Inquisitor's TIE Fighter

Reaction score
If you're in Canada, keep your receipt and get your $5 GC on each toy on Friday. Both are advetised in the big toy book today. If you can spend $100 from Nov14-20 there's a $20 off coupon.

Zk9

Reaction score
Tie Inquisitor Repaint

Hi All! My first post to this forum and hope to share with everyone here.

Got this TIE last month and I couldn't really stand the plain colours (although I must admit, for the price, the colour and quality was not bad)

Haven't seen it in action yet so this is the repaint version, did the panel lines, slightly dirty grey, probably Inquisitor's TIE after an intense dogfight. :)

Streaks on the wings

Alongside the large wing TIE (thinking of repainting that as well!)

Reaction score
Nicely done. I love the remodeled TIE released as a Target exclusive about five years ago. It really looks great with the BMF.

Zk9

Reaction score
Nicely done. I love the remodeled TIE released as a Target exclusive about five years ago. It really looks great with the BMF.
Thanks! Are you referring to the Legacy Collection TIE with the red windshield on the cockpit? If that's the one I like it too, probably gonna get that to add to the fleet.

Reaction score
when I heard that the Inquisitor was going to be flying a TIE Advanced X1 I was all "thank god we're getting a newly tooled Vader TIE" and then I saw this. This is NOT a TIE advanced. This is a TIE prototype :p
If they produced the TIE Advanced/Avenger from the old TIE Fighter game, my Star Wars room would look like the inside of an Imperial Star-Destroyer hangar: stacked with TIE Advanced fighters.

Even so, I'm thinking this is "a" TIE Advanced, so I'm thinking a small squadron would be nice. Picked up my first one today. We'll see how that goes. ;-)

Reaction score
Thanks! Are you referring to the Legacy Collection TIE with the red windshield on the cockpit? If that's the one I like it too, probably gonna get that to add to the fleet.
Yes, despite a slight EUish tint, it is quite adequate for me.

Reaction score
Your profile shot is quite nice. The profile looks something like the wings of a Lambda-class shuttle.

Hi All! My first post to this forum and hope to share with everyone here.

Got this TIE last month and I couldn't really stand the plain colours (although I must admit, for the price, the colour and quality was not bad)

Haven't seen it in action yet so this is the repaint version, did the panel lines, slightly dirty grey, probably Inquisitor's TIE after an intense dogfight. :)

Streaks on the wings

Alongside the large wing TIE (thinking of repainting that as well!)

Reaction score
I bought this one and like how the ship looks from the outside, but I think the interior could have been a little better. I think a seat like in my old Kenner Darth Vader TIE Fighter would have been better. The way it is now, when you fly it around, the figure goes tumbling all over the place. I also wish a little more light could get into the cockpit so you could see the figure when he's inside. I have never done any customizing before, but am trying to think of a way to get a little more light in there. The ship I got came with the Inquisitor and was a pretty good deal though, so overall, I'm happy with it. My daughter likes flying her Bubble Guppies around in it too, so there's another plus!

Reaction score
I recall that there were some ties that had cut outs in the top to allow light to come in. Maybe something like that would help.

Reaction score
LEDs and fiber optics to light up through control panels? :D

A bit of a jump for a first time custom, but would be impressive!

Zk9

Reaction score
LEDs and fiber optics to light up through control panels? :D

A bit of a jump for a first time custom, but would be impressive!
I'm workin on that for the large wing tie! Hope it comes out ok...:)

Reaction score
The TV show shows this TIE landed with the wings folded. Do the same thing with the toy and it rocks around and doesn't stay still.

Reaction score
The TV show shows this TIE landed with the wings folded. Do the same thing with the toy and it rocks around and doesn't stay still.
You're contractually obligated to be playing with the toy at all times, so setting it down isn't allowed. Read the manual!

Reaction score
In the past couple weeks since I got this ship, I've tried fitting most of my 5poa figures into the cockpit, and surprisingly, most don't fit. As I said in a previous post, the Inquisitor fits easily, but tumbles all over the place if the ship is anything but upright. I have Kanan, Ezra, Zeb and a Stormtrooper from the Rebels line, but out of them only Ezra can fit. Darth Vader can't fit either which is a shame. A few figures like Darth Sidious and Snowtrooper fit really well though. The problem is that the ship doesn't really work with figures that lean back a bit when they sit, which is most of the modern 5poa figures, or with figures who have longer legs than the Inquisitor. In my old 1985 Kenner A-Wing, most of my modern 5-POA figures fit like they were made for it. The Inquisitor's TIE Fighter is a nice looking ship, it's just too bad that the cockpit wasn't designed to fit most of the figures in the line. It's really a shame that the Rebels Stormtrooper and Darth Vader can't fly this thing. It's too late now, but in the future I hope the Hasbro designers try to make their ships work for more than just a few figures.

Reaction score
You're contractually obligated to be playing with the toy at all times, so setting it down isn't allowed. Read the manual!
Agreed. It's a TIE Advanced, for Goodness' sake. Like seriously - you have something better to do than play with your new TIE Advanced Starfighter? The only exception is that you put the TIE Advanced on display WHILE playing the TIE Fighter game. This is acceptable, as long as you're sweeping aside fleets of A-wings in the game.

Reaction score
How is it that it's 2014 and the pain-apps have gotten worse? I mean, they couldn't even black out the rear window?

Reaction score
Speaking of vehicles the Inquisitor space travels with, I would love for Hasbro to do the Imperial Troop Transport Shuttle. I think Rebels' Gathering Forces design is very similar to ANH's shuttle during the Imperial search party scene. Scale so it fits one figure in the cockpit and have the body of the ship be a deployable Imperial Outpost with a Speeder Bike (Rebels design) launcher.

Reaction score
Speaking of vehicles the Inquisitor space travels with, I would love for Hasbro to do the Imperial Troop Transport Shuttle. I think Rebels' Gathering Forces design is very similar to ANH's shuttle during the Imperial search party scene. Scale so it fits one figure in the cockpit and have the body of the ship be a deployable Imperial Outpost with a Speeder Bike (Rebels design) launcher.

This is a Sentinel-Class landing craft, isn't it?

Reaction score
This is a Sentinel-Class landing craft, isn't it?
Not quite a Sentinel, it appears to be party based on it. But it's much much smaller than a Sentinel. I hope it shows up in the show a lot so Hasbro can justify making one. I think it looks like a Sentinel/Lambda hybrid. More so than the normal Sentinel does. If you can find pictures of it from the show, you can see it looks more like a large Lambda than a small Sentinel.

Reaction score
I think it's meant to be the same vehicle. Hasbro already have most of the tooling:

Reaction score
Wow that is one nice custom Sentinal!

But the one in the cartoon can't be a Sentinal. It is just simplely too small. Sentinal's are suppose to be able to carry upwards of 80 Troops and various numbers of AT-STs and speeder bikes. The one in the cartoon looks like it could probably hold two squads at most.

but to get back onto topic, I hope Hasbro is able to re-release the Inquisitor at some point with his flight helmet. Just seems weird now after seeing it on the show and not having it for the figure.

Reaction score
Wow that is one nice custom Sentinal!

But the one in the cartoon can't be a Sentinal. It is just simplely too small. Sentinal's are suppose to be able to carry upwards of 80 Troops and various numbers of AT-STs and speeder bikes. The one in the cartoon looks like it could probably hold two squads at most.
I'm sure that information comes from a source that is EU and therefore doesn't count. All that we know is that we saw one taking off in the ANH:SE, and saw what...6 sandtroopers around?

Reaction score

Please. PLEASE no shrunken vehicle nightmares! the fact that you said the above will put ideas in corrupt Hasbro's head! How about a shuttle large enough to put an army of Stormtroopers and Speeder Bikes inside with two figures in the cockpit? not some shrunken monstrosity that sheeple collectors accept without question as you suggest!!!

Reaction score
They won't make a large shuttle after the low sales of the Republic Attack Shuttle, which was more aggressive than this vehicle. I'd much rather have a scaled down ship, than no ship at all. These are different economic times, and Hasbro isn't as willing to make larger ships as they were in 2012. We can be happy if we get The Ghost, at any scale.

Reaction score
They won't make a large shuttle after the low sales of the Republic Attack Shuttle, which was more aggressive than this vehicle. I'd much rather have a scaled down ship, than no ship at all. These are different economic times, and Hasbro isn't as willing to make larger ships as they were in 2012. We can be happy if we get The Ghost, at any scale.
I absolutely agree! As much as large scale vehicles are cool, I'd rather have one produced than none at all, as well.

The Sith Infiltrator is one example: sure a large scale version would have been amazing - but in the end, I'm completely happy with the scaled-down version Hasbro made.

:)

Reaction score
One of the things that hurt the Attack Shuttle is that they got it out entirely too late. It was hardly in any episodes at that point. They missed the mark. There for a while it seemed like it was in every episode or every other episode and then nothing. I just hope with future vehicles Hasbro gets away from the hollow shell crap they keep going with. Like the last Republic fighter tank, the scaled down Slave One or the Troop Transport. On the outside it looks perfect, but they screwed up with the cockpit. They should of made it slightly larger and more like it looks inside in the cartoon and on the old classic version of it. It's a shame when Kenner made it better 30 some odd years ago than Hasbro can today with all their fancy modern tech.

Reaction score
The Sith Infiltrator is one example: sure a large scale version would have been amazing - but in the end, I'm completely happy with the scaled-down version Hasbro made.
I disagree.

I love the Sith Infiltrator - It is one of my favourite SW vehicles of all.

The Hasbro p.o.s interpretation is just awful. The stupid "split apart" feature that doesn't even close properly is utterly misguided. They could have saved on the extra complex tooling and just cast a larger hollow (and screen accurate) vehicle and it would have been far superior. Together with the legs-falling-off-out-of-the-box-AT-TE and the landing-gear-falling-off-BMF this is one of the ultimate Hasbro vehicle disappointments.

I would rather they never made it and left the idea to languish in Sail Barge limbo land. The very fact that it never came out in 1999 with the big Maul push (yet the Fambaa and Flash Speeder did????) will never ever make sense to me. Insane.

Reaction score
Boy got one these for xmas from his grandma and I like it. He doesn't care for reduced articulation but he likes the inquisitor figure even though he sucks at holding his lightsaber.

Reaction score
The RAS was basically a one- or two-man fighter with a lot of extraneous plastic, was it not?

Reaction score
Target Canada has these and the shuttle on Clearance today. Starting at 30% off, and should go lower every couple of weeks. C$17.49.

Reaction score
Target Canada has these and the shuttle on Clearance today. Starting at 30% off, and should go lower every couple of weeks. C$17.49.
I just wish the targets in my area would have stocked them. I have looked for months trying to get the Inquistitor w/ TIE and Phantom with no luck. It has been an nightmare trying to find Rebels toys for my boy. It would be nice to be able to order them from Target Canada's site, and have them shipped to the US.

Reaction score
I just wish the targets in my area would have stocked them. I have looked for months trying to get the Inquistitor w/ TIE and Phantom with no luck. It has been an nightmare trying to find Rebels toys for my boy. It would be nice to be able to order them from Target Canada's site, and have them shipped to the US.
Target Canada doesn't really have a website. Not that it really matters now that they are all closing down.