Indianapolis V 7.0

Reaction score
Re: Local finds

DarthNoah said:
Ordered 2 VC figures from TRU online and when I opened the box the idiot that packed it had jammed the card down and then put that paper packing on top of it. Card was completely mangled....way to go TRU....off to TRU on lunch to return it....grrrrrrr.
Picked up CW Commander Colt - CW52 @ Castleton Target yesterday though!!
There didn't happen to be another Colt or the Riot Clone there as well, did there?

Reaction score

I saw the Attack Shuttle at the Southport Target. As tempting as it was, I couldn't drop the $80 for it.

Reaction score

Made the rounds in Lafayette (if you're up that way) today:

Target - picked up four new battle packs (Assault on Geonosis, Cad Bane's Escape, Hunt for Grievous, Defend Kamino). Also got the Class 1 Fleet Republic Scout Speeder and Y-Wing Scout Bomber, and just like Boba Binks above, I got them for clearance prices - right around $4.50. They have done their reset there, and had several Skystrikers for you Joe collectors.

TRU - Found the Stealth Ops Clone Trooper, and picked up the Geonosian Warrior with Speeder Bike. Someone beat me to the Rebel Transport. Does anyone know if that Transport vehicle/figure is a straight repack of elements from the Scramble on Yavin BP, or if something has been changed up?

Reaction score

The Toys-R-Us Rebel Transport is a straight repack of the vehicle and figure. Nothing has been changed from what I could tell from the one The Collector picked up today.

Reaction score

Big thanks to The Collector for hooking me up with a couple figures I wanted!

Reaction score

DarthNoah said:
Ordered 2 VC figures from TRU online and when I opened the box the idiot that packed it had jammed the card down and then put that paper packing on top of it. Card was completely mangled....way to go TRU....off to TRU on lunch to return it....grrrrrrr.
Wow, they gave you paper packing!!! The monkeys in the packing center must have considered you to be royalty to give that sort of level of service
Normally with TRU.com you just get the item and a box.

Reaction score

Dr_Jedi said:
Made the rounds in Lafayette (if you're up that way) today:

Target - picked up four new battle packs (Assault on Geonosis, Cad Bane's Escape, Hunt for Grievous, Defend Kamino). Also got the Class 1 Fleet Republic Scout Speeder and Y-Wing Scout Bomber, and just like Boba Binks above, I got them for clearance prices - right around $4.50. They have done their reset there, and had several Skystrikers for you Joe collectors.

TRU - Found the Stealth Ops Clone Trooper, and picked up the Geonosian Warrior with Speeder Bike. Someone beat me to the Rebel Transport. Does anyone know if that Transport vehicle/figure is a straight repack of elements from the Scramble on Yavin BP, or if something has been changed up?
So you're the son of a gun who beat me to the good stuff.
No worries, they'll restock soon I'm sure, I just couldn't believe when I got to Target today how much stuff was already gone, as I was just there two days ago and they had nothing new.

Reaction score

Welcome back Toyman, heard rumors you had made your may back to Indiana.

Todd

Reaction score

No, sorry, that was really the only new CW figure they had. Someone must have gotten there before me and gotten the other figures in the case.
TRU has always packed stuff poorly, probably be the last time I order from them online.

Reaction score

Bloomington,Target finally got Wave 7 of the Vintage but I was only able to get the Han Bespin and Logray.

Reaction score
SDCC Figure Poster

I have been looking to pick up a couple of the SDCC posters, and found a guy on ebay with a bunch and was going to make an offer on some. Does anybody else have an interest in these. If so send me an pm with what you would be willing to spend on one and I will see if I can strike a deal with him. I was thinking of trying to get 10-12 for $50

THanks
Todd

http://cgi.ebay.com/rare-star-wars-revenge-jedi-sdcc-2011-poster-/150639339029?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2312cde615#ht_500wt_1361

Reaction score
DCUC A/F

Found most of DCUC wave 18 (no Bronze Tiger or Captain Boomerang which are the only two I want of course) at the Walmart in Avon and the one North of Lafayette Square. I also saw the Crime Syndicate five pack in Avon but for $75.00 and having craptastic paint jobs, I took a pass.

I also saw that first wave of Batman figures including the Joker. Both Walmarts also had their wave 1 and 2 Green Lantern Classic figures on sale for $9.00 each.

Reaction score
Re: DCUC A/F

Picked up the Republic Commando "Delta Squad" and Force Unleashed exclusive sets at the E Washington TRU this afternoon. I grabbed the last two they had.

They had 7 of the exclusive CW Blackout figures when I was there a few minutes ago as well.

Also, for you MU collectors they had 2 of the new Masterworks Sentinels as well.

Reaction score
Re: Stealth Ops Clone Trooper

I was in Fort Wayne today for work and grabbed 3 of the Stealh Ops Clone Trooper if anyone wants them. I also grabbed a lando General because I thought someone needed him. PM me if you want any of these.

THanks
Todd

Reaction score
Toys-R-Us

This morning I hit the Greenwood Toys-R-Us store.

They have three of the Geonosian with Speeder, a few Y-Wings, did not noticed any Stealth Ops Clones (Commander Blackout), and I picked up the set of Republic Commandos and The Force Unleashed sets.

They also have in the big 12" Lion-O classic toy but none of the new Thundercats stuff yet.

Also saw ToyMan there, it was great running into him again.

Well, starting tomorrow and part of the weekend going to be working GenCon and hanging out.

Reaction score
Re: Toys-R-Us

I picked up the covert trooper at the east side TRU yesterday. Saw him again in Greenwood

Reaction score

Why does TRU fail so badly?
Week after week...S.O.S.
At least the store will be pretty once they finish the remodel. I will be able to have a pleasant walk back to the Star Wars section to discovery that yet another week has passed and they have gotten nothing new!!! Weeeeeee!!!

Reaction score

If you're out hunting for figs this week be sure to take the TRU ad from last Sunday's paper. TRU has all SW, MU, Joe, SM, Thor, and Cap Am figs at 2 for $10.99 through Saturday. Meijer, Wally, and Target will all price match. You can also print the ad off of TRU's website if you don't have the ad from Sunday.

Reaction score

No new Star Wars at Toys-R-Us today but I did pick up a set of the new basic Thundercats figures. They had a few of the deluxe, Thunder Tank, 8" "new" Thundercats and 8" Classic Lion-O and Tigra, 14" Lion-O classic.

Reaction score
New Clone Wars

Picked up both Savage Opress's and CW Chewey at Noblesville WM. Didn't know these 2 waves were out. Left 1-2 Shirtless Opress's and an armored Opress, and the rest of both waves.

Reaction score
Re: New Clone Wars

Walmart Noblesville - Picked up a Commander Wolffe CW48, Jar Jar CW65, Savage Opress CW55, Even Piell CW58, Captain Rex CW62, Chewy CW63.
They had a 2 each of Wolffe, Chewy, Piell & Jar Jar left still.
No new Vintage stuff....grrrr.

Reaction score

thanks for the heads up guys! I went up to the Nobelsville Walmart and picked up 2x Chewbacca, 2x Even Piell, 3x R7-D4, and 3x Captain Rex with Jet pack. (1 set for me and the extras for The Collector). I was able to snag an Armored Savage at the Fishers Walmart as well. He was the ONLY one from the new wave there...really strange. Walmart obviously is skipping wave 10 and 11, or they have had them sitting in the warehouse and they never shipped them to stores. I will take wave 12 while they are shipping it though

Reaction score

TatooineSandworm said:
thanks for the heads up guys! I went up to the Nobelsville Walmart and picked up 2x Chewbacca, 2x Even Piell, 3x R7-D4, and 3x Captain Rex with Jet pack. (1 set for me and the extras for The Collector). I was able to snag an Armored Savage at the Fishers Walmart as well. He was the ONLY one from the new wave there...really strange. Walmart obviously is skipping wave 10 and 11, or they have had them sitting in the warehouse and they never shipped them to stores. I will take wave 12 while they are shipping it though
Wow, someone found something at Fishers WM! That place is a toy wasteland! I don't really follow sightings that much. I just post them if I find them. Is Indy pretty early in getting these figs?

Reaction score

Picked up the CW AV-7 Mobile Cannon and the movie version Hydra Attack Trooper (No. 15) from the Capt. America line at the E Washington Meijer this afternoon.

Reaction score

Not sure why but Target Castleton had a fresh VC wave 5 case on the shelves this morning...thought that was a bit strange...I figure they would have distributed all of those by now....

Reaction score

Hit Westfield target,same deal wave 5 2 cases. Target in Nora had diddly as usual but their figs are only$7.89fyi:)

Reaction score

FYI, Meijer in Noblesville has Boba Fett Electronic Helmet on clearance for $17.48. Reg $29.99....picked one up for the kido...They had about 4 or 5 left.

Reaction score

SP Meijer had those helmets for under $8.00 a few weeks ago. They didnt last long...

Reaction score

Lafayette TRU had a new display out filled with vintage and clone wars. Still no wave 7 up there, and if there was a Wedge, someone beat me to it. They did have the Seripas/Shirtless Savage/Kit Fisto/Jetpack Rex wave(s). They also had a case of the new GI Joe figures out. I picked up Stalker and the Toxin Viper.

Reaction score

Dr_Jedi said:
and if there was a Wedge, someone beat me to it.
Were there any fresh ROTJ wave figs hanging? I'm pretty sure Wedge is shipping in a ROTJ (wave 3) revision case. At least according to the multiple websites that were offering that case for preorder about a month ago.

Reaction score

Yeah, there were lots of fresh ROTJ figures, which is what made me think that I probably missed a Wedge, or even two. I talked to one other guy I know that collects up in Lafayette, and he didn't get a Wedge either. I don't want to pay Ebay prices for this figure, but I don't totally want to wait for next year to get him either.
Such is life being a Star Wars collector these days.

Reaction score

I went to the Greenwood Toys-R-Us this afternoon and they have the front section set. I saw a lot of Vintage figures and a middle display box with figures, helmets (masks), lightsabers, ect. It looked like whatever figures were there were picked through pretty well.

Hope to find a Wedge and the three waves of Clone Wars figures that are out there soon.

Reaction score

On vacation in Hilton Head, SC.....decided "eh, need bottled water...might as well take a shot and see what the local Wally has in stock."
Was able to complete VC wave 4 figs that I had been missing. Picked up VC30 - Zam, VC33 - Padme. VC35 - Mace, VC37 - SBD...I was also able to pick up some CW figs too...CW53 - Plo Koon, CW56 - ARF Kamino & CW38 - Jet .....Someone must have snagged the Hondo before I arrived...nice suprise finding all of them though!!

Reaction score

DarthNoah said:
On vacation in Hilton Head, SC.....decided "eh, need bottled water...might as well take a shot and see what the local Wally has in stock."
Was able to complete VC wave 4 figs that I had been missing. Picked up VC30 - Zam, VC33 - Padme. VC35 - Mace, VC37 - SBD...I was also able to pick up some CW figs too...CW53 - Plo Koon, CW56 - ARF Kamino & CW38 - Jet .....Someone must have snagged the Hondo before I arrived...nice suprise finding all of them though!!
Hey, whereabouts in Hilton Head did you stop for those? I have a trip planned there for next spring but whenever I visit, I never seem to find any stores that have a decent offering, so hopefully that store is near where I'll be.