Jabba Focus Collectors: Part 2

Reaction score
Here's a shot of the kit with some random Jabbas. It's way smaller than a Hasbro figure though.

From left to right going counter-clockwise we have the Deagostini Jabba, West End Games Jabba, Rawcliffe Pewter Jabba, and two Star Wars Miniatures figures.

Reaction score
LEGO Star Wars: UK Toy Fair 2012 – Star Wars News | From Bricks To Bothans

9516 Jabba’s Palace … now, this set was a real beauty. For those expecting to get Jabba’s entire palace, you’re gonna be disappointed, but the important parts are here. The throne room, with moving platform covering a “pit” (which is big enough for a fig to lay down in, but no more) is well constructed with plenty of play features … you can easily recreate the death of Oola into the pit of doom! The tall element which you may have seen in the prelim pics has a rendition of the Palace doors (which can slam open and closed), complete with the pop out eye, which uses a printed 1×1 round tile. With all that aside, the real reason you’ll want to buy this set is the minifigures. The new Jabba is stunning, in a lighter colour than before, fully printed and in two parts so you can articulate at the torso (does Jabba have a torso?!). Bib Fortuna looked all new to me, Salacious Crumb is a custom moulded & prnted figure and is just perfect. Leia in Boushh disguies is awesome … just as you’d expect, with her grenade again represented with a 1×1 round tile. The Gamorean Guard is also new, with a new headpiece and printed detail. Oola is along the lines of Aayla Secura, although in lime green, obviously. For this one, I noted the price … it’s a hefty £119.99, but defintely worth it for the figs alone.
im so excited for this set the last 2 years of BIG playsets have been lackluster but this one will ROCK

Reaction score
Sounds pretty good, but £119.99 sounds incredibly expensive. Even if it were in dollars not pounds it would still be more than I had expected.

Reaction score
Here's a shot of the kit with some random Jabbas. It's way smaller than a Hasbro figure though.

From left to right going counter-clockwise we have the Deagostini Jabba, West End Games Jabba, Rawcliffe Pewter Jabba, and two Star Wars Miniatures figures.
Aces! Thanks. Great set up.

Reaction score
Thanks! He looks great, as does the set as a whole. Still hope that the price point isn't as high as was mentioned earlier. Also, a release date of "Christmas 2012" seems like a very long time away.

Reaction score
There's something slightly disturbing about that... ;) But I'm always glad for a new Jabba. Plus I have the gamorrean from the same series already.

Reaction score
Speaking of painting, I finished painting up my Knight Models Jabba the Hutt yesterday. As I posted earlier, here is the completed model before priming and painting.

And here it is painted.

Reaction score
I just got this directly from John Coppinger, who sculpted the original Jabba puppet and also controlled his eyes. It's cast from an original skin that John saved from the production of Return of the Jedi. The actual puppet was scrapped, so the skin is the only thing left of the original prop. (A collector recently bought it from John and had a custom display made for it by Tom Spina Designs.)

It's about 5 feet wide by 3 feet tall and is made of cold cast aluminum and fiberglass, with a wooden backboard. You can get more info on my blog.

Reaction score
Congratulations on the John Coppinger piece, i remember reading about this on your blog last year.

Reaction score
That Coppinger piece looks great, especially with the Jabba-themed Attakus statues nearby.

Reaction score
Reaction score
It's one of the smallest, but I do have this guy that's smaller, at about an inch long (and that's assuming you don't count some of the Micro Machines Jabbas, since they aren't independently sold products).

I'm in Japan at the moment, so not there's not much new on the Jabba front. (These days it's hard to find much Star Wars stuff in Japan period, from what I can tell. I went to two Toys R Us stores and they were pretty much devoid of any Star Wars toys, with the exception of LEGO). However, I did have a traditional candy artisan make me a Jabba out of candy:

I also got this painting done by Dan Lacey, aka the Painter of Pancakes.

Reaction score
i want share my recent adquisitions here, cause this is the right thread

First is my Loose Super Masa Lili Ledy Jabba The Hutt with repro box,is not complete, theres missing one clay bottle, one mould, instructions, warranty (maybe a Super Masa catalog) and the rolling bar that smash the clay on the mould

And then is the same item, but 100% factory sealed, MIB SUPER MASA JABBA THE HUTT

Reaction score
Thanks, if you are interested maybe ill sell the super masa loose, i was tracking down a complete set for years and suddenly arrive one new and sealed

Reaction score
A couple of more things before I go back to the US tomorrow.

I bought some socks here in Jabba's colors, and it occurred to me that I could make a temporary Jabba out of them: :)

And I also found these Japanese versions of Power of the Force 2 figures selling quite cheaply. The only difference with the US versions is the Japanese sticker on the back, though.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Saw a t shirt today, you may be interested in icruise....

Will post pic in a couple days. Heading out of town in the am.