Imperial Troop Transport

Reaction score
I saw this vehicle on the cartoon again. I know it probably won't but it would be awesome if this had the same wheels the landspeeder toy does to have that "floating" feel. I think it would work if they put 4 wheels it should balance out.

I'm excited about this toy and I will surely buy one. I am holding off on the ghost until we get a companion phantom.

Reaction score
Troop transport car chase? Count me in!

Welllll, after that troop-transport car chase in "Empire Day" and that vehicle's clear resilience against TIE-fighter and troop-transport laser fire, I think it's safe to say that we'll be needing this vehicle pronto.

I was especially comforted by the fact that the troopers ride inside, not in those horrendous cargo pockets. That made me feel much better about this vehicle in the show. And it can haul. All good.

Where's mine? Seriously. When does this thing land in stores? :wub:

Reaction score
Welllll, after that troop-transport car chase in "Empire Day" and that vehicle's clear resilience against TIE-fighter and troop-transport laser fire, I think it's safe to say that we'll be needing this vehicle pronto.

I was especially comforted by the fact that the troopers ride inside, not in those horrendous cargo pockets. That made me feel much better about this vehicle in the show. And it can haul. All good.

Where's mine? Seriously. When does this thing land in stores? :wub:

I couldn't agree more. When the news first came up that this was going to be in the new show I thought it was a joke. A transport with stormtroopers riding around on the outside like that. It's like a GIJoe vehicle lol. But dang if they didn't manage to turn it around and make it something pretty dang cool. Now I really want get the toy of it.

Reaction score
Nice box art - Thanks for the link.

It's interesting that in the pictures we've seen of the ITT Rebels toy itself, it's much smaller than the way it's pictured on the box & also the way it appears in the show. In fact, it seems to be even smaller than the Vintage late '70's ITT toy. Not sure why, since it's obviously larger in the show...

GNT

Reaction score
Nice box artwork, wish it came with a trooper :p

Last edited:
Reaction score
I really hope the front driver's view panels are transparent or semi transparent. Just painting it dark so you can't see the drivers would be a disappointment. Not sure if the pictures RS front page is of the final toy.

Reaction score
If this was the size portrayed on the box I'd be in for 2, maybe 3.
Me too - I'll still definitely get one of them, but the smaller size is a turn-off. If it were more to scale, this ITT would have been a great vehicle to have 2-3 of, since it serves a dual purpose: It's an extremely cool (and for us older fans, nostalgic) vehicle, and it can also serve as a de-facto "carrying case" for 6-8 figures....

Reaction score
The Imperial Transport is up for pre order on BBTS and Dorkside toys. I pre ordered 2 myself.

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. - I hope it hits retail soon. This ITT may be the last SW vehicle I get for a while (and possibly ever)....

Reaction score
From the pics on page 1 I think it looks about the same length but certainly a deal less high.

Reaction score
From the pics on page 1 I think it looks about the same length but certainly a deal less high.
Yeah, I agree. I'm honestly not sure why they made it smaller than the old ITT. Since the vehicle in Droids looks almost identical to the Vintage one, why not use the same mold?! They did this successfully with a lot of the modern vehicles (i.e., using the same mold) - and they were great toys...

Reaction score
I think there's liable to some kids that are disappointed by the difference in scale between the box art and the toy.

Reaction score
Thanks for the comparison pics. I'm still looking Forward to this one.

Reaction score
Thanks for those interior pictures. Looks outstanding. No sign of this at my TRU today. Hopefully in a couple weeks!!

Reaction score
Sure could use a bar code or a SKN# on this if anyone can help, thanks!

Reaction score
This looks cool, reeks of vintage nostalgia.

But I still haven't found the first wave of Rebels Ships so this one is going to be a long ways off.

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the pics. Did you have to assemble the ship or was it complete?

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the pics. Did you have to assemble the ship or was it complete?
It comes in three pieces - the main part of the vehicle, the top part "lid" and the end piece which connects the main part to the top part. The end piece snaps into the main part, and it's a permanent snap. Once you attach the end piece, it's not coming off. The top part attaches to the end part.

I hope that makes sense. :p

Reaction score
Wow, those are some thirsty Imperials. Look at all those cup holders!
Doubles as an Imperial Party Bus on the weekends.

That vehicle looks outstanding and much more nicely scaled than it looked earlier. Getting two.

Reaction score
It's a good thing I saw that second pic, i was about to go off on a tangent about not having an opening cockpit for the Driver. lol

Reaction score
I must confess I'm torn.

Pleasantly surprised that it has turned out to be a decent scale after seeing the initial images.

I certainly don't like the design as much as the original vehicle though. I also don't like how the technology of the toy has regressed since 1978/9. The cheapness of the whole flimsy-plastic-snap-together-shell style of this and other recent vehicles might just represent the tipping point for this collector.

I think I can live without it and not care. I wouldn't have said that 18 months ago.

Reaction score
I guess if I can find I may get it. I do agree I wish the passenger compartments on the sides came up to the waists of the figures and not the knees. Still cool though.