Imperial Senate Guard - Gaming Greats (TFU)

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Imperial Senate Guard (Gaming Greats) from The Force Unleashed. Based on the side art for #07 Boss, this should be #08 in the Gaming Greats sub-line.

Gamestop-Icon-18px.png
Exclusive in the U.S., EB Games Exclusive in Canada, & Fan-Channel Exclusive in the U.K.

Available for pre-order beginning tomorrow, December 1st, at 10:00am PT HERE. On shelf August 1, 2022. MSRP is $26.99.

Press Images

Black-Series-Imperial-Senate-Guard-Gaming-Greats-TFU-Boxed-1-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-Imperial-Senate-Guard-Gaming-Greats-TFU-Boxed-2-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-Imperial-Senate-Guard-Gaming-Greats-TFU-Loose-1-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-Imperial-Senate-Guard-Gaming-Greats-TFU-Loose-2-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-Imperial-Senate-Guard-Gaming-Greats-TFU-Loose-3-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-Imperial-Senate-Guard-Gaming-Greats-TFU-Loose-4-Resized.jpg

HD Images

Spoiler:  
Black-Series-Imperial-Senate-Guard-Gaming-Greats-TFU-Boxed-2.jpg

Black-Series-Imperial-Senate-Guard-Gaming-Greats-TFU-Loose-1.jpg

Black-Series-Imperial-Senate-Guard-Gaming-Greats-TFU-Loose-4.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
It’s def not what I expected when we all figured out this was some kind of ERG repaint. Looks ok but I’ll pass on this one. As detailed as that sculpt is I don’t really care for it

Reaction score
Got to be the least inspiring GG figure so far, even more so than Zalbaar and Boss. Really, really not fussed about getting this one, but I have every other release. FOMO man, its a hell of a drug. If it came with a robe I'd be all over it happily.

Reaction score
The repainted body is lazy and inaccurate. The design in the game is decently cool, and could’ve been accomplished with some more creative kit-bashing and re-tooling.

Between inflation, the GameStop “tax”, and actual taxes and shipping, this will be WAY overpriced.

Reaction score
I agree and is my main point as said in the main thread, that it takes up a GG slot and is too expensive for what it is.
IMO this mold is not worth $27, you want to make an all new figure like Malak then I'd seriously consider paying that upcharge for an exclusive!

Reaction score
I don't get it. So it's inaccurate to the game, costs more than usual, doesn't have the robe.....what was the point?

Maybe a rerelease of the original one with the robe in the archive line would have done well and been better but I don't know what the demand is like for that.

I'd like to see the Senate commandos with the new Clone body, that would be cool to have and they could go with Cad Bane and Aurra Sing.
I don't think a retool of the Stormtrooper body to make it more accurate would have been difficult to achieve.

The gaming great line is weird, here's some troopers for no one to fight.... Starkiller is going to come out any day now right hasbro?

Reaction score
Might pick up a few and print some senate guard heads from Skylu3d and add capes to have the the senate guards, other than that, yeah, this figure is underwhelming. So many other gaming characters would have been more exciting before reaching this far into the barrel

Reaction score
I'd like to see the Senate commandos with the new Clone body, that would be cool to have and they could go with Cad Bane and Aurra Sing.
Now that I would have also been tempted on, I've always wanted a non animated version of the Senate Commando! And TBH I'm really surprise we've never seen it in TVC being that it's just a Clone painted blue with a different helmet and shoulder armor. Totally up their alley of 90% reuse with 10% new and it's a troop builder.
That said, I'm not sure of the demand for it either being that we're so far removed from TCW era.

The gaming great line is weird, here's some troopers for no one to fight.... Starkiller is going to come out any day now right hasbro?
For sure, we keep hearing maybe it will lead somewhere if they sell enough repaints, yet this deep in and what do we have that's all new? I'll give them a tad credit for Zaalbar, but even then he looks a bit creepy and too much like Chewbacca. Zaalbar was slightly stockier than Chewie. Oh and while we're talking Aurra Sing she's prefect reuse base for Mission Vao, just need a new head.

Which begs the question who thinks this lame easy crap up when they could do so much more with a little imagination.

Reaction score
I will eventually get him. Not rushing to place another preorder. If I have to wait till August, I will just wait until he’s in stock.

Reaction score
I’m in agreement with Bosski. I’ll probably pass on this guy, even though I love figures from Force Unleashed. I really want Starkiller, but we know Hasbro isn’t going to tool something new for Gaming Greats.
5BC842DB-AEAF-457A-AD5B-5BFFEFADD085.jpeg

Reaction score
I honestly do not recall these guys, must have skipped that level. lol

But once again it is inaccurate all except the helmet, so why bother paying $27 for that? Hasbro couldn't have just thrown this figures helmet on a stormy, swapped the legs with Kylo Ren's or this figure and then painted the appropriate parts blue? Seriously they need to start doing better at this for the prices they want to charge, and if that means having all the molds in the same place then do it.

This whole thing of Molds being scattered across the country is starting to really affect some good mix & match possibilities

Reaction score
True. But they could have done it much closer to the correct way by using stormtrooper and ERG parts. Same problem I had with the shadow guard. Just repainting the ERG is lazy.
That would require Hasbro to start imposing some kind of standard of uniformity on the peg and ball sizes for their figures in a given scale...

Reaction score
That would require Hasbro to start imposing some kind of standard of uniformity on the peg and ball sizes for their figures in a given scale...
I get that you’re saying but it’s not the case. Maybe if they were going to use the new stormtrooper mold. But the old one (which they’ve clearly shown they’re not ready to put out to pasture) could be kitbashed with ERG parts. I did it a while back with the shadow squadron stormy and the original shadow guard. That’s one of the few customs I’ve sold that I wish I’d kept. But regardless Hasbro isn’t clearly willing to do anything with these GG figures other than apply paint.

Reaction score
It must be intentional, for whatever reason, to not have that uniform standard.
But I'm not toy expert, so there's that.
Perhaps Scott Nietlich has some idea.

I get that you’re saying but it’s not the case. Maybe if they were going to use the new stormtrooper mold. But the old one (which they’ve clearly shown they’re not ready to put out to pasture) could be kitbashed with ERG parts. I did it a while back with the shadow squadron stormy and the original shadow guard. That’s one of the few customs I’ve sold that I wish I’d kept.
If the OG Stormie and the Royal Guard have compatible parts, that's a nice bit of serendipity (or maybe some farsighted designer was hoping that these TFU guardsmen wer a future possibility), but generally speaking, I've found that most Hasbro figures in most scales require extensive modification before heads, limbs and so forth can be swapped. 🤔

But regardless Hasbro isn’t clearly willing to do anything with these GG figures other than apply paint.
Aren't the various JFO troopers part of the GG range?

Reaction score
Now I have somebody/something to check out. Never seen one of his vids.
Just to forewarn you, he can come across like a smug, used car salesman. The DC and MOTU communities generally didn't like him while he was running those lines for Mattel.

That said, he is a collector, and is knowledgeable about the toy industry, so his videos have good insight and information.

Reaction score
in other words, he is very arrogant. but when he needs something, that attitude does a 180.

Reaction score
Yeah I'm drawing a line in the sand here. I've bought a few GG figures just because I wanted the entire line but this is an awful release.

GNT

Reaction score
I kinda dig this one, the character looks pretty neat.