Is HASBRO getting a competitor with NECA ?

Reaction score
Just discovered THIS NEWS and I am wondering if Hasbro might get some hard times in the near future with their TBS FX items or helmets.

Although not mentioned in that press release, I bet NECA could try to get their feet into action figures too, and although NECA is more in the 7" scale I bet the folks at big H. might already start sweating

Reaction score
Seriously, you created a new thread to pose a question that could easily just go in the regular Black Series discussion thread. C'mon man, your cluttering up the forum with unnecessary new threads. It makes discussing topics more difficult when everything is scattered in separate threads. You did the same thing with all the want list threads last time. Slow down, please.

Reaction score
Don't worry, it seems my post from earlier wasn't even registered. lol

So to summarize, no, I don't think it will be competition because at the end of the day Hasbro makes toys that Collectors buy. While this appears to actually be a high quality Collector item focused at collectors and likely a higher budget. As cool as the stuff that Hasbro makes look, it's still a plastic toy in feel. So I can see where it would be nice to get something with a little more durability/heft to it along with the looks of realism.

One thing I have been curious about recently though, is if McFarlane could possibly be seen as a contender for action figure line now that they have secured some great success with DC. That Company seems to be rising in popularity and is now covering several IP's, so is it possible they might be in consideration to take over the License when Hasbro's deal ends?

Last edited:
Reaction score
The product images are the exact same images used by Anovos as well as the prices being the same. Coupled with the additional announcement that this "new" company will attempt to fulfill many of the existing Anovos orders, I am guessing that Rubies and NECA got together and bought out/did a corproate take over style move with Anovos and will be using their Molds, hence the latin translation of the name being "A Fresh Beginning"-Novo. It's not that Rubies and NECA partnered together and were granted the "High End" license out of the blue, but they went to Disney with the plan to take over ANOVOS's production and right the ship, and in order to do so they bought out ANOVOS.

The "many" products that ANOVOS costumers might still get will probably be those items they are currently listing, the Helmets and products that that ANOVOS had the production needs to produce in House in US, like the Molds or the Patterns. Anything like the Kylo ensemble that was wholly sourced out to CHina probably still won't ever come to fruition because ANOVOS lost the apterin's and molds to their Chinese factory and can't get them back, but anything whose means of production was present at the Texas facility has been taken by Rubies/NECA and will get made.

Reaction score
Type 'retroblasting neca' into youtube search and watch the video that is all you need to know. Terrible company fooling people.

They look great in the box though!.

Reaction score
I wouldn't buy a star wars neca figure ever. If the neca figures take a tumble off a shelf, they might get a leg or an arm snapped off. Just like my Predator.

My Antman-BAF took a dive a while ago. His arm just snapped off. So its not like Hasbro figures are immune to breaking.

GNT

Reaction score
Judging by the Royal Guard helmet at $650+ there’s no comparing a role play item for kids to play with compared to a high end collectors item destined for the shelves.

Reaction score
My Antman-BAF took a dive a while ago. His arm just snapped off. So its not like Hasbro figures are immune to breaking.
While not immune to it, as I too have had a joint snap on a few in my lifetime, but their percentage of breakage is much higher than Hasbro's in my experience.

Reaction score
While not immune to it, as I too have had a joint snap on a few in my lifetime, but their percentage of breakage is much higher than Hasbro's in my experience.
Certainly. NECA stuff will break directly out of the package or even while in the package sometimes.

Reaction score
Dang, y'all are making me nervous about my Neca Goliath Pre-order.
I've never had a Neca figure before 😬

Reaction score
Dang, y'all are making me nervous about my Neca Goliath Pre-order.
I've never had a Neca figure before 😬
Never had ANY issues with Neca figures so far, and I have quite a few. The only broken piece I have so far is Vasquez' Smart Gun muzzle effect, wich broke after a shelf dive during dusting session.

McFarlane are way more fragile and already broken in box, IMO ( shelf full of broken GoT Dragons at local GameStop )

Reaction score
Yeah, mine are mainly Predator figs and maybe it's due to them being intently bulky. McFarlane was another one that made very brittle figures in the early days, I can't speak to their products today because I only have a couple DC figs still in package.

Reaction score
I think that NECA does a great job with figures. I would love to see them get into Star Wars figures.

Reaction score
With the high end price points of this "new" company, there is no way Hasbro will have anything to worry about.

Reaction score
I saw that this is a partnership with Rubies, so it seems like it's going to be very oriented towards costumes. And the use of the words "HIGH END" in the press release seems to indicate that it's going to be at a higher price point than what Hasbro does with their Black Series helmets and lightsabers.

NECA is a great company and I really like what they do. But I wouldn't look at them entering the Star Wars licensee realm with this Rubies partnership as more than it is. They do great work, but can they offer product at the scale that Hasbro does worldwide? And the answer to that is probably no. Because if anyone is having notions that NECA could or would take over the master toy license that Hasbro has for Star Wars, I'd say that those ideas are off-base. The only toy companies that have the scale to do something like that would include Mattel and Bandai.

The one possibility that NECA might offer is something along the lines of what they did with Marvel. That was for some 1:4 scale figures. And I don't recall seeing those flying off shelves.