Indiana Jones 5

Reaction score
Re: Indiana Jones 5?

Thanks, but no thanks, George. I didn't dislike Indy IV, but I didn't think it was all that great either. I have a very hard time imagining an Indy V that would be any improvement.

Reaction score

No Shia. No Shia. No Shia. No Shia. No Shia. No Shia. No Shia. No Shia!

NO SHIA!!!!!

Reaction score

NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO.

Can I be anymore clear on that?

Reaction score

Tell you what, if you don't want to see it, don't go. Easy as pie!

As for me, bring on Indy 5!

Reaction score

If they keep this up any longer we are going to be looking at "Indiana Jones and the Nursing Home of Doom"!

Reaction score

it will be a rental after the crapfest known as kotcs.

Reaction score

I'd look forward to Indy V much more than the annual crap that is Will Ferrel's latest.

I can't believe the people whining about aliens in Indy IV. As if an Ark that shoots electricity through Nazis, or makes those that view its contents melt/explode is any more realistic. Or cult leaders that can tear the heart out of a person with their fingers, leaving no scar and a living person behind. Or a 500 year old knight, kept alive by water that keeps one forever young, and can make bullet holes disappear.

Are these the same critics that last year were raving about a movie featuring huge alien robots that can take the shape of Earth's vehicles?

Indy IV was a nice trip down memory lane, bringing an old icon back to life in a reasonable update to the franchise (minus nuclear blasted refrigerators). It was one of only two films I've seen this year (the other being Iron Man), and I wouldn't substitute Indy for any other movie released this year.

Ian

Reaction score

Ian_C said:
I'd look forward to Indy V much more than the annual crap that is Will Ferrel's latest.

I can't believe the people whining about aliens in Indy IV. As if an Ark that shoots electricity through Nazis, or makes those that view its contents melt/explode is any more realistic. Or cult leaders that can tear the heart out of a person with their fingers, leaving no scar and a living person behind. Or a 500 year old knight, kept alive by water that keeps one forever young, and can make bullet holes disappear.

Are these the same critics that last year were raving about a movie featuring huge alien robots that can take the shape of Earth's vehicles?

Indy IV was a nice trip down memory lane, bringing an old icon back to life in a reasonable update to the franchise (minus nuclear blasted refrigerators). It was one of only two films I've seen this year (the other being Iron Man), and I wouldn't substitute Indy for any other movie released this year.

Ian
Wait, you mean that's not how we killed the Nazis?

Didn't Indy drink the same water, so he lives forever, right? Of course they'll do a 5, Indy ain't goin' nowhere.

Reaction score

SSIntimidator said:
Ian_C said:

Ian
Wait, you mean that's not how we killed the Nazis?

Didn't Indy drink the same water, so he lives forever, right? Of course they'll do a 5, Indy ain't goin' nowhere.
Indy would have to keep on drinking from the holy grail in order to live forever. Indy's father, Henry, died because he didn't drink from the holy grail more than once and because of old age.

Reaction score

Ian_C said:
I thought Transformers sucked too. I'm an equal opportunity film hater.

On, and the original three Indy movies always dealt with the supernatural. Yes, the stuff wasn't real, but it was always based on religious artifacts. Not the skulls of technologically advanced beings from another universe. However, the aliens were only a small fraction of what some of us didn't like in the latest movie.

Reaction score

For starters, Indy needs to be unique again if he is to ever gain my attention again. Here's a list of what I would NOT like to see in the second film.

1. An "Enemy to America" nation that wants power from an artifact that Indy must single handedly stop them from acquiring.
2. Family issues.
3. Mutt Williams. Indiana Jones is supposed to have a daughter, not a son. In the young Indiana Jones series, not only does he have a daughter but there is no indication of Mutt's character anywhere. The only reason I can think of as to why Lucas and Spielberg went with a son is because they wanted to do another "Junior" joke. What a wonderful trade off.
4. New characters who establish their long history with Jones through bad dialogue. "This is nothing like the time we did that one thing that one time."
5. Obvious Star Wars references.

Reaction score

Dr_Zoltar said:
On, and the original three Indy movies always dealt with the supernatural. Yes, the stuff wasn't real, but it was always based on religious artifacts. Not the skulls of technologically advanced beings from another universe.
I guess it may depend then on your stance concerning religion. Not trying to make this into a religious post, but I put more credence in the existence in aliens than I do religious powers.

Besides, alien or religious artifact, the one thing the Jones films have tying them all together is that they are all based in real life mysteries.

The first had the Ark, the second dealt with a real life Indian cult of the Thuggee, and symbolic stones of worship to the Hindu god Shiva, while the third dealt with the Fountain of Youth. The latest deals with crystal skulls. All four had Indy involved with items of historical - yet supernatural - artifacts.

I see no difference.

Ian

Reaction score

i think i would take pretty much any indy movie they would give us. i would prefer if they would recast and drop back to 35ish indy, but any indy is better than none.

Reaction score

IndianaVader said:
I say go for it. The more Indy the better.
Not after I saw this.

"If I can come up with another idea that they like, we'll do another."- George Lucas

Why must it always be Lucas's idea?! How about giving the reigns to someone else for a change and truly create a unique spin on the franchise? Honestly, what's the worst that can happen? It can't be that hard to make a better film than the Crystal Skull.

Reaction score

Jeyl said:
IndianaVader said:
Not after I saw this.

"If I can come up with another idea that they like, we'll do another."- George Lucas

Why must it always be Lucas's idea?! How about giving the reigns to someone else for a change and truly create a unique spin on the franchise? Honestly, what's the worst that can happen? It can't be that hard to make a better film than the Crystal Skull.
You're right. Somebody should have helped Lucas when he was working on the Phantom Menace

Reaction score

Ian_C said:
Dr_Zoltar said:
On, and the original three Indy movies always dealt with the supernatural. Yes, the stuff wasn't real, but it was always based on religious artifacts. Not the skulls of technologically advanced beings from another universe.
I guess it may depend then on your stance concerning religion. Not trying to make this into a religious post, but I put more credence in the existence in aliens than I do religious powers.

Besides, alien or religious artifact, the one thing the Jones films have tying them all together is that they are all based in real life mysteries.

The first had the Ark, the second dealt with a real life Indian cult of the Thuggee, and symbolic stones of worship to the Hindu god Shiva, while the third dealt with the Fountain of Youth. The latest deals with crystal skulls. All four had Indy involved with items of historical - yet supernatural - artifacts.

I see no difference.

Ian
That just about sum's up my view(s) on Indy 4 and the inclusion of "extraterrestrial material" into the film. Very well said Ian!!!

Whether it's golden boxes housing ghosts, cups allowing for eternal life, or crystal skulls supposedly created by beings from other worlds, it's all based on myth and legend. And I too see more of a likelihood of other life existing elsewhere in the Universe (which is my main area of interest in terms of my own research!!!), although I find absurd the idea that beings of 'higher intelligence' have been to Earth in the past or are trying to play hide-and-seek with us right now, than the possible existence of an ark or holy grail.

And I know I've mentioned this before in other posts I've made regarding Indy 4 - but this film (Indy 4) was NOT the first time extraterrestrials were included in the Indy saga. The first (I believe...) would be the book "Indiana Jones and the Sky Pirates," a book released back in the '90s

As for an Indy 5 - I say "BRING IT ON!!!" I loved Indy 4 (saw it three times and was planning on a fourth!)

Reaction score

IndianaVader said:

_Max
Me to if it is bad ill just ignore it but I have confidence in GL yes even after TPM

Reaction score

I would like an Indy V, but I'd like it better if it went more in the direction Spielberg wants it to (based on the past/future comments).

Reaction score

Come on George, start making all those esoteric avante garde films that no one wants to see.

I'd actually LIKE to see more films in the same vein as THX-1138.

GNT

Reaction score

Kneel_Before_Zod said:
I hope they make a part 5, and a part 6 after that.
I like my movies in trilogies and 4 just doesnt sit right with me. If they have a good story to tell then bring it on but if it's horrible then they should quit before it get's out of hand.

Reaction score

Sendintheclones said:
I don't mind Shia.

But please George, no more flying saucers,...mmkay?

George? Haven't you ever noticed the diretor's preoccupation with E.T.s?

Reaction score

echo1441 said:
Sendintheclones said:
I don't mind Shia.

But please George, no more flying saucers,...mmkay?

George? Haven't you ever noticed the diretor's preoccupation with E.T.s?
Actually, the alien angle was George's idea, and Spielberg opposed it for a long time.

Reaction score

WARNING: Personal opinion about to be administered. Do not take personally.

I would be more than happy if they would let the Indy franchise rest for the time being. For the year, Indy 4 was the only disappointment that I experienced at the movie theater. So, if they venture into a fifth one, I will be avoiding it like the plague.

Now, I know others enjoyed Indy 4, and that's fine. I didn't. So, y'all have fun.

Reaction score

I want Indy 5 but maybe George better listen to Steven alittle more on this one.

Reaction score

I'd go for it with a new Indy. Ford just can't pull it off. It works for Bond and with the right actor it could work for Indy as well.

Reaction score

Wow... I can't believe how open an honest Lucas was in that interview. I think Lucas needs some help. He's got issues. Lucas should have about 20% control for future Indy films for them to have a chance at being decent.

Reaction score

"If I can come up with another idea that they like, we'll do another. Really, with the last one, Steven wasn't that enthusiastic. I was trying to persuade him. But now Steve is more amenable to doing another one. Yet we still have the issues about the direction we'd like to take. I'm in the future; Steven's in the past. He's trying to drag it back to the way they were, I'm trying to push it to a whole different place. So, still we have a sort of tension. This recent one came out of that. It's kind of a hybrid of our own two ideas, so we'll see where we are able to take the next one."

What future is George in? If aliens were the future of the series, I want Spielburg to have full control over this next movie. Lucas has lost his vision of Indy and Star Wars in a wallet full of money. Lucas, Speilburg isn't dragging Indy to the past, he's trying to save it by returning to its roots!

Reaction score

RebelTrooper1138 said:

What future is George in? If aliens were the future of the series, I want Spielburg to have full control over this next movie. Lucas has lost his vision of Indy and Star Wars in a wallet full of money. Lucas, Speilburg isn't dragging Indy to the past, he's trying to save it by returning to its roots!
Seeing as how it appeared Uncle George was attempting to link his two film series (Star Wars and Indy) by including aliens in an Indy film, I wouldn't be surprised to see Dr. Jones, or even Mutt for that matter, show up in the Star Wars Cantina in the next movie.

Reaction score

StarbaseEarth said:
I'll be there opening weekend!!!

Throw a few Mummies in there and I'll see it Twice
I could have sworn Brendan Fraser already had that franchise.