Indiana Jones - Rumors and Confirmations

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if Disney make Indy stuff for the Disney theme parks and stores only. perhaps we'll get an Elite series Indiana Jones die cast figure like the current SW figures, I'm thinking small 3" PVC sets similar to SW and maybe shirts for the kids and adults and of course Indy's Fedora (which is still a popular seller at WDW and DL.... I still have mine from 1996)

Reaction score
Wow, I have an Indy fedora that I purchased at Disneyland...also in 1996!

I'd be alright with and Elite series, as long as they aren't as hard to get as the Star Wars ones.

Reaction score
Wow, I have an Indy fedora that I purchased at Disneyland...also in 1996!

I'd be alright with and Elite series, as long as they aren't as hard to get as the Star Wars ones.

Reaction score
There most certainly will be toys. Not sure why there's any doubt about that. It will have been over 10 years since Crystal Skull, so they'll want to have something new on the shelves.

It's still 3 years away, but I'm guessing we'll get a basic line (maybe 5poa, depending on how Star Wars evolves) and a 6" Black Series line, at least. Hopefully, they'll just give us decent articulation in the basic line. And I'm sure Disney wiill have their own exclusive stuff (figurine packs, die cast figures, etc)

In any case, i'm gonna start stocking up on some Indy figure lots on ebay, in case I need to add articulation to whatever we end up getting.

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if Disney make Indy stuff for the Disney theme parks and stores only. perhaps we'll get an Elite series Indiana Jones die cast figure like the current SW figures, I'm thinking small 3" PVC sets similar to SW and maybe shirts for the kids and adults and of course Indy's Fedora (which is still a popular seller at WDW and DL.... I still have mine from 1996)
I wouldn't mind this approach - as long as this Disney IJ merchandise was also available online; I don't want to have to go to the Disney theme park just to get these collectibles.

You're right, though - since the 2008 IJ toyline did poorly @ retail, I don't see Hasbro wide-releasing an IJ toyline again. A much more limited release makes a lot more sense.

Reaction score
There most certainly will be toys. Not sure why there's any doubt about that. It will have been over 10 years since Crystal Skull, so they'll want to have something new on the shelves.

It's still 3 years away, but I'm guessing we'll get a basic line (maybe 5poa, depending on how Star Wars evolves) and a 6" Black Series line, at least. Hopefully, they'll just give us decent articulation in the basic line. And I'm sure Disney wiill have their own exclusive stuff (figurine packs, die cast figures, etc)

In any case, i'm gonna start stocking up on some Indy figure lots on ebay, in case I need to add articulation to whatever we end up getting.

Not sure why you are so certain. I have been suggesting that IJ toys would be very unlikely again. As for doubt? Well..... Its just my opinion but its based on the fact that the last line was a terrible seller and retailers cancelled it abruptly. I am sure they wish they never took it in the first place. There just isnt the fan base there for a mainstream IJ action figure line. Not all blockbuster high grossing films are suited to action figure lines, they just arent, despite how passionate a fan base may be. I am sure it was a nightmare for retailers and Hasbro. (and that is not taking into account some quality issues that Hasbro has to take the blame for). So because of all that, if Hasbro is smart (dont bite), its pretty likely that they wont go near IJ again other than some one off stuff?

Reaction score
I'm almost 100% certain based solely on the fact that it'll be a Disney production. I'm not saying they'll make a Star Wars or even Marvel scale line, but there will at least be figures for Indy 5, if nothing else. There will be figures, LEGO, Disney Infinity, etc. It would be silly not to make thhat stuff.

Like I said, it will have been over ten years since Crystal Skull when 5 hits theatres. That's a whole new generation of kids to have buy Indy products.

Maybe I'm too hopeful, and I'm not a gambler at all, but I'd put money on them overproducing product again before they ignore it altogether.

Reaction score
I loved the Indiana Jones Hasbro line but since they never really finished it, important characters were never released, and some figures weren't especially well done, I sold off my collection last year. It's a shame because I put a LOT of time into getting perfect paint apps on those figures because the QC was all over the map. I remember passing on entire shelves of figures that summer. Never did get Elsa or Mutt with his motorcylce or the SDCC Raiders set. The passion died after the line was canceled and it looked like no more movies were in sight to rekindle the line. Even with this news, I'm not too sad that I sold everything off. As Idpullthecurtain said, there just isn't enough of a fan base for a mainstream IJ line. Even if they do try to market this stuff again (a horrible business decision), it'll likely be lesser quality 5POA (remember, the IJ line was hitting when the modern SW line was hitting its prime) or a 6" line.

Reaction score
I think this time they will just focus on Indy's character merchandise and that's it. No full 3 3/4 line from all of the the films, etc.

Reaction score
Sounds like things are happening with the new movie. A few Spielberg quotes and Williams confirmed. Nothing major and its a still along way off, but wheels are turning..... As I always say, I wouldnt expect a full toy line, but I am sure there will be some product.

Reaction score
Sounds like things are happening with the new movie. A few Spielberg quotes and Williams confirmed. Nothing major and its a still along way off, but wheels are turning..... As I always say, I wouldnt expect a full toy line, but I am sure there will be some product.
This is great news indeed!

Reaction score
Just an FYI...use code TEMPLE over at SSC for $46 off their Temple of Doom Indy figure...I decided to pick one up for the man cave.

Reaction score
Searching on Ebay I've managed to pick up three of the Temple of Doom wave figures from 2008. Willie Scott, Chief Temple Guard, and a Temple Guard. All for about 25 bucks.

Reaction score
Picked up Short Round from ebay for just under twenty bucks.

Reaction score
So I was going through my complete collection and matching accessories but noticed by ROTLA Temple trap Indys have wrong heads going by CTR's archives.

Anyone have pictures of thiers? One of mine has a strange hat color not present on any others I could find and the other has a pretty nice looking head that doesn't match any of the others either...

Reaction score
So I was going through my complete collection and matching accessories but noticed by ROTLA Temple trap Indys have wrong heads going by CTR's archives.

Anyone have pictures of thiers? One of mine has a strange hat color not present on any others I could find and the other has a pretty nice looking head that doesn't match any of the others either...
Not sure what you mean? You mean you swapped the heads?

Reaction score
Might be easier if you posted pictures of what you are talking about exactly.

I can take pics of mine when I get home but, if IIRC, the Pit Fall and Temple Trap Indy figures were slightly different, but not really like what you are describing. With that being said, the paint apps were all over the place on these...to the extent that they might look like totally different sculpts. I bought an extra Pit Fall set to use it for a head swap. I used the Pit Fall Trap head in particular because it fit the KOTCS Indy without modification. IIRC, the Temple Trap head has a different ball joint size. Anyway, I bought one and popped it on and had a fairly serviceable ROTLA Indy:

Then I came across a Pit Fall set that an Indy with just the most awesome paint apps, so I bought a third Pit Fall set and replaced the previous Pit Fall head on my kitbash Indy:

So both heads in these pics are from the Pit Fall set but look totally different to me.

Reaction score
Had some spare time this afternoon, so I thought I'd dig out my Indy figures for a photo shoot:

Reaction score
So friend of mine told me yesterday that they announced a new Indy movie, is this finally happening. Or still just speculation. I've not seen anything on the webs personally.

Reaction score
So friend of mine told me yesterday that they announced a new Indy movie, is this finally happening. Or still just speculation. I've not seen anything on the webs personally.
Yes, they announced it a while ago and even had a release date set but I believe they pushed it back a year at one point. Supposed to be release 9 Jul 2021

Last edited:

bac

Reaction score
Was unpacking my Indy figures into a new display today. After marveling at how good some of them look, like Henry Sr. and the German Mechanic, I had an idea.

How I'd bring the line back a year out from the new movie as an all-Internet exclusive, risk and all.

Step 1: Announce the previously rumored and at least modeled Flying Wing as a HasLab project. It would include the previously released German Mechanic on a new TVC style card back with a nice large movie image and Photo Real Tech face, and he would be numbered #1 ala The Vintage Collection. Probably looking at $299 to pull this off.

This is the Barge approach to reignite interest in the line. Give the fans what was planned and dropped not once, but twice now. It would have to be majestic/model-like and of Barge quality/detail.

The card back would be designed in a way that it looked like it belonged in the same family as the TVC card backs. Distinctly Indiana Jones, but clearly related to TVC. MOC Collectors should appreciate this.

Step 2: IF Step 1 funds in 45 days then prep a wave of figures #2 through #7 on the new TVC-style card backs to be available when the Flying Wing ships. Four could be the harder-to-get figures from the lost wave (everyone except zzzz Indy with Bazooka) with Photo real tech, and two could be all-new. The all-new would be two-per-case while the others would be one-per-case. Dietrich/Donovan and Flying Wing pilot (someone needs to man the plane) come to mind.

Step 3: Take a similar approach to Step 2 as budget/success warrants, mixing figures from the different movies and movie #5. Partial or all re-sculpts if needed to keep TVC quality consistency. Looking at you, horribly posed Marion with frying pan and the lunging Grail Knight with stiff cape.

After a little momentum gets going then you look at small combo packs to get the side car into the line, and possibly a second HasLab (ha ha) for The Last Crusade tank.

Reaction score
Since Hasbro holds the License, I seriously doubt we'll see a line of figures. Even for a just one Movie, possibly a few 6" figures of key characters. In all honesty, I pretty much have anything I could ever want from this Franchise. The last Movie made so many that it covered just about all the bases. Sure, as with any there are probably one or two that would be neat to have.

I'm curious if they have ever considered something from Indy for a Haslab project, and what would be the most sensible item? I don't feel too much is that iconic when it comes to vehicles etc.

As for the movie, I wonder what they will do to make it interesting this time around.

Reaction score
I’m honestly curious why so many people think Hasbro will skip a toy line for the next movie. Just because they overproduced the Crystal Skull line doesn’t necessarily mean it failed, and besides, that was ten years ago. There will be a whole new batch of kids by then, as well as many new collectors. Not to mention Hasbro’s increased production capabilities. I see AT LEAST a 6” line, but I do think they’ll have a kid oriented line as well. Whatever form that takes. 5”? Maybe.

It would be cool if they did a vintage style line with brand new sculpts in Kenner style cards, but I’m not going to *expect* something like that.

bac

Reaction score
I’m honestly curious why so many people think Hasbro will skip a toy line for the next movie. Just because they overproduced the Crystal Skull line doesn’t necessarily mean it failed, and besides, that was ten years ago. There will be a whole new batch of kids by then, as well as many new collectors. Not to mention Hasbro’s increased production capabilities. I see AT LEAST a 6” line, but I do think they’ll have a kid oriented line as well. Whatever form that takes. 5”? Maybe.

It would be cool if they did a vintage style line with brand new sculpts in Kenner style cards, but I’m not going to *expect* something like that.
If the new Star Wars plan for RoS works i.e. collector (TVC and HR), hybrid (BS) and kid line (GoA) running side-by-side in different scales, then I could see something similar for Indy 5. Maybe not as big as SW because Indy isn't as big as SW, but SOMETHING rather than NOTHING.

I firmly believe it would take a HasLab-level item to reignite interest in 3-3/4" for Indy i.e. the Flying Wing or Crusade Tank. And I'll gladly pose that question to Hasbro if ever given the opportunity.

It's a shame the best Indy products came out after the axe had already dropped and sucked the life out of the line.

Reaction score
I'd prefer the Hatay tank over the Flying Wing, honestly. Not only is it more visually interesting, but because the Nazis borrowed it from the sultan, it has the Hatay symbol on it, not the Swastika, unlike the Flying Wing, so they could make it completely screen accurate without censoring anything. And maybe then we can get a Hatay Kübelwagen, too. :)

Last edited:

bac

Reaction score
I'd prefer the Hatay tank over the Flying Wing, honestly. Not only is it more visually interesting, but because the Nazis borrowed it from the sultan, it has the Hatay symbol on it, not the Swastika, unlike the Flying Wing, so they could make it completely screen accurate without censoring anything. And maybe then we can get a Hatay Kübelwagen, too. :)
I concur. It has more display and play value than the Flying Wing. Will easy fit on a shelf whereas the Wing won't.

But the tank might be a harder sell coming from the third film versus first. And the Wing is a tad more iconic. At least we know Hasbro has recent tank experience.

In a perfect world one release would lead to the next.

The Kübelwagen would be great!

Reaction score
The Flying Wing also wouldn't have a whole lot of display area on it for fighting, where as with the tank, you could position German infantry piling out of the thing, Indy using his whip to stop Dad from being dragged under the tank, etc.

Though if the tank would have actual working treads instead of wheels underneath, that might be something.