Imperial Trooper Patrol - Speculation

GNT

Reaction score
According to Yakface we should be seeing an Imperial Trooper Patrol figure in the near future, no further details about this item just yet:

Reaction score
I recommended that the 6" BS Patrol Trooper have his own bike and be sold as a deluxe figure instead,......same comment here unless we get a patrol bike w/trooper with a special articulation (maybe knee articulation) like during the POTF2 days sometime down the line. Just my $.02.

Reaction score
so want at least 2 of these guys if they come with the speeder bikes... maybe use the same type of flight stands like the TRU Endor Speeder bikes and make the figures with multiple points of articulation so that they look natural on the bikes.

Reaction score
I would definitely be all for a Imperial Patrol Trooper w/the Speeder from the film. I hope Hasbro comes out with this at some point, even though Solo has been gone from theaters for a while.

I really like this new Imperial Patrol trooper, and the Speeder looks fantastic - much more substantial & rugged-looking than the Speeder Bike from ROTJ, but I guess that was the whole point here.

I remember seeing the Revell model set of this Trooper/Bike this past summer (on store shelves), but had 0 interest in this since I don't like/collect models. Also, even if I didn't mind the model aspect & just wanted to display this, it appeared to be slightly smaller in scale than the 3.75" figures, and wouldn't have gone well with the regular figures in my collection.

Reaction score
I remember seeing the Revell model set of this Trooper/Bike this past summer (on store shelves), but had 0 interest in this since I don't like/collect models. Also, even if I didn't mind the model aspect & just wanted to display this, it appeared to be slightly smaller in scale than the 3.75" figures, and wouldn't have gone well with the regular figures in my collection.
Just got the Revell set, it's quite good actually. No paint or glue required, no separating parts from the sprue and you'll have the two bikes built in 10 minutes. The bikes are under-scaled mind you, 1/28th scale as opposed to 1/18th. The figures included with the set definitely look too small. The bikes themselves aren't bad displayed with any SA trooper, though they can't reach the foot pedals properly.

@ Darth_Sceptaurus,
This particular trooper is currently only known to be part of the 6-pack, no single carded release or vehicle pack-in is known at this time.

Reaction score
TBH, Hasbro should skip a single release and simply jump into doing a Imperial Patrol Speeder with a pack-in, but not a direct reissue but a retool with articulated knees at least (much like the First Order Speeder Bike Elite stormtrooper).

Reaction score
Thanks for the detailed review of the ITP w/Speeder Revell model set - I appreciate that. However, the fact that this is under-scaled will keep me from getting this. Also, I'm holding out for a traditional 3.75" vehicle, which will hopefully come out at some point - even though we know it won't be anytime soon.

TBH, Hasbro should skip a single release and simply jump into doing a Imperial Patrol Speeder with a pack-in, but not a direct reissue but a retool with articulated knees at least (much like the First Order Speeder Bike Elite stormtrooper).
Agree 100%. The Rey that came with the Speeder from TFA line didn't have articulated knees, and looked terrible & awkward sitting on the bike; you had to buy another, more articulated Rey in order to have one that sat on the bike, and that didn't have the correct head (with the face mask). Very sloppy & cheap on Hasbro's part.

Conversely, the TPM Maul that came with the Speeder back in '99 had articulated knees, even though that movie line was 5POA as well. I.e., there's no reason they can't make an exception for the knees of the figures that come with these types of vehicles.

Reaction score
Those figures have roots traced all the way back to the POTF2 Biker Scout/Speederbike pack-in figure when it was exception back in the day amongst the POTF2 figure articulation of the time. So yeah, providing 'exception' articulation, even with the slightest tooling, makes for a better 'toyetic' figure/vehicle set. :D

Reaction score
That certainly looks like printed resin. I have the HW version, which is enough for me. I also bought the Target trooper multipack for the figure. This figure has its own SKU / UPC for individual release, but wave 4 of Solo is probably it for the year, so there's been speculation as to whether it will actually be carded, along with the mystery figure, assumed to be Dryden Vos.

Reaction score
Well, I'll hold off on getting him Black Series, unless I happen to come across him in stores. I've had him in my Ebay cart for weeks but haven't pulled the trigger.

Reaction score
No, the scale is maybe an inch for the figure on the HW version, and the vehicle itself is maybe 2.5 inches. I prefer the small diecast ships over the large Hasbro versions.

Reaction score
The Target exclusive multipack is interesting, but I am passing on this since the only figure I really want from this set is the ITP figure; and, my days of buying a set like this for just 1 figure are behind me. And, since it doesn't have articulated knees, it wouldn't fit correctly on a theoretical, yet to be released Speeder anyway.

Reaction score
No edit button:

I also wanted to add that the die cast metal ITP ship is fairly cool; I hadn't seen this before - if it's still being found @ retail, I'll probably get two of these. I typically discount these ships, but since this hasn't been made in the 3.75" scale yet, I'd like to have at least one version of this ;)

I am on the verge of finally watching Solo for the first time (on Blu-ray), and I look forward to seeing all of these new ships & vehicles in the film. I

Reaction score
No edit button:

I also wanted to add that the die cast metal ITP ship is fairly cool; I hadn't seen this before - if it's still being found @ retail, I'll probably get two of these. I typically discount these ships, but since this hasn't been made in the 3.75" scale yet, I'd like to have at least one version of this ;)

I am on the verge of finally watching Solo for the first time (on Blu-ray), and I look forward to seeing all of these new ships & vehicles in the film. I
Unless you are a jaded fan that is going into watching Solo with the preconceived notion that you WILL dislike it...I can guarantee you will find it an enjoyable and fun Star Wars movie.

Reaction score
Nice bike, but I'm not sure the 5POA figure will fit very well. That's why I'm hoping they end up making an SA version!

Reaction score
Unless you are a jaded fan that is going into watching Solo with the preconceived notion that you WILL dislike it...I can guarantee you will find it an enjoyable and fun Star Wars movie.
Good point. Actually, despite the fact that Solo got slammed by critics & fans alike, I have already decided that I'll probably like this; I've inadvertently run across numerous "spoilers" re: the film (almost unavaoidable at this point, since the film has been out for almost six months) and this sounds like it's a great, solid SW film. I already like the tech., new Imperial armored troops, etc. that I've seen in the trailers & in the Solo toys, so at the least I'm 100% sure I'd like the film from a visual stand-point, and probably from a story stand-point as well.

Though I'm not a huge fan of the ST (I can take it or leave it), I really enjoyed Rouge One - which was considered a stand-alone spin-off film. I also strongly prefer the pre-OT time period than the post-ROTJ time period. So, that's another reason I'm fairly certain I'll like Solo.

Reaction score
I have a feeling that you will like Solo.
Recently saw Solo on Blu-ray and was floored - superb film. I've written a long review in the dedicated Han Solo film thread in the SW Spin-off films section on this board.

Getting back on this specific topic, I wish we had seen more of the Imperial Trooper Patrol ship w/Trooper in the film itself; it was only in one brief scene near the beginning. However, that's just par for the course re: a SW film - there are a plethora of cool vehicles/characters in the films that are of the "blink and you'll miss them" variety - LOL.

Reaction score
I'm going to see if the head will fit on a hovertank pilot body. I know it's not the correct uniform, but it's similar enough I think.

Reaction score
Yep, close enough considering we'll never get SA version without a Fan poll.
So i will have to do the same.

Reaction score
Nice bike, but I'm not sure the 5POA figure will fit very well. That's why I'm hoping they end up making an SA version!
I hope they do it too. It looks like the torso is at least partly a Death Trooper's. But I'd really rather they make it instead of chopping up other great SA figures to make it. :{J