Is the Galactic Heroes not a good collectible?

Reaction score
Not sure where to post this, but I dont really see anyone talking about these... are these not cool??

I scored today at Target and got like 6 different 2packs. I really really like them..

Is Hasbro continuing this line in 2006?

Reaction score
I don't collect them because they seem to be aimed at younger children (well, arent most Star Wars toys?
)

They seem cool and kinda cute, but unlike the more collectible Star Wars stuff, these seem to be made almost exclusively for small kids not old enough to play with real Star Wars figures.

Reaction score
I like the Galactic Heroes more then the RoTS and im 27 years old.

Ahh..im just confused how people are saying that Galactic heroes are only for young children, while they are buying 2 of each RoTS to put up on their walls or to army build..

I havent discovered the line used between adults and children on the action figure front..

Reaction score
I agree, I really like the Galactic heroes. I mailed off for the free 2 pack of figures through burger kings promo, haven't got those yet but I still got some. I origianally bought them for my son. But after finding the Obi-wan and Darth Vader I think these are really cool. I can't wait for the Anakin-Clone 2 pack.

Reaction score
I enjoy Galactic heroes, although I've never actually boughten one pack. Someone usually gives me there extras and I also got some from the mail away. I do hope they continue this line they are pretty cool little guys.

Reaction score
Galactic Heroes I can handle, but those retarded [censored] Force Battlers can take a hike as far as I'm concerned. I would have zero interest in those even if I was a kid, how do I know? Cause I still think like a kid from time to time and I can always tell what toys I would have been into if I was still 7 years old. I probably would be big into the WWE figures and the Turtles toys. Also I would have liked the Batman figures as well.

Reaction score
I would only buy a set with your favorite character to just use as a cute little ornament for your office or desk.

GNT

Reaction score
Personally I'm not that interested in them, with all the toys, vehicles and whatnot Hasbro produces it's abit hard to collect it all so a few things Galactic Heros and Force battlers I can live without

Reaction score
I'm with GNT on this one. Besides, it's pretty clear that, now that the films are over, Hasbro is focusing more attention on getting other demographics into the Star Wars collecting frey. Force Battlers and Galactic Heroes are, without a doubt, aimed squarely at the under five crowd. But, if in the process of trying to get some new younger buyers (or their parents anyway) Hasbro manages to get cross-over bussiness from their core fanbase then I'm sure they're not going to complain at all. It's a win win situation.

Reaction score
I think they're good once you have a lot of them. For 2 at $5, that's enough to get a good collection started. I don't see them as 'collectible' per se, so I let my children play with them (and keep the regular SW figures for myself
)

Reaction score
Personally I'm only interested in the Yodas and clones from this line. All else doesn't matter much to me.

Reaction score
If kids are buying it and collectors are ignoring it, then it is more likely to become a great collectible in the long run.

Reaction score
My son is 3 and he loves these guys. We have quite a few sets already. They can really take a beating. We also have the regular figures, and he just loses the pieces and body parts( our C3-P0 is in 5 pieces). We also have the 2 ships. He really likes that they make noises.

Aryn

Reaction score
I have a few of them myself. The Stormtrooper 2 pack, the Yoda and Sidious, and a Boba Fett Galactic Heroes keychain which I found yesterday at K-Mart. I think they're pretty cool to put on my desk for only $5.

Reaction score
I think they're pretty cool but definitely aimed at the younger generation.

Reaction score
I've always liked these, back when they were Playskool. I like the packaging of the GH, but I've got some extras to open and I let my cousins play with them when they come over.

Reaction score
Cool is whatever you think cool is. I don't collect them myself, but I know a bunch of collectors that do and think they are just the cutest things.

Reaction score
Years from now when people like us who usually get one of each figure fad away the GH will be rarer imo because we don't all collect them.

Reaction score
Yeah, it will be interesting to see because I don't think the original Star Wars line had much of a preschool aspect to it. I'm not sure how old preschool toys typically do in the market, if they have the same or more or less of an emotional attachment to a person as they grow up. My guess would be less though, because I don't really care about the old preschool toys I used to have. The Gilligan's Island bathtub playset was fun at the time but as an adult I don't have much interest in it. But these Galactic Heroes are a neat variation on Star Wars toys that should hold interest for collectors. A casual collector told me the other day that he wished he had started collecting them when they first came out. It was kind of surprising because I thought they were a neat novelty when they first came out, but now they are wearing a bit thin to me and I'm not that excited for new releases.

Reaction score
What did they give you for the BK galactic Heroes? are they carded and the same as the store releases?

Reaction score
galactic heroes are very popular....I know a few people who collect them....I only like a few myself...

A friend of mine wanted the playskool falcon badly....

Reaction score
My son is four and I started getting him the Galactic Heroes sets and then the ships. He now has a great interest in Star Wars and know many of the characters and all of the main ones because of this toy line. I think that was the point of the line and I will say it worked.

I am excited that my son like something that has been so meaningful to me and it is a great excuse for me to play with Star Wars toys and collect them.

Reaction score
Force Battlers? Horrid.
Galactic Heroes? Awesome!

I love buying these for my son, he really likes them! Even my 15 month old daughter gets excited when she sees them on the pegs!

My son turns six in October, but I just don't think he's old enough for the regular figs/vehicles. Until he is, these will tide him over.