Jabba's Palace Adventure Set w/Han (Carbonite) & Ree-Yees

Reaction score
So, I hope this means we could see something like this for the Cantina.
Oh, yeah, I'd love to see stuff like this from the cantina. This piece is great and it's exactly the type of thing we've been asking Hasbro to do for a long time now. Glad to see this. I might buy a couple so I can ise the walls for another part of the Palace or something else. Glad to see Hasbro throw in 2 carded figures for those hoping to get the original 92 on new TVC cards.
O

Reaction score
means it won't be stocked for months and then put on clearance or it ends up being somebody else's exclusive in 8 months.
Or not even show up at all in stores and destined to be constantly sold out online.

Reaction score
I gave up a long time ago on trying to find any of these new items at retail. Complete waste of time and gas so I order everything that interests me. The slightly higher cost is no big deal considering the fuel that I would spend as well as my wasted time. Work smarter not harder! Pre order your toys!

Reaction score
But, when it's always sold out online what is a collector to do. At least we're only wasting time now and not gas. I guess were making progress in 2019. LOL!

Reaction score
I'm really hoping they continue with stuff like this. A Tantive IV hallways with doors and stuff would be ideal for me.

Reaction score
This set was an incredibly welcome surprise! And I'm wondering now if it's going to look good or ridiculous next to my POTF2 Jabba's Palace pop-up playset.

Reissuing Ree Yees with this set is a little bit of a head scratcher to me. But then I guess it's been about 4 or 5 years since that figure was in circulation. As for reissuing this Han Solo? The carbonite block is the piece this set was intended to be built around. As for Han himself? I hope this reissue benefits from the new facial printing deco technique, because the one I got in the original 3.75" Black Series had paint apps that were NOT good.

Reaction score
I'd love to see this idea expanded - they should do a Death Star throne room next with a SA Emperor and Imperial Dignitary Sim Aloo, and they'd be knocking out the other top OT characters that ranked highly on the Fans Choice Poll.

Reaction score
I'd love to see this idea expanded - they should do a Death Star throne room next with a SA Emperor and Imperial Dignitary Sim Aloo, and they'd be knocking out the other top OT characters that ranked highly on the Fans Choice Poll.
With you there; 100%. That would be an awesome set! For future Jabba playsets, I'd love to see some figures of guys we haven't had previously; like the Ishi Tib for example.

Reaction score
Why couldn't things I REALLY want like this and the G1 reissue Transformers be Target exclusives rather ****ing Walmart?

Target is pretty reliable as far as receiving and getting their exclusives to the floor in fairly good numbers.

Plus, everything is easy to track with DPCI codes.

Reaction score
I know about them, but I SUCK at putting their stuff together. My Cantina bar is all over the place and I totally screwed up one of my red DS consoles.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ya know, you're really starting to put a hurting on my wallet with all these ideas. Especially if they come to fruition!
:grin:

Reaction score
who thinks that if/when they do a couple more pieces to make or complete Jabbas palace, that they do a cantina?

Reaction score
If they do another/more set(s), I bet they card and package Bib Fortuna and Tessek or 8D8 and EV-9D9... probably retooled. Looks like Hasbro learned from the special carded yakface pack in. Now they are packing in Han carbonite and Ree Yees, figures from the original vintage days. Who, from the throneroom, is left to be carded? 8D8, EV-9D9, Bib, Tessek. Amanaman could come on POTF card with another Haslab project if its Jabba related.

Reaction score
Yes yes yes! But the problem is that it will take YEARS to get these modular sets made. We will have to wait like 18 months to get a second announcement of the second piece of this set (you have to wait forever just to buy THIS one).

The truth is (whisper it, or risk a backlash), this set is actually kind of weak on its own. It's a few doorways without a floor. The niche for the carbonite block is cool, as are the beast head busts. But where do you put Jabba and the rest of the twenty characters who need to be there, including the band? Where's the throne? Where's the curved stairs?

It's basically just a backdrop to pose one or two things. Now, don't get me wrong--I mightily approve. But we need more for a "playset" to allow you to play much. I hope it's modular. If it's not, it's a pass for me. If it is, then it's a slow burn over the rest of the next decade.

What I'm saying is this: Hasbro, if you want to do a cantina, then just freaking do a cantina; don't give us one booth and table. Do a full Haslab cantina. If you want to do a Jabba's Palace playset, then give us Jabba's Palace--not just one side wall of it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes yes yes! But the problem is that it will take YEARS to get these modular sets made. We will have to wait like 18 months to get a second announcement of the second piece of this set (you have to wait forever just to buy THIS one).

The truth is (whisper it, or risk a backlash), this set is actually kind of weak on its own. It's a few doorways without a floor. The niche for the carbonite block is cool, as are the beast head busts. But where do you put Jabba and the rest of the twenty characters who need to be there, including the band? Where's the throne? Where's the curved stairs?

It's basically just a backdrop to pose one or two things. Now, don't get me wrong--I mightily approve. But we need more for a "playset" to allow you to play much. I hope it's modular. If it's not, it's a pass for me. If it is, then it's a slow burn over the rest of the next decade.

What I'm saying is this: Hasbro, if you want to do a cantina, then just freaking do a cantina; don't give us one booth and table. Do a full Haslab cantina. If you want to do a Jabba's Palace playset, then give us Jabba's Palace--not just one side wall of it.
They can improve. They have been know to go back and complete a floor. Fingers crossed.

Reaction score
I'm really excited to get an injection-molded full-body playset, because we'd basically been told that we never would get one again. It's a great sign, and definitely a bone thrown to committed collectors. But even so, it needs to be modular to offer what we really need. If this is the only one, then I'd have to say people will still need to build a full one for themselves. Let's make sure Hasbro knows that people want dream stuff, not halfway stuff...

Reaction score
Honestly I like it. Looks like it will connect to a larger throne room
plus I am curious if the Han will have a unfreeze feature similar to the POTF2 Han.

Reaction score
Makes me Wonder. Did they actually confirm Han and Ree-Yees will be carded? They could just have them stuffed in plastic bags in there.

Reaction score
Back in '83, there was a Jabba the Hutt throne room model set that was fairly interesting. Both as a kid & even more as an adult, I always wanted to see a 3.75" Jabba's Throne Room playset (or series of playsets) similar to this:

http://www.starwarsmodels.com/jabba.html

This forthcoming playset is obviously only representing a small fraction of Jabba's throne room, but it's a start - I do hope this is the first of several playsets that will make up the entire throne room. Even cooler would be if there could be a connecting Rancor pit; however, I'm not sure how that would work logistically - since it would need to be underneath Jabba's palace.

Last edited:
Reaction score
How awesome would it be if a secod companion set is coming that allows one to house Jabba's dais?
Absolutely feel like we'll be getting an extension of this set. I already posted my thoughts in the TVC thread, but I really hope if they do the other end they give us a floor base with the trap door. However, I really really hope they DON'T put Jabba's dais in there with it. They offered a great one not too many years back and many of us already have it, on top of him already coming with the Barge. Re-release the dais in a TVC box, and you're making everyone happy. I'm hoping the other parts would be Jabba's dais "area" plus some tables for denizens and then the torture chamber and prison, complete with TVC carded 8D8 and EVD-9 or whatever their names are. They'd help to complete the 92 - as someone mentioned, another GREAT spot for Tessek TVC carded or Ephant Mon or Amanaman as well. I'd love all 3 personally!

They could toss the Gonk and a break apart protocol droid in baggies for accessories to the torture area. I would also love the front door of the palace which could somehow connect. Would be great if they could curve the outside edge to make it look less like boxes connecting and give it some flare and presence, almost like a cross-section. Could come with the spider brain droid walker thing and the eye-ball door guard that pops out too. I know it's wishful, but maybe all that stuff could stack on top of a set for the Rancor pit, complete with ability to connect to the floor I mentioned above with trap door.

Reaction score
This set is so promising for things to come. Really surprised a new Max Rebo band wasn’t packed in. This would have been a great opportunity to finally give us an original trilogy version of Sy Snootles! Fingers crossed they redo the original band in an open window box set like the vintage version. Loooong overdue!
I feel that with all this TVC and Jabba love, the Max Rebo band is sure to come - boxed like back in the day with all 3 together. Would be a fantastic retailer exclusive opportunity for them.

Reaction score
It does seem odd to me, to card essentially pack-in figures. For the Barge sure, but smaller items? I guess it makes selling them carded a better prospect than loose, if a person already has those figures.

Honestly I like it. Looks like it will connect to a larger throne room
plus I am curious if the Han will have a unfreeze feature similar to the POTF2 Han.
Ha, that got me to thinking that if this were the 80's. We'd be looking at some kind of play feature where the Carbonite turns and the unfrozen Han falls out!

I feel that with all this TVC and Jabba love, the Max Rebo band is sure to come - boxed like back in the day with all 3 together. Would be a fantastic retailer exclusive opportunity for them.
A new Max Rebo and Organ at the very least.

Reaction score
It does seem odd to me, to card essentially pack-in figures. For the Barge sure, but smaller items? I guess it makes selling them carded a better prospect than loose, if a person already has those figures.

Ha, that got me to thinking that if this were the 80's. We'd be looking at some kind of play feature where the Carbonite turns and the unfrozen Han falls out!

A new Max Rebo and Organ at the very least.
I posted this before, but there is absolutely nothing odd about packing carded figures in the box. Most importantly, they help to complete the original 92 card backs with Han in Carbonite and Ree Yees, 2 figures that have never seen release in TVC. This is super for many collectors that care about having the modern compliment to the Vintage variety. I always hoped we'd see the day when all 92 were completed and could be posed side by side the original Kenner versions. Secondly, it protects the cards so you KNOW you'll be getting a minty fresh card, for all those who care. I think it's a fantastic idea, I can't fathom why people would poo poo it.

Reaction score
I just fitted a new shelf in anticipation for this beauty!

My fondest Star Wars memories are all from ROTJ as this was the first SW I was fully able to appreciate as a kid (Born in '79). This and the skiff make me so very happy!

Reaction score

This is already modular. It's three separate wall pieces. The throne comes with Jabba. The cost of doing everything all at once would be too expensive to be viable. So modularity reduces those costs.

Same with the cantina. It's too big to do the entire thing, but modular booths would be perfect. There are about 5 near identical ones altogether, one bandstand, 4 smaller booths and the bar. But doing the entire thing would incur long waits and large expenses.

Reaction score

Na. I'm totally on board with a modular release schedule. While Haslab is a great source for certain items the truth of the matter is that not everyone has an extra $300-$500 to drop all at once. A modular release schedule allows collectors to collect the environments as they are released at $40-$50 increments. Honestly a $500 one time Haslab "complete" Palace I'd probably pass on...but spending that much over a couple years to build it out is fun and affordable.

Reaction score
Could be getting another section revealed this summer. Celebration and SDCC are right around the corner.
To me, this piece was the most exciting thing to come out of TF. I've been wanting stuff like this for a long, long time.

The funny thing is that when people asked Hasbro the last few years about modular playsets, they always dimissed the idea. I don't know if they wanted to keep us off the trail or if they ended up changing their minds. If they keep producing more, then I really don't care why because I'll just biy, buy, buy!!!
T

Reaction score
WE are all excited now about this but at $40-50 that won't last, Tat's why they are packing in the 2 carded figures, That's half the cost right there, but gets the price point up to something "big" level.

So its a $20 modular playset with $20-$25 of action figres I think that is a good price point.

Future update: It would attached to the larger Throne room, with a similar sized entrance on the other side.

IF they design this to sit of a rancor pit then they could also in theory attach side areas such as the droid dungeon, Palace entrance, & maybe a few bonus extras like Barge loading platform or prisoner dungeon.

Reaction score
To me, this piece was the most exciting thing to come out of TF. I've been wanting stuff like this for a long, long time.

The funny thing is that when people asked Hasbro the last few years about modular playsets, they always dimissed the idea. I don't know if they wanted to keep us off the trail or if they ended up changing their minds. If they keep producing more, then I really don't care why because I'll just biy, buy, buy!!!
T
I think modular works for certain things. A Dagobah playset should be done as a little larger than the Vintage variety, but be in the same spirit with some fun features. I am hoping they do something like that to match with the upcoming Luke X-Wing and make that a Dagobah version as well. The hut could even have a light in it to simulate a pulsing fire or something. It could have some vines for Luke to swing on and a training area of the swamp, plus an exclusive pack-in Ghost Obi-Wan. Something that is more involved like that could go for maybe $80-100.

I love the idea of modular in the sense that it can help ease the payments, but there are plenty of small sets that could be one off's like Yoda's hut/Dagobah playset. I think modular works best with environments, like Endor or Hoth. Cloud City would be another, but I could see that being a bigger set perhaps. I certainly do not wish for a modular Death Star though. I know a lot of people want that, but to me, the Death Star Playset needs to be all-encompassing, one huge mic drop from Hasbro. A modular Death Star would legit look like boxes on top of boxes. That has ZERO appeal to me, that's where modular loses it's luster.

In fact, I do hope that if they continue adding on to Jabba's set that they include some of the exterior molding and design of the main tower so that it almost reveals a cross-section and adds some shape and organic variety to the boxier design of the rooms. At any rate, this set is one of the coolest things that Hasbro has EVER done, in it's entire history with the brand. I'm so pumped for this!