Imperial TIE Fighter

Reaction score
Wings are rubbery again. Not impressed by the size or detail. A little separation with the break apart feature.

Reaction score
Mine came in today. I think its decent. Yeah, it could be better in some areas. I feel like every time I pick it up though I accidentally hit the projectile button or the button to break apart the ship. I definitely don't like the break apart feature, I'd prefer if they went with the buttons where both wings pop off. The ship came apart so I was putting it back together and freaked out for a second because I saw this big crack in the middle. I thought I broke the damn thing.

Reaction score
^ Thanks for the initial impressions fellas, I may end up going with the Vintage Collection version as I just don't like the break apart feature, much happier with the 'old skool' wings detaching.

Reaction score
Wings are rubbery again. Not impressed by the size or detail. A little separation with the break apart feature.

Thanks ever so much for that.

I've had quite a few emails from friends who received this in the post yesterday. Its the same complaints of rubbery and twisted/warped wings, warped cockpit canopies where the 'crack' does not close together properly and the extremely visible screw holes adjacent to the guns - Hasbro could have at least put plastic cover plugs on them, a friend stated that they are "glaring!" and "large ugly-looking holes!" ...

Strange how Hasbro didn't mention anything about this TIE Fighter yesterday at the SDCC 2018 reveal.

Its not even on display too ...

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics IndySolo!

I'm still looking forward to getting mine and tearing it down, removing springs, adhering the break apart feature together forever, etc... :D

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics IndySolo!

I'm still looking forward to getting mine and tearing it down, removing springs, adhering the break apart feature together forever, etc... :D
I will be waiting to see what you do with this with great interest. Please post photos when you gave finished your customisation?

Reaction score
Strange how Hasbro didn't mention anything about this TIE Fighter yesterday at the SDCC 2018 reveal.

Its not even on display too ...
Did Hasbro mention the red a-wing or at-dt? Was hoping those woyld show up on hts like tank and tie, which should be delivered to my home today ( tie, not tank)

Reaction score
Did Hasbro mention the red a-wing or at-dt? Was hoping those woyld show up on hts like tank and tie, which should be delivered to my home today ( tie, not tank)
The AT-DT was shown. The A-Wing wasn't mentioned. Neither were the TIE Fighter or several of the Force Link 2.0 figures seen in their own app.

Reaction score
The AT-DT was shown. The A-Wing wasn't mentioned. Neither were the TIE Fighter or several of the Force Link 2.0 figures seen in their own app.
Its like the drip-drip-drip of Chinese torture Hasbro/Disney style whether they mention anything new ...

Reaction score
Hasbro could have at least put plastic cover plugs on them, a friend stated that they are "glaring!" and "large ugly-looking holes!" ...

My only (nitpicky) comment about that is regarding the matching paint and flushness of the plugs themselves. And TBH, it's something that Hasbro won't go through the trouble to do, although I think the company should pour money into improving another iconic vehicle that I (was) willing to put more money into this year.

Reaction score
My Tie arrived today. I ran home at lunch to bring it in as it was left on the porch by fedex. I put it together really quick and fiddled with it a little.

Quick thoughts/First Impressions:

I never bought the TFA Tie fighter so I can't compare the wing construction.. but the grey 'lines' are some kind of rubber, the black parts are a rigid (albeit thin) plastic. The result I wouldn't quite call warped, but definitely not 'POTF2 Tie wings straight.' It's not really noticeable IMO unless you're looking for it. But its most apparent where the wings meet the cockpit assembly.

It would have been nice if the seams for the break apart feature lined up with the seams of the ships mold.

The missiles aren't objectionable. The tips are red and the tails are translucent green, which is a nice touch. They have to be in just right to fire though, with minimal pressure they're in too far or something and won't release.

My big complaint is the cockpit. Everything looks great, but its super friggen tight. The Tie pilot's feet are RIGHT up against the front, he kind of clicks into place almost. And the canopy does close with him in it, but he's sitting a little too high. Nit picky, but that's what we're known for here. ;)

The TIE Pilot figure, I love. The sculpt, the texture of the flight suit, I just really dig him. He's great, I really hope they single card him in the future because I want a few more.

Overall, I like the set. A decent value for the money, by today's standards. And the Tie does look nice and is a good size (queue mallrats quotes).

I'll try to get some more pics for the thread up this evening.

Reaction score
My Tie arrived today. I ran home at lunch to bring it in as it was left on the porch by fedex. I put it together really quick and fiddled with it a little.

Quick thoughts/First Impressions:

I never bought the TFA Tie fighter so I can't compare the wing construction.. but the grey 'lines' are some kind of rubber, the black parts are a rigid (albeit thin) plastic. The result I wouldn't quite call warped, but definitely not 'POTF2 Tie wings straight.' It's not really noticeable IMO unless you're looking for it. But its most apparent where the wings meet the cockpit assembly.

It would have been nice if the seams for the break apart feature lined up with the seams of the ships mold.

The missiles aren't objectionable. The tips are red and the tails are translucent green, which is a nice touch. They have to be in just right to fire though, with minimal pressure they're in too far or something and won't release.

My big complaint is the cockpit. Everything looks great, but its super friggen tight. The Tie pilot's feet are RIGHT up against the front, he kind of clicks into place almost. And the canopy does close with him in it, but he's sitting a little too high. Nit picky, but that's what we're known for here. ;)

The TIE Pilot figure, I love. The sculpt, the texture of the flight suit, I just really dig him. He's great, I really hope they single card him in the future because I want a few more.

Overall, I like the set. A decent value for the money, by today's standards. And the Tie does look nice and is a good size (queue mallrats quotes).

I'll try to get some more pics for the thread up this evening.
I look forward to your photos. It would be nice to get some back shots of the ship too, and if the screw holes are at the back as well.

Reaction score
Initially I had planned on removing the blow apart feature and gluing and clamping the ship together, but I guess looking at it again I don't find the seam THAT objectionable.

You can have 'em dark, or washed out with the flash. And a charming mix of sideways and right side up. Enjoy! ;)

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics. I'm just wondering if that's the 'true' color of the TIE interior, or maybe it's just the reflective light. OTOH, the Legacy TIE's interior might just have been that darkened for effect.

Reaction score
Thanks ever so much for the photos. I must say it is very small. You either have big hands or that TIE is tiny!

Reaction score
Looks like the perfect kids sized toy.

Playable scale, toy rather than model production values, action feature, yet geometrically plausible, nicely detailed, and all around great. Anyone open to the concept of a toy scale version with toy details (i.e. not dogmatically insisting that the only legitimate vehicles are durable 1:18 models) will probably be very happy. I know I’m looking forward to getting mine in a couple months for my birthday. Thanks for the pics!

Reaction score
Thanks ever so much for the photos. I must say it is very small. You either have big hands or that TIE is tiny!
I'm 6'5" and 191lbs, so I'm guessing its more me dwarfing it, than the TIE being too small. My misgivings about the cockpit space aside, I'd say its in the same ball park as the POTF2 ship size-wise. But better looking.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Just as soon as someone is able, please take pics of this one next to a "big wing" TIE (preferably the newest one) so we can identify the differences in size and detail. Thanks in advance! :D

Reaction score
Yeah, it's really nice looking. Good sculpt and good proportions.

Aside from the controversy about whether 5POA and kid sized, kid priced products in general are legit, I'd call it a home run.

Reaction score
Some new photos of the new exploding micro TIE Fighter have surfaced on the FB Yakface page courtesy of page member Russ Simmons.

Reaction score
Yeah those pics make me want one, but for $60 I want a TVC figure or no figure with a lower price. IMO should be a SA figure along the lines of the new TVC Storm Trooper coming out next year.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Ok, definitely better than the POTF2 version (though I can't NOT see the hexagonal wing support struts now), but I really want to see how this compares to a big-wing sculpt.

Reaction score
I got this in from HTS last week, just got around to putting it together today. It is a cool ship, the break apart gimmick is neat, something different, but the wings are definitely not gonna hold up over time. There was slight warpage right out of the box, and I can only see this getting worse over time. Hopefully Hasbro does NOT use this type of plastic combo on the TVC big wing TIE, because that will be a disaster.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Yeah those pics make me want one, but for $60 I want a TVC figure or no figure with a lower price. IMO should be a SA figure along the lines of the new TVC Storm Trooper coming out next year.
Are you overseas? Because its $39.99.

Reaction score
Ok, definitely better than the POTF2 version (though I can't NOT see the hexagonal wing support struts now), but I really want to see how this compares to a big-wing sculpt.
More photos have surfaced of the new TIE Fighter:

And a couple of clear photos show the hexagonal rather than smooth and pipe-like cockpit ball wing supports (just for you Daigo_Bah!):

And the horrible and very large screw holes adjacent to the cockpit guns:

With all that I still think it is a great TIE Fighter and I hope and pray that when mine arrives in the post that it doesn't have warped wings.

Reaction score
I like the comparison pics with the older tie fighter. not a bad scale with the larger wings, makes it look rather nice. The price on the other hand is a tad too much for me to get any of these. Maybe later though. I have TIEs from previous releases, and don't want to really add a better one to the mix in a way

Reaction score
I ordered this from HTS today. They are running a $10 off $50 promotion. I bundled it with the Forces of Destiny Ahsoka which Ive been waiting a year for.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
And a couple of clear photos show the hexagonal rather than smooth and pipe-like cockpit ball wing supports (just for you Daigo_Bah!):
Thanks ;). Funny thing is, I never would have known that inaccuracy unless it was pointed out to me, like it was earlier in the thread.

Reaction score
It's back in stock on target.com. I just ordered it there since HTS doesn't have anything else I need/want for me to qualify for the coupon or free shipping.

Reaction score
Mine arrive today. One wing is perfect, the other is a little warped. Nowhere near as bad as the TIE from TFA, though. And it's only noticeable if you really stare at it. Overall I'm pleased with it.

Reaction score
Mine got here from Target yesterday. Not bad, got here in three days after ordering.
Haven't cracked it open yet out of the box, but it did arrive in good shape. Minimal packing material, but box was pristine. Go Target!

Reaction score
Mine got here from Target yesterday. Not bad, got here in three days after ordering.
Haven't cracked it open yet out of the box, but it did arrive in good shape. Minimal packing material, but box was pristine. Go Target!
Got mine from Target today. I like it! Overall sculpting and the little grebbling details are way better than the TFA FO version. The wings have a bit more heft to them, I guess it is due the gray rubber that "frame" the wings. Pilot figure is good.

But...has anyone else tried the Force Link 2.0 feature on it yet? I'm getting the dreaded "firmware update required" message, but when I pair the app on my tablet, it says it's up to date???