought you required help.
No, I have issue with your smarmy, provoking comment; as anyone can see if they read back; as you well know. How did you put it? Something about is it 2005 or 2010? Rude, pointless and dull; really. But I suppose that may be typical behavior for you?

Reaction score
Hope to land this set near Christmas. Have checked all the Walmart's near me but no luck.

Reaction score
No, I have issue with your smarmy, provoking comment; as anyone can see if they read back; as you well know. How did you put it? Something about is it 2005 or 2010? Rude, pointless and dull; really. But I suppose that may be typical behavior for you?
What is your major malfunction soldier?

You stated something about distribution and I merely commentated whether it was 2005 (good distribution and plenty of choice) or 2010 (the beginning of distribution issues).

Reaction score
What is your major malfunction soldier?

You stated something about distribution and I merely commentated whether it was 2005 (good distribution and plenty of choice) or 2010 (the beginning of distribution issues).
Well, if that's the case, and you're being sincere in that; then I muddled the translation and thought you were being confrontational and obtuse for the sport of it. In that case; my fullest apologies.

Reaction score
Well, if that's the case, and you're being sincere in that; then I muddled the translation and thought you were being confrontational and obtuse for the sport of it. In that case; my fullest apologies.
No, I think you read it right, he just cleverly and carefully chooses his words so when called out he can easily back into the hole he crawled out of. It's a tired act, trolling at its finest. It's been going on for weeks. I'm not sure if someone took over his name because I remember Waggy from years past and can never remember this kind of behavior.

Ty

Reaction score
There's too much bickering here these days. I've been a member of these forums since their inception and I've never seen it so bad. Just talk about the toys for crying out loud. I'm occasionally highly critical of the situation and welcome a critical viewpoint from time to time but people trading insults all the time is really not very enjoyable and brings the whole place DOWN. I'm not specifically talking about this thread but many of them.

I have a few of this Ree Yees and unfortunately it suffers from a couple proportion issues, he should be a little bit shorter (legs and arms) and his head should be about 10% bigger. They usually nail it with figures but missed the mark a bit with him. Same reason I hope they'll revisit Ellorrs Madak some day, and finally give us his buddy who goes by a bunch of different names but who I still call Baniss Keeg.

Reactions: Yak
Reaction score
There's too much bickering here these days. I've been a member of these forums since their inception and I've never seen it so bad. Just talk about the toys for crying out loud. I'm occasionally highly critical of the situation and welcome a critical viewpoint from time to time but people trading insults all the time is really not very enjoyable and brings the whole place DOWN. I'm not specifically talking about this thread but many of them.

I have a few of this Ree Yees and unfortunately it suffers from a couple proportion issues, he should be a little bit shorter (legs and arms) and his head should be about 10% bigger. They usually nail it with figures but missed the mark a bit with him. Same reason I hope they'll revisit Ellorrs Madak some day, and finally give us his buddy who goes by a bunch of different names but who I still call Baniss Keeg.
Your avatar reminded me that we REALLy need a new Tessek figure. I was hoping they'd announce the second half of the Jabba playset sometime soon and that he'd be one of the carded figures, along with Bib Fortuna (though I really think Bib would sell all on his own).

Ty

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more! :grin: I love the POTJ one but he's overdue for a redo - just imagine how incredible it could be. Bib too, again, I actually like the SAGA one but I know a lot of people really don't like his expression, so yeah, I certainly wouldn't say no!

Reaction score
Was lucky to snag the last set today. Dinged corner but I got it anyway and can’t wait to display

Reaction score
I’m just waiting for an updated Amanaman. Such a cool looking creature honestly. Plus he was from the vintage line anyways.

Reaction score
I’m kinda okay with Tessek, who has been holding his own as a POTF2 figure for decades! But he may finally be turning obsolete. The POTF2 Amanaman is also still oddly okay, although he lacks articulation. The 2008-2009 Comic Pack Amanin is a GREAT figure, but doesn’t quite look like Amanaman. Still, I’m pretty okay with it. I’m actually okay with Bib, too.

I certainly wouldn’t complain about redos, but I’d rather have newness. The human palace and skiff guys would be great. I do agree that we need Baniss Keeg, which would imply a new Ellors Madak (so that they would match). The POTJ Ellors is in my all-time Top 10, but perhaps would be even better newly-sculpted with articulation.

Reaction score
Amanaman is one of the few older PotF2/PotJ era figures that I honestly do not think could be that much improved upon. The '01 figure's sculpt and paint deco are still pretty good and his articulation is actually adequate for the character. Of course I would buy a new one, but he is probably last on my list of OT figures Hasbro needs to redo from the POTF2/POTJ era. The comic pack figure looks nothing like the film version of Amanaman, so I don't even consider that one to be Amanaman.

Tessek is a wonderful PotJ figure, but he is starting to show his age and still lacks decent articulation. I think this guy would easily be my most wanted out the three aliens we are talking about -- Bib, Tessek and Amanaman. I keep thinking I should do a custom since we still haven't gotten a new one. Though I think we may see Hasbro finally do a new SA Tessek for the VC in the next 2-3 years. As far as RotJ re-sculpts, he is overdue for a redo now, along with EV, 8D8, Mothma, Ewok Leia, the Rebo Band and Barada.

The Saga Bib is still a great figure, but my biggest beef with that Bib was that he was just waaaaay too short (the actor who played him was 6'4", so Bib was near Vader height with his giant cranium) and probably would have benefited from some soft goods. I never had a problem with his face sculpt like others did though. I imagine he'd be pretty amazing if he were completely redone by Hasbro for the VC. Him and Tessek are both glaring holes from the original 92 and both HAVE to be on their radar for a redo at some point.

Reaction score
Found 2 of these at a Wal-Mart yesterday. Both boxes were crushed but I was happy just to get one at a decent price.

Reaction score
No need to apologise mate.

Ive been an off and in collector and been along the bumpy roads too.

Reaction score
No, I think you read it right, he just cleverly and carefully chooses his words so when called out he can easily back into the hole he crawled out of. It's a tired act, trolling at its finest. It's been going on for weeks. I'm not sure if someone took over his name because I remember Waggy from years past and can never remember this kind of behavior.
My goodness what trolling are you talking about?

Im still the same person. Seriously, just because I call out toxic fandom a few times I get this reception. Chill out and stop getting paranoid. Is the Rey avatar bothering you? I just want to have a conversation with people about TOYS and occasionally social commentary when I see fit. People too wound up.

Reaction score
these sets are all over. found numerous stores with at least 10 pieces each. 5 cases. have been sitting for a few days.

Reaction score
these sets are all over. found numerous stores with at least 10 pieces each. 5 cases. have been sitting for a few days.

None found out here in California- no store within 100 miles at least. Apparently Walmart figured since we ain't got power we don't need to be out buying these.

Reaction score
None found out here in California- no store within 100 miles at least. Apparently Walmart figured since we ain't got power we don't need to be out buying these.

Hahahaha That power situation is ridiculous. In the recent wildfires down here this week many people had no power and had no idea there were fires right by their houses. But I digress, I was able to order mine from the WM store in Burbank and get it delivered to my doorstep the very next day in Northridge. So not sure how many made it here into CA. but they have been popping up in CA stores. At least at some point they did. I think San Diego also got some back when this first hit retail. Are you in Central or Northern California? Maybe the supply is different up there than it is down here in Southern CA?

Reaction score
Amanaman is one of the few older PotF2/PotJ era figures that I honestly do not think could be that much improved upon. The '01 figure's sculpt and paint deco are still pretty good and his articulation is actually adequate for the character. Of course I would buy a new one, but he is probably last on my list of OT figures Hasbro needs to redo from the POTF2/POTJ era. The comic pack figure looks nothing like the film version of Amanaman, so I don't even consider that one to be Amanaman.

Tessek is a wonderful PotJ figure, but he is starting to show his age and still lacks decent articulation. I think this guy would easily be my most wanted out the three aliens we are talking about -- Bib, Tessek and Amanaman. I keep thinking I should do a custom since we still haven't gotten a new one. Though I think we may see Hasbro finally do a new SA Tessek for the VC in the next 2-3 years. As far as RotJ re-sculpts, he is overdue for a redo now, along with EV, 8D8, Mothma, Ewok Leia, the Rebo Band and Barada.

The Saga Bib is still a great figure, but my biggest beef with that Bib was that he was just waaaaay too short (the actor who played him was 6'4", so Bib was near Vader height with his giant cranium) and probably would have benefited from some soft goods. I never had a problem with his face sculpt like others did though. I imagine he'd be pretty amazing if he were completely redone by Hasbro for the VC. Him and Tessek are both glaring holes from the original 92 and both HAVE to be on their radar for a redo at some point.
Agree with all of the above:

Re: Amanaman, I have both the POTF '85 version (very HTF), and the 2001 POTJ version. The POTJ version is arguably one of the best SW figures ever made, and I honestly don't think it can be improved upon either. Fantastic sculpt, and the staff is also stellar. I especially remember getting this version @ TRU in early 2001, and being glad to find him. IIRC, it was somewhat HTF as well.

The Tessek POTJ figure is excellent, as is the original '83 Vintage version. I like the nice cloth goods/cape on the Vintage version, which is missing on the POTJ version. If Hasbro could combine both versions (great sculpt with cloth goods) with some better articulation, I think they could make the perfect version.

Also really like the Saga Bib Fortuna, but agree this can be improved upon as well.

Reaction score
To add to the California discussion: I found a couple at the Wal-Mart in Rosemead the Wednesday (I think) after TFF -- there were two out, along with two or three skiffs. While they are likely gone now, there were some around. Hopefully they get replenished if they were snapped up relatively quickly.

Reaction score
Towards the end of POTF2 and then into POTJ they really stepped up their game. I have absolutely no problem with the POTJ Tessek figure. He does everything I need him to do. Of course I'm also one of those people who still appreciates the POTF2 Yak-Face figure. Yes, he's been outdone now with TVC version but he lasted a long time and I never really felt like I NEEDED an update on him.

Reaction score
Towards the end of POTF2 and then into POTJ they really stepped up their game. I have absolutely no problem with the POTJ Tessek figure. He does everything I need him to do.
The Power of the Jedi figures are the most underrated of all the modern SW lines. It only lasted for a relatively short time, i.e. about 1/2 years - if that (late 2000?! - early 2002), but it produced a lot of truly superb figures, i.e. Schmi Skywalker, Jek Porkins, Tessek, SW Holiday Special Zutton/Snaggletooth, Amanaman, etc. Many of these waves were very HTF due to low production #'s. IIRC, Hasbro had severely over-producted the EP1 line (1999 - early 2000), and so this line suffered as a result.

Also, add this to the fact that a lot of stores (TRU, Kay-bee) were blowing out a lot of the POTF2 figures/vehicles at the time for great sale prices - so these POTJ figures were even tougher to find than they normally would have been.

I clearly remember paying more expensive after-market prices (at local comic book stores) for several of these POTJ figures - since I never saw them in stores.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yak
Reaction score
I think the only major palace aliens that have never been made before are Wam Lufba and Cane Adiss. Other than that it’s mostly smaller creatures (Wortt, Rock Wart, Loje Nella, Sic Six, etc. which could easily work as a pack), various humans, and repurposed aliens (Ugnaughts, Snivians, Rodians, Jawas, etc).
https://www.banthaskull.com/miaf/list/jabbas_palace_sail_barge_passengers

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think the only major palace aliens that have never been made before are Wam Lufba and Cane Adiss. Other than that it’s mostly smaller creatures (Wortt, Rock Wart, Loje Nella, Sic Six, etc. which could easily work as a pack), various humans, and repurposed aliens (Ugnaughts, Snivians, Rodians, Jawas, etc).
https://www.banthaskull.com/miaf/list/jabbas_palace_sail_barge_passengers

While the same alien was done in the PotF2 line, Shasa Tiel has still never been done before. Hope Shasa debuts in the VC in the next 3 years!

Reaction score
The Power of the Jedi figures are the most underrated of all the modern SW lines. It only lasted for a relatively short time, i.e. about 1/2 years - if that (late 2000?! - early 2002), but it produced a lot of truly superb figures - many of which have never been re-done (Schmi Skywalker, Jek Porkins, Tessek, SW Holiday Special Zutton/Snaggletooth, Amanaman, etc.). Many of these waves were very HTF due to low production #'s. IIRC, Hasbro had severely over-producted the EP1 line (1999 - early 2000), and so this line suffered as a result.

Also, add this to the fact that a lot of stores (TRU, Kay-bee) were blowing out a lot of the POTF2 figures/vehicles at the time for great sale prices - so these POTJ figures were even tougher to find than they normally would have been.

I clearly remember paying more expensive after-market prices (at local comic book stores) for several of these POTJ figures - since I never saw them in stores.
I agree, however Porkins was re-done.
http://www.rebelscum.com/Yavin-Pilot-Pack-2012-Movie-Heroes-Multipack.asp

Reaction score
I still think that POTJ Bespin Lando head goes toe to toe (head to head?) with any Lando produced since then. Had that figure been mad with neutral arms and neutral legs he'd probably be the default Lando for a lot of people. That cape was amazing compared to the VOTC Lando.

POTJ was really a special run.

Reaction score
That's a darn shame - you must be in a kind of Star Wars devoid area - meaning not many collectors around to scoop them up. Did you get yours already?

Reaction score
Its great that they are so easy to find for some - but that does nothing for the rest of us that haven't seen them once locally - or online. Hell, the closest WM from me doesn't even have TVC figures! Weeks after TFF and I've seen no evidence of them being stocked. Same goes for that Retro Vader Prototype - I've never seen it once online or locally.

Reaction score
Just gonna throw this out there...... Anyone interested in a set without the figures? I realize the figures are probably the biggest draw for the set, but someone out there might want another set of walls. Maybe?

Reaction score
Yeah the POTJ Porkins is way better - the updated version is actually Steve Sansweet. The TVC line could use a dash of that great character diversity to come out of lines like POTJ. I wish this set featured a retooled alien, even something simple would go a long way, though Ree Yees remains one of my favorite OT aliens, but this version was lacking with that headsculpt.

Reaction score
Is this set really that hard to find now a days? I went to two Walmarts just to scope out if any restocks of TVC figures were sent way down south (Central TX here). No luck there but damned if I didn't see piles of this playset sitting atop one another. I go to JTA and they're saying to order online soon to hopefully get it for the holidays.

I can literally go out and buy up all the sets right now and ship them out to everyone whom wants/needs them and just charge for the toy with tax, shipping and a little tip for time, effort and gas used to gather and send out everything to everyone; yet everyone and there kids seemingly put this set on a pedestal with a mythical sense of awe to have it in hand. I suppose I was one of the few lucky ones who got an order literally the second time they went up on Walmart.com, risking using my paypal account on my phone, which I am still skidish to this day. The playset is connected to the 3-D Diorama with the same hollowed husk of a carbonite block that came with it when I purchased it 20 some odd years ago, just collecting dust on my display shelf like the Cantina I have on display, jam packed with every single weird aliens, goons, bounty hunters, crime lords and musicians made for each set.

In closing, I hope they make more of these big plastic sets that connect to each other. A fools dream.
My offer still stands. I have one individual from California so far. Anyone else?