Indiana Jones & The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Indiana Jones & The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull

First, I am sorry if there is already an "Indy 4" thread. I went searching for it and found nothing, so I figured I'd post this here and if anyone bumps the thread up, I'll add it there and this one can be closed. Anyway, found this on comingsoon.net. Thought some here might be interested:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=6242

To sum up for those who don't want to click and read the short article:

The good news:
according to John Rhys-Davies (Sallah), there will probably be an "Indy 4"- as he has spoken with Lucas personally about it.

The bad news:
Right now the script is on hold since, in their talk, Lucas mentioned he wants to "[make] another pass at the script myself." Now we all know what George's writing skills have been like recently- I'm a little scared for "Indy 4" right now! I can see the tagline now:
Indy has survived Nazis, snakes, biblical destruction... but can he survive... RE-WRITES?!?!?

Thoughts?

-Arkman

Reaction score
Re: Indiana Jones 4 news

I hopw they do more Star Wars instead, I like Indy but I don't see a 60 year old man doing this flick.

G

did you see sean connery doing the last one? because he was around sixty then.

gMt

Reaction score

I gave up on this awhile ago. I'm a huge Indy fan, but I can't count how many restarts we've heard about for this project. Most of the setbacks seem to be coming from dear old George; I seem to remember the project almost getting a green light within the last year, only to have GL scuttle the script at the last minute.

At this point, I say leave it alone and let the legacy stay untarnished. The more I hear about it (and the longer they wait), the more this looks like a disaster waiting to happen.

Reaction score

Hey sounds like JRD will be in it, thats kinda cool.

Reaction score

If they do make an Indy 4 I hope they also bring back Karen Allen.

But it will probably be Kate Capshaw since she's Steven Spielberg's wife & Karen Allen didn't get along with Steven from what I've read.

Reaction score

I was laughing my [censored] of when I read that GL shelved it because he didn't like the script.

GL... script... he is concerned about a good script? That's a laugh.

Too little room for CGI, ey George?

Anyway... what would Indy 4 be about? Must be post WW-2. Hey they could combine it with Exorcist the Beginning...

I don't know, I shudder at the thought of any of the OT actors reprising their roles. What would Harrison Ford do? Can he still do the stuff? More important, will that be credible or laughable?

Indy made 3 nice movies, just don't crap it up with a 4th.

Indiana Jones and the bedpans of lake-view retirement centre?

Reaction score

If this doesn't get made in the next 2 years, they need to just let it go.

I don't believe Lucas wants a "crack" at the script though. He came up w/ the storyline and gave it to someone to write. That being Frank Darabont, who is more then able to write a killer script. Whose to say Spielberg isn't behind the delay? He's jumping into "War of the Worlds" w/ Cruise.

Reaction score

I'd be willing to bet a lot of money that Indy 4 never gets made. And that's fine with me. I don't want to see an old Indy wheezing his way through a jungle with his walker and oxygen tank.

Reaction score

By the time GL approves the script Jake Lloyd will be the new Indy....

Reaction score

Darth_Dork said:
I'd be willing to bet a lot of money that Indy 4 never gets made. And that's fine with me. I don't want to see an old Indy wheezing his way through a jungle with his walker and oxygen tank.

agreed.

Reaction score

The_Spirit_of_By_Tor said:
please george don't do that

Reaction score

blaster_E11_from_blastech said:
The_Spirit_of_By_Tor said:
please george don't do that
I found the Ark of the Covenant....Yippeee

I was really looking forward to this movie, but this is a time sensitve project. Harrison Ford ain't gettin' any younger and you would think GL would have considered that before he decided he didn't like the script. I agree with the previous post, who is George Lucas to tell Frank Darabont a script isn't good enough. That's like Steven King telling Charles Dickens that the ghosts in a Christmas Carol could have been scarier.

Reaction score

I thought the official word was that this was done and not coming back?

If it does get made, look for Indy to play a 60 year old Indiana Jones, in the 1960's - this time instead of Nazis, he's fighting Communists.

Reaction score

If it does get made, I'm imagining this being in the 1960's. Indy was born roughly in 1900, and Harrison was born in 1942, so he played Indy younger in the first three films.

I'm guessing the film will be somewhere along the lines of "Indy comes out of retirement for one last adventure!" The old card will played again and again. Kinda like Clint Eastwood in Unforgiven.

I want to see Karen Allen back as Marion

gMt

Reaction score

Boy, I had to dig quite a bit for this thread. It's been almost a year since anyone posted here! Well, at least the search feature is finally working again.

Here's a tidbit I found on AICN this morning regarding women in the new movie. I can't say I'm exactly encouraged by this news:

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Kate Capshaw talked to People Magazine about her career, kids, famous hubby and a new Indiana Jones. here's a bit of the interview

People : Is Steven doing another Indiana Jones?

KC : Yes, sometime next year. I believe Willie Scott's going to be making an appearance too.

People : What will that entail?

KC : I can't say. Not because Steven's sworn me to secrery, but because I really don't know yet. All I know is Willie might be coming back, Karen Allen, and possibly Calista [Flockhart]. I think Harrison's going to be outweighed by the women in the next one.

[/QUOTE]

I don't know about most of you, but I loathe the Willie Scott character. I felt like she almost single-handedly ruined Temple of Doom. Well, maybe that's a little extreme, but I really disliked the character. Give me Marion ANY day of the week over that babbling, needy wench.

Oh wait, isn't Kate Capshaw Spielberg's wife? I'm sure that has nothing to do with it.

Please, PLEASE don't screw this movie up. I have visions of Harrison Ford, in his trademark leather jacket, water-skiing and performing a stunt jump over a certain large, carnivorous fish.....

Reaction score

Loathing the Willie Scott character is a understatement for me, One of the main reasons I don't watch TTOD anymore

'Ok Kate, Scream really annoyingly for ages please...thanks'
X10

Reaction score

I don't like to belittle my elders, but have you seen Karen Allen and Kate Capshaw lately? They make it look like Harrison Ford aged well.

Reaction score

Ahh they can make it work. Some series seem to have only good odd number flicks or even. Bond Star Trek and others are like that.

Temple of Doom was a bit hokey. If Capshaw is in it they can name this one Seal of Doom.

If they wait to long they can just go back to Speilberg and Lucas' original choice for Indy Tom Selleck.

Reaction score

Ain'tItCool: </font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
INDY 4- Remember a while back when Rick McCallum said that the script for Indy 4 was virutally finished? Well, that doesn't seem to be so. Spielberg said last night that George Lucas is still working on the script with another writer and that Spielberg and Harrison Ford don't really know what is being done to the script.
-
3-D TECHNOLOGY- There was a recent online article about some new 3-D technology that said that Spielberg was developing some secret technology. Spielberg debunked this rumor. He said that Lucas was developing the 3-D technology and wanted to use it through Spielberg for Indy 4. He commented on the failed attempt at 3-D in the 50's as a way of competing with television and compared it to the current box office situation. He also said that he didn't like the idea of virtually immersing a viewer in a world because he feels it loses the art.

[/QUOTE]

Reaction score

I really don't want this to happen. Spielberg and Lucas are not what they used to be. Nor is Ford for that matter.

Reaction score

Dark_Destiny said:
Nor is Ford for that matter.
I have to disagree. I think Harrison Ford is still as good as he ever was. Sure he is older but that doesnt mean anything. He just plays the character at an older age. The day he stops making movies will be a sad day...

I do agree that Speilberg and Lucas are slipping though. Lucas more than any of them. Hey maybe he can just film the movie without Harrison and add him in later as a CGI?

Reaction score

I heard a rumour several years ago, that Lucas is in league with the government, and has been devoting the last few years to the discovery of an anti ageing serum, which he intends to ply Ford with prior to filming Indiana Jones 4.
Word has it, the serum came from a galaxy far far away.....

J.

Reaction score

I actually remember a rumor not to long ago about a possible storyline, the Fountain of Youth. It kind of sounds believable seeing that we have a 60 year old Harrison to work with. Don't worry Harrison, we still love 'ya.

Reaction score
Re: Marshall On Bourne 3, Indy 4 & JP4

(Via Dark Horizon's website)

"Frank Marshall confirmed to IESB this past week that "The Bourne Ultimatum", the third film in the Jason Bourne spy film franchise, will begin shooting on August 1st.

Whilst the plot will have no relation to the Robert Ludlum book of the same name ("The Bourne Supremacy" had no relation either), Marshall's only hint of the storyline? "There may be a relationship starting up between Julia Stiles' character and Matt Damon".

He also confirmed that expected "Indiana Jones" will happen immediately after "Bourne Ultimatum", and once Indy is done then will come a fourth "Jurassic Park".

Reaction score

I've heard so many conflicting arguments on this film I don't know what to think. I beleive it will happen, but then again Ghosbusters III was a sure thing several years ago till Bill Murray walked out.

Reaction score

Well, hey, if the Fonz can.. err, I mean, if Indy can jump the shark, well.....
heh heh.

Grand_Matt_Tarkin said:
Boy, I had to dig quite a bit for this thread. It's been almost a year since anyone posted here! Well, at least the search feature is finally working again.

Here's a tidbit I found on AICN this morning regarding women in the new movie. I can't say I'm exactly encouraged by this news:

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Kate Capshaw talked to People Magazine about her career, kids, famous hubby and a new Indiana Jones. here's a bit of the interview

People : Is Steven doing another Indiana Jones?

KC : Yes, sometime next year. I believe Willie Scott's going to be making an appearance too.

People : What will that entail?

KC : I can't say. Not because Steven's sworn me to secrery, but because I really don't know yet. All I know is Willie might be coming back, Karen Allen, and possibly Calista [Flockhart]. I think Harrison's going to be outweighed by the women in the next one.
I don't know about most of you, but I loathe the Willie Scott character. I felt like she almost single-handedly ruined Temple of Doom. Well, maybe that's a little extreme, but I really disliked the character. Give me Marion ANY day of the week over that babbling, needy wench.

Oh wait, isn't Kate Capshaw Spielberg's wife? I'm sure that has nothing to do with it.

Please, PLEASE don't screw this movie up. I have visions of Harrison Ford, in his trademark leather jacket, water-skiing and performing a stunt jump over a certain large, carnivorous fish.....

[/QUOTE]

Reaction score

Internet Movie Database said:
Ford Gives Spielberg & Lucas Indiana Jones Deadline
Harrison Ford has given movie moguls Steven Spielberg and George Lucas a two-year time frame to make the fourth Indiana Jones film. The ageing action man is confident the next installment of the heroic adventurer's exploits will make it to the big screen eventually, but he's keen to hurry the process along. The 63-year-old says, "It's looking very good to do another one. I haven't felt this positive about it happening in a long time... but if it doesn't happen in the next two years we should all forget it." The film is tentatively scheduled to begin production next year.
I'd have to agree with Ford. Either do it soon, or forget it!

Reaction score

Jedi_Mike said:
He also confirmed that expected "Indiana Jones" will happen immediately after "Bourne Ultimatum", and once Indy is done then will come a fourth "Jurassic Park".
Sure, why not? The last 2 JPs were SO good!

Reaction score

As reported today by Reuters:

BERLIN (Reuters) - Harrison Ford is ready to jump back into his favorite film role and begin shooting the fourth Indiana Jones movie soon, a German magazine quoted the Hollywood actor as saying on Wednesday.

Steven Spielberg and I now have a script in hand that we both like. I believe that we can start with the filming soon," Ford was quoted as saying in an interview with German lifestyle and entertainment magazine Fit for Fun.
The third and last Indy film, 1989 hit "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade," starred Ford as the whip-swinging archaeologist and

Sean Connery as his bumbling father.
Ford, 63, was quoted as saying that he needed "to do a little practicing with the whip" to avoid injuries.

I hope this means they will start shooting this year!

Reaction score

connery just had major surgery to remove a benign tumor. plus, i thought i had heard awhile back he was retiring from movie making.

either way... i don't see him going anywhere anytime soon. maybe a cameo appearance... but certainly not a major role.

Reaction score

I read recently Spielberg said he wanted to take a year off at the Oscars. Still don't think this movie will or should ever happen.

Reaction score

We don't need another Indy movie. Three is enough, and at least two of those are fantastic.

G

jedicat said:
We don't need another Indy movie.
Eh....I want another, but only if it's worth seeing.
I hope it won't have the same bad effect as the prequels did for Star Wars.

GNT

Reaction score

I said it once before they should leave it well alone. If it aint broke dont fix it. Indy 4 could possibly be TPM of the Indy films then again it could also be a huge hit - who knows. Dont know but I have a bad feeling about it. I'll still see it regardless and buy any toys they make

Reaction score

Personally I'd like Short Round to be in the new one. He was in a few things awhile back nothing major but I liked IJ and SR chemistry, even though they are older now.

Reaction score

The potential best thing that can happen out of this would be new figures. Other than that unless it has a terrific story it would be sad to see the old fogies at it again. Connery is only interested in video game roles it appears because he can stay for ever young. He made comments about wanting to do more 007 games (apparently he wants to do games for the films he wasn't in with his Bond in the lead role. Up next is apparently "On her majesty's secret service" which originally starred George Lazenby.)

Reaction score

According to Jay Leno the other night Harrison Ford and Steven Spielberg have agreed on a script and should begin work on the movie soon. The ancient relic in this one - Indiana Jones!

Reaction score

JediKnutt said:
According to Jay Leno the other night Harrison Ford and Steven Spielberg have agreed on a script and should begin work on the movie soon. The ancient relic in this one - Indiana Jones!
HAHA! I heard that Lucas was intent on making Harrison appear younger but I actually wouldn't mind the movie coming off as Indiana's last adventure as an older, wiser man. Now here's to speculation! Any thoughts on the fountain of youth or has the immortality thing been done enough in Last Crusade?

Status
Not open for further replies.