Imperial Troop Transport

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip! Decided to snag one.... I don't care about Rebels, but it should look great with the Classic Trilogy 5 POA figures. :)

Sallah

Reaction score
I picked on of these up via HasbroToyShop (last round). Really like it, especially for the price.

Reaction score
So, they didn't even put real wheels on this thing? I still want one, but man they are getting CHEAP! A rolling toy that doesn't roll. Fantastic.

Reaction score
HTS just sent me a notice that mine has shipped! That is like a month before they said it would! Woo hoo!

Can't wait to load this up with some OT SL Stormtroopers!

Sallah

Reaction score
It's definitely a cool vehicle for troop building so I'd probably consider picking one up despite not having a strong desire to get vehicles.

Reaction score
So, they didn't even put real wheels on this thing? I still want one, but man they are getting CHEAP! A rolling toy that doesn't roll. Fantastic.
I've got mixed feelings about the lack of wheels on this new ITT vehicle. It didn't have wheels on the Rebels show, so is technically screen-accurate.

That being said, it would have been nice if Hasbro included "repulsor-like wheels", that kind of depressed into the vehicle as it rolled - i.e. the superb POTF2 Landspeeder toy. That also being said, it would obviously have cost more $ for something like this, and would have almost certainly resulted in the price of the vehicle going up - or not being produced at all....

Reaction score
I've got mixed feelings about the lack of wheels on this new ITT vehicle. It didn't have wheels on the Rebels show, so is technically screen-accurate.
The lack of wheels is the only bad thing I've heard about the toy. I understand _why_ there are no wheels, but I believe it would have been better for the toy if Hasbro had worked their budget in some manner to get wheels into the design.

Reaction score
Just got this.... What an AWESOME toy! I am floored by all the sculpted details!

Immediately went out and bought a AT-DP driver to be my ITT driver that carts around my 8 SL OT Stormtroopers. :)

So glad I picked this up. Zero buyer's remorse.

Sallah

Reaction score
The two I ordered from HTS arrived today. Can't wait to open them up and stock them with stormies! :D

Reaction score
Any OT fans hesitant to pock this up due to it being a Rebels vehicle... EMBRACE IT! This vehicle is freaking awesome.

Sallah

Reaction score
Great pic.! Really like this retro-Vintage packaging, and wish this new ITT had actually come in packaging like this. Maybe if it gets re-issued later?!

And, I stand by my earlier comments that this new ITT is far superior to the Vintage one - despite the lack of wheels. It just looks so much more futurustic, streamlined, and all-around "cooler" than the original. The comparison pic. between the two (earlier in this thread) IMHO just reinforces this. IMHO, these days the old ITT just looks like a cheap boot-leg vehicle...

Reaction score
These are almost as hard to find as Chopper! What figure are you guys using to drive this thing? I was thinking either the AT-AT driver or the AT-DP driver. I've got plenty of OT style Legends Stormtroopers to fill it, so going with the OT vibe I should probably plug an AT-AT driver in there.

Reaction score
These are almost as hard to find as Chopper! What figure are you guys using to drive this thing? I was thinking either the AT-AT driver or the AT-DP driver. I've got plenty of OT style Legends Stormtroopers to fill it, so going with the OT vibe I should probably plug an AT-AT driver in there.
Our local TRU has had the same two sitting on the shelves for almost a month.

Reaction score
Has anyone tried removing the back piece so that it can be stored in the box again? It looks like its permanently attached.

Reaction score
Has anyone tried removing the back piece so that it can be stored in the box again? It looks like its permanently attached.
Agree that I wouldn't recommend trying this. Just like the advice I gave re: trying to take apart the AT-DP, IMHO it's not a good idea to try to remove pieces from vehicles like this, unless they're loose and/or easy to take off. Otherwise, you're taking the chance that you may break the item - then you're SOL - unless you glue it back, and then it's still partially ruined.

Reaction score
Personally, as much as i like the new 'Rebels' line of toys, instead of spending on this, i would put what it cost towards the purchase of an original vintage boxed one. Sure it'd cost much more, but i consider what i would save by not buying the modern version against the original vintage one as a discount..(sometimes this is how i justify the extra spend).. After all, this is really just a replica of the original.

Reaction score
Have to respectfully disagree that this new ITT is just a replica of the original late '70's ITT. Whether you prefer one or the other version is purely subjective, and that's not something I'm going to argue about.

That being said, the vehicles look completely different; the new one is slightly thinner, more streamlined, and more futuristic. You can tell that the new one is based on the old one, but IMHO they don't resemble each other in the least - other than in the most rudimentary way.

Reaction score
Have to respectfully disagree that this new ITT is just a replica of the original late '70's ITT. Whether you prefer one or the other version is purely subjective, and that's not something I'm going to argue about.

That being said, the vehicles look completely different; the new one is slightly thinner, more streamlined, and more futuristic. You can tell that the new one is based on the old one, but IMHO they don't resemble each other in the least - other than in the most rudimentary way.
Agreed. They also behave very differently; the vintage one has totally different functionality - doors, electronics, prisoner harnesses, open cockpit windows. They're very different toys, albeit part of a singular lineage. Both worth having, IMO.

Reaction score
Agreed. They also behave very differently; the vintage one has totally different functionality - doors, electronics, prisoner harnesses, open cockpit windows. They're very different toys, albeit part of a singular lineage. Both worth having, IMO.
The point is the that the vintage one has functionality and this is nothing but a cheap hack-job by a profit-grabbing corporation which has ceased to care. The playability evident in the vintage toy could all have been simply put into the current update but.......money got in the way.

This, for me, is the toy that killed the hobby.

Reaction score
I'm an amateur here, but my impression is that Hasbro's poor distribution and online store completely misled them about the demand. They assumed that the demand from the big retailers signified the demand from the consumer. They couldn't have been more wrong. Now they're just taking a cue from the same people who cut the budget on Rebels.

Reaction score
The point is the that the vintage one has functionality and this is nothing but a cheap hack-job by a profit-grabbing corporation which has ceased to care. The playability evident in the vintage toy could all have been simply put into the current update but.......money got in the way.

This, for me, is the toy that killed the hobby.
I agreee on the functionality of the original. I have both and that is really lacking in the new one. For Kids, the vehicles is ok because you can carry a lot of figures around. However, the functionality is lacking Overall when comapred to the original.

Reaction score
The point is that the vintage one has functionality and this is nothing but a cheap hack-job by a profit-grabbing corporation which has ceased to care. The playability evident in the vintage toy could all have been simply put into the current update but.......money got in the way.
FIrst of all, I am far from a Hasbro apologist - just see some of the post I've made here, especially in the past couple of years.

That being said, I guess I can agree to disagree re: the above. I really like this new ITT - it's one of my favorite vehicles in the modern line, and this - along with the Rebels AT-DP - is what got me back into collecting SW vehicles after a long hiatus (prior to these, the last one I got was the excellent Cloud Car in 2010).

Yes, corners were cut with this new ITT, in that it could have had wheels - which is the only thing I think could have been added here to improve the vehicle. However, not having wheels doesn't mean it's a bad toy. As has been said before, in the show it floats - so not having wheels is screen-accurate. Plus, sometimes less is more. I've had SW (and other) toys with wheels & they sometimes break - or roll unevenly after a while.

And, just because the old ITT had more "stuff" (i.e. the electronics in the first version, the prisoner containment parts) that doesn't make it a better toy. Even as a kid at the time, I remember thinking that the electronics were "gimmicky", and, IIRC, they didn't even use the voices from the films. Plus, I remember someone I knew had the electronic version - and, after a while the batteries leaked out all over the vehicle, thereby ruining the toy. My preference between the original two Vintage versions (electronic & the non-electronic) is the non-electronic version - to me it just looks better, and it also has more room inside to store figures (which had previously been taken up by the electronics).

This new Rebels ITT is still my favorite version of this vehicle - it takes the basic design of the old one & streamlines the design, thereby making a slicker, more visually interesting vehicle.

Reaction score
Ok - I went to TRU to pick one up today. The store had had these just a few days ago. Today? GONE.

Remember: Star Wars Hasbro stuff is made in limited numbers. If you see it, BUY IT. You'll never see it again....

Now, if you're a Star Wars Lego person, you're good. Tons of stuff is in stores, and it keeps coming. Want a Lego gunship? No problem: they're in stores still. AT-TE? Yup -- it's there. Inquisitor's TIE? Troop Transport? Star Destroyer? No worries. It's there. Senate commandos? 212th legion troopers and airborne troopers? Lego flippin' shadow guards and shadow stormtroopers? No worries. It's ALL THERE!

But if you're collecting 1:18 scale Star Wars, buy everything the first time you see it. Or you'll wind up like me: an idiot who now won't get the Troop Transport, despite its lack of wheels! :-(

And of course, if you have figured out what Star Wars Command is for, and happen to like it, relax - there's tons of it. Not that anyone can explain to me what we're supposed to do with it....

Reaction score
Ok - I went to TRU to pick one up today. The store had had these just a few days ago. Today? GONE.

Remember: Star Wars Hasbro stuff is made in limited numbers. If you see it, BUY IT. You'll never see it again....
Good advice. The ITT & the AT-DP are the two vehicles I've seen the least of @ retail. Also, I've only seen the ITT once, @ TRU - no other retail store. Not saying it's not being sold anywhere else, just that it appears to be quite HTF.

Reaction score
That's what I think as well. I think it will come out again in the Rebels fall line-up or at the very least in 2016, but for now, the production numbers may not be so high.

Reaction score
Volker (sp?) listed forthcoming Rebels revision vehicle cases, almost all of which had the ITT in it, sometimes x2.

Reaction score
Never found this thing once in my area. I got mine from DS toys. It's either wave 1 with the re-re-re Release Slave-1 and the 2 Jedi Star fighters or the one with the Phantom, AT-DP and The Inquisitor's TIE Fighter.

Reaction score
This thing has been super hard to find! I'm not much of a modern collector, but I'd really like one to display next to my vintage one. My local Target and Trus stores seem to sell out almost as soon as they are put on the shelves (assuming they got it in the first place).