Is anyone going to the Avengers casting call?

Reaction score
Is anyone planning on going to the Avengers casting call for paid extras this weekend (6/15-6/16/2011)?
I'm going to try and go on Saturday.
If anyone else is going let me know. It would be nice to meet up and pass the time.

http://www.cleveland.com/avengers/index.ssf/2011/07/casting_call_for_the_avengers.html

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Casting for "The Avengers" will be from noon to 4 p.m. Friday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, at the Holiday Inn Independence, 6001 Rockside Road, off Interstate 77.

Interested people should dress in their "best business executive outfit" and be well-groomed.

The studio said all prospective extras must be at least 18 years old and should bring a pen to fill out an application.

Photos will be taken at the casting.

[/QUOTE]

Reaction score
"Well-groomed"-- well, that takes out at least half of the fanboys!

I thought about it and think it would be fun, but I am passing due to previous commitments. Actually, I have a friend who works "on the inside" who could just get me in, but now he doesn't want to do it either.

Reaction score
Was definitely thinking about it. Anyone know anything about these casting calls. I.E. what are the chances of getting in, what they are looking for, etc.

Reaction score
All I know is they need 2000 people.
I'm actually on the fence right now about going. At 6'7" tall and 300 lbs., I'm not exactly the type of person who blends into the background.
I'm trying to decide if standing in line and sweating up my suit is worth it.

Reaction score
Maybe they are looking for someone with those traits? Who knows I guess. Depends on how far you are too though. I'm only 20 minutes away with nothing better to do, so I figure why not.

Reaction score
goalieman0820 said:
Maybe they are looking for someone with those traits? Who knows I guess. Depends on how far you are too though. I'm only 20 minutes away with nothing better to do, so I figure why not.
I'm only about 20 mins. away too.
I'll see how I feel about it come Saturday.

Reaction score
BIGJIM said:
goalieman0820 said:
I'm definitely out after reading this
Don't really feel like waiting around outside for 4 hours in a suit

Reaction score
goalieman0820 said:
BIGJIM said:
goalieman0820 said:
I'm definitely out after reading this
Don't really feel like waiting around outside for 4 hours in a suit
Same here.
I saw that yesterday and was like "okay, is this really worth it when it's going to be 90 and humid?"