Imperial Shock Trooper - Battlefront

GNT

Reaction score
Pictures of a new exclusive have popped up online over at Ordersixtysix:

Who's going to be picking this one up?

Reaction score
I definitely WON'T be picking up Black Series 6" figures that are not core movie characters

....except this one...

Reaction score
I would like one, but depends on the retailer and how much (basically, yes if it will be available in Canada).

Reaction score
I guess a Shocktrooper is better than no trooper. Would have preferred a Phase 2 one though :/

Reaction score
ehhh I still like the idea of plain stormtroopers, I'm not on board with this CoD crowd-pandering toy.

Reaction score
I buy all 6" figs, so yes, I'll be buying this.... once it becomes available in the US ofcourse.
Anyone with a keen eye know if this is just a repaint of the OT Stormtrooper fig?

Reaction score
Is it just me or does the shock trooper paint scheme just not work on this armor? Me no likey

Reaction score
I'm noticing that it appears not to have a backpack like the Sandtroopers, while in the game trailers it shows they have them. I hope they include it in the final product.

Reaction score
I have a feeling this will be a gamestop exclusive.If that's the case I will pass.Back in 2008 I got screwed out of the Stormtrooper commander.I never forgave Gamestop for that mess.

Reaction score
what an unattractive colour scheme! sheeple will still flock (ahem) to buy it though ...

Reaction score
what an unattractive colour scheme! sheeple will still flock (ahem) to buy it though ...
Yes because everyone follows a world wide concensus based on your choices. People have different tastes, some will like the figure, some won't. People would be 'sheeple' as you put it if they all followed your sane choice.

Reaction score
I suppose if these guys end up being awesome in the game, the figure will become pretty popular. But there's just something really off about seeing a Stormtrooper like this.

But to go on a slight tangent - this game can't be Star Wars/Disney-canon, right? Has this game been in development since before Disney's Star Wars acquisition? I know there may be no real "storyline" to the game, so mostly just in terms of the characters (like this Shock Stormtrooper) in it.

Reaction score
Were it any other time, I'd be all over it. Too many others I need right now, though. This guy's maybe 6th in line, and that's only counting actual, current releases.

Reaction score
I think it is canon as they were hyping up finding out what happened on Jakku pre TFA.

Reaction score
This game is supposed to be part of the official canon. I guess as far as characters in it, and the battles that took place on those planets.

Reaction score
This game is supposed to be part of the official canon. I guess as far as characters in it, and the battles that took place on those planets.
But you see things like Vader vs Jedi Luke before Death Star 2, or Jedi Luke vs Boba gameplay before Jabba's barge. Those things now have happened in canon? I have a hard time seeing it

Though I guess the Marvel Comics are doing similar stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I don't care what Disney says about what is canon. Unless it's on film, and even then, they can change canon. With so many movies, cartoon, video games, book, comics they'll be able to keep all timelines consistent and not contradict another? I don't think so. I think movie will be #1 and if a book or game contradicts what they'll do for a movie, they'll discount the other medium ' s " canon" information

Reaction score
But you see things like Vader vs Jedi Luke before Death Star 2, or Jedi Luke vs Boba gameplay before Jabba's barge. Those things now have happened in canon? I have a hard time seeing it

Though I guess the Marvel Comics are doing similar stuff.

Yeah those parts probably aren't canon, but they've gotta put it in the game for fun factor. But we know there have been battles on Hoth, Endor, Tatooine, Jakku, and presumably Sullust since Vader mentioned it in ROTJ. This is just a game for us to play those battles.

Reaction score
I don't care what Disney says about what is canon. Unless it's on film, and even then, they can change canon. With so many movies, cartoon, video games, book, comics they'll be able to keep all timelines consistent and not contradict another? I don't think so. I think movie will be #1 and if a book or game contradicts what they'll do for a movie, they'll discount the other medium ' s " canon" information
I think we're going to have to get pretty creative to reconcile all of the new novels and comics with the movies and shows. But I think Disney and JJ will keep things relatively coherent. If we can find ways to reconcile the OT with the PT, we should be smart enough to do anything.

Reaction score
VERY MINOR BOOK SPOILERS BELOW:

I've read all the currently out new-canon books, and 90% of them don't come anywhere near the films, story-wise. The newest one (i'm about halfway through) has two main characters coming up through the Imperial training and becoming officers/pilots, just before/after ANH timeline wise. One is clearly joining the rebellion, one is staying with the empire. They had Tarkin show up early on as part of an imperial visit, and one of the characters is stationed on the Star Destroyer that picks up Vader after ANH. Everything of importance to the novel's story though, is a new character that's not influencing events around the movie events. IF they keep this model going then it shouldn't be hard to keep the movies unaffected by the books.

Reaction score
One of the new Marvel comic mini-series features Poe's parents. Well, it's presumably Poe's parents. It's a Dameron man and a woman who is his love interest, and it takes place immediately after Endor. It's distant enough from TFA for me to not have any strong objection to seeing it as canon.

On the other hand, the main Star Wars comic title had a short Vader vs. Luke fight, and a pretty cool Boba Fett vs. Luke fight taking place between ANH and ESB. Luke is pretty much outclassed by both of them, so it's somewhat believable, but I do have a bit of a problem with these characters crossing paths before they do in the films.

Reaction score
Will definitely pick one (or five) up. Great looking figure. Wouldn't be surprised if this is an exclusive to somewhere. Maybe not though.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I hope Hasbro will correct the gear for the Shocktrooper before they release these. In the Battlefront videos the Shocktroopers have a backpack, it looks slightly modified from a Sandtrooper pack. They could just slap a sandy pack in and call it good and hardly anyone would notice. Also it looks like they're using DLT-19's (MG-34s) like the Sandtroopers were packaged with, switch out that DLT-20a for the DLT-19 and it's perfect.

Reaction score
I agree it looks better on the 2nd stage Clone Trooper armor.

Reaction score
According to JTA. this looks to be a Walmart exclusive. Really? First Walmart gets the entire SA line as an exclusive and now this. I despise Walmart, mostly because of past exclusives and the crap its caused. In my area, they never make it to the shelf. They go straight to ebay from the stockroom. One time I stopped to at a Walmart to hunt for an exclusive and one of the workers tells me they're all out but he'll sell me one for double retail after he gets off. I keep trying to hope for the enjoyment to return to collecting but crap like this makes it really hard sometimes.

Reaction score
I'm surprised theyre gonna be Walmart exclusives too. Definitely thought it was gonna be GameStop. Right now the Walmart Exclusive 3.75" Black Series figs are hard as hell to find. I hope that won't be the case with the 6" Shocktrooper. Ofcourse it's not scheduled to release til February/March. Why so long? God only knows. But I think it would be wiser to release the figure along with the release of the Battlefront video game in December.