Indianapolis V8.0

Reaction score
Hey Gang,
With the new forum launch, and the old thread getting close to the 500 post mark thought we could start fresh here.

Todd G

Reaction score
Wow...the Forums looks different. Haven't been on the boards in a while and everything changes!

If anybody is curious & was not sure whether to go with lithos or T-shirt @ Best Buy, I picked up the Blu Rays @ Target this morning & the lithographs are pretty nice. Approx 10.5" X 6" so not very big, but the paper is an "art quality" thickness & textured. I am impressed for a freebie. The lithos mirror the inner sleeve art work on the packaging. Packaging is very nice (similar to Alien set)

Reaction score
Stopped by TRU yesterday, ran into Outback Matt, they are having a nice sale on SW stuff. 30% off figures from Vintage, Legends & Clone.
Was super excited when Matt told me to check the front of the store cause they had a Republic Commando and Force Unleashed set left. Snagged them, another TRU exlusive Assassin Spider Droid & Clones, and a few Stormtroopers since they were on sale.
Wish we could get some new Vintage stuff soon...

Reaction score
I picked up the Lithos from Target this morning. I also ran into the Collector at Keystone Wally, not much there or anywhere else right now.

Reaction score
Posted yesterday before the forums shut off that I received my Toys-R-Us Death Star Trench pack. The package is HUGH! You thought the AT-AT box was big, wait until you see this set. The retooled X-Wing is nice. I like the launcher and compartment on the bottom, the removable cockpit controls and there is a place to put Luke's Lightsaber. The TIE is just a repack as are the figures. Otherwise worth picking up for the X-Wing.

Picked up the BluRays at the Brownsburg Wal-Mart on my way home last night. I saw a guy who grabbed a handful of the posters who did not even purchase the BluRays. I only took one poster since I bought the BluRay set and the Lego movie. I bet he will try selling these or something.

Nothing new for figures on the SouthSide this morning. Well back to work.

Reaction score
What is everyone finding the Bluray set priced at around town? Just curious if any of the stores have gone much below $80. I paid $79.96 for mine at County Line Road Walmart.

Also scored the Walmart poster, the Boba BBQ Pringles can, a popcorn tin with Boba on it and a second Saga Legends Boba that I have been hunting for.

Then this afternoon, I managed to secure the 12" Sideshow Boba Exclusive version for only $151 after cashing in some Sideshow points.

Reaction score
The cheapest I've seen the bluray is $80 at wally and Best Buy. My lack of being up to speed with technology paid off for me today. I got the saga bluray for $40 at Best Buy when I purchased a $99 panasonic bluray player.

I finally spotted some new Clone Wars figs at the Southport Target today. They had a single case of the shirtless Savage wave.

Also ran into Boba Binks at the Greenwood TRU this morning. The tru had a trench run pack on the shelf in the feature section as well. I also picked up Sif from the Thor line while I was there. They still had the rest of the wave when I left.

I also received the Trench Run pack from tru.com as well as a case of the Bastila/Echo Base Trooper wave from BBTS over the last couple of days. .

Last edited:
Reaction score
You got the complete 9 disc set for $40 or one of the trilogy packs for $40 when you purchased the Bluray player?

I could use a second Bluray player and this would be too good of a deal to pass up if it is the 9 disc set.

Reaction score
What is everyone finding the Bluray set priced at around town? Just curious if any of the stores have gone much below $80. I paid $79.96 for mine at County Line Road Walmart.

Also scored the Walmart poster, the Boba BBQ Pringles can, a popcorn tin with Boba on it and a second Saga Legends Boba that I have been hunting for.

Then this afternoon, I managed to secure the 12" Sideshow Boba Exclusive version for only $151 after cashing in some Sideshow points.
Anyone get an extra Walmart Fett poster they don't want? I stopped at Walmart on Friday and they were no where to be seen. Probably people grabbing extra's to throw up on ebay. If anyone has one they want to get rid of let me know. Thanks!

Reaction score
Anyone get an extra Walmart Fett poster they don't want? I stopped at Walmart on Friday and they were no where to be seen. Probably people grabbing extra's to throw up on ebay. If anyone has one they want to get rid of let me know. Thanks!
You can have mine. Wanna trade for something?

Reaction score
Finally found some of the new Clone Wars! Just came from the Avon Target. They have the set of Clone Wars figures with; Clone Commander Jet, Hondo Ohnaka, Plo Koon (Cold), Savage Opress (Shirtless) and ARF Trooper. I picked up a set and there is still about a half a set on the pegs. They are openers all the tops are squished down like the box was smashed or something. I found them all hidden behind the vehicles so I put them on the pegs.

Now to find the other two waves of the Clone Wars figures.

Reaction score
Finally found some of the new Clone Wars! Just came from the Avon Target. They have the set of Clone Wars figures with; Clone Commander Jet, Hondo Ohnaka, Plo Koon (Cold), Savage Opress (Shirtless) and ARF Trooper. I picked up a set and there is still about a half a set on the pegs. They are openers all the tops are squished down like the box was smashed or something. I found them all hidden behind the vehicles so I put them on the pegs.

Now to find the other two waves of the Clone Wars figures.
Did they have the new Boba Fett prototype sticker on them or the same 'ol Clone Wars online game bullsfuff?

Last edited:
Reaction score
You can have mine. Wanna trade for something?
Sure...tried to send you PM to see what you might be looking for. Unfortunately when I try to send it I get a message that says I am over quota and can't send a message and you are over qouta and can't recieve a message. Anyone else having this problem or know how to fix it???

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sure...tried to send you PM to see what you might be looking for. Unfortunately when I try to send it I get a message that says I am over quota and can't send a message and you are over qouta and can't recieve a message. Anyone else having this problem or know how to fix it???
Brian,
Check you mailbox, in particular the sent mail. You need to have under 250 messages. It imported all my sent messages when it flipped over.

Hope that helps
Todd

Reaction score
Hey Brian. I got my Inbox sorted, so there shouldn't be any trouble with the the PMs now. The poster isn't worth much. Do you have anything laying around that is comparable in value that you don't want? I collect mainly vintage stuff.

Reaction score
Finally found CW39 Hondo @ Target in Fishers on my way home from work. They have 2 CW53 Snow Plo & 1 CW56 ARF left.
My lord they must have had 20 VC 4-LOM's clogging up two hole pegs.

Reaction score
Just a reminder - Saturday October 1, 2010 from 10am-3pm I am having a Star Wars / Collectible Garage Sale.
I have many Star Wars toys (loose / packaged - POTF2-present), a few Gentle Giant items, a few SideShow items, Hallmark ornaments, Indian Jones, Lego figures, and a few other odds and ends besides Star Wars.

PM or e-mail me for my address so you can get here.

Reaction score
Some of you may have seen the post here about Hasbro reps pulling peg warmers from the shelves at Target/Wal-Mart...I noticed today on the east side it looks like that happened at those 2 stores as well as TRU so there is hope that room might be there for new stuff if it ever shows up. They didn't however pull any figures from the Wal-Mart aisle cubes-which is all wave 5, which is a shame b/c there are yellowing helmets on utapau clones and uncorrected stormies in that wave, destined to peg warm for another year.

Reaction score
Collector's Meeting

Well it looks like October will probably be a wash. One thing after another has come up. The target dates now are the first weekend of November. That would be Friday the 5th, Saturday the 6th or Sunday the 7th. Any of those days will work for me. If anyone who wants to attend could let me know on this thread or pm me then I'll decide on a date and move on from there. My wife and I will provide most of the food. I was thinking of BBQ pulled pork and chicken and maybe a taco/burrito bar with some sides as well. But there's time yet for those kind of plans. Thanks.

Reaction score
I could be there nov 7th:) sounds like a great menu! If I can bring anything let me know.

Reaction score
Meeting

What happened to the October options? Sounds like a great time is planned, but I will be in California visiting family Nov 1-8 so I won't be able to attend.
I was looking forward to checking out your collection, Matthew!
Alex

Last edited:
Reaction score
TRU email last night showed that ALL SW figs (including vintage) are going to be on sale on Friday and Saturday for 2 for $12.99. Looked like no coupon is required.

Reaction score
TRU email last night showed that ALL SW figs (including vintage) are going to be on sale on Friday and Saturday for 2 for $12.99. Looked like no coupon is required.
Is this in store only? Hopefully it is a last ditch effort to clear pegs because they are planning for the big holiday push by ordering lots of new items from Hasbro...wishful thinking???

Reaction score
What happened to the October options? Sounds like a great time is planned, but I will be in California visiting family Nov 1-8 so I won't be able to attend.
I was looking forward to checking out your collection, Matthew!
Alex
Alex, are you saying that I'm not more important than family?

I'm also available the 11th, 12th and 13th of November if that works for everyone. Let me know and I'll start making plans.

Reaction score
Wow, was at the WM in Noblesville last evening and they must have had 20 fresh cases on a special display in the middle of the toy section. All wave 2, 5 & 6. I don't see the distribution issues clearing up anytime soon. Unless this is just one final push to unload what is clogging up the system before they recall them.

Reaction score
TRU Sales

I visited all 3 local Toys R Us stores between Friday and Saturday in hopes of taking advantage of the 2 for $12.99 sale. I left empty handed at each location. I'm finding the sales on Star Wars merchandise to be wonderful... if the things I was looking for were in stock, I'd be buying. I'm really looking forward to the distribution issues resolving soon. I still have yet to see a rebel fleet trooper on the pegs. Hoping for the Bastilla / Ponda Boba wave soon. Has anyone seen that wave at retail yet?

Reaction score
Looks like the TRU sale has been extended to this week as well. In today's ad:

2 for $12.99 on ALL SW figs
Vintage Y-Wing for $29.99 ($10 off)
Free CW Commander Blackout figure with a $30 purchase

Hopefully with the older Vintage figs getting pulled recently in Greenwood (and other locations), they will get something new-ish in before the sale is over. Currently hunting for a Vintage Logray and Echo Base Trooper to add to my Son's Christmas/Birthday loot stash.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I will be around that entire weekend, Matthew.
Have others chimed in yet about dates?
Colts host Jacksonville at 1 pm that Sunday.
Alex

Reaction score
Alex,
OutbackMatt is good with Sunday, but I've not heard back from anyone else since the date change. If it is on Sunday, it would be after the game. Maybe around 6 or 7pm.

Reaction score
I ran into the Hasbro rep for the Northside (Carmel, Noblesville, Fishers) @ Target in Castleton today. Figured I check for new stock since there are so many reports of wave 9 showing up at other Targets around the country.
Of course they didn't have any wave 9 yet, rep even checked stock in the back for me, but she was pulling all the peg warmers. She said she had just finished at Target in Fishers and TRU in Castleton. She was pulling Sandies, Clones, 4LOM, Cloud Cars and a few others. She said once Target updates their system tonight an order should go out to replenish with new cases!! We should see new VC very soon she said.
I thought it was funny because she did not have a clue what she was pulling. She pulled a bunch of Episode III clones with the regular clones, she realized the mistake and had to sort through the pile in her cart and put them back.
I asked her what happened to the figures once she pulls them, she advised that she packs them up and ships them back to Chino, CA and they end up at Big Lots and places like that.

Reaction score
TVC Wave 9

Picked up Ponda, Bastilla, Echo Base Trooper, and a RFT at the Greenwood Wally this morning. They put two cases out but someone beat me to the other set of the new figs. They still had 2 each of the remaining figs from the cases when I left.

Reaction score
Picked up Ponda, Bastilla, Echo Base Trooper, RFT and a B-Wing pilot at Pendleton Wally this morning, they put out 1 case. (first new vintage figures for this store in over 4 months)

Reaction score
I hit the Wal-Mart on 86th St. this morning. I picked up a Ponda Baba I needed. They had the pegs somewhat full of figures (mostly damaged) and I saw some of the "REVENGE" cards if anyone is collecting them.

Reaction score
Collector's Meeting

Hey guys. The "pending" official date for the meet-up will be Saturday, November 12th @ 6pm. I'll have most of the food provided, but I'll need drinks and desserts if you could help out. So lets start a sign-up sheet of who can come and what you would like to bring. Significant others are encouraged to come as well.

I'll be out of town next week, so if anyone has any questions, I'll get back to them when I get back. Thanks a lot guys.