Imperial Troop Transport (The Mandalorian)

Reaction score
Shame it wasn't a Blurrg, I would have actually been excited, this looks cool, but its also a bit boring, considering Kenner and Rebels versions already exist. How about something that's never been produced before?

Reaction score
To be fair, this has been heavily retooled conpared to the Rebels animated show version. As far as other reveals, this one was held for a few months now as it's been rumored since the show debut and is more likely a late 2019 reveal than a 2020 one.

i guess we'll have to wait a couple more weeks and NYTF for more on the TVC front... though i fear there might be very little annouced (if anything) on the TVC front.

Reaction score
To be fair, this has been heavily retooled conpared to the Rebels animated show version. As far as other reveals, this one was held for a few months now as it's been rumored since the show debut and is more likely a late 2019 reveal than a 2020 one.

i guess we'll have to wait a couple more weeks and NYTF for more on the TVC front... though i fear there might be very little annouced (if anything) on the TVC front.

Kind of weird that these one off, one episode vehicles are being made. The AT ST appeared for about 5 minutes tops and the transport about 30 seconds. Meanwhile the Razorcrest has been in every episode

Reaction score
Kind of weird that these one off, one episode vehicles are being made. The AT ST appeared for about 5 minutes tops and the transport about 30 seconds. Meanwhile the Razorcrest has been in every episode
How much air time did the original transporter get? I've always been a fan of the transporter, has a lot of versatility to it. Wish they throw in some sound effects like the original record.

Reaction score
How much air time did the original transporter get? I've always been a fan of the transporter, has a lot of versatility to it. Wish they throw in some sound effects like the original record.
if talking about the 1978/79 version....zero air time. It was a Kenner off screen creation. if talking Rebels cartoon..well not sure, but did get sufficient screen time.

Reaction score
if talking about the 1978/79 version....zero air time. It was a Kenner off screen creation. if talking Rebels cartoon..well not sure, but did get sufficient screen time.
Yes I knew, just messing with you. I would like to see a crest too but most of the vehicles, so far in the series, have been homage to OT. Not a whole lot to work with yet. The tripod laser cannon got more air time in this series than in esb.

Reaction score
i'd LOVE to see some of the old Kenner mini-rigs added into The Mandalorian Being a mini-sized one-person shuttle, the ISP-6 could be an escape pod of some sort. Does RazorCrest have one that's been revealed? Guess I need to rewatch the series again...and again,,,and again several times b4 s2 launches

Reaction score
Much cheaper and less time consuming for hasbro to repaint a AT-ST and retool a Transport. Not really suprised they are choosing that path as they are ever clamoring about how expensive new tooling as become and this kind of items help them balance the cost for the whole line.

This being said, assuming the Mandalorian is confirmed for another two or three seasons, they'd have a real incentive to offer a brand new ship like the Razor Crest. Lets just hope Favreau/Filoni don't decide to blow it up in season 2 premiere to help the Mando story arc :p

Reaction score
Hasbro has saved themselves a bunch of money in tooling since the end of the Solo basic line, everything since has been heavy on retools, repaints, and anything else to save a buck - its their primary business model for 3.75 now. When a majority of products fall into the retool / repaint category, they should anticipate the fanbase will be frustrated and sales could drop. This is one of reasons people wait for clearance - the products aren't bad per say, but a boring repaint or retool is hardly worth the full MSRP.

Reaction score
I'm not falling for this like I did the Rogue one tank. I will wait for these to drop in price just like the tank. My guess is these will go for about $20.00 within a year.

Reaction score
Everyone calling this thing a retool - there appears to be zero carry over from the Rebels version; this one is definitely larger. That shot of the interior alone shows at least twice the internal volume.

Reaction score
The Rebels and Original version... The new one looks to be a bit bigger and definitely wider if it is going to fit figures sitting inside. Don't dislike, but confused as to how this vehicle now has more versions than many of the onscreen vehicles?

Reaction score
$70 for that??? And we wonder why this brand is failing. That is a $30 vehicle tops.

Meanwhile over at McFarlane...they just put out a vehicle for 7" scale DC figures (single seater nothing crazy but about the same size) for under $30.

What the actual **** Hasbro....this reminds me of newspapers. They complain of declining subscriptions so they up the price which leads to a further decline in sales.

If they ever produced the razor crest I don't see them doing it for less than $300 at the rate they are going.

We can all talk about supporting the brand so they can keep producing things we want...but come on, are we expected to continue to support a brand that seems intent on price gouging it's fans at every turn??

Reaction score
Maverick... just so you are aware, the 2 I posted are the older ones. The newer one is apparently bigger... but still $70 is crazy.

Reaction score
They're gonna have to release a whole bunch of stormtroopers now, right? Were the TVC Rogue One ones ever released? Let's get some more of those. :)

Given some of the comments here, this may only be appealing to a specific audience. I, for one, think it's great.

Doesn't mean I'm not also holding out for a Blurrg and the Crest.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Any word if these will be available at box stores or Pulse for pre order?

Reaction score
Maverick... just so you are aware, the 2 I posted are the older ones. The newer one is apparently bigger... but still $70 is crazy.
Oh, I'm quite aware. But as I pointed out in my post....other companies are delivering comparable sized vehicles at less than half the cost.

I know it's bigger, but we are probably talking the same amount bigger the new skiff was to the old skiff. The basics are still there, two seater, holds six figures. It's just a change of proportions which means a little extra width and a little extra length. But it's not like it's going to be twice as long or twice as wide. Maybe an inch bigger in all directions.

It's still a rip off....and it's not even close.

Reaction score
Oh, I'm quite aware. But as I pointed out in my post....other companies are delivering comparable sized vehicles at less than half the cost.

I know it's bigger, but we are probably talking the same amount bigger the new skiff was to the old skiff. The basics are still there, two seater, holds six figures. It's just a change of proportions which means a little extra width and a little extra length. But it's not like it's going to be twice as long or twice as wide. Maybe an inch bigger in all directions.

It's still a rip off....and it's not even close.
I can't disagree with that when the Rebels version in 2014 was $25. $70 is just not doable for a plastic toy vehicle no matter how many movable parts it has. I'm not even mad when I see these prices any more. I've been able to get everything I want eventually for half or less so it's another waiting game for me.

And please everyone spare me the "you're why we can't have nice things" line. Price things what kids are able to pay and you'll get kids back. Price them for a collector and you get collectors. Make them scarce enough and you get scalpers... fun.

Reaction score
I just saw that it's available for order (in-stock) over on Entertainment Earth.
I'll say I DO like that. Like if it were something I was knee jerk excited for, like if it were a Blurrg two pack with Kuiil figure or something... they might get me on the impulse buy at a high initial price tag.

It seems like so often now something gets announce or revealed and its being pre-ordered for a ship date 12-18 months away. That gives me plenty of time to reason NOT spending the money, lol.

Reaction score
I can't disagree with that when the Rebels version in 2014 was $25. $70 is just not doable for a plastic toy vehicle no matter how many movable parts it has. I'm not even mad when I see these prices any more. I've been able to get everything I want eventually for half or less so it's another waiting game for me.

And please everyone spare me the "you're why we can't have nice things" line. Price things what kids are able to pay and you'll get kids back. Price them for a collector and you get collectors. Make them scarce enough and you get scalpers... fun.
Pretty much, there's nothing fun about collecting Star Wars anymore. It's overpriced for what you get. Distribution is a nightmare. The stuff we want is forever stuck in release limbo. We all get into a panic trying to get the new stuff pre-ordered (at inflated prices) only for it to finally land in stores 6 months later and then go on clearance.

Reaction score
Is that the only thing being revealed? Cause... yawn.
Agreed, does nothing for me. Especially without a figure included, such as a specialized Pilot. Considering its price. I also agree that these vehicles prices are getting out of hand, yet they constantly say the line is kid focused. lol $100 X-Wings/TIEs, $70 smaller support craft etc. and no FX ETC. What Kids are they targeting, children of Celebrities?

It is nice for those who wanted, and I hope they're happy and that it sells well enough to support future releases/endeavors.

I'd hold out for the Mando's ship though, or something I can actually use without buying 10 more $14 figures.

Reaction score
As much as I do like the work done on this one, I will wait till it goes down to $40 or less, just like the Hovertank that I got for $20

Reaction score
I doubt Star Wars is getting a shot at another Haslab project anytime soon. Marvel Legends, GI Joe, and Ghostbusters all could potentially be Haslab projects before Star Wars again.

I could see GI Joe being really probable with the return of figures on the horizon.

Reaction score
I wanted this but hell not for $70 and no figure. We got a more functional playset and two figures for $50. I’ll wait

Reaction score
I'm shocked by all the negativity. I mean I get the price is a bit outrageous, but the Vintage ships ALWAYS go down in price. But there's just no way that's a retooled Rebels transport. This is totally brand new and I think it's awesome. The detail is incredible and honestly, I think there's just something fun about ships you can fill with troops to unload and storm. Looks like it can hold 14 stormtroopers to me. 6 in the "pods," 6 in the inside seats, and 2 drivers. Def. count me down for one. Now I've got to buy more stormtroopers.

Last edited:
Reaction score
BBTS has a listing. That's how I was notified this morning. Originally the price tag rumor was $99.99 and it gave me the impression that it was going to be a good sized vehicle that was faithful to the show. The show version was epic. The most important thing was that it acted like a real transport and the troops didn't dangle their heads on the outside. I was sold on the $100 idea. Now that it is a $70 car with it under-scaled, I'm disappointed. The front and interior is nice, but I really-really wanted those side pods to be doors. I will still pick this up when it goes down.

Reaction score
Was one of or my first vehicle. It was a garage sale special but I remeber that sounds it would make. Had it been an OT box it would been a yes.

Reaction score
BBTS has a listing. That's how I was notified this morning. Originally the price tag rumor was $99.99 and it gave me the impression that it was going to be a good sized vehicle that was faithful to the show. The show version was epic. The most important thing was that it acted like a real transport and the troops didn't dangle their heads on the outside. I was sold on the $100 idea. Now that it is a $70 car with it under-scaled, I'm disappointed. The front and interior is nice, but I really-really wanted those side pods to be doors. I will still pick this up when it goes down.
That is my ONE complaint. Seems only the front pod doors open, so 2 of the 6. That is disappointing. I think they all should open. Also will there be a back wall piece or will the interior just be completely exposed and open?

Reaction score
The Rebels and Original version... The new one looks to be a bit bigger and definitely wider if it is going to fit figures sitting inside. Don't dislike, but confused as to how this vehicle now has more versions than many of the onscreen vehicles?
True...and remember that there is a working sound and non working sound version of the classic Kenner design.