IT Chapter 2

Reaction score
Not a big horror person per say (though I love Predator, Aliens), but super pumped to see Part Two(already have my tix for Thurs., Sept. 5). The trailers were incredible, and stoked for the 2 hour, 45 minute running time. Also love the spot-on casting. Even Stephen King said they put character first over scares. May drop the 5.00 to see the Fandango reissue of Chapter One on Saturday night.

Reaction score
I always kind of found IT to be overrated. The novel was so...bloated, uncomfortable, and even just straight-up goofy at times. Giant cosmic space turtle Gods, underage...ah...I'm not even going there, silly monster transformations, etc. King even admitted it was written in a cocaine-induced beige. It really shows! So I really had little to no interest in seeing the movie. I always thought it was one of his worst. He's always been so hit or miss for me anyway, spanning from genius to almost schlock amateur. So when I finally got talked into see it...OH MY GOD! I LOVED IT! It REALLY streamlined the story, made it more accessible which, in this case, I found a good thing and also removed the downright "What the...?" moments from the book. So needless to say, I'm very excited for Part 2.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Couldn’t agree more. My wife is struggling with the book right now, and I’m glad the Part One adaptation skipped all the back & forth time jumping.

Reaction score
Couldn’t agree more. My wife is struggling with the book right now, and I’m glad the Part One adaptation skipped all the back & forth time jumping.
Oh totally bud, the book is....questionable. Kind of a drag read. I pity your poor wife. Hah. It's basically an accomplishment to finish it. It's not an easy read at all. It can even feel like torture at times. So the film, man did it do a good job of changing what I feel was necessary.

Reaction score
I just hope I don't see some idiot on side of road dressed up like Pennywise. Just for them to be stupid as a joke.

Reaction score
Hopefully you’ll feel that way about Chapter Two.
Oh totally bud, the book is....questionable. Kind of a drag read. I pity your poor wife. Hah. It's basically an accomplishment to finish it. It's not an easy read at all. It can even feel like torture at times. So the film, man did it do a good job of changing what I feel was necessary.

Reaction score
This was not as good as the first one. I felt that it was unnecessarily gory. Didn't care for it.

Reaction score
Saw IT last night. It was okay, felt long though. Seemed to drag on at times. Definitely prefer Part 1.

Reaction score
So I saw it. Initial feelings: Did I like it? Yeah! I had fun. Did I love it? No. This one I had some issues with. See of course I was expected it to be more gory and heavy on scares. I think my issue is, with the first that achieved a good balance with character development and frights. This one was much more heavy on the horror aspects and much less on character growth. How I put it was, well, I felt like everyone (outside of Richie) didn't really learn anything new. It's like they regressed back to when they were kids by the end instead of learned and evolved forward. That might stem out of a lot of their adult lives outside of Derry being predominately cut. Also, I was kind of shocked that they just blatantly ripped off one of the most iconic scenes from John Carpenters The Thing. But over-all, I still really enjoyed it. The adult actors were all fantastic, just a few issues I had with the script.

GNT

Reaction score
Watched it but yikes it felt liked it dragged in some parts and felt a little long but overall I did enjoy it. Casting was pretty spot on for a few of the characters.

Reaction score
Length didn’t bother me...especially since I struggled thru that 1100 page book. I actually thought it was paced pretty well, and I was never bored. I thought the casting was exemplary on all the adults.

Reaction score
I enjoyed it, but felt like they leaned WAY too heavy on the comedy. It sounds weird to say for a movie about a killer dancing demon clown, but it got too silly at some points and took me right out of the whole thing. That and, it got kinda repetitive. The cast was spot on, though. Loved Hader, and McAvoy is one of my all-time favorite actors. Some of the scares legit got me, too. It's pretty good, just wish it would have taken itself a little more seriously.

Reaction score
I certainly never lumped the IT films into the traditional horror movie mix. I get your point, but Chapter 1 was laced with a lot of humor too. I feel the character dynamic and interaction is what propelled the first film to a $700 million take. People loved the chemistry between the Losers, and would have been upset if that was taken away from the adult reunion. I never found either Chapter that scary, maybe just the slide projector scene.
I enjoyed it, but felt like they leaned WAY too heavy on the comedy. It sounds weird to say for a movie about a killer dancing demon clown, but it got too silly at some points and took me right out of the whole thing. That and, it got kinda repetitive. The cast was spot on, though. Loved Hader, and McAvoy is one of my all-time favorite actors. Some of the scares legit got me, too. It's pretty good, just wish it would have taken itself a little more seriously.

Reaction score
I certainly never lumped the IT films into the traditional horror movie mix. I get your point, but Chapter 1 was laced with a lot of humor too. I feel the character dynamic and interaction is what propelled the first film to a $700 million take. People loved the chemistry between the Losers, and would have been upset if that was taken away from the adult reunion. I never found either Chapter that scary, maybe just the slide projector scene.
I never found them all that scary either, but I'm pretty desensitized. My dad was obsessed with horror films, so I was raised on horror from an early age. I've probably seen things NO toddler really should have. Hah! But for me, IT is more like horror trope fun than legitimately frightening. Does that make sense? The first flick only got me a few times with fun jump scares than the actual creeps. I will say, the Georgie prologue is and always will be the peak the story has to offer for me..which is somewhat a shame as it's literally the opening. That's about the only thing that disturbs me. I like the rest, but that really is hands down the best scene in all of the two part story IMO. As for clowns, they've never frightened me. In fact, my mom used to be a face painting clown when I was little at local carnivals and festivals and she had (probably nightmare fuel to some) tons of clown dolls. I LIKE clowns. Not to mention, exposure to Batman books I.E: Joker all my life also got me basically used to them.

Reaction score
Finally saw IT Chapter 2 and I gotta say these 2 movies (and I feel you have to see both to really get the whole thing) are probably now my favorite Horror Movies. I like humor in my horror. I like a little absurdity and this had that as well. I'd been waiting for the scene with the old lady since the trailers and I found that to be so over the top that it came back around to cool. I think they wrapped it up nicely with Stanley's letters and how the characters rallied behind each other. When they showed flashes of the younger cast it felt pretty seamless.

You could say there were parts that lagged like the early dinner scene, but they made a real effort to humanize this cast before they threw them into the fire. I also felt they shoehorned in the Henry Bowers stuff and didn't really give it anything of substance, but that's not what people were there for. The clown had some great new and memorable scenes with the older cast and I honestly just wanted to see more. I want to see IT 3 now... not sure how that would work, but this style of movie with the split cast (27 years apart) and with the supernatural 'play with their fears' stuff is awesome and I want more.