Imperial TIE Fighter

Reaction score
I opened mine up as well.
I like it, but I think the place where they put the seam for the "break apart" feature is kind of weird.
They should have just kept the flying off wings instead.

Not sure about anyone else's, but this break apart thing doesn't throw the parts. It just kinda unhinges when you push the button.
It's almost like I have to tilt the fighter downward a bit so the half can just fall off.

It's not a deal breaker for me though, since it's just going to be for display, but it should have been done better.

I like the pilot a lot and as dlogix said, the wings are pretty sturdy. Mine were very slight warped, but nothing too bad.

Reaction score
I took mine apart and disabled the button, since even just pointing it downwards made it fall apart. I stuck a lego piece behind the wedge that holds the two pieces together, so the wedge cannot slide back and release the piece. This allows it to stay together, and with a little bit of force you can still break it apart.

Reaction score
Bad news guys, I called Hasbro CS this this morning about the Force Link issues I was having and after a few minutes, she admitted that there is a issue with the app and that their "Vendor Partners" are working to correct it. No ETA on when the updates will be ready.

Reaction score
Some new photos of the new exploding micro TIE Fighter have surfaced on the FB Yakface page courtesy of page member Russ Simmons.

These pics sold me. Best Tie Fighter proportions yet.

Was really excited before I learned that the wings were made of the softer plastic, but they don't look to be warped in any of the pics I've seen.

GREAT looking ship!

Reaction score
Thank you ActivistFanGirl for posting these pictures here. That's primarily what I wanted to see - how the wings looked in comparison to the old POTF2 TIE. Looks like they are better proportioned than both the old TIE and the Big-Winged TIE, which is a definite plus. It looks like the cockpit is about the same size, so that leaves me wondering why they couldn't make it similar to the Vintage/Legacy TIE, with the removable ejection seat and accurate deco. My guess is they're reissue this in the future with the best of both.

Reaction score
Thank you ActivistFanGirl for posting these pictures here. That's primarily what I wanted to see - how the wings looked in comparison to the old POTF2 TIE. Looks like they are better proportioned than both the old TIE and the Big-Winged TIE, which is a definite plus. It looks like the cockpit is about the same size, so that leaves me wondering why they couldn't make it similar to the Vintage/Legacy TIE, with the removable ejection seat and accurate deco. My guess is they're reissue this in the future with the best of both.
You are most welcome. Mine should be arriving soon so when it does I’ll take photos next to the big-winged TIE for comparison.

Reaction score
Love it with a passion. Only down side on my end is when I initially put the wings on, the clips wouldn't go through completely and now they are stuck and won't come out to do it correctly without the possibility of breaking the tabs off.

Reaction score
Love it with a passion. Only down side on my end is when I initially put the wings on, the clips wouldn't go through completely and now they are stuck and won't come out to do it correctly without the possibility of breaking the tabs off.
Same thing here. Lay the wing flat on a hard surface and push down on the post with all your might. You'll hear a neck-breaking snap, but it will be on.

Reaction score
Same thing here. Lay the wing flat on a hard surface and push down on the post with all your might. You'll hear a neck-breaking snap, but it will be on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjZdHdd88jo

Reaction score
Got my first one today and LOVE it!
Will definitely be getting my four more.

Also love that you can turn the missiles around and pre-order them with the green part sticking out, to make it look like it's firing its cannons. That's how I am going to have this one when I hang it. Very cool!

Reaction score
That's "re-insert", not "pre-order" ... stupid auto correct.
Also, I thought we could edit our posts?

Reaction score
Photos as requested:

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics, and I must say that Eagle Transporter is gorgeous as well (I will never tire out of that design). As for the TIE, it's almost turning about to be a Goldilocks/Three Bears sort of thing...hopefully the third is just right. :D

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics, and I must say that Eagle Transporter is gorgeous as well (I will never tire out of that design). As for the TIE, it's almost turning about to be a Goldilocks/Three Bears sort of thing...hopefully the third is just right. :D
Thanks for that! Its one of the original 22" Product Enterprise Eagles that was released about 10 years or so ago. I LOVE Space 1999 and have done since I first saw it on the telly in 1975 when I was 8. As for the TIE, I am wondering if the First Order TIE Fighter guns will fit on this incarnation of the TIE? The guns on this one are hideous.

Reaction score
I had a go at insetting the First Order TIE Fighter Guns in this new TIE Fighter's Gunwells and it looks so much better than the hideous phallic lollipop Guns!

Normal Guns:

First Order TIE Fighter Guns:

Already the effect is much much better albeit a bit long, but you get my drift.

I wonder if one of the usual 3D printing replacement parts sites will offer screen accurate guns in the future that we can insert instead? That would be really cool.

Reaction score
I LOVE Space 1999 and have done since I first saw it on the telly in 1975 when I was 8.
Nice to hear, I love the modularity of the craft with the different habitat modules (i.e. VIP, medical, freighter) and the modified booster engines. I still have in my collection Starlog Magazine Issue #7 with the Eagle blueprint inserts, which BTW feature a Star Wars cover on th mag itself. :D

As for the TIE, I am wondering if the First Order TIE Fighter guns will fit on this incarnation of the TIE? The guns on this one are hideous.
One idea I've been toying with is figuring how to create the dimples on the tips to mimic the actual ILM model. I'm also thinking about repainting the tips with a subdued red or possibly a flat matte coat to take off a bit of the gloss.

Reaction score
Quick update for those concerned about warping wings...

Please disregard if this has been pointed out.

Anyway, the wings are NOT made out of the same warpy, crappy PVC-like plastic that the First Order Tie Fighter wings are made from. GREAT news!

Their construction is pretty interesting. The wings are made out of a very sturdy polystyrene plastic - like previous Tie Fighter wings. What they did do, which is odd, is make the gray outer and rib bezel and mid-wing detail out of a VERY soft rubber material. I'm guessing it is for safety purposes, but it's REALLY unusual.

In short, these wings won't warp like the Fist Order Tie Fighter.

IMO, this is the best Tie Fighter to date - size, scale and detail. That said, I'm not having the same hyper sensitivity issue with the "exploding" feature that many are having. In fact, I have to struggle to get the ship apart. Sounds like I have a lucky defect. :)

The only thing this ship needs is internal electronics with that distinctive Tie Fighter sound. If it did, I would not be able to stop playing with it.

Reaction score
The only thing this ship needs is internal electronics with that distinctive Tie Fighter sound. If it did, I would not be able to stop playing with it.
Maybe with the next TVC TIE that comes along (not this upcoming one, I feel it's not quite there yet in terms of satisfying my own expectations). :)

Reaction score
It's being widely reported that the pilot figure that comes with this is a repaint of the Tie Striker Pilot - but this Tie Pilot is new. Or a retool at least.

The Solo Tie Pilot figure has two silver buckles/sections on the front of the his belt - the Tie Striker Pilot doesn't have these. New Tie Pilot figure also has the traditional "OII" raised sections on his backpack - the Tie Striker Pilot has a smooth back. There may be some other differences (besides paint & plastic color) but these are the two that jumped out at me.

Reaction score
Hi peeps

This has just turned up at retail, here in New Zealand - retailing for $109.00 (NZD) from Toy World Ballance Street, Wellington (NZ) - which is fairly expensive IMHO - but entirely consistent with all the overpricing of most, if not all, Hasbro SW merchandise at present...

:|

Reaction score
Are ppl finding the “cracked” or “Battle Damaged” TIE in the US?
It’s not an exclusive, right?
Any online stores carrying them?
Why has this been so elusive for me to to find?
Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys.

Reaction score
I don’t think it’s been sighted in stores yet but check amazon. The prices fluctuate quite a bit. I just bought one for $26 on there. Better than the $40 it’s supposed to retail for.

Reaction score
I don’t think it’s been sighted in stores yet but check amazon. The prices fluctuate quite a bit. I just bought one for $26 on there. Better than the $40 it’s supposed to retail for.
Can you post a link? I can’t find it.

Reaction score
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B076JH81RG/ref=sxbs_sxwds-stvp_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1543850690&sr=2&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=86fc8483-fe35-48e7-bed5-16d558a7e2db&pd_rd_wg=hWlVS&pf_rd_r=2SFPVD86RTSEH723WRJZ&pf_rd_s=mobile-sx-bottom-slot&pf_rd_t=9701&pd_rd_i=B076JH81RG&pd_rd_w=5QCiJ&pf_rd_i=solo+tie+fighter&pd_rd_r=7e382242-3256-4d72-a70a-003c82271d51&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65

It doesn’t pull up under TIE, but that’s it. Looks like it’s back up to $32 but keep an eye on it. It fluctuates. If I end up liking it I’ll snag another when it drops down to $26 again. Still $32 feels like an appropriate price for this considering a pack-in figure.

Reaction score
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B076JH81RG/ref=sxbs_sxwds-stvp_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1543850690&sr=2&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=86fc8483-fe35-48e7-bed5-16d558a7e2db&pd_rd_wg=hWlVS&pf_rd_r=2SFPVD86RTSEH723WRJZ&pf_rd_s=mobile-sx-bottom-slot&pf_rd_t=9701&pd_rd_i=B076JH81RG&pd_rd_w=5QCiJ&pf_rd_i=solo+tie+fighter&pd_rd_r=7e382242-3256-4d72-a70a-003c82271d51&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65

It doesn’t pull up under TIE, but that’s it. Looks like it’s back up to $32 but keep an eye on it. It fluctuates. If I end up liking it I’ll snag another when it drops down to $26 again. Still $32 feels like an appropriate price for this considering a pack-in figure.
Appreciate it!

Reaction score
This looks like a great Tie Fighter. I may get this just to have another one. In any case, this is a better deal than the overpriced TVC piece of crap.

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, purchased a second one. $56 total for two TIE’s. That feels awesome. What’s crazy is I don’t think this ship will ever hit retail and if it does we will have had our fill on Amazon. It’s crazy to think that the movies keep trying to push the nostalgia button and the toys keep missing the mark. The fact the zero X-wings were released for rogue one just boggles my mind. The fact that this toy wasn’t part of the first assortment of vehicles. Just crazy.

Reaction score
Having found two of them for a really good price, I've been wondering, could it be repainted blue? I think it would work on the cockpit, but I'm worried the paint might not adhere to the rubbery wing parts. Has anyone tried repainting this TIE-Fighter or found a general solution to rubbery plastic surfaces? I eventually want to paint my 2010 Rancor a lighter shade of brown, too, but it's arms aren't nearly as rubbery as the TIE's wing frame.

Reaction score
Having found two of them for a really good price, I've been wondering, could it be repainted blue? I think it would work on the cockpit, but I'm worried the paint might not adhere to the rubbery wing parts. Has anyone tried repainting this TIE-Fighter or found a general solution to rubbery plastic surfaces? I eventually want to paint my 2010 Rancor a lighter shade of brown, too, but it's arms aren't nearly as rubbery as the TIE's wing frame.
First thing you would need to do is wash it really well with a good degreaser dish detergent. Dawn Ultra works excellent and definitely safe to use. Use a vegetable brush or other dish brush to clean it. After clean & completely dry, use a spray primer (airbrush or can) and apply it in VERY thin coats. Let each coat fully dry (This is extremely important). I usually let it dry overnight to give the coat time to fully adhere to the surface. Once you have good coverage, let it dry and more importantly let it cure. I usually give it a few days. You will have a solid base to paint and also be durable.