Imperial Scanning Crew Trooper

Reaction score
Yup ... and according to the article with the pic, the new Trooper has blonde hair and blue eyes ... which is just enough of a change to make me buy this piece of [censored].
Dammit.

Reaction score
Hope this isn't like the Saga Imperial Officer with like 3 different variations.

gMt

Reaction score
I'd really like to see a comparison shot with the original POTF2 one from the carrying case. Maybe it's just the lighting of the picture, but his uniform looks darker than the original. That would be VERY annoying if he didn't match up with the previous one.

Of course, that could be Hasbro's insidious plot: don't match them up so you have to buy two.

Reaction score
Well it's about time. It's from AZ AGAIN! Man do they get everything first? I'm jealous

Reaction score
Grand_Matt_Tarkin said:
I'd really like to see a comparison shot with the original POTF2 one from the carrying case. Maybe it's just the lighting of the picture, but his uniform looks darker than the original.
It is darker - quite a bit darker.

Reaction score
Yah, the original 'Trooper with the Falcon case had a pretty monotone uniform. Almost white, as I recall. I LIKE this new paint job, & as I don't have the original Scanning Trooper, I'll be sure to grab this one when I see it!

Reaction score
Are any of you surprised? I'm not, it figures Hasbro would put another rehashed figure out to finish off the OTC waves.

Reaction score
Thought I heard this somewhere but is it true that there are different colored hair variants of the scanning crew member?

Reaction score
You know, after seeing that carded image at GH, I am actually kind of looking forward to him now. I never got the one with the carry case, opted for the Wedge one instead. I wasn't too excited about this reissue, but he actually doesn't look half bad with that new paint job. Still He-Manish though.

Reaction score
Yes, the body is incredibly outdated... and the face is a bit outdated... but... I actually had to look twice when I first got this figure in.

The blonde hair and few other paint ap differences make this lookl ike a different head sculot, though it's not.

Not a horrible figure... but still lame as a "Fans' Choice"... also no sticker saying anything of the sort.

Reaction score
If Hasbro's releasing it to help collectors (sort of) fill the missing piece from their collection, then I'm for it. (I'll pass since I already have the first version.) Hopefully they don't overestimate demand. The sculpt doesn't compare to today's figures and an army builder it ain't.

Reaction score
I'm happy I received this figure in a case from EE I missed him the first time around. I don't think this is your it's not the best Fan's Choice figure out there and certainly one I am disappointed with. I guess it's the same sculpt as the original because from what I here the bulkiness is still there.

Reaction score
Jedi_Idej said:
If Hasbro's releasing it to help collectors (sort of) fill the missing piece from their collection, then I'm for it. (I'll pass since I already have the first version.) Hopefully they don't overestimate demand.
How can Hasbro overestimate the demand when he's only one per case? If anything this is going to be an Ephant Mon disaster all over again.

Reaction score
I plan on getting one or two of him for my Imperial diorama but I'll be lucky to find one since he's packed only one per case though.

Reaction score
After seeing the GH pics, the painting looks much better on the head and body; while the bodys shape is still terrible: his hands look like mittens and he does have a "he-man" body. I'm going to just swap heads with an ATST Han, like hasbro should have done...

Reaction score
Dr__Zoltar said:
Jedi_Idej said:
If Hasbro's releasing it to help collectors (sort of) fill the missing piece from their collection, then I'm for it. (I'll pass since I already have the first version.) Hopefully they don't overestimate demand.
How can Hasbro overestimate the demand when he's only one per case? If anything this is going to be an Ephant Mon disaster all over again.
Initially 1 per case. Later asst. will be 2 or 3/ case. same w/ the "Endor" wave rereleases and some of the later OTC's and Bespin Leia

Reaction score
R1G4R3PO said:
Dr__Zoltar said:
Jedi_Idej said:
Initially 1 per case. Later asst. will be 2 or 3/ case. same w/ the "Endor" wave rereleases and some of the later OTC's and Bespin Leia
just curious, where did you spot these new case asst.'s. can you provide a link. thanks

Reaction score
Here's the case mix w/the multiple Imperial Troopers:

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS84715R

Star Wars - The Original Trilogy Collection 3 3/4-inch Basic Action Figure Assortment Wave 11.75. Includes all-new vintage-style packaging that resembles the original line of Kenner Star Wars action figures.

Contains 12 individually packaged action figures: 3x Cloud Car Pilot (OTC #19), 3x Lobot (OTC # 20), 3x Lando Calrissian in Skiff Guard Disguise (OTC #32), 3x Imperial Scanning Crew Member - Fan's Choice #6 (OTC #38). (Subject to change.)

Reaction score
The head looks a lot better with a decant paint ap, too bad they didn't use the Imperial Officer body if they did this figure could have been a very nice resculpt/hash.

Why Hasbro, why do you insisit on such half assed ness!!

Reaction score
Yoda_B_Vader said:
now that sounds like a good case assortment
It's good for Lando and Scanning Crew Member but I don't need anymore of Lobot or CC Pilot. I'm still waiting to see if the Scanning Crew Member comes with different hair colors.

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the eyes are painted with the whites this time?

Reaction score
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
The head looks a lot better with a decant paint ap, too bad they didn't use the Imperial Officer body if they did this figure could have been a very nice resculpt/hash.

Why Hasbro, why do you insisit on such half assed ness!!

[/QUOTE]

In defense of Hasbro, they did not pick this figure. The fan's did in that pseudo-Fan's Choice Poll. However, you are right in the fact that they could have given better options for the figures in the first place; at the same time, most of the choices were pretty rare or exclusive.

Reaction score
Received this guy from Amazon today, cheap, got it for the scanning box mainly whihc turned out to be smaller than the one that comes with the Legacy Collection one.