Inquisitor's TIE Fighter

GNT

Reaction score
The Inquisitor will be flying around in his new ride - A TIE Fighter which can be seen here.

Any thoughts on this? Who's going to buy it?

Reaction score
I'll have to see it in person. Looks a little flimsy, and I'm not quite sure what the folding wings have to do with the toy. Hopefully it's not just how they had to make it to fin in a box.

Reaction score
My only concern is scale - since this is the Saga line, it's probably going to be tiny. The wings don't bother me so much, it's pretty clearly an attempt to transition from Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator to the familiar TIE profile.

Reaction score
Wait a minute. The boxed TIE in the background is listed as The Inquisitor's, but is a traditional TIE Fighter. The one with the curved wings is not labeled. Is this just a mix up or does The Inquisitor have the traditional TIE?

Reaction score
I saw that. Either the box is a prototype print or there are two TIEs coming and the regular one will be a re-release of the POTF2 mould.
Both skippers for me - don't like the curvy wing design and I always hated the zillions of EU TIE variations.

Reaction score
Mixed feelings about EU TIE's, some look terrible, like the TIE Scout and others are absurd (TIE Crawler). This Inquistor TIE looks pretty good to me, though.

Reaction score
Out of interest I'd like to see it with the (obviously articulated) wings folded down. Wouldn't change my mind though.

Reaction score
Out of interest I'd like to see it with the (obviously articulated) wings folded down. Wouldn't change my mind though.
I think with the wings folded down it's going to look like Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator without the snout. Seems kind of neat.

Reaction score
Don't know if I'll pick it up or not, but it looks cool. I was definitely expecting the Inquisitor to have a cool ship to use in hunting down Jedi, and this qualifies.

Reaction score
when I heard that the Inquisitor was going to be flying a TIE Advanced X1 I was all "thank god we're getting a newly tooled Vader TIE" and then I saw this. This is NOT a TIE advanced. This is a TIE prototype :p

Reaction score
Wait a minute. The boxed TIE in the background is listed as The Inquisitor's, but is a traditional TIE Fighter. The one with the curved wings is not labeled. Is this just a mix up or does The Inquisitor have the traditional TIE?
I was thinking maybe the ship comes with interchangeable wings? you know, smaller standard straight TIE wings and these weird retooled Darth Maul ship wings? the only thing I hate about the ship is the horrible firing rockets where the guns should be.

Reaction score
That would be great, but it's highly doubtful.

Stupid plastic missiles have been ruining the tie advanced for almost a decade.

Reaction score
I'm kinda intrigued by it...

As peeps have earlier mentioned, it does indeed appear to be a kitbash of the Sith Infiltrator's radial fins (opening) and fin struts - while the SI's long nose / fuselaged cockpit has been removed and replaced with a simply TIE cockpit (or TIE Advanced cockpit).

I could be partial to this - and am wondering if it has any other unique features making it specific to the Inquisitor - rather than just a mash-up of SI and TIE Advanced...

:hmm:

Reaction score
Yeah I was a little confused about the labels, but if his is the slant-winged TIE, I'll definately be getting it. The Sith Infiltrator is my favorite vehicle, and I like this PT/OT bridging we'll be seeing with this show. So far I'm on board for the Inquisitor, that Imperial Agent guy, this ship and that AT-ST prototype. Glad to have some Star Wars stuff to look forward to again!

Reaction score
It would boil down to scale and if it holds up next to the Vintage Tie's. Having said that, I usually end up buying a lot of toys cause I like Star Wars or the general design or for customizing. Good thing about the Clone Wars released vehciles was that they were fully compatible with the regular line.

Reaction score
Some amazing new pics of this TIE on the front page, looking at the cockpit interior it is a totally new sculpt different than the new TIES of late, with seating to accommodate a 5POA figure. As you all know i am not a HUGE fan of the whole firing missiles action play feature but I'm sure i could do a custom with the standard TIE Gunwells to replace this feature? I must say I am warming up to this ship:

Reaction score
It's like a mini-TIE (And I could be wrong, but the new ship interior looks very much like the one included with the Clone Wars Homing Spider Tank and Octuparra Droid). Could be neat.

Reaction score
It's like a mini-TIE (And I could be wrong, but the new ship interior looks very much like the one included with the Clone Wars Homing Spider Tank and Octuparra Droid). Could be neat.
Yeah, I recognised the design too, although the side 'walls' look a bit different don't you think? like they should have the red stripy TIE Fighter interior sticker detail on them. I'm definitely gonna get one and have a go at replacing the interior with the new TIE Fighter interior. i have a couple of the new tooled TIE Interceptors spare that I can take apart and use in a custom, I will also replace the 'missiles' for the interceptor guns wells too. It would be good to have a 'seated' interior for a figure instead of the plain 5POA seating.

Reaction score
Details are different and the Homing Spider Droid's interior required figures with bending knees, this Fighter is designed with 5 POA figures in mind.

Reaction score
Looks too small. The painted on glass for the canopy window is cheap. I'll probably buy one but one is it, it does look to lack some other detail work which may make it stand out from the realistic format Tie's. The rebel vehicle is too cheap altogether, looks like a small bathtub with combined with the front of a Y wing.

Reaction score
I really, REALLY like this. I love the look and even the scale. It feels VERY retro Kenner to me. Like a ship they would have made up or something -- and yet it looks VERY Star Wars... Love this!

PS -- And yes, a TIE SHUTTLE would be beyond EPIC.

Reaction score
Yes this is an awesome ship. Has a very "vintagey" feel to it

Reaction score
Its just a scaled down vader's Tie with Maul's Infiltrator wings attached. Probably the art team was playing around with kenner/hasbro vehicles and came up with it.

Reaction score
Looks too small. The painted on glass for the canopy window is cheap. I'll probably buy one but one is it, it does look to lack some other detail work which may make it stand out from the realistic format Tie's. The rebel vehicle is too cheap altogether, looks like a small bathtub with combined with the front of a Y wing.
Oh my goodness, I never noticed that! I must be getting rather lax at scouring over the details! If that's the case I wonder if the TIE Interceptor 'lid' would fit? someone said that these vehicles are the part of the shrunk-down or smaller vehicle agenda of late so the Interceptor top canopy lid may not fit when I do a custom. Back to the drawing board methinks if this is the case. I still get so wound up by the whole horrible firing missiles instead of gunwells, why do Hasbro do that??? I know it's play value for the kids and all that rhetoric, but at least give us collectors the choice so we can swap out the missiles for standard gunwells that can be slot in place where the missiles are? like they did with the AT-ST and Snowspeeder many moons ago...

Just found this (digitally enhanced) promotional pic on jediinsider.com:

Reaction score
The firing barrels is cheesy and take away from the more realistic detail work, many of the Star Wars vehicles unfortunately suffer from this as we all know. The vehicles are made for kids while trying to get the adult collectors more than parents to pay for them as children cannot afford vehicles on any allowance savings. I think the legs are a bit too long for such a tiny fighting pod on that AT-DP and it lacks any defensive armament aside from the main gun. The old kenner lower chassis and legs probably would've been better if Hasbro wasnt such cheapwads - and atleast you'd be able to move the legs. I'd buy two At-DPs as they look like ok scout vehicles or light sentries, dont think they'll stand a chance in front line combat.

The Tie thing I think would need actual gun barrels installed to get rid of those rounded blunt safely missiles which throws the whole vehicle into disarray. Could use it as a scout vehicle or something but it looks like you can blast it outve the sky with Han's blaster.

Reaction score
The firing barrels is cheesy and take away from the more realistic detail work, many of the Star Wars vehicles unfortunately suffer from this as we all know. The vehicles are made for kids while trying to get the adult collectors more than parents to pay for them as children cannot afford vehicles on any allowance savings. I think the legs are a bit too long for such a tiny fighting pod on that AT-DP and it lacks any defensive armament aside from the main gun. The old kenner lower chassis and legs probably would've been better if Hasbro wasnt such cheapwads - and atleast you'd be able to move the legs. I'd buy two At-DPs as they look like ok scout vehicles or light sentries, dont think they'll stand a chance in front line combat.

The Tie thing I think would need actual gun barrels installed to get rid of those rounded blunt safely missiles which throws the whole vehicle into disarray. Could use it as a scout vehicle or something but it looks like you can blast it outve the sky with Han's blaster.
With my constant scouring of all the photos I have poured over, I don't think it would be a problem to put in the new tooled guns of the recent new TIEs in the sockets of where the ridiculous missiles sit. That is depending on how deep the holes are and how wide the missile socket is. As for the cockpit hatch i am hoping that this TIE is in scale with the other recent ones so I can replace the painted window one with a nice transparent one from the recent TIEs. We will have to wait and see until it is released for sale, when are these on sale? was it stated at Toy fair?

Reaction score
I have no idea on the release date, probably in sometime in August or October at around the time the toon starts hitting the air. Someone better informed could maybe give a date.

Someone has to get to work casting Tie Fighter barrels, otherwise am thinking of installing barrels from Anakin's Jedi Star Fighter from the micro CW series..

Reaction score
I have no idea on the release date, probably in sometime in August or October at around the time the toon starts hitting the air. Someone better informed could maybe give a date.

Someone has to get to work casting Tie Fighter barrels, otherwise am thinking of installing barrels from Anakin's Jedi Star Fighter from the micro CW series..
I was also hoping to remove the 5P0A seating and replace it with the new TIE seat and cockpit interior, I also wonder why Hasbro have never had a triangular view plate thingie in the centre top part of the cockpit window?

Reaction score
Looking at the window of the Inquisitor's TIE Fighter you can clearly see that the window is a completely new sculpt:

New sculpt TIE Fighter:

Inquisitor's TIE Fighter:

Reaction score
Replacing the cockpit sounds like tedious work, not sure how tall it is to the roof as the seating compartment is made for the 5 point straight leggers, sitting height may be an issue. Am hoping to not worry over this and wait around until the new movies which most likely feature newer Tie Fighters as I have a feeling the Empire will be back and that those new vehicles will be in proper scale.