Philip_Wise

Staff member
Webmaster
Reaction score
Jabba and Jabba\'s Palace Band Statues Pt 2

Please continue here.

Reaction score
Re: Jabba and Jabba\'s Palace Band statues? Pt 2

I know that this has been touched on already, but I have a hard time accepting that the Band is in the same scale as the other "diorama" pieces. None of the band members are supposed to be that tall. Sy is (roughly) 5'3", Droopy is a bit shorter at 5'2", and Max is downright tiny at 4'7" ... yet Sy and Droopy make the Malakili that is part of the Rancor statue look small. And he should be taller than all of them. So ... if the Band is in scale to the Jabba statue (which I can't confirm or deny), then is it the Rancor that is too small?

Reaction score

i noticed that too. somthings a bit off. it doesnt really bother me though. once my replacment jabba arrives they wont be displayed next to eachother.

Reaction score

Anybody know how the Bib Fortuna Redemption works? Its sold out on the GG website, but how can it be sold out if the certificates are not all accounted for?

Reaction score

Do you have to enter the codes before a certain date? Just wondering if I need to buy the Jabba by a certain date in order to get the Bib.

Reaction score

WedgeWannaBe said:
Do you have to enter the codes before a certain date? Just wondering if I need to buy the Jabba by a certain date in order to get the Bib.
For some reason, <s>May 31st 2008</s> is popping into my head ~ pretty sure I read that somewhere..........

Ooops, scratch that date. See below!

Please Read Below for Rules and Conditions:

1. Purchase of Jabba the Hutt and Jabba’s Palace Band statues required for Bib Fortuna “Free Gift” redemption. 2. Redemption eligibility requires 1 (one) redemption scratcher from Jabba the Hutt and 1 (one) from Jabba’s Palace Band. 3. Redemption can be fulfilled via https://www.gentlegiantltd.com/redemption or by mailing both redemption certificates to: Gentle Giant Customer Service, 7511 N. San Fernando Rd., Burbank, CA 91505, U.S.A. If you choose to mail in your certificates, we recommend using “CERTIFIED MAIL”. Gentle Giant Studios, Inc. is not responsible for lost or misdirected mail. 4. Shipping of “Free Gift” within the 50 U.S. states is free. 5. All international orders: Customers will be responsible for a $20.00 (USD) shipping fee and also any customs fees that may be incurred. The shipping fee must be paid by credit card. You may either include credit card information on the space provided below or by calling Gentle Giant Customer Service at 818-504-3555 between the hours of 9am and 6pm (PT). 6. Once redemption has been qualified, please allow 3-6 weeks for delivery. Item will be shipped via most economical method. 7. Bib Fortuna “Free Gift” redemption expires December 31, 2008 or while supplies last. 8. This redemption certificate has no monetary value and cannot be redeemed or exchanged for any other Gentle Giant Ltd. item. No substitute gift will be issued and “Free Gift” may not be exchanged for cash. 9. Once redemption certificate is redeemed, that certificate is void and no longer valid. 10. No photocopies or reproductions will be accepted. 11. Gentle Giant Studios, Inc. (and any and all of its affiliates) are not responsible for any wrongful or illegible information provided by Customer. Gentle Giant Studios, Inc. (and any and all of its affiliates) are not liable for any and all causes of action related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Redemption Program, or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use of “Free Gift”. 12. Gentle Giant Studios, Inc. (and any and all of its affiliates) are not responsible for lost, stolen, misplaced, bent, or otherwise damaged redemption certificates.

Reaction score

Thanks for posting the link to the redemption page-I was also flummoxed when I went to try and order mine-I have suggested to GG they post a link to the Bib page itself.
Hopefully he will arrive fairly quickly-I am very pleased with both of these, and I am trying to contrive a shelving situation where I can sit Jabba over the top of the Rancor now-they just need to be hefty (and cat-proof) shelves!

Reaction score

darth_gary said:
Thanks for posting the link to the redemption page-I was also flummoxed when I went to try and order mine-I have suggested to GG they post a link to the Bib page itself.
Hopefully he will arrive fairly quickly-I am very pleased with both of these, and I am trying to contrive a shelving situation where I can sit Jabba over the top of the Rancor now-they just need to be hefty (and cat-proof) shelves!
I Put the codes in on Friday-- it came across the U.S. and got it on Tuesday. Three days aint two shabby for a free item, I just kept forgetting the past month to put those codes in.

Reaction score

FINALLY my replacment jabba has arrived. i planned on boxing it back up since i dont have any room but i might just leave it hear for now. overall i'm pretty happy with the jabba set up. that being said of all my jabbas i rank the GG version better than SS and not as good as attakus.

Reaction score

DARTHPOTTS1975 said:
that being said of all my jabbas i rank the GG version better than SS and not as good as attakus.
Glad to hear you got your replacement DP!

And you do stand by your Attakus....I'll give ya that. But better than the GG, really?? I can definitely give the nod to them on the Probe Droid, Tusken, Jawa is nifty, but their Jabba?

Reaction score

the attakus jabba is so much bigger that its hard to even compare the two. the sheer size of the attakus makes it more impressive. both attakus and GG versions are way better than sideshows. regardless wich is better i'm very happy with my new jabba. the whole jabba palace scene is my favorite from the entire trilogy.

Reaction score

DARTHPOTTS1975 said:
the whole jabba palace scene is my favorite from the entire trilogy.
Same here! Hope we see more add-ons in the future.

Reaction score

I know this is an older thread, but I have a question for those of you who own the Jabba statue. Every single picture I have seen of him, to me at least, looks like his face is almost too brown. Is this something that my eye might be picking up on that only shows up from a photo or is it really that brown looking?

To me it just doesn't look right, and I have never seen one in person. I have always loved Jabba from ROTJ but I am somewhat hesistant of picking one up from the pics I've seen.

Reaction score

SWDave said:
Every single picture I have seen of him, to me at least, looks like his face is almost too brown. Is this something that my eye might be picking up on that only shows up from a photo or is it really that brown looking?
The one time I took a peek at mine (it's in storage right now), I was pleased how it looked in-hand.

However, when I view the pictures of this custom paint job in the thread linked below, I start to wonder about my first impressions. I'll have to dig mine out again....

Jabba Re-Do

Rod

Reaction score

That's a really nice re-do but not fairly accurate.

The redone picture is under much better lightning. The BEFORE pic is way too bright....show me two pics in the same light and I think that will be more fair.

Reaction score

Has anyone paired up the attakus slave leia with gg jabba? I was wondering how close they would be to scale. She would have to be close to the size of Oola.

Reaction score

VadersClone said:
I was wondering how close they would be to scale. She would have to be close to the size of Oola.
Two different scales.......doubt this would look good.

Reaction score

DarthBeek said:
SWDave said:
Every single picture I have seen of him, to me at least, looks like his face is almost too brown. Is this something that my eye might be picking up on that only shows up from a photo or is it really that brown looking?
The one time I took a peek at mine (it's in storage right now), I was pleased how it looked in-hand.

However, when I view the pictures of this custom paint job in the thread linked below, I start to wonder about my first impressions. I'll have to dig mine out again....

Jabba Re-Do
Thanks DB. I guess I'll have to wait and see it in person if I really want it.

Reaction score

VadersClone said:
Has anyone paired up the attakus slave leia with gg jabba? I was wondering how close they would be to scale. She would have to be close to the size of Oola.
they would not look good together.

the attakus leia is almost as big as the GG jabba

Reaction score

DARTHPOTTS1975 said:
VadersClone said:
they would not look good together.

the attakus leia is almost as big as the GG jabba
Okay, thx DB and DP. I like the way the Attakus Leia looks, and thought maybe, just maybe. But if i picked her up, i wouldn't know where to put her.

Reaction score

So after months and months of hesitation, I finally gave in and ordered these beasts.I just had to, the Rancor was looking lonely beside the dewback and tauntauns.
Can any fellow international collectors fill me in on the particulars of the free Bib redemption? I know we have to shell out for intl shipping, but what are the shipping times and procedures like?

Reaction score

Sendintheclones said:
So after months and months of hesitation, I finally gave in and ordered these beasts.
You'll not be disappointed........

Reaction score

Placed my order for Bib on 12/12/07. Order says Processed, but not shipped.

Reaction score

VadersClone said:
Hmmmmm.... the turnaround on this promotion was super quick. I had mine in a matter of a couple days.

You may need to call them.

Reaction score

Just orderd the band from MWC's super sale! I can't wait. Now to get Jabba...

Reaction score

deathstar1000 said:
Just orderd the band from MWC's super sale! I can't wait.

Nice purchase deathstar ~ it is a slick statue!

Reaction score

DarthBeek said:
deathstar1000 said:
Just orderd the band from MWC's super sale! I can't wait.

Nice purchase deathstar ~ it is a slick statue!
I just saw this past Friday at Philip's shop and hadn't realized how big it was. I couldn't pass this up. Finding where to put it is another issue.

Reaction score

DarthBeek said:
VadersClone said:
Hmmmmm.... the turnaround on this promotion was super quick. I had mine in a matter of a couple days.

I did email them and tried to call today but they won't be back until Wednesday.

Reaction score

deathstar1000 said:
Just orderd the band from MWC's super sale! I can't wait. Now to get Jabba...
you will be very happy DS1000
the band statue is my most favorite GG item of 2007 and could possibly top any other GG i have. wich says alot since i have the rancor,dewback, and every statue besides the blue guard.

great pick up

Reaction score

Thanks DP! I got my tracking number yesterday!
That's FAST!!!

Reaction score

i have not seen either in person, but the band looks to be really cool.

Im sittin on pins and needles waiting for my attakus bib. argh... 7 more days until arrival. now lets just hope it arrives intact as he was the last one they had for $249.99.

Reaction score

VadersClone said:
DarthBeek said:
VadersClone said:

I did email them and tried to call today but they won't be back until Wednesday.
Bib was sitting on the porch Monday, it's all good.

Reaction score

VadersClone said:
VadersClone said:
DarthBeek said:
VadersClone said:

Bib was sitting on the porch Monday, it's all good.
Good to hear.......... I was actually just admiring my Bib today.

Reaction score

TK333 said:
i have not seen either in person, but the band looks to be really cool.

Im sittin on pins and needles waiting for my attakus bib. argh... 7 more days until arrival. now lets just hope it arrives intact as he was the last one they had for $249.99.

great prince on that attakus bib. i still need to get one myself to go with my jabba.

Reaction score

Jabba's on his way.I can't wait!! Unfortunately I had to order the band from a different retailer and it looks like it won't arrive until next week. Darn it, I want my keyboard-playing blue elephant NOW!!!

Reaction score

Well, Jabba's band should be here Monday. That and I broke down and bought Jabba himself today from Razor's Edge! Phew, it's been expensive this past few weeks. But I'm still excited!!!

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

deathstar1000 said:
Well, Jabba's band should be here Monday. That and I broke down and bought Jabba himself today from Razor's Edge! Phew, it's been expensive this past few weeks. But I'm still excited!!!
Good for you man! I should have my Jabba and Band on Friday I believe. I can't wait to see it in person.

Reaction score

Jabba just arrived today. Wow. It always amazes me how big some of these pieces really are in person.
Just got a quick scan in the box, tested the Jawa's eyes, made sure nothing was broken or missing. Loving the optional tongue.

Here's hoping I get a shipping notice for the band soon.