Imperial Rocket Trooper - #GG01

Reaction score
Yeah not surprised at all it's a straight up repack with minor paint variation. I do like the original figure though so I'll be picking one up to go with my Commander

Reaction score
Doesn't look like there's any hints on the artwork side who'll be next, but then I guess yakface has already said that this is #1 and Cal is #2.

Full press image gallery:

Black-Series-Imperial-Rocket-Trooper-Gaming-Greats-Boxed-1-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-Imperial-Rocket-Trooper-Gaming-Greats-Boxed-2-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-Imperial-Rocket-Trooper-Gaming-Greats-Loose-1-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-Imperial-Rocket-Trooper-Gaming-Greats-Loose-2-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-Imperial-Rocket-Trooper-Gaming-Greats-Loose-3-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-Imperial-Rocket-Trooper-Gaming-Greats-Loose-4-Resized.jpg

HD image of the artwork side:

Spoiler:  
Black-Series-Imperial-Rocket-Trooper-Gaming-Greats-Boxed-2.jpg
I been trying to move away from collecting any more Black Series due to space and hobby focus reasons but I am all in for this one, love the look of the figure and packaging, count me in!

Reaction score
I'm the opposite, releases like this help reinforce me not buying. I can only hope enough people do like this type of stuff to keep the unique and interesting type of figures coming!
tooo funny! lol I actually do find this figure unique and interesting lol.

Reaction score
I vastly prefer the original color scheme but never saw it the first time around. Might still pick one of these up if I see them, though

Reaction score
This needs repeating for hasbros sake....."This figure needs a tvc release as well"

Reaction score
I usually order two to get free shipping but my brother doesn't want one of these and I don't want two.

Definitely don't feel like paying almost 35 for this one. Maybe I'll try an in store preorder, you guys get those fulfilled in a timely manner?

EDIT: I reckon I could order two and return one to a store for a full refund? Or will they try and reduce my refund?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I usually order two to get free shipping but my brother doesn't want one of these and I don't want two.

Definitely don't feel like paying almost 35 for this one. Maybe I'll try an in store preorder, you guys get those fulfilled in a timely manner?

EDIT: I reckon I could order two and return one to a store for a full refund? Or will they try and reduce my refund?

Yeah, pretty much in the same boat myself as no way am I paying €35 for a straight up repaint on the old body sculpt.

Reaction score
I have the orange shoulder one so I am getting one even though I swore never to buy anymore of the Stormtroopers using the old body.

Reaction score
im in for two of them 🤷‍♂️ its not like they're ever going to make this character in the new body style so might as well bite now

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Maybe I'll try an in store preorder, you guys get those fulfilled in a timely manner?

It's been my experience that stores receive their preorder stock at least two to three weeks after online orders start shipping out. You can return one for a full refund in store. However, and this might only be a quirk in my location, the sales tax calculated in store on an order refund is less than I'm charged online so I end up shorted $0.10~$0.20 per figure. 🤷‍♂️

Reaction score
thank you, just ordered now!! Whew, ,I was thinking I couldnt get a pre-order in on this, dont want to chase it in stores...
Yep, not a big fan of preorders but dealing with the GameStop staff is worse especially if they’re collectors themselves.

Reaction score
OMG. I'm happy I'm not interested in this figure. EBGames has him up for $37.99 CDN. For those who don't know, regular price on BS in Canada was $29.99. It is now $32.99 but EBGames exclusives were generally $34.99 so price hike is in line with non exclusives, but still sucks. I remember when I used to pay $24.99CDN for BS figures. Might have even started at $19.99. My first was Boba Fett and I got it at Disney store which was pricier than other places.

Reaction score
It being a Game Stop Exclusive the $24 is expected so I'm glad I can live without this one, because IMO it shouldn't be any more than a basic $20-22 figure. This "repaint" feels to me like it could have easily been just a basic release, which strikes me as odd why Pulse just doesn't do high priced repaint and reissues like this and keep the profits for themselves. This way it would allow them to have larger budget for the line by cutting out the middle man.

Then again, at least it helps keeps other business going and allows people to work. If Game Stop ever does go full BK and close I wonder what Hasbro will do with the Gaming Greats line then?

Reaction score
Gamestop staff near me is always great to deal with.
My old GameStop was also great than it closed and I moved. (Not because it closed 😹) My new local GameStop sucks. Two of the staff are black series collectors so they purge everything and make it clear that they are proud of this fact.

Reaction score
Gamestop staff near me is always great to deal with.
Mine are not. If I don't call periodically around release for my figures they won't ever call me. The guy gets mad when I call once a week, says he'll call me. One time my girlfriend went in to check while she was there and they had my preorder on the shelf...

Reaction score
I just tried to pre order the Rocket Trooper and the Elite Trooper but the ship dates are a week apart, so they aren't offering free shipping. Am I correct they offer free shipping on orders over $35?

Reaction score
I just tried to pre order the Rocket Trooper and the Elite Trooper but the ship dates are a week apart, so they aren't offering free shipping. Am I correct they offer free shipping on orders over $35?

I think everything has to be in stock or shipping at the same time.

Reaction score
I think everything has to be in stock or shipping at the same time.
OK, thanks for the info. I'll probably just wait til they are in stock, and purchase both or if they end up selling out, it's ok since I'm starting to back off of 6" BS anyways.

Reaction score
GS sent an email yesterday that my order will be shipping out soon. 😃

I got the same email. The thing is I got the same email for the Mando helmet a month ago & it is still
waiting for available product.

The crazy thing with Gamestop is I consistently receive requests from them to give feedback (review) the products that were pre-ordered, way before they ship. Here is a screenshot of the request for the GG Rocket Trooper...
55689586-511C-4950-AD04-E6EF1A572BC4.jpeg

Each time, I did & commented that “I really love this item, but would love it even more if it shipped & I had it in my hands”
They just moderate the review without publishing it. At least they let you know why. Here is a screenshot for the requested feedback I submitted for the GI Joe Cobra Trooper (my submission in the yellow box)..
6EE12A82-B452-4D11-9C94-194D223768AF.jpeg

They have even requested feedback on an item (Tantive playset) that I ordered & THEY cancelled.

🙄

Anyways... cmon Rocket Trooper!

Reaction score
Hmm, whenever I've received those emails, they've shipped my order out within a week or so. Recently, my Purge Troopers shipped 4 days after I received the email.

Many of the emails I received shipped within a week, but there have been quite a few that took longer.
A screenshot of the Mando helmet email I mentioned (received on the 21 of last month) that still hasn’t
shipped...
FCC48172-D4D5-4373-A1BA-78B262E65201.jpeg

But the Rocket Trooper will probably ship very soon since YF reported that they were hitting GS warehouses here in
Texas.

Reaction score
I ordered for store pickup, so I hope the stores get their figures soon. I'm worried they wont call and I need to call them.

Reaction score
I also got notice its going to be shipping. I guess I could have waited for this one to go on sale. But then it ends up being back ordered and wait for a whole month or two. I wouldnt mind getting the one that has orange on it now.

Reaction score
I'm going to wait on this one to see if it goes on sale or something. I was able to get the first one pretty easily, and I ended up getting a few more on sale later on.

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Nope. Release date has also been pushed back more than two weeks - now has a release date of 5/19. I'm not sure about the loose pics, but the boxed ones came from Australia, which for some reason is where almost all the early Gaming Greats in-hand images have come from.

Reaction score
Hmm, whenever I've received those emails, they've shipped my order out within a week or so. Recently, my Purge Troopers shipped 4 days after I received the email.

Add this to the list that didn’t ship right after the email was sent. Mine still hasn’t.