Imperial Range Trooper - #64

Reaction score
So I'm assuming his E-11 has a laser sight on the barrel there? Maybe that means these guys will aim better than the "basic" Imperial troops. 'Cause clearly the regular scopes on the "regular" E-11s and DH-17s aren't worth squat.

Reaction score
A lot of troopers in Rogue One had those little attachments, too. It didn't seem to improve their accuracy much!

Reaction score
well.. in regards to the new Solo trailer...
  Spoiler:  
we know he is not a single ranger character, so he's officially an armybuilder now :)

Reaction score
Yeah, mine arrived today in the mail (thanks Maverick!) and I humbly take back anything I said about him previously. This guy is just too freakin cool! The soft goods collar (sooooo soft btw) blends perfectly with the plastic and rubber skirt piece. It really looks like he is wearing a little coat. I was also surprised at the articulation. I mean, it is hindered by his bulk and the coat and all, but I was surprised at how much you can still do with him despite that.

Reaction score
Giving this guy the rifle from the Snow/Stormtrooper helps his look. Seems more fitting to have a long rifle with a scope. Maybe if the included gun was accurate I wouldnt feel so negative on his stock rifle.

It's just missing the stock and the white paint. Looks out of place.

Reaction score
Seen everything from the first wave at Targets this week except this trooper...

Reaction score
Just discovered his wrist pegs are designed to slide in and out of the forearm. This allows you to use some of the wrist articulation. Very nice!

Reaction score
Just discovered his wrist pegs are designed to slide in and out of the forearm. This allows you to use some of the wrist articulation. Very nice!
Okay, so that IS how it's supposed to work? Because I was playing with mine last night trying to get him in a shooting pose. When the left hand slid outward I panicked and quickly put him back into the box thinking I was on the verge of doing some damage.

Reaction score
Good catch Garven, that is pretty cool!

I'm a little confused about all this talk about him having the wrong blaster. It looks like the blaster they have in the latest trailer :confused: Doesn't make a difference to me, because his fur collar is sooooo soft ;)

Reaction score
At first I thought I was tearing the hinge when I was using it but it definitely just slides. Has 2 detents sculpted even.

He does have the correct gun, it's just missing the stock similar to the Deathtrooper's and the white paint.

Reaction score
Ah, ok. I saw a screen grab from the trailer and also the leaked Topps images...now I see what you mean.

Anyway, I really wasn't feeling this guy when first revealed, but he really is pretty great

Reaction score
While it doesn't look as bad as i originally thought, there are still some aspects of it that don't make a whole lot of sense to me. Those huge, oversized boots don't really fit in with the Star Wars aesthetic at all, they seem more generic sci-fi/futuristic. The big thick coat is something that seems a bit strange considering they appear to be wearing the main body armour of Cold Weather Stormtroopers who are already meant to operate in freezing conditions and they wear less. It's mainly the shoulder fur that makes it look quite silly, though.

Reaction score
I'm not gonna lie, the coat is still somewhat perplexing, but they use the magnetic boots to cling to the train seen in the trailers. I doubt they walk around wearing magnetic boots all of the time.

Reaction score
I'm glad we are finally able to embrace logic and reason when considering the imperial troops outfits.
I think the fur collar serves no purpose other than to look bad-a*s. :awesome::p:grin:

Reaction score
Okay, so your primary role is to guard high speed rail trains in an already cold environment. Wouldn't you want a nice fur lined coat to help with the immensely powerful windstreams you'll feel?

I can imagine that feeling puts Hoth to shame. Hell on decent day the wind from your car window can feel cold.

Think about it guys.

Reaction score
While it doesn't look as bad as i originally thought, there are still some aspects of it that don't make a whole lot of sense to me. Those huge, oversized boots don't really fit in with the Star Wars aesthetic at all, they seem more generic sci-fi/futuristic. The big thick coat is something that seems a bit strange considering they appear to be wearing the main body armour of Cold Weather Stormtroopers who are already meant to operate in freezing conditions and they wear less. It's mainly the shoulder fur that makes it look quite silly, though.
Yeah...I kind of worry that someone just came up with the idea of “Stormtroopers with magnetic boots!” and then they wrote in the whole train sequence to justify that...

Okay, so your primary role is to guard high speed rail trains in an already cold environment. Wouldn't you want a nice fur lined coat to help with the immensely powerful windstreams you'll feel?

I can imagine that feeling puts Hoth to shame. Hell on decent day the wind from your car window can feel cold.

Think about it guys.
It sounds reasonable until you realize that Han’s just wearing his regular trousers and boots under his coat and only a pair of goggles to protect his face from the wind.

Reaction score
It sounds reasonable until you realize that Han’s just wearing his regular trousers and boots under his coat and only a pair of goggles to protect his face from the wind.
Yes but Han and co. are just there for a heist. Quick in and out.

Those troopers are likely stationed there for long periods at a time.

Reaction score
Maybe the Empire thinks if it's worth doing it's with over doing. I opened one of the figures I picked up and love this guy. Pretty awesome figure. I think the clunky boots are magnetic boots seeing them on the train in the trailer.

Reaction score
Yeah...I kind of worry that someone just came up with the idea of “Stormtroopers with magnetic boots!” and then they wrote in the whole train sequence to justify that...
Well, train robberies are one of the oldest Western tropes (one of the first ever narrative films is 1903's "The Great Train Robbery"). I think it's more likely they had to try to figure out how to a "train" would work in a world with antigravity and hyperspace, and then they worked backward from there in terms of how to have an action sequence on said train, and then came up with the idea of "Stormtroopers with magnetic boots!" :)

Reaction score
Saw one of these at Target today--everything else new was gone, though. I was tempted to pick it up, but the fur collar on the specimen I found wasn't particularly nice; it looked like it wasn't properly centered. Also, I briefly saw these on Amazon for less, so I figure if I really want one I'll just keep an eye out there. Looks cool and has nice heft to it, though.

Reaction score
Saw one of these at Target today--everything else new was gone, though. I was tempted to pick it up, but the fur collar on the specimen I found wasn't particularly nice; it looked like it wasn't properly centered. Also, I briefly saw these on Amazon for less, so I figure if I really want one I'll just keep an eye out there. Looks cool and has nice heft to it, though.
The fur piece actually spins around freely so you can center it or align it to your liking. I think it's just a circle of fake fur with a hole in it.