Jabba’s Dais Gargoyle Magnet by Regal Robot : Celebration Chicago Exclusive

Reaction score
The name Regal Robot has quickly become recognized as the leading brand in high-quality, custom made, themed decorative art for any home, office or man cave that desires it. From dinosaurs to UFO's, the company also offers a superb line of official Star Wars furniture and accessories that are truly jaw-dropping. These are exceptionally creative designs made for the whole family to enjoy. And when this ample array of well-thought-out furniture and accessories gets properly displayed, it turns it all into attractive conversation pieces for which the most discerning observer will feel seduced, and you'll be proud to display.

Tom Spina, the professional sculptor and FX artist we've gotten to know for his excellent work through the years, along with a team of creative talents and Lucasfilm, have found a way for all of us to be surrounded by defining elements from the movies right at home. The Star Wars furniture they make is not only quite appealing to the eye, but it also comes packed with practical functionality. Take for instance their cozy Dewback Love Seat, their fantastic Han Solo Carbonite Desk, and their beautiful Millennium Falcon Asteroids Coffee Table, to name just a few. On the smaller scale, how about their useful Space Slug Desk Organizer, their life-like Mandalorian Skulls offered in a variety of sizes and display possibilities, and the list goes on. Call them "The Dream Makers": You dream it and they can create it for you. That's the magic of their business, bringing to your door and making part of your home decor what you thought was only possible to admire on the big screen.

Regal Robot first unleashed their Jedi power upon the fans during Celebration Orlando in 2017, and it was a total success. In 2019, two years after their first appearance at this event, the company once again was invited as a guest to Star Wars Celebration this time in Chicago, where Tom and the team showcased some beautiful new creations at booth 3419. This was in fact the first opportunity fans also had to see in person and be able to order right there and then, their amazing life-sized Chewbacca bust and their outstanding Phil Tippet Signature Edition Tauntaun Maquette replica, among a zillion other great creations. But what's Celebration without exclusives? Well, Regal Robot didn't forget about it, and the team made sure to treat all attendees to an attractive convention exclusive fans were able to easily recognize from the Original Trilogy...

Jabba’s Dais Gargoyle Magnet

These are quite a beauty in all their Gargoyle ugliness. Ugliness? Yes! Call it defying aesthetics, but ugliness is nothing more than a necessary corrective that stimulates a deeper appreciation of beauty. Beauty and ugliness are not opposites, but aspects of the same thing: perception. When it comes to Star Wars, ugliness is quite often an appreciated quality defining many of the elements from that galaxy far, far away, something that fascinates the fans.

Limited to a small run of about 300 units and selling for $20.00 a piece, these 3" tall (including the ring), highly detailed magnets do not fail to bring out the ugliness of the Gargoyle in all their beautiful details, and are highly collectible items, especially to all those Jabba fans out there. Quantities were broken down into equal amounts for the first three days of the event, allowing as many collectors as possible a chance to own one. With that in mind, collectors kept going back to Regal Robot's booth 3419 early each day if they had missed their chance the prior day. And every day the magnets sold out.

The Gargoyles were hand cast at Regal Robot's studio in New York, and thus being an original home made product we could feel proud to own. With the use of crystal clear photos of the prop as reference, the magnets were digitally sculpted, and a heartfelt effort was made to be faithful to the vibe and style of the original design by the Studio's team. Made of black resin these have a good weight to them, and exhibit such great hand painted faux bronze and patina coloring that they seem to be real metal pieces just pulled out straight from an actual Dais movie prop. Swinging metal rings were also installed in their mouth for an accurate movie look. To finish things up, rare earth magnets were epoxied in place to the back of each Gargoyle providing a strong hold to any ferromagnetic materials you stick them to, such as iron and steel and of course ... your fridge door!

Wouldn't it be great if one day Regal Robot was able to offer sculpts of these Gargoyles as bigger decorative pieces? Being a Jabba fan myself, I'd be the first to purchase them in whichever style RR would choose to produce them. Time will tell ...

* You can find below detailed pictures of these great looking magnets, the biggest Jabba's Dais Gargoyle magnets officially available at this point in time. Base/Stand used for the pictures is not included.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It never ceases to amaze me all the detail Lucas put into his trilogies. I also see Regal Robot just released a Tauntaun at 250 pieces, which looks awesome!

As always, love your in depth review and photos Julian about this piece :).

Reaction score
Tom mentioned in a panel the original idea for this was to be a towel holder, in a larger size, and that he still hopes to produce it.

I picked up the space slug desk organizer at celebration from the tom spina booth and It is fantastic. My favorite con purchase. It's made from a scan of the original space slug model.

Reaction score
These magnets are very nice. I tried getting one from Ebay but they are scalping them for $60.00, triple the price of what they sold for.

Tom mentioned in a panel the original idea for this was to be a towel holder, in a larger size, and that he still hopes to produce it.

I picked up the space slug desk organizer at celebration from the tom spina booth and It is fantastic. My favorite con purchase. It's made from a scan of the original space slug model.
As per the review at the top of the page:

"The Gargoyles were hand cast at Regal Robot's studio in New York, and thus being an original home made product we could feel proud to own. With the use of crystal clear photos of the prop as reference, the magnets were digitally sculpted, and a heartfelt effort was made to be faithful to the vibe and style of the original design by the Studio's team. Made of black resin these have a good weight to them, and exhibit such great hand painted faux bronze and patina coloring that they seem to be real metal pieces just pulled out straight from an actual Dais movie prop. Swinging metal rings were also installed in their mouth for an accurate movie look. To finish things up, rare earth magnets were epoxied in place to the back of each Gargoyle providing a strong hold to any ferromagnetic materials you stick them to, such as iron and steel and of course ... your fridge door!"

Reaction score
Huh? Unsure what your quote is reffering to? You bolded the part where I mention the space slug pencil holder and then quoted the review of the dais magnet...

Reaction score
Huh? Unsure what your quote is reffering to? You bolded the part where I mention the space slug pencil holder and then quoted the review of the dais magnet...
:):) I'm sorry. I have no idea what I did. I misread your comment and bolded your reference as if it was for the magnet instead of the space slug, and that is why I quoted the review to bring out what had been said above. My mistake. Sorry

Reaction score
Great Display ideas! I need to figure a better way to display mine!

Reaction score
Arrived today !!!

Those two pedestals, and the one with the large Jabba the Hutt and throne are my favorites from your collection. Definitely you are "The display master". The magnet looks great were you placed it , Sven.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Speaking of Jabba's Dais Gargoyles, I've got a couple of big ones for a little project around my work area/desk. Here are a couple a pictures of them, one next to the gargoyle magnet, for comparison....

Last edited: