Inquisitor's TIE Fighter

Reaction score
all i know is that I want a few of these...perhaps 4-5 depending on price. I'd love to have one for the Inquistor, and perhaps the other 3-4 can be for either Royal Guards or Stormtroopers (if I ever find them at retail)

Reaction score
What I find odd is that it seems the wings folded up would be landing mode, but if you try that with the toy it will rest on the cockpit area and do the "rolley polley".

Perhaps in the show it docks on a rack, like ties, but from a toy perspective the feature seems redundant now.

GNT

Reaction score
Looks like it'll come with the Inquisitor figure as well:

Reaction score
Its just a scaled down vader's Tie with Maul's Infiltrator wings attached. Probably the art team was playing around with kenner/hasbro vehicles and came up with it.
I think they used an old fan made "Republic" TIE Fighter as a base for it. It was a new ship mod made for the PC game X-Wing Alliance over 10 years ago. The old RPG books use to mention that the Republic first designed and built the TIE and it was often called the Republic T.I.E. Fighter. Darksaber, one of the finest modelers for XWA, made one based on the wings from Maul's ship. That was probably back around 2001. Don't know if I can post a link, but just look up Republic TIE Fighter in an image search. It'll be the first picture that comes up. Sadly there aren't that many pictures of it out there anymore, and even his old site seems to be gone.

I'm looking forward to getting one of these, cool new TIE and hey I guess this is the first TIE Fighter Hasbro has ever made that isn't using any parts made in the 1970's on it. So I guess the Target version comes with red lasers/missiles and the Inquisitor and the normal one comes with green lasers/missiles and no pilot yeah ?

Reaction score
Good to know the Inquisitor will be included anyway. A possible purchase, depending on how much I like the show. I certainly like both designs.

Reaction score
Good to know the Inquisitor will be included anyway. A possible purchase, depending on how much I like the show. I certainly like both designs.
according to display, the vehicles will be mass released w/o figure at $24.99 (USA$) then later at target as excl that incl. respective figure..no price approx given for target excl version though

Reaction score
I kind of want this but I don't like how the outside portion of the wings seems to lack solar panels. What's up with that? It reminds me of a Vintage TIE where the stickers peeled off.

Reaction score
That was common to the Hasbro released Jeid Starfighters, both AOTC and ROTS fighters had the wings with the solar panels. Hasbro I believe came up with this and the movie tea liked it so much they incorporated it into the new Jedi Starfighter and the V-Wing.

Reaction score
Fixed, damn typos and lack of edit:

That was common to the Hasbro released Jedi Starfighters, both AOTC and ROTS fighters had the wings with the solar panels. Hasbro I believe came up with this and the movie team liked it so much they incorporated it into the new Jedi Starfighter and the V-Wing.

Reaction score
I may get this, depending on the size. I like the design of it, which reminds me of Vader's TIE. If it fits in with the Revell snaptite model TIE Fighter and Vader's Advanced TIE, then perhaps I might go for it. Just would like to know if they can look good enough together. There's also the matter of whether I can find a spot for it.

Reaction score
To me, this vehicle almost certainly appears as/looks like/probably is/etc a predecessor to Vader's TIE. Whether it was meant to be or not (going by "Rebels story lines"), doesn't really sway my decision on wanting one or not. I do plan on picking one of these up, regardless. The only thing that I am somewhat unhappy, w/this ship, is that it appears a bit too clean for my taste but that can simply be fixed with the stroke of a brush.

Reaction score
I was going to buy a couple when they finally get to the UK, to firstly customise one with proper gun wells and cockpit interior and to cannibalise the other for the screen accurate cockpit window to put my other large-winged 'Shadows of The Empire' TIE Fighter. pics will follow once both are done...

Reaction score
Saw one the other day...it was to bad I was broke otherwise I would have got it.

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics. Do you have any showing the cockpit? I want to see how detailed it is. Does it even use the same ejection seat that the other Ties had or is it just a sparse cockpit with not much detail?

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics. Do you have any showing the cockpit? I want to see how detailed it is. Does it even use the same ejection seat that the other Ties had or is it just a sparse cockpit with not much detail?
Its just all grey just like most of the vehicles no color :(

Reaction score
Pretty cool design, I'm glad it's different from Vader's Advanced Tie.

Reaction score
Hope there is an intention to rerelease the big-winged, updated-cockpit TIE (to my knowledge, the Target-exclusive TLC-era "SOTE" version is the only one to see terrestrial retail) concurrent with "Rebels." I am going to assume the OT version of the TIE will be outmoded by the timeframe of EVII.

Reaction score
To me it looks, too much like Vader's. I think I may have prefered something between Vader's and Maul's design for this guy.

Reaction score
I do, but technically vader is still around during his time. So it's not exactly like a pre-Vader era ship. And IMO Vader should be the first to get something new, not some Jabroni.

Reaction score
I'll buy it for the kids as it looks to have decent playability....assuming this thing will be found at retail ~ $20 sale etc

Reaction score
How well do figures actually go into it? I see the preview on the box, but you never know. Those folding wings are killer, though. I'm wondering if I should've picked this up over the AT the other day.

Reaction score
Do the folding wings lock in place in the "up" position, or do you have to kind of eyeball them to get them symmetrical?

GNT

Reaction score
I like the design of the ship, if it shows up here and it has a huge screen presence then I'll pick one up.

Reaction score
I don't know, I haven't seen ANY Rebels figures...I could try a Tie Fighter Pilot.

Reaction score
just opened mine last night but haven't tried putting a figure in the cockpit yet. still it's an awesome looking ship.

Reaction score
Don't understand Hasbro's logic of releasing vehicles with no figures to go with them.