It's time to talk guests ( Part 2 )

Reaction score
Re: Odd thought

That's what i was getting at really. You could offer Hamill all the money they have for him to attend but becuase these people ask so much to attend you need atlot of people paying alot of money in order to cover the costs and of course like any buisness, they want to make a profit

I guess we'll have to see but Celebration Europe may be a good idea for the likes of Christopher Lee and Ian Mciarmid as CE is on their door srep and is easy money for them and the organisers as they don't need to pay travel and hotel

Reaction score

I have a sneaking feeling Hamill wouldnt come because he usually charges around 75 dollars per auto at the cons, or so ive heard.Official Pix is a business and as such they knew fans would be more willing to pay around 35 bucks a piece for his auto instead of 80.I think it boils down to Hammil wanting to be greedy.(And lets face it peopel Hammil isnt doing anything so important in his life that he can't come to trhis convention).(ANd no I dont want you peopel flaming me saying Hammil may have so many important things to do- it doesnt matter, hes had a year and half to change plans)And seriously what does he do besides jokers voice?

If I had to bet Hammil is prob poed at Lucas for owning his image in SW. If I was Hammil I'd be pissed too.Because you know Lucas has made hundreds of millions off of his image and poor Hammil prob hasnt or doesnt get a dime.

This is one reason I think why Hammil charges so much for his auto.(this is only my opinion of course)

Nonetheless as for the guest list I am stoked because I got the three main people I wanted to come: the actors who played Veers, Piet and of course Carrie Fisher. Daniels was surpising and i am happy about that as well.

But the blatant disegard by Hammil has me fuming, and the lack of respect Mcdirmand is pulling by not making time for this Celebration really annoys me.In fact I really dont understnad all these Stars problems with SW. They chose to act in the movie which was their choice. Now they have to live up and have alittle since of obligation to throw the fans a bone once in a while, because let's face it, we the fans of SW also see these same actors in many other movies. We make them who they are. It seems to me that sometimes they forget that.

And as for CV if it ever comes to fruition. I wont be going if its in LA me thinks casue all this BS of "its in LA well have big stars" has really pissed me off.

Reaction score

And another thing: suppose CE gets a super desirable guest like Mcdirmand, LEE etc. Now how does that look to us in the States. Answer= it feels like weve been shafted.Cew should get some differnt peeps i suppose but lets be honest CE is going to be small in comparison to C4. Regarles of the monetary exchange more money can and will be made in the US.

It wouldnt suprise me if CE gets a few big names if A LOT of fans will boycott the next C4. But maybe thats just me.

Reaction score

Only OPX and the celebs know for sure what happened and why they could/couldn't attend. Maybe it's not as sinister as it being all about the Benjamins. I think you're going to make yourself crazy with all of these assumptions my friend. Anger is the path to the dark side...;)

Reaction score

yodaman1234 said:
And another thing: suppose CE gets a super desirable guest like Mcdirmand, LEE etc. Now how does that look to us in the States. Answer= it feels like weve been shafted.Cew should get some differnt peeps i suppose but lets be honest CE is going to be small in comparison to C4. Regarles of the monetary exchange more money can and will be made in the US.

It wouldnt suprise me if CE gets a few big names if A LOT of fans will boycott the next C4. But maybe thats just me.
I completely agree with you but at the same time you can't blame Official Pix for example if Ian McDiarmid doesn't want to attend C4 if Ian wants to attend CE instead becuase he doesn't have to travel and make more money per autograph

I guess at least Official Pix tried i guess and did the best job they could.

Am i right that Hamill did attend comic-con a few years ago? If he does any kind of event ever in the US then you guys are VERY lucky as we know for a fact that he wouuld never do one in the UK.

Showmasters who run the major UK shows have been tryin to get Hamill over here for years but simply put.... He's not prfitable enough. Mark wants a HUGE appearnace fee before even attending (much more than Carrie Fisher i believe) plus he wants to charge around £45-£50 an autograph. Even showmasters know that although he would still be busy not enough people would pay that much more his auto and that he's simply not worth getting for their events

Reaction score

There's an awful lot of hate in this thread for the various actors that aren't appearing at CIV. No wonder they don't want to come and face 20,000 people, I wouldn't want to do if I'd ever seen the stuff people posted about me on-line.

Besides that, Ford has always distanced himself from the trilogy and its fans so he gets a pass but Hamill doesn't? Why, because he's not as important and therefore not busy and owes us? Do you people even listen to yourselves before you post this crap?

For the 30th Anniversary I would have loved to have seen Hamill, Ford, Fisher, Williams and the costumed cast (Daniels, Baker, Mayhew, Prowse) all on stage for a huge reunion, autographs or not. Apparently that's not going to happen so everyone will have to deal with it.

But, if you can't have fun at CIV without paying to have someone sign your poster or action figure, then maybe this isn't the event for you.

Oh, and for McDiarmid, per Ben he was a possibility but is filming and his schedule didn't allow it. Before you talk a bunch of smack about someone, get your facts straight.

E...

Reaction score

Light your torches because I read in the regular autograph thread that another of the GOH isn't going to make it, so that only leaves us with one more.

Reaction score

It is what it is. If people don't want to come, they don't want to come. Just because you don't think they're busy doesn't mean they aren't. Who are we to assume we know the reason someone doesn't appear at CIV? Sure, it would be nice to see some of these guys, and it made all the sence in the world for Hamill to be there, but wtf. At the end of the day, if not getting his autograph and "meeting" him is going to ruin your trip, don't go. Otherwise there is going to be a hell of a lot of cool things to do. I don't think it can top C3, but who knows?
Just lighten up folks. Good times are ahead.

Reaction score

bearauto said:
You guys heard who's coming to CIV, right?
Not as a signer, and we are talking about potential GOH's. And I have just did a con where BDW didnt even draw 200 fans all weekend so I dont feel he is GOH caliber if he would sign.

Reaction score

jodokast421 said:
how about, " the extras of star wars" imagine th stories that the background characters must have?! I mean come on, so far its just a convention to pick up exclusives , what the dealio
This is a great idea and I hope they do something similar at CE, I went to one of the 'Empire Day' shows while in UK that invite extras and although successfull, I doubt they would be allowed to repeat what they say in a Q&A at an official Lucasfilm event!
I notice some of the more popular extras have started appearing at other shows, I note Salo Gardner, Mike Savva, Dean Mitchell etc were on a panel at Memorabilia a few weeks ago.

Reaction score

Hammil is the most important character in the original trilogy for goodness sake.And I have every rigbht to complain if I so choose to Dad of Mace. I'm not saying that C4 sucks or anythign like that, in fact its goign to be awesome, a whole hell of a lot better than C3. My point is we got fisher and Daniels early on and thats cool but if thats going to be only the 2 guests of honor then why not say most likely these are the only ones well be getting. And no, Jake Llyod does not count as a guest of honor.I am stoked about all the secondary characters like Veers and Piet and stuff I just dont like the fact that weve been dangling for months wanting to see some more big names,tension builds and we get the usual No from the big names.It just feels like there is one big name away form being the best C4 it could be.

Reaction score

i am thinking of not going to c iv now. this group of goh's is awful!!!!!!!!!!
billy dee, cmon. that sucks. he sucks. hamill, hayden, jej, somebody, anybody, but him. i would rather eat the 125 i spent on the badge, than go to this fing ripoff!!!!!!!!

Reaction score

bnrred5 said:
billy dee, cmon. that sucks. he sucks. hamill, hayden, jej, somebody, anybody, but him. i would rather eat the 125 i spent on the badge, than go to this fing ripoff!!!!!!!!
Great!!! One less angry fan to stand in line behind. If your going to be miserable PLEASE don't go to CIV.

Reaction score

i probably won't. can't you see this is a ripoff? i quess bdw is not a goh, so that makes it a little better. i am going to wait and see. so i guess you like being taken advantag of?

Reaction score

DavidOCCA said:
bnrred5 said:
Great!!! One less angry fan to stand in line behind. If your going to be miserable PLEASE don't go to CIV.
I agree. We really don't need that kind of 'scum. Keep your *ss out of C4!

Reaction score

i mean no disrespect to Ben or OP. i am just extemely dissapointed in GenCon again! and just think that all of this could have been handled better by many!

Reaction score

Seriously, you cannot force a guest to come and sign, and if your enjoyment of C4 would hinge on an autograph and 30 seconds of face time...

Well, you know the drill.
Just over a week to go!!!

Reaction score

bnrred5 said:
C4 is optional and Mark Hammil or Hayden Christensen don't owe you anything for showing up to it. And if Billy Dee sucks that bad then you got your wish because he's not signing autographs. Yay for you!
THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Reaction score

I do think there are still some surprises, namely stars who will make an appearance but not be there to sign. And if they aren't there to sign, oh well. It just means I've got more money to spend on something else. I kind of let my imagination run wild win C4 was first announced as being in Los Angeles and so it made me a little dissapointed, but really there is so much going on at Celebration,one thing like that can hardly ruin the experience. It always seems like there is so much to do it can last two weeks and you still wouldn't hit anything. If a lack of a couple of big name signers means you won't be able to have any fun than that's a real problem.

Reaction score
Re: Coupons pickup times

Hey Guys...
Do you know the pickup times to get the pre-purchased autograph coupons ?

Thanks.

Reaction score

He means that you can have one heck of a great time at CIV regardless of how much money you spend on things. Am I correct in this assumption, TK?

Reaction score

emotionalvampire said:
7 days left and 2 GoH left. Do you think we will know who they are before the start?
Ben said there was only 1 potential GOH left. It won't be announced till the convention if the GOH is able to attend.

Reaction score

i wish we could be told who backed out. We were told that IM was a GOH and couldnt attend. I dont know why it would be any different this time. if its MH or JEJ or SLJ why cant we be told?

Reaction score

did Alan Ruscoe play Plo Koon in ROTS? i thought it was Matt Sloan. am i wrong about that?

Reaction score

amdevil said:
did Alan Ruscoe play Plo Koon in ROTS? i thought it was Matt Sloan. am i wrong about that?
According i imdb.com Ruscoe was PK in TPM, and Sloane was PK in AToC and RoTS.

Reaction score

To me, 50 guests signing equals a great time! Too many people are getting caught up on the whole GOH thing. The "smaller" guests are the ones that are fun to talk with, they tell the best stories. When I met Hamill at the San Diego Comic Con it was "hi" and "bye". He was signing so quickly you couldn't even get a decent story.

Reaction score

Cperry06 said:
To me, 50 guests signing equals a great time! Too many people are getting caught up on the whole GOH thing. The "smaller" guests are the ones that are fun to talk with, they tell the best stories. When I met Hamill at the San Diego Comic Con it was "hi" and "bye". He was signing so quickly you couldn't even get a decent story.
Agreed entirely. Someone on another forum also made a very good point in that it seems sceptic collectors that were not into those smaller guests (like myself once) are converted once they go to a show and meet said smaller guests.
I agree the stories are great and dont massage certain peoples egos like the regular guests we've all heard from before.
Jodokash's post about 'the extras of star wars' event sounds like it could be a great idea for a future Celebration, too bad it couldnt happen at CIV, sounds like an opportunity missed for a US event since a lot of other stars seemed to have shunned it, does Ben-Official Pix agree maybe?

Reaction score

amdevil said:
i wish we could be told who backed out. We were told that IM was a GOH and couldnt attend. I dont know why it would be any different this time. if its MH or JEJ or SLJ why cant we be told?
James Earl Jones doesn't go to cons. SLJ will only go if he is promoting something. Mark Hamill is just a jerk about it. He went to the Empire Fan Fest in Jersey in 2004 and he did the SDCC. You think with something like this he would show up. No! I guess he couldn't get the time off from his job at Jiffy Lube to make it to CIV.

Tanks the Lord that Carrie Fisher and Anthony Daniels still have a grip on reality and are still nice to fans.

Reaction score

For this opportunity it would have been just ONE TIME FOREVER and would have been just perfect. I would have thought that for once these celebrities could just maybe have made an exception but then again its probably not a big priority to them to be with the fans or celebrate the movie saga that helped their careers.

Reaction score

im not there untill friday so with my luck the 4th GOH will show up on thurday and ill miss it
. i think the idea of a GOH that "shows up" during C4 makes me a little nervous. i can just imagine hearing "didnt you hear, Portman was in the auto hall but she is gone now..." thats the only thing that makes me worry. To me autos are a big draw. I just hope that when/if a 4th GOH shows up, im in the right place at the right time. But i guess thats the story of all the celebrations

Reaction score

I agree, I dont think there is a PA system in the LACC so if a big guest was to arrive...they may announce it in the autograph room...but the rest would be just luck of word-of-mouth. Which I think could be ,well...a stampede!