Indiana Jones - Rumors and Confirmations

Reaction score
Raiders had the Cairo Indy and the Fertility Idol Indy versions.

Reaction score
Ah, but Tuxedo Indy is action oriented (and thus in Hasbro's eyes, kid friendly). He skewered a bad guy, was shot at, hid behind a gong, jumped out a window, and fired a gun during a chase scene. I always thought of this as a cool but stagent figure, but when you go on to think of all of the action scenes with this outfit, it could really work. Pack him with a gun, flaming skewer, antidote, and maybe a sword to cut the gong, and it could work. Heck make it a deluxe and pack it with the gong. Now that I think of it, Indy had more action scenes in this outfit than the disguise used in the dlx Ark pack.

Reaction score
mrbyz said:
Ah, but Tuxedo Indy is action oriented (and thus in Hasbro's eyes, kid friendly). He skewered a bad guy, was shot at, hid behind a gong, jumped out a window, and fired a gun during a chase scene. I always thought of this as a cool but stagent figure, but when you go on to think of all of the action scenes with this outfit, it could really work. Pack him with a gun, flaming skewer, antidote, and maybe a sword to cut the gong, and it could work. Heck make it a deluxe and pack it with the gong. Now that I think of it, Indy had more action scenes in this outfit than the disguise used in the dlx Ark pack.
That's an excellent point. I would love to be proven wrong, since I would love to get this figure. I just have a hunch that Hasbro is gonna hold off on him.

From your lips to god's ears....

Reaction score
Back on Mutt with his sunglasses, he doesn't wear shades in the movie but he does in the comic adaptation (I bought it yesterday).

Reaction score
With all the leaked rumors for the star wars line lately, I am a little surprised that we have heard ZERO rumors for the Indy line? Whats up with that!
We need those rebel spies Curto mentions in his posts to do a little more digging...
I hope that no news is not bad news for this line, all we have heard hasbro mention is one more Raiders wave after the TOD wave and a motorbike with side car.

Reaction score
mrbyz said:
Pack him with a gun, flaming skewer, antidote, and maybe a sword to cut the gong, and it could work. Heck make it a deluxe and pack it with the gong.
I'd be all over that. The gong would make an excellent accessory. As would the boulder from RotLA

Reaction score
According to a recent Q&A, the 2009 Temple of Doom wave will have a "Club Obi Wan" slant

Q2. Have you considered the opening scene in the Temple of Doom, for a possible 2009 wave? I think a Tux Indy, Lao Che and his sons and Willie in her performance outfit would fit in great with this fantastic line! Just curious if this is on your radar.

A2. Those are indeed great selections and very close to what we are planning for a 2009 Temple of Doom wave. More details will come later in the year!

Reaction score
That's pretty cool, we need a dancer too.
Since there is no rumored figure or really anything to add, I won't put it in yet.

Reaction score
Sad news, the relics end with wave 4:

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Cool Toy Review: Will the hidden relics hidden inside the crates continue on into 2009? We love the added element of both the relic itself, and the crate it comes in is a nice way to build up Area 51 scenes.

Hasbro: The relics will end with Wave 4 this year, and will be replaced by figure bases for all of the new figures in 2009.

[/QUOTE]

Reaction score
Sith_Dreamer said:
Sad news, the relics end with wave 4:

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Cool Toy Review: Will the hidden relics hidden inside the crates continue on into 2009? We love the added element of both the relic itself, and the crate it comes in is a nice way to build up Area 51 scenes.

Hasbro: The relics will end with Wave 4 this year, and will be replaced by figure bases for all of the new figures in 2009.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the relics are cool, but by Wave 4 there probably wouldn't be much left to cover. I think stands (provided that they're cool) will be a welcome alternative. I wonder if they'll all be one generic "Indiana Jones" logo, movie specific logos, or possibly sculpted diorama-like stands (like SW:RotS)? May have to add this question in the next round of Q n A.

Reaction score
Awesome to hear about Donovans confirmation this week. Also a wave planned around the Club Obi-Wan scene would be awesome. I always loved that scene so much.

Cant wait for next month to see the TOD first wave figures and maybe the next ROTLA wave of figures?

Reaction score
I bet Donovan will come with an extra 'chose poorly' head, like Toht. As for the Club Obi Wan wave, Hasbro's 'very close' makes me think that we'll get Indy, Willy and Lao Che, if not the sons.

Reaction score
altKenner said:
I bet Donovan will come with an extra 'chose poorly' head, like Toht. As for the Club Obi Wan wave, Hasbro's 'very close' makes me think that we'll get Indy, Willy and Lao Che, if not the sons.
I REALLY hope we get alternate heads for Donovan, Toht and Dietrich. That would be awesome.

I can see you being right out the club Owi-Wan figures, maybe it will also have some Thugee figures too - like the Priest and Maharaja?

Reaction score
A 'Demise of Spalko' figure would be an easy retool...

As for the second TOD wave, Chattar Lal in purple robes with a knife and Temple Priest (the dude with the white face and bare chest) would be good choices. The Priest is appearing in the Adventure Heroes line so it wouldn't surprise me to see him in figure form. And the Maharajah would be cool - I'd prefer the version with the voodoo doll. Then there's barechested 'possessed' Indy, and a couple of good outfits for Willie but after that it gets a little thin for really exciting figures. There's Short Round with his coat on which I guess would be a good kid friendly choice.

I saw some really cool Thugee Guards in the movie but can't find any pictures of them - basically they're all in black and they take the Maharajah away when Indy recovers from being possessed. I'd love to see them.

If the basic figure choices are bit thin, there's a lot of possible deluxe sets:
Indy with gong
Indy with liferaft
Giant Thugee with one part of the crusher
TOD Indy with sleeve and the other part of the crusher
Mine cars
Thugee with rope bridge
Mola Ram and crocodile...

Reaction score
Given that people (wrongly! so very, very wrongly!) consider "Doom" the worst of the Indy movies, I don't think they will give that film as much attention as the others.

I would be surprised if we even get a Chatter Lal or more than 2 versions of Willie, like, ever. I think it's safe to say we'll never see a Short Round variant or any of the more obscure (albeit cool-looking) Thugees.

I'm very psyched to hear about the '09 Club Obi Wan wave, but who knows what, if anything, they'll cull from "Doom" for 2010 and beyond.

Reaction score
While Doom certainly isn't the best Indy movie, its better then a lot of other movies. And by far its visually one of the most interesting, especially with the villains.

Reaction score
DarthPete said:
While Doom certainly isn't the best Indy movie, its better then a lot of other movies. And by far its visually one of the most interesting, especially with the villains.
No, it's not the best Indy movie. But it is the second best.

Reaction score
Happy birthday DarthPete! Long live Teek!

altKenner said:
As for the Club Obi Wan wave, Hasbro's 'very close' makes me think that we'll get Indy, Willy and Lao Che, if not the sons.
Could Lao Che and his 3 sons all use the same body sculpt?

If this is true, it would be really cool to get Lao Che single carded and his two sons in a deluxe pack with new heads of course and different accessories guns removeable scarf etc etc

***edit - I just got off my butt and popped the dvd in. They all really could be the same sculpts for the body and just paint the tuxes slightly different. That and give the non-skewered son wraps for his left hand.

The only real difference, which personally I hope Hasbro pays no attention to, would be the fact that Lao Che has some sort of floral pattern in his tux. I say make em plain black tuxes, do the paint apps as necessary, and we get all three of them like I described above. Heck, you could even custom make the two Lao Che thugs standing behind them if you bought a second of the deluxe packs. See where I am going with this Hasbro? $$$$$$$$$$

Reaction score
To me TOD is the worst Indy movie of the old ones. But visually the figures are awesome.

I would love to see this as the next wave of TOD figures;

Indy (Club Obi-Wan)
Willie (Club Obi-Wan)
Lou Che
Maharaja
Thugge Priest
Thugge Slave Driver

Reaction score
Temple of Doom doesn't belong in the same conversation as ROTLA and IJTLC.

Besides Indy, TOD had no interesting characters. Willie and Short Round were Hollywood standards (screaming city girl in rural setting; hyper kid who talks constantly), two-dimensional space fillers... Also, TOD had no interesting or relatable villains or Maguffins, which come across as very generic. Most every American can relate to the Nazi menace and Christian mythology.

But those action figures sure do look good!

Reaction score
Updated the list to reflect the new Indy rumors, placed the torn shirt Indy into the Temple of Doom wave and updated with the new news about the second Cargo Truck.

Reaction score
Oh man, I want a Club Obi-Wan Indy figure BIG TIME! Tood bad we have to wait until 2009 for it. I've also considered making it a deluxe set with the gong. You better make sure you make this figure soon, Hasbro...."Or anything goes."

Also - what do you guys think of a deluxe set Indy with Refridgerator from KOTCS? He would have to SA to fit in there, but I'm down with that.

ps- with the exception of Willie's incessant whining and a couple of scenes I still think are kinda hokey, I've grown to love TOD to the point that now it's my second favorite. Never thought I'd say that.

Reaction score
Reaction score
I found some interesting possible figures on a list from Blister, a big action store in Tokyo:

(for August release)

Deluxe Figures:

Indiana Jones with Rocket Sled
Indiana Jones with Soul Trap
Indiana Jones with Map Trap

12 Inch Indiana Jones with Sword Action (ToD perhaps?)
12 Inch Colonel Dovchenko

no pics of any of this but the listing is here:

http://www.blister.jp/item/list/page/2/character/675/item_type/149/

Reaction score
darthjaybay said:
Wonder what the soul or map traps could be? Well of souls maybe? Maybe Map room?
Could be an odd translation issue? Seems like a good guess that they're pieces from the Map Room and Well of Souls.

I was hoping that we'd get more complete versions of those locales, not just little pieces like Temple Trap and Temple Pitfall.

Reaction score
I am kinda surprised no one has mentioned this yet. A friend that works at walmart found these names in the walmart computer. So, this will be a confirmation.
Marion(possibly white dress)
German Mechanic
Toht(we all know now that this is confirmed)
a character in German Outfit(I am guessing Indy in disguise)
surprise figure no one was expecting this soon
Satipo
Unfortunately, there was no sign of another Belloq or Donovan in the Walmart computer.
More to come hopefully soon

Reaction score
wallyman1 said:
So, this will be a confirmation.
German Mechanic
Satipo
Unfortunately, there was no sign of another Belloq or Donovan in the Walmart computer.
We knew about Marion and Toht, but the rest are kind of new. It doesn't say anything about which Mechanic, but it says a character in German outfit? :p

BTW, who is Satipo? :p

Reaction score
Satipo, that's a bit of a surprise. I figured we'd see that German disguise Indy pretty quick since all Hasbro has to do is stick an Indy head on the German soldier mold.

Reaction score
Satipo is the character that Alfred Molina plays at the beginning of Raiders. I believe that role was his first acting job also.

Reaction score
wallyman1 said:
I am kinda surprised no one has mentioned this yet. A friend that works at walmart found these names in the walmart computer. So, this will be a confirmation.
German Mechanic
Satipo
SURELY there will be an Indy figure. But dont forget Dietrich is also confirmed for this wave....

Reaction score
wallyman1 said:
German Mechanic
Satipo
I'm confused - your friend found a figured called "surprise character"?
Um, how does that work, exactly?

Toht, Dietrich and white dress Marion have been confirmed by Hasbro for some time. As, I believe, was the German mechanic (or at least strongly hinted at.)

Satipo is very cool. The lack of Belloq is disappointing, but maybe they felt they had enough villains in the wave already. Sounds like a great wave.

Reaction score
Lance_Quazar said:
wallyman1 said:
German Mechanic
Satipo
I'm confused - your friend found a figured called "surprise character"?
Um, how does that work, exactly?

Toht, Dietrich and white dress Marion have been confirmed by Hasbro for some time. As, I believe, was the German mechanic (or at least strongly hinted at.)

Satipo is very cool. The lack of Belloq is disappointing, but maybe they felt they had enough villains in the wave already. Sounds like a great wave.
I think he means Satipo is a suprise figure, and not that there is another figure named "suprise".

I hope this list is accurate, the TOD listing that came from the Wal-Mart computer was spot on. Hope this is too. We might find out in a couple of weeks at the SDCC?

Reaction score
^Ah, okay.

Great list, I love every character in this wave. Wish there was a Belloq, but there isn't a dud on the list, so bring 'em on! (I guess I'd prefer another Belloq before Indy-in-German disguise, but I get that we need an Indy in every wave, so I'm cool with it.)