Imperial Scanning Crew Trooper

Reaction score
It looks like our votes did count. This figure is the last in the OTC line so far. What do you think of the rehash of such a crummy sculpt? Will you buy it because you missed it?

I'm buying one mainly since I missed it, and also for the scanning box thing.

Thinks?

Reaction score
I missed it too, but the buff chest is scaring me away from the figure. The least they could have done was put the headsculpt on a AT-ST Driver's body (from the Imperial Forces 4-pack) and called it a new figure. THEN I would have bought it.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
My feelings exactly. At the end of the POTF2 line, I would have jumped at the chance to get this since I missed it, but with the leaps in quality we've seen over the years, I can't buy a POTF2-era fig anymore.

Reaction score
I almost bought it on e-bay a few times, but couldn't justify paying $20 or more after shipping for a crappy figure. Thus the completist in me was pretty happy to hear that it's gonna be re-released. It may be a crappy figure, but I must have one of everything!

Reaction score
I listened to me mum...

When I got the Wedge Case, and heard the scanning Trooper was coming in another case...I really wanted to get it. But...I had the case and a budget..so she told me not to worry...Hasbro would card him soon enough.

They sure did.

If I see him I'll pick him up...I'm not goling to jump through hoops though.

Reaction score
Daigo_Bah said:
My feelings exactly. At the end of the POTF2 line, I would have jumped at the chance to get this since I missed it, but with the leaps in quality we've seen over the years, I can't buy a POTF2-era fig anymore.
What? That's crazy, some of the POTF2 figures were really cool, and they like the vintage figures tended to have natural poses, so they could sit down, fit in ships and stuff

Alot of these modern figures aren't very robust, they're so delicate, kids toys should be robust, not so delicate you're affraid to touch in case you break it

For example, I've had two saga figures loose limbs just while I've been opening the pack, that never happened in the old days

I think alot of you guys forget that Star Wars figures are TOYS and should be designed to be PLAYED with by KIDS, if the vintage line had been so delicate I doubt whether we would have been hooked in the first place

So don't knock the old robust figures, I like the new figures too but some of them are just too fragile and would never survive a kid playing with them for moire than 5 minutes

Reaction score
When this figure came out in the same collector case with the Wedge figure, I felt this was one of the initial moments when I started dissing Hasbro because I felt it was a situation where they wanted to get more money from me...now I feel I should've just waited. But since I've got kids, I usually just donate any extra stuff to them since they're into SW anyway...but it also might be just an excuse for me this time to get an extra one to recreate the pair just waiting to be ambushed aboard the Falcon. Hmmm...I wonder if those guys and the naked stormtroopers ever got out (assuming not dead) before the Falcon left the Death Star for Yavin???

Reaction score
I missed out on him the first time so I will definately be picking him up this time.

Reaction score
I was fortunate to find this at retail when if first came out. I never saw it again at retail. I may actually get one of these to go along with the other one. In case someday I want to set up my Falcon on the DS hangar. Then I could plop a couple scanning crew members there fore decoration.

The more I think about it's a good figure to recard. Granted I'd rather have a new sculpt or a different new figure alltogether. But that's not in the Hasbro plan and I'm finished whining about that because it gets old reading it. If you did not get it or want another one this is going to be cool for you.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
jedi_crewe said:
Daigo_Bah said:
What? That's crazy, some of the POTF2 figures were really cool, and they like the vintage figures tended to have natural poses, so they could sit down, fit in ships and stuff

Alot of these modern figures aren't very robust, they're so delicate, kids toys should be robust, not so delicate you're affraid to touch in case you break it

For example, I've had two saga figures loose limbs just while I've been opening the pack, that never happened in the old days

I think alot of you guys forget that Star Wars figures are TOYS and should be designed to be PLAYED with by KIDS, if the vintage line had been so delicate I doubt whether we would have been hooked in the first place

So don't knock the old robust figures, I like the new figures too but some of them are just too fragile and would never survive a kid playing with them for moire than 5 minutes
Oh, you're one of those guys that believes classic Star Wars is for kids
. I agree that the older figures were more durable, but they looked like crappy superheroes. We all know that figures based on a 25+ year old movie are for us collectors, and 9 out of 10 collectors prefer accuracy and articulation over figures you can throw at a wall and not break, so these POTF2 sculpts can stay where they are. But, I'm glad a few people at least will buy them, or they would clog up the pegs.

Reaction score
Durge said:
I'm buying one mainly since I missed it, and also for the scanning box thing.
That's basically why I'm getting it. I'll pick up as many as three depending on availability and whether it goes on sale. Sure it's a buff old guy, but at least he's carded now.

GNT

Reaction score
Mobile_Artillery said:
Sure it's a buff old guy, but at least he's carded now.
Well technically he was carded before just not on the basic cards sold at retail

Reaction score
Bounty_Hunter_GNT said:
Mobile_Artillery said:
Sure it's a buff old guy, but at least he's carded now.
Well technically he was carded before just not on the basic cards sold at retail

To quote my friend IndianaVader, "ba-dom-ch".

Reaction score
I may pick him up, but it would have been better if hasbro put his head on the Imperial officer body, the body he is on is just too buff.

But you really do need 2 of these guys to carry round the scanner.

Reaction score
IMO, a very lame idea of Hasbro to rerelease this POTF II kitbashed figure. They could have just altered the Imperial Officer's body (again) making it somewhat more unique.

Reaction score
Stupid idea and the figure looks scary. But, I will get it mainly for the scanning box.

Reaction score
If only collectors would boycott this figure (or any other figure that makes the main-buyers angry) Hasbro would realize that they'd have to put more effort into these.

Reaction score
Who really voted for it anyways?
I voted for the Han Stormtrooper and then (on my laptop) voted for the R2 with holo Leia.

Anyway, despite my feelings towards it, I think I might buy it.

Reaction score
i would rather have a figure that was not made yet or if it had to be a reissued figure that figure should have been admerial motti or admerial piett....both figures were hard to find....at least it would only be the second time for both of these compared to the tenth billion han solo or luke...robert

Reaction score
You know the Scanning Crew guy didn't really win, he was introduced a day late by gum! I call shennanigans on Hasbro's part. They did this with the other Fan's Choice poll too.

Reaction score
When does this come out? Have you decided whether or not you will be purchasing him?

I will be buying him. This will be my first time owning this figure.

Thinks?

Reaction score
I'm glad we're getting this figure all though he will look kind of weird next to the new super detailed/paint decoed figures we've become used to since he was made in 97(?).
With the old scale they used to use i bet he towers over many of todays figures.

-V-

http://www.karinations.com

Reaction score
They could have at least used the Imperial Commander's body (again) and given him a new leg pose (more straightened), a new head (or at least a repainted one) and arms that can be straightened.

Add a imperial blaster and the searching device and you have a nice figure.

Reaction score
I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm glad they're including this figure. It's one of the very few I'm missing and I'd rather pay $5 at retail than at least $10 plus shipping on e-bay. A new version down the road would be nice, but I think this is a piece a lot of collectors are missing. He wouldn't have won the poll otherwise.

Reaction score
I am just surprised we have not seen a carded picture of this yet. We have allready seen carded pics of the upcoming Naboo and Coruscant waves. Why not this guy?

Reaction score
Well, I'll get one just because my current "carded" one I got off ebay looks funny next to my other figures.

Reaction score
I'll be picking him up for the simple fact that I'm collecting all 38 carded...even though I'm a loose collector, I really dig the packaging and it's kinda fun to keep track of the ones I have along with the ones I need.

I'm pretty much caught up except for Leia in white and the Biker Scout.

Still need the tusken raider and the figs after him, too!

Reaction score
Not yet. I am surprised since we've seen carded pics of the Naboo and Coruscant waves.

Reaction score
Walmarts are getting the wave with him in it right now. I think he may be short packed too. He is quite different looking. Hair is blonde, eyes are green and his suit has a darker shade of grey washed throughout it. Amazing how different this figure looks with a different paint job.

Reaction score
So? It's still a buff He-Man sculpt with a skintight jumpsuit.
At least the POTF II At-St Driver (wish this figure is based on) had a great head- which still doesn't look dated, IMO.

Reaction score
I know Hasbro is into doing the lease amount of work required, but I think they should still stick with consistancy. With a new scanning trooper, all they need to do is resculpt the forearms and then they could recycle the Imperial officer heads. But alas...

Reaction score
Darth_Anton said:
I know Hasbro is into doing the lease amount of work required, but I think they should still stick with consistancy. With a new scanning trooper, all they need to do is resculpt the forearms and then they could recycle the Imperial officer heads. But alas...
I was thinking the same thing. I may do him as a custom.