Jabba The Hutt - SDCC 2014 Exclusive

Reaction score
I am somewhat relived to see that it's really nothing that special. Hopefully we will be getting the accessories with the general release as well. obviously we won't get the fancy box and cardboard dias. But really, what are we supposed to sit Jabba and Slave Leia on? Will the dias be something that they sell separately down the road?

Reaction score
Man, let's hope that either viperskingdom, tunghori, sinodolls, or whoever gets that Salacious in en masse, to save a lot of us a hassle.

Reaction score
Well it's official now. Jabba with Hooka and Salacious Crumb is the SDCC exclusive!
'Star Wars': First Look at Hasbro's new Jabba the Hutt Comic-Con toy | PopWatch | EW.com

I think they edited that article after a few minutes. I'm sure the first time I read it it went into a bit more detail and said that the dais was made of cardboard. But rereading it now, that part has been taken out and their is no mention of it. How very disappointing if it's true. This is meant to be a premium series, we should expect more than a cardboard dais.

Reaction score
Hasbro is just cheap and greedy anymore. I don't expect anything from them anymore. From what i've seen coming out at Disney, their in-house stuff looks much better anyways.

Reaction score
Hasbro is just cheap and greedy anymore. I don't expect anything from them anymore. From what i've seen coming out at Disney, their in-house stuff looks much better anyways.

Right! Hasbro has had plenty of time and oppty to do some nice larger figs with dialogue and detail even if they weren't 12 inch and I thought the BS was a "collector focus" line... so much for that twice now. The Jabba is likely to be more than the Han on secondary and they know full well that not everyone get to those shows. I say its a case of "this hand gives you something nice whilst and at the same time the other hand is clawing you." This is exactly why I chose to give my money to the collector who did the cast molds of the Han in Carbonite. They are beautifully done, detailed, painted and reasonable in price. This is also another reason why I am glad that the few figures I wanted I only paid between 14 and 18 dollars for instead of full retail or more on secondary.

Reaction score
Yeah, it's a Comic Con Exclusive... You figure you can charge whatever you want to cover the cost it would take to make the Jabba that collectors really want. They'll all sell no matter the price, so that's not a problem. I know I'd be willing to pay more for a 6-inch Black Series version of the original Kenner Jabba and his throne that I had when I was a kid. I always had plenty of figures, but vehicles and play sets were a little expensive for my parents. Then one Christmas I get the Jabba Playset and the Ewok Village... Greatest Christmas ever!

Reaction score
Looks like some vandals snuck in and spray painted his boiler.

Reaction score
I think some are going into this expecting to get the same thing they got in the 3 3/4 inch format...Jabba, dais, oola, salacious. We are not going to see the same kind of things in this larger format. If you expect it then you will be disappointed. This is a figure focused line. We aren't going to see playsets and ships at this point, if ever. Anything beyond figures will be a bonus including the deluxe line. I think this Jabba "figure" looks superb. Salacious crumb looks to be a good accessory as that is all he is by the looks of it. I love the packaging and backdrop. Good Job.

Reaction score
I would also like to point out that I am very disappointed that this boxed set is not a general release, it should have been.

Reaction score
I would also like to point out that I am very disappointed that this boxed set is not a general release, it should have been.

The Jabba figure looks great. No disappointment for me there. But, they ARE coming out with a general release of Jabba, and I don't think the hookah and Salacious Crumb would be too much to ask for as his regular accessories.

I know I wasn't expecting his throne to be as complex as the one I had as a kid (with the storage pit underneath), but I was expecting something more. I feel like a decorative slab of plastic around twice the size of Carbonite Han or so would've been a great addition for the Comic Con version. Wouldn't have to be too thick, but Salacious looks like he's supposed to be sitting on something, and not just on Jabba's tail.

But, he does look better with those accessories than just the figure by itself. It's definitely not horrible, just could be better I think.

Reaction score
I am beginning to think Hasbro dont want my money, or take great pleasure in making me jump through hoops to get the figures.

I got into the Black Series late, but have caught up despite the abysmal availability in the UK of wave 3 in particular. I knew about the carbonite block and not being able to get that for under £100 was disappointing, but this is even worse.

I have no issues with convention exclusives, but ideally the exclusivity should be the packaging with the figure/contents being available to other consumers. I would love to go to SDCC but I am in another country and do not have the income to allow me to do it - so I now have to settle for an incomplete Jabba?

Makes me want to pack in with the 6" figures all together and put my money into something else.

Come on Hasbro, as I said do you not want my money?

GNT

Reaction score
It's a real slap in the face those of us who enjoy collecting but can't travel around the world to pick up an exclusive piece and don't want to support scalpers.

I agree with the poster above me, the packaging should be different not the items in them. What next a Darth Vader we might be able to get? No accessories for any future releases, they'll be with the exclusive versions?

Reaction score
I am beginning to think Hasbro dont want my money, or take great pleasure in making me jump through hoops to get the figures. I got into the Black Series late, but have caught up despite the abysmal availability in the UK of wave 3 in particular. I knew about the carbonite block and not being able to get that for under £100 was disappointing, but this is even worse. I have no issues with convention exclusives, but ideally the exclusivity should be the packaging with the figure/contents being available to other consumers. I would love to go to SDCC but I am in another country and do not have the income to allow me to do it - so I now have to settle for an incomplete Jabba? Makes me want to pack in with the 6" figures all together and put my money into something else. Come on Hasbro, as I said do you not want my money?

I'm looking forward to adding Jabba sans Salacious Crumb beside my Boba sans Carbonite Han. I love the feeling of incompleteness. :-/

Reaction score
It's a real slap in the face those of us who enjoy collecting but can't travel around the world to pick up an exclusive piece and don't want to support scalpers.

I agree with the poster above me, the packaging should be different not the items in them. What next a Darth Vader we might be able to get? No accessories for any future releases, they'll be with the exclusive versions?

We know Jabba is coming as a general release. I do agree 100% that the PACKAGE should be different. Fine, give the exclusive the fancy box and the cardboard dias. The general population should not be cheated out of the accessories just because we can't fly to San Diego.

Reaction score
I'll likely skip Jabba (both SDCC and general release). When Hasbro does stupid things like this, a) punish me for living in another country where I can't make it to San Diego to buy some overpriced repack with a few new accessories, or b) release an incomplete Jabba at retail, then I vote with my dollars to give Hasbro the finger right back.

I consider these exclusives more as a form of punishing the loyal collectors, not rewarding them, and react accordingly with my wallet. Keep it up Hasbro and I'll just stop buying your 6" line altogether. I really only wanted a few of the Jedi/Sith characters and that's it so this kind of idiocy doesn't encourage me to stay with the line.

Reaction score
This guy is one of the extreme few things I would have bought despite the facts that 1) I've never liked this 6 inch line and 2) I've actually quit collecting. But what a joke. I wouldn't bother to chase a con exclusive even online. A crappy Crumb, no dais and a joke of a cardboard thingy? From a "premium premium" collector line? They're not even trying anymore. Hasbro could **** up a cup of coffee.

You know something's wrong when the best thing to happen to your collecting in, literally years, is you quit.

Reaction score
It look to me like Crumb has some articulation like ball joints? But it seems like this actually hinders him from sitting in a natural pose. Probably would have been more satisfied with a little figurine of him in a static, but realistic pose. He looks "zombified" in the press photo.

I might pass on Jabba all together in this line, especially if I can't get crumb or a Dais. Never have been lucky /quick enough to find SDCC exclusives on HTS. I think I would rather spend the extra time/money to flesh out my Sideshow 12" scale Jabba dio that has an amazing dais. I don't see myself having a full on Jabba display in this scale so any ROTJ figs that do come out will just be displayed by themselves.

Reaction score
It look to me like Crumb has some articulation like ball joints? But it seems like this actually hinders him from sitting in a natural pose. Probably would have been more satisfied with a little figurine of him in a static, but realistic pose. He looks "zombified" in the press photo.

Yeah, I'd be happier with a Salacious statically posed like this (obviously not as fancy); a ball-jointed neck would give him plenty enough personality:

2219_press05-001.jpg

I don't really care about the pipe/bowl from this set, but missing out on Salacious altogether would be a bummer. I'm only collecting the 6" that have vintage Kenner counterparts, so those two characters are pretty inseparable for me.

GNT

Reaction score
We know Jabba is coming as a general release.

Yes he is but the general release is also incomplete and that's what's annoying and frustrating. Hasbro isn't giving the wider audience the key pieces we need for our dioramas.

Reaction score
I have zero interest in this one... whether I bought at scalper ebay prices or later on at its retail version. Not a big fan of Black Series, not a fan of mr big J either. I can sit this out... more interested in seeing what ESB or taun taun we get...

GNT

Reaction score
When it says there's a space for Han Solo in Carbonite, does it actually have a slot where you put him in? Just curious about it.

It doesn't matter since most people don't have Han Solo in Carbonite as it is to put him next to Jabba :p

Reaction score
You know what really gets me? Remember how Hasbro kept insisting how difficult it was to get the last 3 3/4 scale Jabba to market? How they talked about how it sounded nigh impossible for them to get it out until Wal Mart signed on to take it as an exclusive? Yeah, now suddenly it makes sense for them to sell an overpriced 6inch exclusive AND a stripped down version for retail? Hasbro can choke on it. Salacious Crumb is necessary to Jabba and really should have at least been packed with Slave Leia or put in the retail Jabba set. F you Hasbro. I'm still waiting for the promised separate release of Han Carbonite.

Reaction score
It doesn't matter since most people don't have Han Solo in Carbonite as it is to put him next to Jabba :p
Indeed. Hasbro does a fine job reminding me that quitting their stuff was the proper choice for me. If I collected this line it would only be my faves; Han, R2, Stormy, Pilot Luke, Fett, & Carbonite Han... about half of which I'd likely never find for/at retail.

Reaction score
I was lucky to score Boba at Hasbro booth, hope I can score this this year!