Indiana Jones toys I never had.

Reaction score
Thankfully I managed to buy the pre-production hard-copies for the complete LJN line in one go. Making something interesting to put back on display that is very rare. The pic is from the actual items coming my way and wanted to see if anybody else has more of the LJN harcopies, especially the painted copies for sharing?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Congrats! That is a fantastic looking set. I've been watching ebay pretty closely, and I've seen Temple of Doom hardcopies pop up twice over the past year or so. At first it was just Willie and Short Round (both sculpts) painted and unpainted, but recently I've seen Indy and Short Round pop up again. I believe the same seller was also selling some prototype Dune pieces(also LJN). Is that possibly the same source you acquired these from?

Reaction score
Congrats! That is a fantastic looking set. I've been watching ebay pretty closely, and I've seen Temple of Doom hardcopies pop up twice over the past year or so. At first it was just Willie and Short Round (both sculpts) painted and unpainted, but recently I've seen Indy and Short Round pop up again. I believe the same seller was also selling some prototype Dune pieces(also LJN). Is that possibly the same source you acquired these from?
Spot on,
The seller who is a former LJN employee had some Dune production and prototypes for sale as well over the past couple of years. I only recently completed a loose Kenner Indie line before moving onto LJN to have a display at home for the vintage line.
I completely missed out on the first big sale of the painted Indie hardcopy samples with the variations but this was before I started to broaden my collection by looking further than Star Wars.

Reaction score
Indie line arrived and is sharing shelf space with some other LJN pre-production and prototypes at the moment. I will eventually get round to having these graded but for now I am enjoying being able to hold them to have a proper look! I still find the different style of whips used in concept design for Indie a real bonus compared to the string version used for production figures.

Reaction score
Outstanding! It really is impressive to see all the preproduction pieces assembled together. I'm happy to see all the hardcopies made it into the same collection! Well done!

Reaction score

o-o

That's a beautiful set! Thanks for sharing.

I knew about all the cancelled figures. The one that surprised me was the running variation on the Giant Thuggee, I had no clue about that one. The Indys and Molas I have seen many times and have been on my Want List.

Reaction score
Thank you for the comments and replies,

hopefully I will be able to add some painted pre-production figures and can get Indy some company, I'm specifically looking for both painted short rounds and a Willie Scott. If you've seen the sculpts you'll see why the decision to drop them from production was easy.

Last edited:
Reaction score
2016 managed to turn up some of the painted hard copies. I'm still looking for painted Willie Scott or Shortrounds!

Reaction score
Sweet stuff you got there! I never got into any of the LJN stuff, but that is one impressive collection!

Reaction score
What are appropriate prices are for vintage indy figures...

Ebay has some mail away Belloq figures for $25.

I bought the Map Room and Cart for around $75 together. They have damaged boxes and some minor missing parts.

Now I looking for a good Well of Souls.

Reaction score
Those prices seem pretty reasonable.

I picked up a Well of the Souls from a fellow scummer for $50. It came with the original box, in fairly decent shape, and was only missing the mummy.

Reaction score
There's a bad joke there...but I'm not going there, as I choose instead to get eat an awesome sandwich.

Reaction score
Well, considering LJN's Indy figures are from Temple of Doom and Indy loses his gun at the very beginning of the movie...why would any of them have guns?

Also, LJN's Dune figures came with guns and they also had a line of S.W.A.T. figures back in the '70s that came with all kinds of guns.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, considering LJN's Indy figures are from Temple of Doom and Indy loses his gun at the very beginning of the movie...why would any of them have guns?

Also, LJN's Dune figures came with guns and they also had a line of S.W.A.T. figures back in the '70s that came with all kinds of guns.

At least they were plot-accurate with it, I suppose.

Those Dune figures sorta go well with Star Wars and G.I. Joe scale-wise.

Reaction score
I wouldnt hold your breath. Indy figures are unlikely this time.
I bet we get something...we gotta get something! Hopefully Hasbro, too - not just Disney Store stuff. But yeah, it won't be anything compared to the scope of the last Hasbro 3.75" line. Man...that's one of my favorite toy lines of all time!! A few 6" figs would be cool....but I am really hoping for some more 3.75"!

Reaction score
I bet we get something...we gotta get something! Hopefully Hasbro, too - not just Disney Store stuff. But yeah, it won't be anything compared to the scope of the last Hasbro 3.75" line. Man...that's one of my favorite toy lines of all time!! A few 6" figs would be cool....but I am really hoping for some more 3.75"!
Im with you. I LOVED that last line so much. Looking back I cant believe we got as many figures as we did, and I have every single one. That said, I do believe that paint issues and poor figure choices hurt the line a lot. And while I am sure that is the case, I really dont believe there is a market for much Indy merchandise regardless. Next time around I am sure we will get some stuff, but I bet we wont get a full line of figures. The last movie, took huge box office takings without getting critical acclaim. So there will be some stuff. Maybe LEGO will have another go, and we may get the odd Indy figure across a few lines.

Reaction score
I too loved the Indy line...still do. I have everything they made except the cloth top truck. It still seems like a dream come true that they made as extensive a line as they did. The thing is, other than whatever the new movie brings us, there isn't a lot of ground left to cover from the rest of the film series. Well, there is plenty, but nothing I can see Hasbro making. They hit most of the major characters and iconic vehicles. As much as I would love them to, I don't see them doing characters like Jock, Katanga, Brody, etc. I think our best hope is a small 6" run of figures and, though I know that's an unpopular choice, I'd be down for that.

Reaction score
I too loved the Indy line...still do. I have everything they made except the cloth top truck. It still seems like a dream come true that they made as extensive a line as they did. The thing is, other than whatever the new movie brings us, there isn't a lot of ground left to cover from the rest of the film series. Well, there is plenty, but nothing I can see Hasbro making. They hit most of the major characters and iconic vehicles. As much as I would love them to, I don't see them doing characters like Jock, Katanga, Brody, etc. I think our best hope is a small 6" run of figures and, though I know that's an unpopular choice, I'd be down for that.

in the context on a full Indy line (not a toy line) I don't see it like that at all. There is a lot they could have done, for example Dietrich, Brody, White Tux Indy, Belloq Linen suit, etc etc that's before you get to backgrounders like Katanga and jock etc. But as you say they will never do those now. I don't think they will do a line of figures at all big or small now. I think all we will get is some figures of Indy himself.

Reaction score
Yeah, count me in among those who went bonkers over the Indy line as well. And while I agree there were still plenty of figures left to do, the problem with a lot of characters in the Indy movies is that they're really just "guys in suits." Even though I'd personally buy the crap out of a Marcus Brody, Donovan, white suit Belloq, etc., I can see why a toy company would be a little bit hesitant to make figures of those guys.

Reaction score
Honestly, if they gave us a handful of Indys at 1/18 I'll be stoked, so long as they headsculpts are new, good, and ball jointed. I already plan on using the Zica, Bossfight, CFT, Marauder, and Zombie labs figures to make good custom Indy figures. All I want is a good head sculpt for them.

Last edited: