Infinities Darth Vader (Comic Book Appearance)

Reaction score
🤷‍♂️ I haven't kept up with that Disney-era gobbledygook.
I'm not really sure what to think of those explanations they've come up with.
However I do believe they were inspired by ancient Japan and katanas once again - I remember hearing something about certain blades, but this is most likely also coupled with superstition of old.

Perhaps @MyenShi knows more?

Reaction score
Haven't they made some explanation about lightsabers that once they've been bled red, they go white after purging the dark side?
I think Ahsoka's white lightsabers used to belong to a Sith/darksider.
You’re spot on. I think they went into it in the Ahsoka YA novel.

Reaction score
I'm not really sure what to think of those explanations they've come up with.
However I do believe they were inspired by ancient Japan and katanas once again - I remember hearing something about certain blades, but this is most likely also coupled with superstition of old.

Perhaps @MyenShi knows more?

The only thing I can really think of specifically Japanese is Shinto purification. White is the color of purity for many cultures and it’s predominant in rituals of purifications in Japan, from the robes to salt to the wand used.

But I don’t know if there’s actually any Japanese influence to Ahsoka’s lightsaber color. White is a pretty universal color for these sorts of things.

In universe, Ahsoka purified the Kyber crystals she recovered from the Inquisitor she killed (Sixth Brother) and used them to build her lightsabers.

Also, I liked the Star Wars Infinities comics but it’s weird to see Darth Vader the White again. And it was such a brief appearance; Hasbro couldn’t come up with a better candidate?

Reaction score
The only thing I can really think of specifically Japanese is Shinto purification. White is the color of purity for many cultures and it’s predominant in rituals of purifications in Japan, from the robes to salt to the wand used.

But I don’t know if there’s actually any Japanese influence to Ahsoka’s lightsaber color. White is a pretty universal color for these sorts of things.

In universe, Ahsoka purified the Kyber crystals she recovered from the Inquisitor she killed (Sixth Brother) and used them to build her lightsabers.

Also, I liked the Star Wars Infinities comics but it’s weird to see Darth Vader the White again. And it was such a brief appearance; Hasbro couldn’t come up with a better candidate?

I was thinking more in the terms of superstition regarding blades, some are thought to be evil etc.
But still, thank you :)

Reaction score
I was thinking more in the terms of superstition regarding blades, some are thought to be evil etc.
But still, thank you :)

That would probably be the legends associated with Sengo Muramasa’s blades, which were believed to be cursed due to his violent temperament.

The belief was that his swords craved and needed blood before it could be sheathed, compelling its wielders to violence.

Reaction score
Would it have killed them to give this a shorter skirt and a blue or clear lightsaber? The skirt clearly doesn't go past his knees in the source material

Reaction score
New sculpts would be cool, the problem is this is just another repaint line for Hasbro. But even taking that into account, there are so many other figures that would sell more than this lame duck.

Dr Aphra is a hard to find figure today and has a current ongoing comic book.
Jaina Solo again is a hard to find figure and has a ton of EU books behind her.
HK-47, a new head on that Rebel Security droid would be an easy kitbash.
A proper Black Krrsantan made from the savings of the other 3 figures being already sculpted!
Jiana Solo was a hard to find figure? I ended up getting her at a significant clearance price as she lingered on BBTS for quite some time and at Gamestop stores around me.

Reaction score
Just spotted the local pre-order price for white chocolate Vader and it's more than deluxe throne Boba. Those price hikes are beginning to manifest noticeably. I guess you get a pretty box comic vibe etc but geez. Would be a simple custom job though replacing the blade and trimming of the skirt suppose.

Reaction score
white chocolate Vader
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

And yet, I fully admit - I scoffed and swore up and down, there was no way I'd ever purchase Jaxxon, and yet ...

(I blame isolated quarantine shopping therapy.)

If I had more disposable income and could get the the white chocolate Vader for $25, I'd probably bite for the hell of it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

And yet, I fully admit - I scoffed and swore up and down, there was no way I'd ever purchase Jaxxon, and yet ...

(I blame isolated quarantine shopping therapy.)

If I had more disposable income and could get the the white chocolate Vader for $25, I'd probably bite for the hell of it.
I didn’t.

Reaction score
Would it have killed them to give this a shorter skirt and a blue or clear lightsaber? The skirt clearly doesn't go past his knees in the source material

So true. I mean they have to put zero Mold/design $$$ into this product. It's already made and has been reissued and used multiple times. It's a simple make it again, this time in white. Just a few minor details to this would have made it so much better/correct for this release. On top of that they increase the price and call it a "Special release" These issues are the kind that should be brought to the Star Wars Brand at Hasbro spokes people. They are never asked any hard questions. So, they get away with things like wrong springs on the VC Slave-1 two times in a row. The VC X-Wing which has been reissued multiple times with the same weak wings because of poorly designed parts that are suppose to hold them up and into position. Boba Fett deluxe with fingers that break off if you pose him with his rifle, etc etc, etc.

Last edited: