Iowa Rebelscum hook up

Reaction score
What does everyone say about getting together sometime in the near future and doing something, such as a "figure focus exchange", or "secret Santa" exchange, I know its not Christmas anymore. I think this would be great fun. Any suggestions about a place, time, exchange of items, etc. Just a thought, could be a lot of fun.

Reaction score
Nobody up for this.......I think it would be AWESOME to all get together, maybe not

Reaction score
Where were you thinking? I'd be up for it if it wasn't too much of a drive. I have some off the card POTF2 figures and newer for some lucky person. This being the new year maybe people don't want to fill up their schedules just yet. I'll stay posted and maybe it will just be the two of us.

Reaction score
At this time, totally open to suggestion, just thought I would throw it out there and see what we could come up with collectively.

Reaction score
Sounds like fun but my availability is totally up to my work and home schedule right now.

Reaction score
Well, I'd meet in Des Moines. Its kind of a centerical point to Des Moines, and I'd think it'd be easiest for everyone. Maybe Jay could help us out. I vaguely recall reading of some Iowa Collector Club Obi-Wan Kevnobi set up? I think that maybe he and Jay could discuss.... Maybe on a night or a weekend that there won't be any games (Heroclix, Minis, whatever.) I dunno, he just seems to be the best thing I can think of.

Jerry seems to be the one setting this up, but I think he'd need a helper. Just a thought.

Actually, thinking about it, Monday night might work, since its Heroclix night, RevanandMalak and I will already be there, but we will be playing fourty minute games there. The only probem is, I can't really be anywhere without my mom since I don't know about half of you, so Monday will be the easiest day for me. That's why Monday would be best, because I go anyway.

But that's considering we are all meeting. I think, and you else can do whatever you want to do, is PM what you want (explained in a bit,) to Jerry, and he could arrange pairs and you could just meet your partner on a certain day, but talk amongst themselves.

As for focuses (focii?) a price minimum should be set, but I'd say, not too low, but not too high. We do have younger members to think of, but that could be later. I dunno. Another thing to consider with a price limit, how do you determine value? Say the price limit is, oh, $20. One person could buy two carded Stormtroopers for someone who says, "Stormtroopers." Another could bring in a handful of the same Stormtroopers for another person who says the same thing. Did the first be a cheap-o? Or did the second go overboard? Or is that up to the person who received it up. A good thing to discuss would be being specific with what you want. If the first person who got the carded Stormtroopers said, "Carded VOTC Stormtroopers," that is $20 of carded VOTC Stormtroopers. If the second said, "Stormtroopers, open or carded," then they would have a good deal, I'd say. I guess the point would be, be as specific as possible and just give what YOU think is fair for whatever price set.

Just offering ideas, use how you wish. Not bashing the idea, just offering ideas.

Reaction score
RevanandMalak said:
You got some points TheKid but I don't think monday nights would work unless it was before heroclix.
I thought I said that...

Nope, guess I didn't. Thanks for pointing that out, my bad.

Reaction score
TheKid you have a lot of useful information, I like the pairs part, those of us who do not live in Des Moines, or the decided place, could carpool with others to save on gas. I would really like ideas, and a helper you be greatly appreciated, any volunteers
I know that we will need to plan this out, I couldn't do anything till at least the end of February, or so. I think a Saturday may work best, the week days are always VERY busy for me. Just PM me with ideas and any help you can offer, and lets get a head count so far it just seems like 3-4 of us, if that's it, that's OK. Here from you all soon, by PM and this thread.

Reaction score
Yeah I think it would be a good idea for the Des Monies colecters to meet together and the like the Waterloo guys to meet in Waterloo.

Reaction score
Doesn't sound to bad to do it that way first, then later in the year if we want to do a BIG get together we could, any suggestions on that ides?

Reaction score
That's true, and if we are going in pairs then it would be best to try and pair by area.

For a big one, I think one of the meetings could be at the I-Con for this year. It just seems like an easy idea. Not sure of the date though.

Reaction score
TheKid said:
That's true, and if we are going in pairs then it would be best to try and pair by area.

For a big one, I think one of the meetings could be at the I-Con for this year. It just seems like an easy idea. Not sure of the date though.
That sounds like a great idea, not else major happening in this state.

Reaction score
When is the I-Con usually held? And is there an exhibition (dealer) room? Do people sell just comics or figures as well?

It's been hard to find good shows around here for about a decade now...last great convention I went to was "Xanacon" in 1997

Reaction score
davelennox said:
i'm in fairfield. travel is hard, but maybe could host in nice weather.
That's kinda what I was thinking....late spring, early summer?

Reaction score
If a Des Moines hookup occurs, post it up here. I've got gobs of modern (1995-2001 or so) MOC's for trade if anyone would be interested...

Also, more information on the I-Con event would be helpful