Imperial Shock Trooper - Battlefront

Reaction score
Same news today down here, got to talk to one of the GMs as well: no toys, no game, no real knowledge of any of it.

Reaction score
Unless the figure is packaged within the packaging for the game (like how some movies/games come with Lego minifigures) there's no way its coming out this weekend or anytime soon. We almost always see leaks from China and at this point the figure would be in back rooms already. While its not as big as Force Friday, someone would have pulled one out and took a pic in the backroom by now, had they shipped out.

Reaction score
Not really surprised by the Walmart managers being in the dark about their own exclusives.This reminds of how bad(at least in my area)the Stormtrooper Commander was handled.Most Gamestop had no clue about the the figure when the Star Wars unleashed game came.That was one figure I never got and I swore I would never buy a game from them ever.

Reaction score
Unless the figure is packaged within the packaging for the game (like how some movies/games come with Lego minifigures) there's no way its coming out this weekend or anytime soon. We almost always see leaks from China and at this point the figure would be in back rooms already. While its not as big as Force Friday, someone would have pulled one out and took a pic in the backroom by now, had they shipped out.
My Walmart has had a big chicken walker display with pullout panels I'm sure is where the game & maybe merch. will go next week. Right now it's sitting empty & impressive.

Reaction score
My Walmart has had a big chicken walker display with pullout panels I'm sure is where the game & maybe merch. will go next week. Right now it's sitting empty & impressive.
Same.

I talked to the toy manager & he told me no new merchandise & there would be no game-play until tomorrow. He also said I was the 2nd person to ask about it. When I asked him to look up the ID # for the Blue X-Wing, I was basically told to go f**k myself.

Good luck everyone else!

Reaction score
Wow, bad customer service from Walmart?! Who woulda thunk it?

Reaction score
Well not surprised too much b/c it's Walmart since no one has a clue and it is.......................

Reaction score
I called 3 Wal-marts this morning and got told no events today. One is not doing anything at all and the others are doing their event on Sunday at noon. It is up to the Electronics manager as to how they are handling this event according to 2 stores. Both has no figures, no controller, and only had a coloring book and poster for the event.

All 3 managers also told me they just found out about this event this morning via and email when they went in to work. No ahead planning at all!

Reaction score
Best case scenario is a preorder this weekend on walmart.com

walmart constantly leaks items from all toy waves and games etc....

They leaked force Friday items Disney infinity skylanders etc all weeks ahead.

for walmart to deliver to all 4000+ stores in one or two days is not going to happen.

The blue xwing listed as their exclusive for this event was found over a week or so ago and has not popped up at a lot of stores.

I know a manger that buys the black series and hes a salary manager and has gotten nothing about the figure. As for their falcon from the ceiling the market manager didn't like how it looked so they had them throw it away. lol

DS

Reaction score
I just got back from the Wally World near my office in the Twin cities. There was an event, even cake. I got to play as the Emperor in the game. But NO Shocktrooper. I even had the Manager of Toys (Supervisor, what have you) come to me and he explained nothing new was marked as a "street date" for today. They had the blue X-Wing, and those coins but that was it. I don't eat sweets, so I didn't even get the stupid cake! I left with a bag of Hummus and a wasted lunch break.

Well except the game was pretty cool and the Emperor is WAYYYY too powerful.

Reaction score
Actually a Star Wars TFA themed cake, with a 3D plastic BB-8 on top.

Reaction score
^Thanks. I still might go to Walmart anyway to test-play Battlefront. And have my cake and eat it too.

Reaction score
I went by Walmart during lunch to check out this Battlefront setup (and pick up Fallout 4) and they didn't have ***** setup. So I cruised by the toy aisle to see maybe by the off chance they dumped the figures there, nope. All they had was fresh case of Wave 2 so I snagged a Phasma.

Reaction score
Well that's that for now. Wonder who their source for confirmation is?

Reaction score
My walmart media relations / PR Firm contact.
Did they mention why the event stated the figures would be out, and then they just weren't? I am more curious (I think we all are) than anything.

Reaction score
Did they mention why the event stated the figures would be out, and then they just weren't? I am more curious (I think we all are) than anything.
The press releases was poorly worded. The 6" BF trooper was in a grouping of 12 product that you can only buy at Walmart, but not all (half) are available as part of the event. I think it was just show that Walmart is a source for a lot of exclusive SW product now and in the future.

Reaction score
The press releases was poorly worded. The 6" BF trooper was in a grouping of 12 product that you can only buy at Walmart, but not all (half) are available as part of the event. I think it was just show that Walmart is a source for a lot of exclusive SW product now and in the future.
Thank you for the clarification. The shoddy press release is too bad, because it frustrates both collectors and Wal Mart employees alike having to field questions from all of us.

Reaction score
Why is there 2 mentions of a 6" figure?? :eek:
It's an editing issue. This is how it SHOULD have read....

Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Black Series 6″ Figure. Collectible 6″ exclusive Stormtrooper by Hasbro from the Star Wars™ Battlefront™ video game·
Star Wars MicroMachines Vehicles Villain Flagship Value Pack·
Star Wars: The Force Awakens Blue Squadron Figure & Vehicle
· X-wing fighter with exclusive blue stripes by Hasbro (as seen in Star Wars: The Force Awakens)
·
Collectible Vinyl figures from Funko featuring the Sandtrooper and Dewback

Reaction score
I think it stems from delays on the Hasbro side. More than likely the figure WAS supposed to be available, but in true Hasbro fashion there were delays in shipping the product. The press release flyers were probably printed months ago and by the time they realized the figures would not be in stock it was too late to correct them.

Reaction score
Makes me wonder if the Shock Trooper is going to be released when the game comes out next week.

Reaction score
I had a feeling this was going to happen... My store did not have them today.

Reaction score
Ugh. I'm sure they are not in my area yet but nevertheless I need to go hunting tonight after work.

Reaction score
No, it was not. To my knowledge, it was never in-stock, much like the 3.75" Blue X-Wing.
Cool, thanks! My closest store doesn't show any inventory but the one about 25-30 minutes away does. Going to try to get over there this evening.

Reaction score
Seriously?? Flipping Wal Mart...grrr. I could of went today, but worked out instead. Well who knows when I'll get to this one.