It's time to talk guests ( Part 2 )

Reaction score
Re: Odd thought

I hear that and I'm ready for a stampede!

I'm sure OP will post some flyers in the Autograph room when and whoever gets announced. I'd really like to meet Ben Stevens too -I'm sure he'll be around though.

Reaction score

amdevil said:
im not there untill friday so with my luck the 4th GOH will show up on thurday and ill miss it
. i think the idea of a GOH that "shows up" during C4 makes me a little nervous.
I'm leaving on Saturday night, so between the two of us, there's a 60% chance one of us will miss the "surprise" guest of honor, if he shows up. I've pretty much accepted the fact that if a HUGE guest shows up, I will have to be VERY lucky to get his autograph for all of the reasons listed above.

You'd think that any potential guest would be able to predict his schedule two days in advance, so hopefully OP will be able (and allowed) to announce a day or two in advance who the guest is and when he will be signing.

Reaction score

Call me a pessimist but I am not expecting anything other than what we are seeing scheduled. I would be very pleasantly surprised if there were some "drop in" guests but I really doubt it. Think about it, the con people want to make money and if you are going to have Lucas or another "big" name there it would be more beneficial for them to announce this ahead of time in the hopes of getting more attendees into the con, thus making more money. If they hide it for a surprise they are loosing out on potential cash.

Reaction score
Re: Coupons pickup times

Gackt said:
Hey Guys...
Do you know the pickup times to get the pre-purchased autograph coupons ?

Thanks.
Just bumping this question?
Ben, Phil, anyone?
Can we pick them up the day before the convention (tomorrow) like C3? Not only would that make sense since it was a preorder, but it would be a great timesaver as well.
Thanks!

Reaction score

The auto hall was GREAT! I also volunteered with OP. I got to work with Debbie Carrington (the BEST 4 hours I spent at the Con) and Matt Wood.

I got autos (figures) from EVERY single guest (minus the handful that I already had). However, getting 50+ figures signed was EXHAUSTING, but worth every moment.

Reaction score
Anthony Daniels

I forgot to mention this...Anthony Daniels and a few others rock..

On day 1, I was hanging with Sith, darth Jaq and others..and then I hear 'ex, ex, excuse me...may I walk by' ( a real british accent)...and I looked at the guy and I was blown away..It was Anthony Daniels (thats right the mighy duck man himself, oh wait wrong line...the might golden driod himself C-3PO)...Jaq, comly turned to his left, and said 'oh, am I in your way..sorry'..the gentleman in black said, no problem and went on to the next group of fans, not really realizing who was behind them...He then headed towards the doors, took a few pics with some adoring youngsters and said hi to the crowd...Man then he proceed into the convention hall...Now that was a moment in time that I will hope to never forget...Anthony Daniels is freaking awesome...

Reaction score
Re: Anthony Daniels

That's such a cool pic! He looks like a bona fide rock star there

Of course, he is a rock star of sorts, considering where he's walking into...

Reaction score

Temuera Morrison and Amy Allen were incredibly nice. Temuera Morrison was awesome to get an autograph from, really funny and friendly. Got to see Amy Allen's mom at the booth too.
Ray Park seemed a bit tired out, and we were told he had a sore neck from all the posing lately, so no posing for pictures. He was still incredibly nice, but not as talkative as I had heard.

Reaction score

I was in Carrie Fisher's line on Friday morning. Anthony Daniels walks into his own autograph line and stands there. He would come up behind a person and just strike up a conversation. People did not know who he was. There was one particular group he spoke to for two minutes before they realized who he was. We were cracking up in the Carrie Fisher line watching this.

Reaction score

One thing that was interesting, since raising her fee to two coupons compared to one (at C3) her line was non-existant. I think Amy got a little too high on her own supply last time around. This time, was a good reality check. I was in the autograph hall the entire show and I never saw more than one or two people lingering around her table. She may be nice, which she is, but two coupons was a little silly for her signature.

Reaction score

Oh, Amy Allen used to be one coupon? I was really wondering why there was no one at her booth when I decided to wait for her to come back!
lol When I had read that in the past she had a super-long line, I was thinking to myself: "What luck! No one is in line!"

Did Orli Shoshan used to be one ticket too? Because, he being two tickets is what kept me from going for her auto... If she had been one ticket I would have done it, but I didn't want to do another two tickets and a photo ticket.

Reaction score

Same for Orli. She was overpriced at two coupons, as was Zach Jensen and a few others. I can understand Julian Glover, that's understandable but some of the others were a little silly. $20 for an autograph that is probably worth $10 or less. The result for people like Orli and Allen were no lines at all at any time. I was there for four days and there were many times when they were gone from their table walking around talking to other actors. I'm sure they fared ok for the five days but especially Allen should re think her pricing.

Reaction score

swgrapher72 said:
Same for Orli. She was overpriced at two coupons, as was Zach Jensen and a few others. I can understand Julian Glover, that's understandable but some of the others were a little silly. $20 for an autograph that is probably worth $10 or less. The result for people like Orli and Allen were no lines at all at any time. I was there for four days and there were many times when they were gone from their table walking around talking to other actors. I'm sure they fared ok for the five days but especially Allen should re think her pricing.

WHAT A FREAKIN' JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad your the expert and are able to place "value" on other peoples time (and their own private income).

what did you stand right next to Orli and Amy EVERY minute of EVERY day to see if they had a line.
I worked with OP this celebration, and Amy had a line FREQUENTLY. In fact, a friend of mine SKIPPED her to come back later because she had a line.

MOST (if not ALL) of the guests were easily accessable for the entire convention. But I guess in your "jerk" way, you tend to accept that fact that certain people are more "valuable" than others.

You REALLY are a jerk. I don't even know why you collect autos, you don't ever seem to enjoy it!

I for one, had a BLAST working with OP. I got EVERY guest to sign figs (some of which I had already) and YES, I paid the coupons that EVERY SINGLE ONE was asking. I did it to meet the stars, and for my own experience and enjoyment. I ENJOY auto collecting, it's not SO SERIOUS to me as others that collect I guess.

Reaction score

mrmforceX said:
The auto hall was GREAT! I also volunteered with OP. I got to work with Debbie Carrington (the BEST 4 hours I spent at the Con) and Matt Wood.
I got to work with David Prowse and Mike Kingma (also the best 4 hours of the convention). david's line was non-stop all day Saturday, but he was in such a good mood and was just fun to work with. Mike didn't have much of a line so I really got to talk to him.
I had a blast in the Auto Hall. all of the actors were so friendly, and some of them were just so greatful that people would come to their line.
I could care less about who didn't come to CIV, because the ones that were there wanted to be there and it really showed!! they made the entire CIV experience way better than I could have ever imagined!!!

Reaction score

the bottom line is that they were way overpriced and if they used their heads a little more, and weren't so greedy (like allen) they would have sold tons more. there are a lot of collectors out there who won't fork over $20 for someone like allen, shoshan, roubicek... that is just way too much money. and to think you can peter mayhew or kenny baker for the same price. what is wrong with that picture.

the beauty of life is that i can express my opinion whenever and wherever i want.

i'm not politically correct like you, sorry pal. i do enjoy the collecting part of it and i spent plenty of money at the show. it's just a sad state of affairs when some of these people charge so much for something that is worth so little. it's very weak. if you don't like it, i don't care.

Reaction score

Maybe the Clone Wars actors had their fees negotiated by their respective agents? Either way, I don't think that $20 is a high price to pay for their sigs, especially since, as voice talent, they always have paying gigs in that field, and took the time out of their schedules to be there at C4.

Reaction score

Roubicek and Glover I can totally understand the 20 dollar price point. They've been acting for decades. But the clone wars character people, AMy allen etc. were just way over priced.I went to C3 as well and yes AMy Allen's line was huge. reason being=hot women who played a cool hot jedi babe+get to meet said babe and get auto and picture for 10 bucks.Add in another 10 bucks to the equation and its simply too high, especially when you consider, shes didnt have any speaking parts, and for the foreseeable future it doenst look as if she will do any acting.

The over priced auto was the same exact problem that happened with Ralph Brown at c3. A very minor charcater in EP 1 who most peopel dont even think about. He wanted 2 tickets and the fact of the matter is I hardly ever saw anyone at his table.

Reaction score

I'm with you there. Glover I have no issue with and Roubicek, I still hate paying that fee for him. But Allen, Jensen, Orli and the voice people got a little too carried away. I remember C3 and Ralph Brown sitting at his table throughout the show with hardly anyone walking up to him. If you compare C3 with C4 and the lines that Amy Allen had it's an amazing difference. They had to move Allen's table at C3 because she had so many people wanting her signature. At C4, some people asked her but very few. Paying $20 for a bit player (10 seconds in the film) with no talking lines is just plain silly. It would be like Michone charging $20. She was in the movie for two seconds!

I'm wondering where the moral authority of the rebelscum boards is at? mrmforceX, hello? are you there? your always quick to jump on me for criticzing anything. Go for it! don't let me down.

Reaction score

I don't jump on you for just expressing your opinion about prices, I jump on you for just being a jerk and bashing these people. You always pipe back with "PC, and morals". It has NOTHING to do with being PC or even having "morals". It is a simple act of being kind when talking about others.

These actors are REAL people, who try and make a small bit of income with their autos. Next time your offered a raise at work, think to yourself.........are you worth it. Maybe your co-workers are complaining that giving you a 10% raise is just "silly" (as you put it).

My theory....If they are charging a price too high (or you don't like) DON'T pay it. I did that with Prowse this time. I thought 30.00 was too high, so I passed. Do you see me here on the boards bashing Dave? Calling him to the carpet. NO! He is one of the coolest people I have EVER met. I even had drinks with him privately at Celebration I. I always stop by and chat with him for a few minutes, but this time, just would not pay 30 bucks. If they feel they are worth a higher prcie, they have a right to try. Just don't pay if it's too high for you. Then they can't make the income they thought. The price will drop. But, don't bash them personally for trying. They have a right to try and make $$. I don't think this has ANYTHING to do with "morals".

Reaction score

I can't say I've scrutinized swgrapher72's posts in this thread, but the feeling I got was that he was criticizing the prices not the actors. And I think it's valid to express such opinions as feedback for Official Pix on these threads.

Sure, you can "speak with your wallet" by not paying the prices some of the actors are asking, but that only tells part of the story. If no one chimes in about the prices, OP could conceivably assume that Amy's frequent appearances are the reason her autograph is less in demand rather than the price they are asking.

Reaction score

i'm not adressing swgraphers posts necesarrily in THIS thread. He called me out as to why I'm always piping in at him. In the recent past (MANY MANY MANY times), grapher has personally attacked the stars and has been really rude when talking about them. I called him out, and continue to do so. (It's kind of a back to back with us). I guess that makes me the "moral authority" of the boards..........GEESH, give me a BREAK.

I don't think I've EVER expressed my "morals" here on the board.

As for this post, I don't disagree with grapher on all points. I even expressed that in the above post about Vaders auto. I'm just defending myself, when a rude jerk calls me out as the "moral authority"

Give it a rest already...........

Reaction score

Overall, my wife and I were very pleased with the OPX guest list. We got all of the autographs that we wanted (I believe it was 14 in all).

What surprised us the most was how short the lines were for each actor/actress. Granted, we were literally in the first 25 or so people in line for both Fisher and Daniels (we split up on Friday morning for them). All in all, I'd say we spent no more than 4 hours total on line for our 14 autographs, with Baker's line being the longest wait for us (do to the sheer nature that Baker is a slow signer).

Reaction score
Re: Other Star Wars actors

Just curious, but was anyone ever mentioned/or heard about Denis Lawson(sp?) - The "REAL" Wedge- being invited to the celebration? Any thoughts?

Reaction score

I don't think they bother asking him as he wants nothing to do with Star Wars.

He was offered a camero appearnace in Episode 3 like Jeremy Bulloch but refused s i don't think he wants anything to do with Star wars anymore

Reaction score

I was really pleased with the Clone Wars actors. Got all 3 and had time for a decent chat with them all. (Mat Lucas is not returning as Anakin in the new series - they recast, much to his disappointment. Grey is back, though not as Padme or any of the other characters according to her. Tomn wasn't sure when I asked him).

I also managed to pick up the voice actor for Obi-Wan at the Official Pix stand, so really pleased with that.

Reaction score

Lee_c00per said:

He was offered a camero appearnace in Episode 3 like Jeremy Bulloch but refused s i don't think he wants anything to do with Star wars anymore
Thats a shame. I wonder why people shun these movies, I heard the story about the brash doods turning up at his house in a quiet leafy suburb demanding to speak to him. I would like to know what the famous stories are for why Hugh Quarshie and Ralph Brown infamously fell out with Lucas.

Reaction score

Sarahjedi0 said:
Lee_c00per said:

Thats a shame. I wonder why people shun these movies, I heard the story about the brash doods turning up at his house in a quiet leafy suburb demanding to speak to him. I would like to know what the famous stories are for why Hugh Quarshie and Ralph Brown infamously fell out with Lucas.
I think with Hugh and Ralph is was a matter of money. I am fairly certain I have read that somewhere.

Reaction score

Not sure about Hugh but he has been to conventions but I did read that Ralph gave an interview in some magazine that wasnt complimentary to the film, probably completely justified too. Lucas then wrote him out of AOTC.

Reaction score

It wouln't surprise me if it was to do with money when it comes to Hugh as he is a busy actr in his UK show 'Holby City'. Then again, he is a smrt man and perhaps wanted out after the bad press that Episode 1 got

Reaction score

Matthew Wood is definitely a cool person to hang out with. Thats cool you had fun working with him. My Ma & I had a great time workin with him too!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score

Man, I a bit sad that Hamill decided to go to CE and not CIV.

Reaction score

Mark lives in L.A. and did not come through. Maybe he is saving himself for C5.

Or...Maybe he was just saving himself for Celebration Europe.

Reaction score

I heard that he was supposed to make a surprise appearance at C4 but had to go to a meeting in NY.

Reaction score

Leslie_B said:
I heard that he was supposed to make a surprise appearance at C4 but had to go to a meeting in NY.
Yeah he surprised us alright - by NOT appearing at CIV, which was practically held in his backyard.