Indianapolis V 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Thanks Andy.
Also I picked up the new comic packs listed below, $16 ea after tax, and I also scored the 2 Arc-170 imperial shadow version on clearance for $33 after tax if anyone would like them. I also have 2 extra Eopies for $8.

__ No. 11: Exar Kun & Ulic Qel Droma
__ No. 12: T'ra Saa & Master Tholme
__ No. 13: Stormtrooper & Blackhole Hologram

Thanks
Todd

Reaction score
Wanted to give a big THANK YOU to The Collector and ToddG.
Back in December/January I was looking for a GH Darth TIE. The Collector was just at Pendleton Pike WalMart and found it for me.
It's awesome that you guys found it for me. It's even more awesome that you guys remembered 2-3months later.
Thank you so much! Joel

Reaction score
Just a quick poll...I've yet to see a Colton or Utai around. Has anyone else? Or will they be showing in greater numbers with future shipments?

Reaction score
bbright76 said:
Just a quick poll...I've yet to see a Colton or Utai around. Has anyone else? Or will they be showing in greater numbers with future shipments?
That wave still seems to be hitting local Kmarts and Kohls. TRU was getting the ROTS wave for a while but that was back around christmas so I think they have sold through their stock. The only time I have seen the ROTS wave at Walmart was in the big blue squares back around thanksgiving. I think I spotted the ROTS wave once or twice at Meijer back around the first of the year but lately the Meijers on the southside have been getting the ANH wave. I also spotted the ROTS wave at Target but that was a couple of months ago as well.

I guess we may still see the ANH and ROTS waves show up at area Wally's between now and the launch of the Vintage Collection line in August.

Reaction score
I'm new to the Indianapolis and am looking for some of the toys I missed during my move here in 2009. With this in mind, has anyone seen a Clone Turbo Tank or any of the 2008 Legacy Collection at any of the local stores (I'm looking for the ANH, ESB, and ROTJ waves in particular)? Thanks for any and all help!

Reaction score
I'm new to the Indianapolis and am looking for some of the toys I missed during my move here in 2009. With this in mind, has anyone seen a Clone Turbo Tank or any of the 2008 Legacy Collection at any of the local stores (I'm looking for the ANH, ESB, and ROTJ waves in particular)? Thanks for any and all help!

Reaction score
welcome to the area, we have a good group here that does a great job of helping each other out.
I have not seen a turbo tank around lately. You can still find some of the Blue Legacy Ugnaught wave around some of the Walmarts. Not sure if which exact figs you were after. Also Kohls has some of the Blue legacy stuff as well, at least they did around Christmas. You may want to check with
Bobafett1975, he has a local shop (A P collectibles) that is always fairly priced.

ToddG

Reaction score
DarthCLC said:
Welcome to the Boards!

Just to make sure I understand, you are looking for the 2008 ANH (Pons Limbic, Wiolsea) and ESB (medical frigate Luke, Capt. Needa, Hoth Rebel Trooper) waves right?

Did you happen to mean the AOTC wave? (Captain Typho, Tarados Gon, etc.) Instead of the ROTJ wave? Was there even an ROTJ wave in the Legacy blue cards...wave 1 maybe?

Reaction score
ToddG: Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to check out some of the north side Kohl's after work.

The_Collector: Those are exactly the waves I am looking for.

Additionally, I am looking for 2008 Wave 1 ROTJ (Han Solo Sandstorm, Luke Skywalker Sandstorm, Bane Malar, etc...)

Reaction score
Hey guys, just picked up the Obi-Wan in Snow Gear figure and the Ki-Adi Mundi production art figure for Episode 3, where he's dressed like a pirate and has an eyepatch, at the Brownsburg Wal-Mart not too long ago. Saw 2 or 3 of each still on the pegs.

Reaction score
Picked up both of the Force Unleashed figure packs at the Greenwood TRU this morning. $29.99 each. No sign of the EU wave at Greenwood or E. Washington.

The Greenwood store stocked a case of the EU wave last Saturday but most of the BAD pieces had already been cut out.

Plotizzle came across the repacks from the wave at the Castleton store last night. I stopped by the Castleton store yesterday morning and they hadn't stocked the EU Wave. Wouldn't surprise me if an employee snagged the new figs then threw the repacks on the pegs later in the day.

Hopefully our TRU's will have plenty of the EU wave come May 1st.

Welcome to the Boards Darth_Diggitus and thanks for the info!

Reaction score
Do the Castleton or Greenwood stores have pegs specifically marked for Legacy figures?

The reason I ask is that I've been hitting the Lafayette TRU daily this week, and yesterday they stocked every peg. The only problem is that all their pegs are marked "Saga Legends" or "CW Collection", and that's exactly what is fully stocked on all the pegs. Not one Legacy figure. They also have some of those previously-exclusive Walmart CW 2-packs. But are there some TRU that won't be carrying Legacy at all? If so, I may need some serious help landing this wave and the Wing Guard running change.

Reaction score
The_Collector said:
Picked up both of the Force Unleashed figure packs at the Greenwood TRU this morning. $29.99 each. No sign of the EU wave at Greenwood or E. Washington.

Plotizzle came across the repacks from the wave at the Castleton store last night. I stopped by the Castleton store yesterday morning and they hadn't stocked the EU Wave. Wouldn't surprise me if an employee snagged the new figs then threw the repacks on the pegs later in the day.

Hopefully our TRU's will have plenty of the EU wave come May 1st.

Welcome to the Boards Darth_Diggitus and thanks for the info!
How much of the Force Unleashed Multipacks are the store getting now? 1 case, two? How many were on the shelf?
The Greenwood store stocked a case of the EU wave last Saturday but most of the BAD pieces had already been cut out.

Reaction score
Dr_Jedi said:
Do the Castleton or Greenwood stores have pegs specifically marked for Legacy figures?

The reason I ask is that I've been hitting the Lafayette TRU daily this week, and yesterday they stocked every peg. The only problem is that all their pegs are marked "Saga Legends" or "CW Collection", and that's exactly what is fully stocked on all the pegs. Not one Legacy figure. They also have some of those previously-exclusive Walmart CW 2-packs. But are there some TRU that won't be carrying Legacy at all? If so, I may need some serious help landing this wave and the Wing Guard running change.
Hey Chris,
Yes, all 3 Indy TRU's have pegs for Legacy however this wasn't the case prior to Christmas. Back then the Castleton TRU had removed their Legacy pegs and replaced them with Legends and Clone Wars. I had a very polite conversation with the manager, pointing out the three distinct lines of figs and how they were missing shelf space for one of them. About a week later they added pegs for Legacy and have been receiving product ever since. The Cstln TRU had removed their Legacy pegs last fall during the Legacy drought so they weren't receiving any new figs when they started shipping again.

I'm leaving "no EU fig behind". I still need a couple of sets for myself. Anything else I pick-up will be to help out fellow Indy Scum.

Reaction score
Simdog said:
How much of the Force Unleashed Multipacks are the store getting now? 1 case, two? How many were on the shelf?
Not sure about how many cases they are getting.

The Greenwood TRU had two of each pack this morning. The Castleton store had three of each pack. The Washington Street store did not stock any today.

Reaction score
The_Collector said:
Hey Chris,
Yes, all 3 Indy TRU's have pegs for Legacy however this wasn't the case prior to Christmas. Back then the Castleton TRU had removed their Legacy pegs and replaced them with Legends and Clone Wars. I had a very polite conversation with the manager, pointing out the three distinct lines of figs and how they were missing shelf space for one of them. About a week later they added pegs for Legacy and have been receiving product ever since. The Cstln TRU had removed their Legacy pegs last fall during the Legacy drought so they weren't receiving any new figs when they started shipping again.

I'm leaving "no EU fig behind". I still need a couple of sets for myself. Anything else I pick-up will be to help out fellow Indy Scum.
Hi Todd,
Thanks for the info. I saw your post in the Legacy Recent Acquisitions section. Congrats on picking up a set. Which TRU did you score those at? I hit the Lafayette TRU again today, and they claimed not to have any of the EU wave yet. As I am now on vacation for two weeks (and won't be back up to L-town until then) I didn't want to encourage them to put these out any sooner than they already would. I'll be hunting here in Indy the next two weeks, maybe I'll see some of you around.

Reaction score
Hey guys! I just wanted to ask you guys what you think of the stores around here. I'm out like 15 miles west of Brownsburg, which means that going to the Plainfield places, or Greenwood or anything like that, it's all a hike! For a long time, I've just been kind of an eBay collector, and like I posted before I'll stop into the B-burg WalMart at times, but I was just curious if it's worth occasionally making the hikes to get out to the stores, or if it would be a better bet for me to stick to some of the online routes like a Brian's Toys or something like that, ya know? What do you guys think?

Reaction score
Darth Diggitus,
First welcome as I have not seen you post to much.

Personally I enjoy the hunt for the figures so the "Hikes" as you put it are part of the fun of collecting for me. Also I think our board does an excellent job in helping each other out. I think The Collector has probably picked up figures for just about everyone on here at one point or another. Plus meeting up with other collectors to get stuff is always fun because you get to talk toys for a little while as well. I have never bought a figure off of Brians toys or a current figure off ebay, but I would think that it would be more expensive, after shipping etc.

Lastly I would say if you are looking for something just let us know and someone will probably be able to help you out if you can't find it, especially the exclusive type stuff.

Todd G

Reaction score
Yeah, that's true. It is always pretty fun when I stop into walmart and just look through everything. And that's also cool that you guys all have a pretty cohesive community here. I have a few buddies who are collectors, but none of them are Star Wars collectors, so while we can talk about collecting to a degree, I figure it would be a world of difference if I was talking with someone about Star Wars, ya know? And yeah, I'm still pretty new around the boards. I was kind of sticking to the Forcecast threads and the cantina, but then I started looking around more and found this thread and thought it would be cool to connect with some local collectors! So yeah, thanks for the warm welcome!

And to answer you about the ebay thing, Todd, it really depends on what you look for. I mean, I recently got a lot of 25 POTF figures from a guy for 60 bucks with shipping included. I guess it all just has to do with getting lucky, ya know? But that's kind of the reason I want to start shying away from it, because I'd rather just know stuff is somewhere and be able to pick it up instead of just waiting to possibly catch it, ya know?

Reaction score
I posted up on the Legacy Board, but thought that I would repost here since it was local!

I went to Castleton TRU @ Lunch today and a VERY nice employee ran the 532757 key for me for the Force Unleashed 5 Packs. He said that the computer showed that the store can "Release the Space," but there were 409 available at the Distribution Center. He said that when the computer says that, they sometimes get more in; but, they sometimes do not. He did not know which stores would get the 409 though - Just thought that I would throw that out...

Reaction score
Big day!

Scored the EU wave motherload today at the Greenwood TRU. Not sure how many sets I grabbed but it was a lot. I'll get everything sorted this evening and start sending out PM's.

I also picked up the IM2 6" War Machine Wally exclusive at the 96th Street store.

Also grabbed some of the new DCUC figs at that Wally as well. I picked up Cheetah, Superboy, and Donna Troy.

Reaction score
Congrats on the great hunting Collector - For the EU wave, was it put out on the shelf or did you have to ask about them?

Reaction score
Hey Collector, if you have any spare sets, would you mind shooting me a pm and letting me know how much you're asking for a set?

Reaction score
PM's sent to Todd, Ben, Andy, and Chris!

Darth_Diggitus said:
Hey Collector, if you have any spare sets, would you mind shooting me a pm and letting me know how much you're asking for a set?
Hey Darth,
No extras at the moment but I'm not done looking.

If I found an extra set the price would be whatever I paid.

Reaction score
Got the EU Set this morning @ Castleton opening!!! (Well, the 5 that I wanted anyways)

I also got to meet TheCollector & ToddG too! It is cool to have a face to put with the name now! My wife thought I was crazy to be there before opening, but it was totally worth it - especially since all 5 figures were at the discount & my total was $18!!! She also thought (and so did I) that everyone was really polite & nice this morning - actually helping each other to make sure that everyone got what they "needed." It really is awesome to be in such a cool community!!!

Reaction score
Indy Jammer it was nice to meet you as well, I think we had 5 scummers by the time we left
Indy Jammer
Toddg
Collector
Means
Dr. Jedi

There was another guy there named Shannon I think who I encouraged to check out our thread so hopefully we can get some more new guys posting.

ToddG

Reaction score
Darth_Diggitus said:
PM sent!

It's been an incredible few days of figure collecting. Still can't believe we've been able to score new figs for an after tax price of $3.33 per figure. $45 for the FU sets was awesome as well. Anyway, it's been alot of fun!

I'm still looking for a set plus a couple of extras of the EU wave to help out some others but other than that it looks like it might slow down for some of us over the next couple of months......a little less for us Clone Wars collectors as the new blue cards have already shown up overseas...Aura Sing looks awesome!

It was nice to meet you on Friday, IndyJammer. Do you need another EU fig to finish the BAD? If you do, let me know which fig or piece you need and I'll keep my eyes open.

It was also nice to see ToddG, Means, and Dr. Jedi at the Castleton TRU on Friday as well. I also got to see TatooineSandworm and Bonoferox over the last couple of days as well. Oh, and by the way, the rumor around the three TRU's is that we were the throng of 30 people that charged the Castleton SW aisle at opening on Friday.

I also had Super Saver in the Kentucky Derby this evening for $20 across. That baby's going to pay out $328!!

Reaction score
Hey guys, just ran into the brownsburg walmart. Not much new in the way of comic packs or figures. A lot of peg warmers, but a few new faces. I did manage to find a figure that I swear is a bug-looking thing that looks just like 4-lom, but it was in a Zuckus package, lol! Weird!!

Reaction score
The_Collector said:
It was nice to meet you on Friday, IndyJammer. Do you need another EU fig to finish the BAD? If you do, let me know which fig or piece you need and I'll keep my eyes open.

It was also nice to see ToddG, Means, and Dr. Jedi at the Castleton TRU on Friday as well. I also got to see TatooineSandworm and Bonoferox over the last couple of days as well. Oh, and by the way, the rumor around the three TRU's is that we were the throng of 30 people that charged the Castleton SW aisle at opening on Friday.

I also had Super Saver in the Kentucky Derby this evening for $20 across. That baby's going to pay out $328!!
I am good with my 5 Collector - but If I'd know that my 6th was only going to be $1.24, then I definitely would have finished off the set! lol

Wow - a throng of 30?!? Maybe a throng of 5 - but 3 of you guys just stood back as the 2 of us got a set and then stepped up afterwards! It was a great experience - and I am pretty sure a rare one! I am glad that everyone there had a good morning.

ps - Nice call of Super Saver - that was one messy race!

Reaction score
No problem IJ.

Just picked up a set of the Gentle Giant Star Wars bookends from the Castleton Borders. These are a Borders exclusive. The castleton store had about 4 left a few minutes ago.

Reaction score
Hello local Scummers!

I haven't posted in a while beings i don't do much toy hunting anymore but wanted to let everyone know i will be attending Walt Disney World the first week of June along with Star Wars Weekends. I have got things for some of you in the past and wanted to offer again. Those that are in the know realize the items they will have so if there is something in particular you will be wanting shoot me a pm of what you want.Nothing is guaranted but all i can say is i will try my best.All i would ask is funds up front and include extra so i can ship it from my hotel.

Happy hunting Scum!!

Reaction score
Hey Naptown,
Do you know if the Star Tours Boarding set will be out when you're there?

Anyway,
upon request, here is a picture of the Borders Star Wars Logo Bookends:

The risers in the pic are courtesy of Naptownsithlord.

Reaction score
Nice bookends

I'll be in Florida / Orlando the first weekend in June and am debating going to Disney Studios for the boarding crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.