Jabba's Palace Adventure Set w/Han (Carbonite) & Ree-Yees

Reaction score
It looks amazing, but it's also slightly deflating that it is a Walmart Exclusive.

Reaction score
I'll take Walmart and Target over The Pulse or whatever is going on with the Skiff

There is a history of Walmart being bad at distribution, I'm willing to give Pulse a little bit more leeway.

Reaction score
Everything is sold out within seconds.
Ok? It's an online store. I guarantee that those items will come back in stock. You cannot guarantee every Walmart will get these exclusives.

Reaction score
This is absolutely the highlight of the day for me.
Yeah, this is really terrific. I do wish that the "main wall" included was the wall Jabba's dais sits in front of with the carbonite wall as a smaller piece.

But, screw it! Hasbro made a PLAYSET! And a gorgeous one at that! Saints be praised!

Reaction score
The only thing that could make this news better would be for Han to get the photoreal treatment. Paint apps on the original release were sub-par.

Reaction score
Glad I was able to order the Skiff and Skiff 3 pack today. Really wish the Palace playset was available for pre order today but dont be sad ... 2/3 aint bad.

Reaction score
This set looks amazing. I'm an old-skool SW toy collector (I collected somewhat in the '78 - '85 Vintage days) and have always liked these playsets. This particular Jabba's Palace was a great choice, and I like the exclusive figures. After looking at this, I had forgotten the Tauntaun head in the corner, near the frozen Han (from ROTJ). Very nice attention to detail here.

Since this is a Wally World exclusive, hopefully it won't be too hard to find @ the store. We'll see.

Reaction score
This is absolutely the highlight of the day for me.
Same here! Though I was on a much bigger high when I initially read the news, because I assumed it was the actual Palace(exterior) that opens up to some cool play value. lol
That said, it's still Awesome and will fit better on the shelf! I just hope that it's compatible with the previous dais from few years ago.

The only bummer is it's Walmart, so get ready to wait forever while Toywiz is selling them for double or triple!

If this is a hint of more to come, specifically from ROTJ. We sill need a couple MIA Ewoks, I'm not giving up on them!

But between this the Barge and the Skiff, I'm pretty much finished with big items especially Jabba related.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Looks great, and I hope this is the start of a new trend of diorama/playset pieces! I'm not getting this one having made this diorama years back, but I'm glad it's coming!

Reaction score
Same here! Though I was on a much bigger high when I initially read the news, because I assumed it was the actual Palace(exterior) that opens up to some cool play value. lol
That said, it's still Awesome and will fit better on the shelf
I actually prefer something like this for that very reason. I like that it's more like a piece of the set, than what would have originally been a model or a matte painting, scaled to accompany figures. More an accessory than a playset, which typically I find difficult to display.

Reaction score
This is a genuine surprise, and a welcome one for many collectors. I wish it contained a new figure, as that would certainly tempt me into buying one, even though I don't collect playsets. If Cane Adiss were packed in, I'd be all over it.

Reaction score
When I saw this I was like yesssssssssssss but when I heard it was a Walmart exclusive I was like nooooooooooo!

Reaction score
Unfortunately, this and Lando are both Walmart exclusives. So, unless they really decide to get in the online game and show they are ready to compete, these might involve a lot of driving and teamwork to acquire.
means it won't be stocked for months and then put on clearance or it ends up being somebody else's exclusive in 8 months.

Reaction score
If so, it's quite a brilliant solution for Hasbro to reach all kinds of collectors & budgets.
That would be great, as well as a modular Death Star which allows fans to purchase sets and build as bigger environment as their budgets/room space allow.

Reaction score
So, nearly 25 years in the modern era of Star Wars collecting and Hasbro finally delivers a worthy diorama. No cardboard, no over sized gimmick, a couple figures AND under $50. I can barely believe it.

Reaction score
I am totally shocked by the price as well! $50 seems like a steel compared to the cardboard one with Chewie was $45.

Reaction score
That creature on the right looks like Scooby Doo.�� What is it?

Reaction score
this is the best thing ive seen them do in years. and more years. but frankly they can knock another $10 off and keep the two figures i already have.

Reaction score
This and the Skiff....It feels like I just got a Sears catalogue in the mail!

You said it! I have the exact same feeling!

This is the best Toy Fair in.....well....ever. I'm overcome with excitement and nostalgia right now.

Just the fact that they would OK an injection molded playset again has set my Star Wars toy enthusiasm back to full again!

Reaction score
If this is a big success for Hasbro the sky is the limit with regards where this could go. I would like to see a return to themed waves and a playset, imagine:
Massasai Base with observation tower, tactical monitor, Princess Leia and General Dodonna
Hoth Echo Base, General Reeiken and Major Derlin
Bespin Carbon Freezing Chamber with Lando Calrissian and Lobot
Home One with Mon Calamari officer and General Madine.
It would serve as a way of getting out some possible pegwarmers, if sold separately and much needed updates.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This set is so promising for things to come. Really surprised a new Max Rebo band wasn’t packed in. This would have been a great opportunity to finally give us an original trilogy version of Sy Snootles! Fingers crossed they redo the original band in an open window box set like the vintage version. Loooong overdue!

Reaction score
If this is a big success for Hasbro the sky is the limit with regards where this could go. I would like to see a return to themed waves and a playset, imagine:
Massasai Base with observation tower, tactical monitor, Princess Leia and General Dodonna
Hoth Echo Base, General Reeiken and Major Derlin
Bespin Carbon Freezing Chamber with Lando Calrissian and Lobot
Home One with Mon Calamari officer and General Madine.
It would serve as a way of getting out some possible pegwarmers, if sold separately and much needed updates.
Star destroyer Bridge with Admiral Piett and Bridge crew member?

Reaction score
Very nice!

I'll buy it for the walls and sell the carded figures on. Even if the carbonite block is different with magnets....that's what Blu Tac is for!

Reaction score
I almost couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw the images for the first time yesterday...the highlight of my day for sure. Between this and the barge releasing, 2019 is truly shaping up to be a great SW collecting year!

Reaction score
Cannot wait for this. I really hope Walmart actually...you know...stocks them.