Indianapolis V8.0

Reaction score
Alvin, I'm sorry to hear of your loss. My condolences to you and your family. If there is anything we can do for you, please don't hesitate to ask.

Reaction score
Sounds like the meeting went well. Wish I could have attended if circumstances would have allowed. My father passed early this morning, he is at peace.
Alvin, sorry to hear about your father. I am happy to hear that he is at peace though. Hopefully you are able to take whatever small amount of comfort in the knowledge that he is no longer suffering. Your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Here's one for you Todd.
I really like the look of this one. The mirrored effect comes across much better in the circular nature as apposed to the vertical tendencies of the past designs.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So sorry to hear of your loss, Alvin. My condolences to you and your family.

I wish I could have attended the get together this past Saturday. Sounds like everyone had a great time. Looking forward to attending the next one.

Reaction score
Actually I like it better without. But I really like the new design. I would make the suggestion on the split one to change the bottom text to read from right to left Collecting Community, if that makes sense

Todd

Reaction score
I dig the twin sun with the vaporator and the logo around the outside. Nice job Matt. I agree with Todd on changing the bottom to read normal from left to right. The mirrored concept is cool, just hard to read at first glance. Also, if not going the mirrored route could the middle two horizontal lines be removed and the state "reconnected"?

Reaction score
Hows the Facebook page coming?
Here is the public page:

https://www.facebook.com/indianaswcc

Feel free to like it and to send to everyone that likes Star Wars or collecting in General. If there is anything that you would like to see us repost (like G.I. Joe news) let me know and we can add pages to our likes.

The private group is "under construction". We will be sending out the invites once we sort out the dues list. Thanks again for all the support everyone. We hope to prove to be an asset to everyone's collecting needs.

Reaction score
Here is the public page:

https://www.facebook.com/indianaswcc

Feel free to like it and to send to everyone that likes Star Wars or collecting in General. If there is anything that you would like to see us repost (like G.I. Joe news) let me know and we can add pages to our likes.

The private group is "under construction". We will be sending out the invites once we sort out the dues list. Thanks again for all the support everyone. We hope to prove to be an asset to everyone's collecting needs.
I would love gi joe news!

Reaction score
Both logos are good, I like the Luke silhouette. But the circle one does read better at a smaller size. That might come in handy when it's used on small things like buttons and stickers.
I went to the Ash Comic show on the east side this last sunday. Closest Space Collectibles had a table with quite a bit of Star Wars stuff, but not much else besides them. I think a lot of the regular dealers were doing other shows that weekend since there were quite a few empty tables.

Reaction score
Is anyone looking for the Target 31" Shocktrooper on clearance?

we found a bunch at the Lafayette Target on the way home last night. We got an extra one in case someone was looking for one. It was 50% off!

let me know if you're interested!

Reaction score
Here are the 3 final designs for the fan club logo. We're going to get a banner printed very soon and want to post the logo on our facebook page, so would all members please vote A, B or C for the logo they prefer as soon as possible. Thanks everyone.
A B C

Reaction score
For something larger, like a banner, I think "A." works. For smaller things "C" is my favorite of the circle versions. But maybe with the "Collecting Community" type reading from right to left, the same as it is on "B"

Reaction score
Guys for those interested in going to the Indians Game on Friday here are the details. We are going to sit in the lawn, I called yesterday and there are 1200 lawn tickets still available but they said it might sell out, so maybe get them in the next couple of days. My family will try and get there around 6:45ish and claim some area in the left field lawn, game starts at 7:15. I know a few of you showed some interest at the meeting so hopefully we will get a good turn out. I know Matt and Amber are planning on going, as is Brian Deguire and his family as well, and Todd R and his daughter are interested as well. Everyone is welcome maybe just drop me a note so I can keep an eye out for you. Tickets are on you own.

Friday Fireworks & Star Wars Night
Victory Field will be turned into "a galaxy far, far away" as the Indianapolis Indians host Star Wars Night. Special activities include Star Wars character appearances, an interactive photo booth, plenty of in-game entertainment and more! Stick around after the game for a Spectacular fireworks show.

Reaction score
For those of you, who could not make the last meeting and would like to pay your dues, we dont have an official account yet but Alex nd94md99 is our VP of Finance. Send him a PM and he can direct you the best way to pay.

Thanks
Todd

Reaction score
Hopefully this will be the last time I have to bother you guys with this. It looks like logo B is the winner, but I've made one small adjustment. I wasn't satisfied with how the sandcrawler ended and the state began so I added some curves to give the impression that the sandcrawler is rolling over the dunes. Let me know if you like it and we will proceed with the banner. Thanks again.

Reaction score
I like the illusion that the Sandcrawler is driving on the state and not part of it. Makes it look less like we don't know how to outline our own state. ;)

Reaction score
I concur! That's a very nice touch Matt!!

Also, Sara and I should be able to make the game tonight!