Imperial Speeder with AT-DP Pilot (Rebels)

GNT

Reaction score
Yakface have posted a new picture of a new Rebels vehicle - Imperial Speeder with AT-DP Pilot which will be released in the Rogue One style package.

Thoughts on this vehicle?

Reaction score
I think that is a non nerf cannon. I like this vehicle and the driver is pretty good for a non 5 poa (at least I like my earlier release version). The price point is a little high though.

Reaction score
I hope that cannon can be removed easily and not leave a hole or a peg. Makes me really wish they released this one before the Ezra one, cause then we'd have the stupid launcher on the Ezra one instead of this one.

Reaction score
Anyone see this out and about? I've seen it in a couple of haul pics on social media but it seems like one of the rarer things from the launch (probably because stores are so backed up with the older vehicles in this wave...)

Reaction score
Anyone see this out and about? I've seen it in a couple of haul pics on social media but it seems like one of the rarer things from the launch (probably because stores are so backed up with the older vehicles in this wave...)
I looked everywhere and didn't see any of the rogue one vehicles of this class.

Reaction score
I spotted a couple of these at TRU. Anyone know if the figure is the exact same as the single card release? I'm likely to pick it up if the pilot is different.

Reaction score
A-yup. It's a hexagonal shaped hole.
Could be worse I suppose. Ya know what maybe a flat round LEGO Imperial cog logo could cover it? Not necessarily accurate but wouldn't look out of place.

So the pilot has more of a white colour to his jumsuit and helmet? Or are there any other differences? There were at least three colour variations if I recall in Rebels.

Reaction score
I think the pilot is just a repaint of the earlier release though I haven't seen it in person yet.

Reaction score
Could be worse I suppose. Ya know what maybe a flat round LEGO Imperial cog logo could cover it? Not necessarily accurate but wouldn't look out of place.

So the pilot has more of a white colour to his jumsuit and helmet? Or are there any other differences? There were at least three colour variations if I recall in Rebels.
its definitely a lighter jumpsuit and less green tinted than the single card release. I don't collect the rebel figures but these guys fit in well enough with my realistic style figures that I make the exception.

Reaction score
its definitely a lighter jumpsuit and less green tinted than the single card release. I don't collect the rebel figures but these guys fit in well enough with my realistic style figures that I make the exception.
Same here. I did the same with Clone Wars figures, and only went for aliens and droids because they didn't look too out of place. I think the only human CW figure that could look realistically human was the Mandalorian Police guard thanks in large part to the helmet. Albeit it was still extremely skinny.

Reaction score
Sorry for sideways pic, but the carded single fig is the shinier one on top while the new bike pack in version is the fuller one on bottom. Personally, I was hoping the pack in figure was like the black/white less blueish one in the r1 Hasbro catalog posted a few weeks back

Reaction score
I picked up one of these at TRU last night, on the way to my workout. I never got the AT-DP driver, and have a weakness for Imperial Speeders, so it was a no-brainer.

Reaction score
As most here have probably read, my dislike(disdain, dare say) for where the 3.75 line has gone/been should come nothing as a surprise. Having said that however, this Imperial Speeder isn't the worst offering Ive seen thrown at us over the past few years. I have no love for the 5pio figures(regardless of any lauding of how decent the sculpture may be or how some helmets may look spot-on,etc. I'm sorry, it's not my intention to sound like jerk in saying this but...well...IMHO, they are/have been a total & utterly wastes of plastic).
But.....Back to the Speeder though, in comparison to a number of some of the other things thrown at us over the past few years(FO mini-walker, Yoda's wretched mini-Jedi Starfighter, or the non-existent Finn's Desert Speeder, just as a few examples), this Imp speeder seems not too bad. It has that 'SW feel' to it, and also comes across as something that could realistically have been seen in any of the ST or even as a background vehicle for any CW diorama/displays. It doesn't have the funky, Disney-esque colors markngs that all too often stand out, screaming out loud: "This is a toy made from Disney for Disney kids".

So again, I do and have always hated being the downer or party-pooper, so-to-speak, but I hope that I've been around long enough and express myself in a manner that is viewed as truly & honestly thoughtful and careful criticisms/comments/opinions towards what we are seeing in our beloved hobby, rather just some random criticizing troll.

I also encourage anyone to feel free to PM me to engage in & speak maturely on any of these similar topics. Whether or not we may agree 100% on each & every detail of every released item is not the point. An intelligent back & forth discussion is, to me, what's most important and what may possibly(and HOPEFULLY) help to improve this hobby that we all know & love so much. I think that too many of us have in invested far too much time, money, care, and most importantly LOVE into this great hobby to just let it fad into obscurity... and sad as it may sound, that is exactly the direction we are headed in right now.

ZX3

Reaction score
I wonder why they didn't do a repaint on the trooper? The show has them in other colors...

Reaction score
found one of these on Saturday at my local TRU in East Brunswick. it's a cool little speeder and another Imperial trooper is always a welcome addition to my growing Imperial ranks!

Reaction score
This assortment hasn't been offered here yet. It's really too bad because the TFA wave 2 with Ezra and his speeder weren't offered here, so this assortment would have at least given us 3 speeders that haven't been released here yet. Who knows if this case will even make here at all with the way things are going.

Reaction score
I've seen it a few times, doesn't seem to be moving. Had they simply repainted the figure, I would have picked it up. If its carried forward, Hasbro should repaint it if they want more sales. I cant imagine it costs them much of anything to alter a paint scheme.

Reaction score
I picked up two today. The Black Series Scout trooper works fine in it.

Reaction score
My closest Walmart is resetting or something, because half the shelves are empty with signs saying "More Toys Soon". I couldn't imagine they'd sold ALL the Imperial Speeders they had 2 days ago, and I found them stacked temporarily near the models. Scanned one just for fun and they're marked down to $15, an easier pill to swallow than $19.95. Don't know if it's a temporary thing or not. I got one and like it, if they go any lower I'll get another.

I'm not up on "Rebels" toys, but this guy's head doesn't seem to be on a typical post. So I can't pop it off to swap on a different body?

Reaction score
My closest Walmart is resetting or something, because half the shelves are empty with signs saying "More Toys Soon". I couldn't imagine they'd sold ALL the Imperial Speeders they had 2 days ago, and I found them stacked temporarily near the models. Scanned one just for fun and they're marked down to $15, an easier pill to swallow than $19.95. Don't know if it's a temporary thing or not. I got one and like it, if they go any lower I'll get another.

I'm not up on "Rebels" toys, but this guy's head doesn't seem to be on a typical post. So I can't pop it off to swap on a different body?
When the first batch of Rebels figures (including this one) were sculpted several years ago, Hasbro was utilizing a swivel neck post as opposed to ball jointed. So, this one being essentially a repaint, it has the swivel neck post, and the head cannot be removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure these are still retail at my store. But I will keep checking. If they hit $5.00, I'll buy a couple just for the figure.

Reaction score
None of the current small vehicles were on sale at my Walmarts, however the Ezra version and the Scout Walker from TFA were clearance for $5.00. Decided to pass on another Scout Walker, but I never had the Ezra Speeder, so grabbed one of them.

Reaction score
Same here. It was too good to pass up

None of the current small vehicles were on sale at my Walmarts, however the Ezra version and the Scout Walker from TFA were clearance for $5.00. Decided to pass on another Scout Walker, but I never had the Ezra Speeder, so grabbed one of them.

Reaction score
I hadn't planned on purchasing this set, but I noticed it on Amazon for $12, and I had enough rewards points to get it for free so I ordered it. Its a decent repaint, just wish the trooper were repainted as well. I'm hoping they do a season 3 Kanan with speeder next if this assortment continues.

GNT, can you move this thread to the Rebels section?