Is Now A Good Time To Sell?

Reaction score
Hello all,

Hoping everyone is doing well.

I've reached the point where I can't see myself collecting any further. Prices keep going up, especially for the POTF figures (the ones I still need) and I can't keep up with that. I'll be finishing High School this year, I've become interested in other collectible markets, all that stuff. I plan on keeping the First 12, some of my Fett's, and POTF Anakin, but that's about it for now. Even with other toy lines, is it a sellers market right now? I plan on hanging around the forums, collecting autographs and all that, but the toys take up a lot of space, and by the looks of things, I may be able to get a decent return on some of my stuff.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but this is the one I frequent the most. If anyone is looking for anything specific, feel free to let me know.

Cheers,
MasterRizz

Reaction score
Better to sell too early than too late.

I’ve been contemplating “cashing out” also. I recently sold some things that I had in storage at my house that I didn’t have room to display. I am amazed at what some of it went for. I won’t lie, I had some serious anxiety I as packaged some of it up. I was second guessing myself the whole time. At the end of the day I hadn’t seen most of it in years so I couldn’t rationalize hoarding it away to not be seen or enjoyed.

Reaction score
If you are going to cash out, now is a pretty good time. Loose and carded prices are really high. Other toy lines are also pretty crazy.

Reaction score
I’m still in shock you’re in high school and have a potf anakin👍 Sell off a few things and see how you feel about it. I’ve sold a bunch of stuff the last few years and it has made me keep the pieces I really enjoy. Sometimes smaller collection of few things you truly enjoy is better than the “collect them all” collection! As Kenner76 said prices are high for loose and moc so now is a good time. K

Reaction score
Generally speaking selling at this time of year may be good because people are starting to get there income tax refunds depending on when they filed.

Reaction score
I won’t lie, I had some serious anxiety I as packaged some of it up. I was second guessing myself the whole time.
That's my fear, the regret aspect of it. But, then again, I figure once I have cash in hand I'll probably feel better about it.

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the input. I think I'll start listing stuff tonight. Cheers all.

Reaction score
I’m still in shock you’re in high school and have a potf anakin👍 Sell off a few things and see how you feel about it. I’ve sold a bunch of stuff the last few years and it has made me keep the pieces I really enjoy. Sometimes smaller collection of few things you truly enjoy is better than the “collect them all” collection! As Kenner76 said prices are high for loose and moc so now is a good time. K
I inadvertently started collecting in fourth grade, and I got seriously into it in eighth grade. The Anakin was from my first toy show. I agree with the 'less is more' mentality here. Collecting them all is a bit too taxing on my wallet. Always good to hear from you K.

Reaction score
Hello all,

Hoping everyone is doing well.

I've reached the point where I can't see myself collecting any further. Prices keep going up, especially for the POTF figures (the ones I still need) and I can't keep up with that. I'll be finishing High School this year, I've become interested in other collectible markets, all that stuff. I plan on keeping the First 12, some of my Fett's, and POTF Anakin, but that's about it for now. Even with other toy lines, is it a sellers market right now? I plan on hanging around the forums, collecting autographs and all that, but the toys take up a lot of space, and by the looks of things, I may be able to get a decent return on some of my stuff.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but this is the one I frequent the most. If anyone is looking for anything specific, feel free to let me know.

Cheers,
MasterRizz
Shame to sell anything but everyone has their reasons and I respect that.

Remember the old saying: Sell when you CAN, not when you HAVE too.

Reaction score
as much as I love collecting, I'd say wait. I'd say wait another 20 years, especially if you have any of the vintage stuff from 77-85, I'd bet they'll make a few more sw movies in that time frame and the original vintage stuff will be worth even more (except for anyone that collects jarjar binx figures. I'm saving mine for retirement and hoping to have them all complete in the next year (especially my custom ewok village I'm making for my ewoks and atst)

Reaction score
Am I the only one from the old times who never took a hiatus? I went straight from playing with Kenner, to playing SW:TRPG and collecting Kenner.

Reaction score
Never having taken a hiatus is a special level of nerdom, you should wear it as a badge of distinction. I'm not sure how long my SW collecting hiatus was, maybe a decade or something? Eventually most shift interest to girls / guys, and then find the hobby down the road again as an adult.

As for the topic, if you're not attached to an item and it no longer brings you joy - dump it like bad stock. If you have to think more than twice about a certain item - don't do it, especially if it has childhood memories. I've purged a couple dozen items over the last year (though nothing Kenner), and I'm glad they're gone. All the items were either extras, or in storage to begin with, so they weren't part of my "active" collection.