Imperial Dignitary - Janus Greejatus!!!

GNT

Reaction score

(Click To Enlarge)

Fast-forwarding to Return of the Jedi, we have Imperial Dignitary Janus Greejatus, now identified as being from the Death Star Procession. janus comes with a Death Star base, and the back of the card reveals a few more details about upcoming Saga figures. Also heaps of new carded Clone Wars stuff has shown up, check them out here.

Thoughts?

R2-D2 With Drink Tray
Holographic Luke Skywalker...
Bubo Figure!

[ 10-28-2003, 02:12 AM: Message edited by: Bounty Hunter GNT ]

G

YAY!!!!!

[ 09-27-2003, 06:52 PM: Message edited by: Clone Warrior 4/163 ]

Reaction score
Looks great! It probably won't be too long before this wave hits now that carded images are out there...

Reaction score
He looks awesome, im still a bit bumed we are not getting the vintage version as well as this version (the 2 in the film) but I hope Hasbro will produce all 5 (i think there are 5) at some point.

But I doubt we will ever see the vintage version now.

GNT

Reaction score
I think it was said that we would be seeing Sim Aloo(Vintage dignitary) next year.

Reaction score
Maybe, I'll pick him up, but then I would need more troops..

Reaction score
Cant wait for this one. How can my emperor arrive without his dignitary's. Probably will get 2 of this one.

GNT

Reaction score
Originally posted by rebelkiller:
Cant wait for this one. How can my emperor arrive without his dignitary's. Probably will get 2 of this one.
<font size="2" face="arial">So 2 of this dignitary and 2 of the other making 4 in total?

Reaction score
Yes, I will certainly be picking up the dignitaries. Hope they do release the vintage version next year as well.

Reaction score
Cool, add him to the list of all the other figures that aren't going to make it to Canada...

Can't wait to get him and the other 2004 figures though.

Who the heck came up with that name though? "Janus Greejatus?" Did they even try saying it after they came up with it?

Reaction score
This toy alone might bring me back into Star Wars collecting??? That one and the second Dignitary!!! Finally no more stupid action features!!!!!!

Reaction score
I gotta agree with ol' Rik up there.

Meh. I can't really understand why everyone's creaming their pants over this guy. I mean, he's looks okay and all, but he's really just an old man. From the reaction he gets, you'd think that he should be in every line from LEGO to Unleashed. (Heh, Imperial Dignitary UNLEASHED. That's pretty funny.)

But, hey, the good news is that I'm one less guy you're competing with for this guy. (It's no surprise that he's a static fellow w/o any action features. Though it's also funny to think of what action feature he'd have if they gave him one. SUPER SNIVELLING ACTION! QUICK DRAW GROVELLING! TOTAL CONTROL WALKER ACCESSORY!)

G

I like it. I think I would buy this figure last if I had to choose it in a store between the newer figures that I don't have. I like playability in a figure, and this looks like a saltshaker. It's a nice sculpt though.

Reaction score
Originally posted by infallible:
I gotta agree with ol' Rik up there.

Meh. I can't really understand why everyone's creaming their pants over this guy. I mean, he's looks okay and all, but he's really just an old man. From the reaction he gets, you'd think that he should be in every line from LEGO to Unleashed. (Heh, Imperial Dignitary UNLEASHED. That's pretty funny.)

But, hey, the good news is that I'm one less guy you're competing with for this guy. (It's no surprise that he's a static fellow w/o any action features. Though it's also funny to think of what action feature he'd have if they gave him one. SUPER SNIVELLING ACTION! QUICK DRAW GROVELLING! TOTAL CONTROL WALKER ACCESSORY!)
<font size="2" face="arial">LOL! I am not "creaming my pants" for this guy. It's just nice that Hasbro made the dignitaries in my opinion. There is plenty of room for the same old resculpts of main characters, aliens, and whatever else. It's a nice nod to fans that love background characters even if they are sniveling old geezers that do nothing in the films. I don't think everyone wants them in the Lego or Unleashed lines. LOL!

Judging by the amount of posts this has received plenty of folks don't seem to mind getting this old geezer. So, it's a good thing in my opinion.

Reaction score
I'm leaving the him on the pegs for the rest of you guys. Personally, I prefer troop builders and generic figures. They are much more fun, in my opinion.

Reaction score
I don't know, but I love new never before done figures, and I love Original Trilogy figures, and I love figures with no stupid gimmicks!!! So I love these figures.

Reaction score

What's up with THAT paintjob ?

[ 10-27-2003, 04:42 PM: Message edited by: Kris Van de Sande tm ]

GNT

Reaction score
Talk about Fugly! It's probably an early painted figure or a really bad painted released product.

Reaction score
i think he needs to go to the local beautician for a face wash..

but other than the paintjob, i think the sculpt pretty good, right?

Reaction score
Guys, I just got mine from Singapore. The paintjob is pretty good. unlike what was featured in the photo archives.

Reaction score
I was really looking forward to this figure. After seeing the pics though, i regret to say that i am reall disappointed with this figure. His pointjob is really sloppy and his head's a mess.

I'm mad right now. Is this what i've been wishing and waiting for all these years? Who's doing the painting over at Hasbro nowadays? Blind monkeys?