Indianapolis v.5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: Wally Comic Packs

could some one please pic of the set at the store itself,i know it is a lot to ask but i saw a post on this post before and made a very long trip to find something i have been looking for and when igot their they had nothing at all star wars!
so please post some pics if you can and tell where you found it, thanks

Reaction score

Well, I hit one of the local Lafayette Wallys today, hoping to score the new exclusive comic sets. They didn't have them, but I did stumble upon the newest non-exclusive wave, #'s 14, 15 and 16. Of course, this is the Wally where I had all the trouble with the GI Joe comic packs a few weeks ago....this time wouldn't be different. Today the Luke/Deena comic pack came up "not available for sale." The Ki-Adi/Sharad and Wedge/Borsk packs went through just fine, but the cashier kept getting this error code. A CSM got involved, and stated that "there must be a manufacturer recall" on this item. And they wouldn't sell me the damn thing. Is there some recall on this comic pack that I'm not aware of? This wally has had their head up their rectum before, so it wouldn't surprise me to see it again. I'm gonna stop by again Thursday and see if I have any better luck.

On a separate note, I saw the new Watchmen figures at the Lafayette TRU the other day. Pretty sweet looking, but the 5" guys are a little pricey at $16 each. I still may end up breaking down and getting them. Can't wait till Friday....

Reaction score

Matt1995,
That is very odd, everyone that I have ever dealt here with has always been honest about their finds. Off the top of my head here is a list of people I have locally traded with or met up with

The Collector -over a dozen times
Means - Too many times

tatooinesandworm- half dozen times
Toyman- over 20 times
Bobafett1975 -about a half dozen
olee- once or twice
Dr Jedi half dozen times or so
hayabusa- once or twice
kirklondon- once
Naptownsith lord- once or twice

and I have never once had a problem. I trust most everyone on this thread and they sure help make tracking things down alot easier.
My 2 cents
Todd

Reaction score

Dr_Jedi said:
Is there some recall on this comic pack that I'm not aware of? This wally has had their head up their rectum before, so it wouldn't surprise me to see it again.
No on the recall and yes on the rectum. Sorry you've had such bad luck at that Wally. In my experience the "recall" statement is a standard response from Wal*mart whenever someting doesn't ring up at the register.

Many thanks to ToddG for hooking me up with a couple AT-TE Assault Squad BP's over the last week.

I also received shipment notice for the Gentle Giant Tie Fighter Pilot Regular and Variant mini-busts yesterday. I can't wait to add these to the collection.

Oh, and I finally succumbed to the peer pressure from a fellow scummer / Notre Dame fan and picked up the GI Joe Resolute 5 pack yesterday at the 86th Street Wally.

Reaction score

ToddG said:
Matt1995,
That is very odd, everyone that I have ever dealt here with has always been honest about their finds. Off the top of my head here is a list of people I have locally traded with or met up with

The Collector -over a dozen times
Means - Too many times

tatooinesandworm- half dozen times
Toyman- over 20 times
Bobafett1975 -about a half dozen
olee- once or twice
Dr Jedi half dozen times or so
hayabusa- once or twice
kirklondon- once
Naptownsith lord- once or twice

and I have never once had a problem. I trust most everyone on this thread and they sure help make tracking things down alot easier.
My 2 cents
Todd
And I'll personally vouch for Darth_Domer, Plotizzle and tk5175. They are all stand up guys along with the ones that ToddG posted that would never post bad information.

Matt1995, it's entirely possible that the items you went on a road trip for just sold out between the time it was posted and the time you got there. I know there are many collectors all over town that do not post on any kind of message board at all. I know that I find stuff all of the time, but sometimes feel that it is not worth posting because by the time I get to my computer somebody else has probably already bought the new stuff. I know I thought about this the other day when I posted about finding the AT-TE BP, but decided to post it anyway.

Sometimes you just need to remember that one of the best parts of collecting is the thrill of the hunt!

Reaction score

Collector, you listened to a Fighting Irish? What were you thinking?!

Reaction score

Just to let you guys (and gals) in here know, the Indy Knights will be meeting up @ the Regal Cinema on 146th St in Carmel for the midnight showing of Watchmen this Friday. Hope to see you there.

Oh, and remember The_ Collector, that 1st fix is always free

Reaction score

matt1995 said:
could some one please pic of the set at the store itself,
Here you go Matt, sorry for the picture quality. It was taken from my phone this morning:

Now the Wave 5 figs are probably gone by now but I would bet there will be alot of the comic packs left, I counted 15 of each.

This picture was taken at the Shelbyville, Indiana Walmart on SR 44. If you're coming from Columbus head north on SR 9 then turn right on SR 44 and you're there. 35-45 minute drive at the most. If this doesn't work for you and you're still having trouble finding these I would be glad to stash a set for you at the Beech Grove Walmart and PM you with the location. Just let me know if I can help.

Good luck!

Reaction score

No picture...sorry...but...

96th ST. Walmart

All of the New Wave of Comic Packs (Luke/Deana, Wedge/Borsk, Hett/Mundi) as well as the Exclusive Comic Packs (No Aminamin for some reason?)

Lots of Wave 4 and 5 (Jawa is missing too)

Lots of Clone Wars wave 3 and 4

I went to the checkout and I picked up the Luke/Deana, Wedge/Borsk comic packs...well the Luke didn't scan (came up as cannot sell)

The cashier said that he couldn't sell it to me because it was probably some choking hazard or lead paint and it was recalled. I asked him to scan the wedge pack twice and I didn't plan on putting any of the figures in my mouth...

he hesitated, and then scaned it twice for me. I thanked him and went on my merry way.

Now no one can say that I violated the rules because the CASHIER scanned it for me. If he didn't want to do it then he didn't have to. I didn't lie to him, I just asked politely. Being a nice person goes a long way some times.

Anyways...if you are looking for anything other than the Jawa or the Aminamin comic pack, look at the 96th st Walmart in Fishers.

By the way, if anyone knows the local scalper who grabbed all the Aminamin and Jawas, be sure to thank him for being a greedy jerk for me.

Reaction score

thanks alot Collector,this sould be a big help and thanks for the offer but i do not think you would need to stash some because from the lloks of it i think their sould be a good chance to get a set,again thanks a lot

Reaction score

BTW fellas, that's Thursday @ midnight not Fri at midnight. Just wanted to clarify. So Thursday, March 5th, @ 12:05 tomorrow night.

G

First off how do you post a pict here?

The Wal-Mart in Avon had a few cases early this morning of the WM comic packs, new comic packs, and a few cases of wave 5. Around 4am on my way to the work site.

I first noticed that the WM comic packs are not the same packages per box. Some had one or two extra than the others. This could be maybe someone moved them around.

second the wave 5 boxes are not the same pack either. Some had the Space Trooper and another had the Jawa.

I do not know if they put these on the pegs today or not but I do know that someone (not me) opened up the cases of figures and took what they wanted. Not all the case boxes were full of figures.

I am set until the next wave of figures and I think that is wave 4 of Clone Wars.

Reaction score

Brownsburg WM was fully stocked with their exclusive comic packs tonight. Didn't have the new Luke/Deena for me to try there. Interesting that other people are running into the same problem with that pack.

They did have most all of wave 5, thought I can't say I paid real close attention. I know I saw at least one Spacetrooper, and I believe there was a Jawa hanging around.

Reaction score

thanks for the tip Ben:)

went to 86st. wally and picked up the Luke/Deana, Wedge/Borsk, Hett/Mundi comic packs, none of them would scan so I just grabbed an older comic pack and scan that 3 times......

just kidding they all scanned fine.

Reaction score

MEANS said:
thanks for the tip Ben:)

went to 86st. wally and picked up the Luke/Deana, Wedge/Borsk, Hett/Mundi comic packs, none of them would scan so I just grabbed an older comic pack and scan that 3 times......

just kidding they all scanned fine.
LOL!

Reaction score

Keystone Wally had one Luke/Deena pack this morning. It scanned fine for me. Also had some wave 5 figs.

They also have the new Wolverine and Marvel Universe figures. While cool looking, at almost $9 each, I'll have to pass. BTW, the SW figure hooks are now down to either two or three rows, as the Marvel figures take up the rest of the space.

Reaction score

Plotizzle said:
They also have the new Wolverine and Marvel Universe figures. While cool looking, at almost $9 each, I'll have to pass.
I saw those prices as well. $8.44 a pop at the Walmart's I've seen them at. I also spotted them at Walgreens this evening for the bargain price of $11.99.

For those interested, Entertainment Earth has the Joker Squad exclusive pack in stock. I received shipment notice for my set this evening.

Reaction score

It's weird that TRU has those Marvel figures for 7.99...they're hardly ever cheaper than WM.

Reaction score
Re: Marvel figs

I saw them at Target ($7.99) a couple of days ago too. It seems like there are a couple of different assortments out there hitting. TRU did not have any of the Hulk figs (I was there when they put them out) but both Wal-Mart and Target did. Both times I saw a ratio of two grey Hulks and one green Hulk.

G

Potatos and Busts

If you are into the Mr PotatoHead toys the K-Mart on US31 South in Greenwood has three of the Clone Tubers on the shelf for $11.99 each.

When I got home there was a box for me and I got my Gentle Giants regular TIE Pilot mini bust and chase TIE Pilot mini bust. Very cool, so if you have them on order you will be getting them any day now.

Reaction score
Re: Potatos and Busts

My stepson is irritated at the high cost of the new Marvel figures and dislikes the 3 3/4 inch new Hasbro Marvel stuff. It makes collecting for a kid tough.

I saw the new comic packs at the Avon Wal*Mart about a week ago, but the pegs for regular figures were largely Saga Legends

Reaction score

Has anyone seen any of the Atom Smasher Wave 7 DC Universe Classic figures here locally?

Reaction score

Found Wave 7 Aquaman at the Beech Grove WM today, but that's all Ive come across.

Reaction score

DarthAcroyear said:
Has anyone seen any of the Atom Smasher Wave 7 DC Universe Classic figures here locally?
Thought I saw em @ the Nobletucky Wally the other day.

Reaction score

Keystone WM had the remnants of DCU Wave 7 this morning. Got Booster Gold and Captain Cold, but not sure if I'll keep CC.

Reaction score

the walmart on us 31 south has several full sets of wave 5, brand new walmart exclusive comic packs, several older comic packs (asajj ventress/tol skorr, clone emperor/luke, imperial officer deena/luke, anakin/durge, quinlan vos/commander faie...

G

Not much in the stores. Today at lunch I saw the wave 7 of the large format DC Heroes with the build a figure at the Wal-Mart off of I465 in Beechgrove. I don't collect these but the Aqua Man looks sharp.

Also I was checking out some other sites and I saw this. http://www.sandtroopers.com/events/cw_indy/
I just saw a billboard advertising this just this morning. I had no idea about this. I think it may be worth checking out. Does anyone know the price to get in?

Reaction score
Re: DCUC

TieFi said:
Not much in the stores. Today at lunch I saw the wave 7 of the large format DC Heroes with the build a figure at the Wal-Mart off of I465 in Beechgrove. I don't collect these but the Aqua Man looks sharp.
Thanks for the tip! I was able to get a re-release Batman last night. Now if BBTS would just send me the set I ordered, I'd know what version of Booster Gold and Big Barda I still need.

Reaction score

A friend of mine picked up Blue Beetle for me at the WalMart in Warsaw yesterday. All I need now is Flash

Reaction score

Found Flash, Kid Flash, Capt. Cold, Big Barda(Helmet), and Ocean Warrior Aquaman at the Walmart on 46th st. They also had the Batman, Capt. Marvel and Green Lantern repacks.

Right now I just need a Beetle and Booster Gold if anyone happens to find them. If you have my phone number give me a call or if you can grab one or both, shoot me a PM and I'll meet up with you.

The Walmart in Avon had the way too expensive Marvel 3 3/4 Capt. America, Hulk, and Ronin figures and I also found one single carded DC Jay Garrick Flash Infinite Hero which I picked up and a Battle suit Lex which I left there.

Not much Star Wars or GI Joe which I've pretty much given up collecting because of the price (SW) and craptastic movie figs (Joes).

Reaction score

There are 1 or 2 GI Joe movie figures I may pick up. Not to mention the Destro would make an easy custom for an Indiana Jones figure.

Consider yourself lucky with getting Flash
....I'm not familiar with the 46th street WM. I do need to get the 3 3/4" Captain America, though.

Reaction score

A guy over on Fwoosh apparently stashed a classic Booster Gold at the Noblesville WM, but not sure if it's still there or not.
If you want my BAF pieces for any reason, let me know.

Not sure when I'll see my friend again to get BB. May not be until May.

Reaction score

bonoferox said:
If you want my BAF pieces for any reason, let me know.
Sure. Even if I end up with extra, I pass them on to my oldest son who also collect the DCUC figures. It's kind of sad but I'm tempted to drive up to Noblesville to look for that Booster Gold but I kind of doubt that I'd find him.

Oh, there still one Joe toy I'm looking forward to, that Night Raven looks pretty sweet.

Reaction score
Re: Target Clearances

I am looking for a TF Universe Hound, since Target has begun clearancing the carded ones (found cyclonus and starscream for 6.44 each). Let me know if anyone sees one at a Target.

Reaction score
Re: Store Reports

Just picked up the Flash figure I was looking for at the GW TRU

Status
Not open for further replies.